Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Show your support 10:37 - Jul 13 with 15084 viewspompeyhoop

http://stopwar.org.uk/events/national-gaza-demonstration-saturday-19-july-stop-t

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Show your support on 19:38 - Jul 23 with 2149 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Show your support on 19:16 - Jul 23 by kropotkin41

That is utter bullsh*t from a man who would of course do nothing else than justify what Israel has done. For goodness sake, which part of the history of the conquest of Palestine and the Nakba do people not understand? Which part of the fact that Israel has created an apartheid state do people have difficulty getting their heads around.

You do not need to be a supporter of Hamas to find what Israel is doing detestable, and you're not going to find out the truth of it from the mainstream mass media. If you're interested enough to hold an opinion that supports the murderous policy of Israel then take the time to watch this:

I've seen that talk before and recommend it to anyone as an alternative to the predominant Western media coverage. It's depressing stuff, but worthwhile all the same.

I bought a few of his books but found them incredibly heavy going. Much better to watch his talks and reports.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Show your support on 20:08 - Jul 23 with 2104 viewsQPR442

TBH this stuff has been going on since I was a kid and my Mum even when she was young it was the same.
I know what I would do to the lot of them but that probably wouldn't end it.
Best thing for me to do is worry about the safety of my family in my country because whatever I say won't stop what's happening.
Show your support on 20:13 - Jul 23 with 2106 viewsTHEBUSH

Show your support on 19:38 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I've seen that talk before and recommend it to anyone as an alternative to the predominant Western media coverage. It's depressing stuff, but worthwhile all the same.

I bought a few of his books but found them incredibly heavy going. Much better to watch his talks and reports.

He's excellent and it's not like he's biased, as he's Jewish.
Show your support on 20:22 - Jul 23 with 2099 viewsjamois

Hamas is a reprehensible terrorist organisation that does not necessarily represent the views of ordinary Palestinians. Like all terrorist organisations (terrorism: the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims - so you can include a LOT of organisations, businesses and governments in that definition) they bring terror and murder to the table and they have nothing to do with connection and love. We can all agree on Hamas, as we can about all forms of terrorism.

How and why is it that terrorist organisations exist? Typically in response to perceived oppression and violation of rights. And/or when a group of people feel they have no further to fall or nowhere to go. The selective occupation and imposition of apartheid tenets upon Palestinian land and people creates the dead-end situation through which terror groups are born and thrive. Bombing the crap out of them is more or less exactly what is required to perpetuate Hamas and ensure it grows stronger. On this notion alone, regardless of political creed, one's need for duality to infect your soul or your choice of mainstream media poison, we should all be opposed to the bombing and to all war. Any attempt to suggest that this is not how the real world works, and that bombing is a practical solution/response, is basically admitting to having given up on mankind. I for one am not prepared to do that.

I have opinions about how the world really works, behind the cloaked agenda and daily dialogue served up to us through a daily diet of 'the news,' movies and whatever else acts as mind candy. I do not profess to truly understand or know the full picture - it's a minefield too tightly rigged - and as a poster mentioned earlier, I need to concern myself with how I and my family is living, what my footprint upon the world is. To the OP, the idea that thou doth protest too much feels quite apt in this situation. I don't think one can fight a rigged game from the inside, one has to work on establishing a better alternative model instead, even if it's your own, or like-minded peoples', microcosm.

One love.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Show your support on 23:46 - Jul 23 with 2038 viewsFDC

Show your support on 19:38 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Chomsky's writing on Israel is pretty much peerless imo. In general his ability to digest and draw upon an incredible amount of information is pretty mind blowing - I think I read some where that he's the most referenced living person, although I guess a lot of that would be for his work as a linguistics researcher. Understanding Power was quite formative for me politically, although I actually find some of his politics more recently slight lacking. His tv debate with Foucault is on Youtube and well worth a watch, really intriguing to see the way in which their fundamental approaches are at odds. The transcript is online somewhere too.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 19:43]
Show your support on 00:09 - Jul 24 with 2006 viewsOakR

This is worth viewing - about 1.5 hours.

Basically the story of a Palestinian and the 5 film cameras he gets through over his years of filming. It's interesting of you get to know some of the main people focused.

It gives a real perspective and understanding of what some 'normal' Palestinians have to go through. Ultimately it's simply depressing and I don't know who people can live like this - and some of this is nothing compared to what is going on now.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Show your support on 09:21 - Jul 24 with 1954 viewsTHEBUSH

I hate the USA for giving support to Israel, it really sickens me when they veto any UN proposals for peace.
Show your support on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 1930 viewsTopCat34

Interesting to hear Chomsky's name thrown up. The man really is everywhere- and for good reason- it doesn't surprise me that he is so widely referenced, he has ideas on pretty much everything. In terms of linguistics I found his ideas a little paradoxical, but I certainly think the man is truly one of the greats of our time. His ideas of the world, and the US at the time of the Cold War are definitely worth taking a look at, and draw some parallels to today's polarized society.
Login to get fewer ads

Show your support on 17:45 - Jul 24 with 1877 viewscoolranger

Show your support on 11:05 - Jul 13 by THEBUSH

For me, it's about time the USA stopped supporting Israel, perhaps then something serious can be done about bringing peace to that area.

It is presidential suicide for a US administration to be seen to withdraw support for Israel.

The power of immense amounts of Jewish money in the US military industrial complex effectively guarantees Israel the 'official' support of the Land of the Free, even if privately they will try sometimes to reign in certain Israeli moves.

There are also an awful lot of Jews in high office in the US, both within the Govt, Law firms, Wall Street and the Military.

Just think of the names....James Rubin, Mayor Bloomberg, Alan Greenspan (led the Federal Reserve) etc
Show your support on 18:46 - Jul 24 with 1853 viewsRangersw12

Can anyone recommend some books on the subject from a neutral point of view ( if there is one !)

Know next to nothing about it so would be good to read up on it
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 18:50]
Show your support on 19:49 - Jul 24 with 1820 viewsTHEBUSH

Show your support on 17:45 - Jul 24 by coolranger

It is presidential suicide for a US administration to be seen to withdraw support for Israel.

The power of immense amounts of Jewish money in the US military industrial complex effectively guarantees Israel the 'official' support of the Land of the Free, even if privately they will try sometimes to reign in certain Israeli moves.

There are also an awful lot of Jews in high office in the US, both within the Govt, Law firms, Wall Street and the Military.

Just think of the names....James Rubin, Mayor Bloomberg, Alan Greenspan (led the Federal Reserve) etc

So true, that's how Israel, literally get away with murder, without the support of the USA they'd have to abide by UN resolutions.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 19:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024