Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Commonwealth Games. 09:05 - Jul 16 with 14480 viewsDiscodroid

Really looking forward to this well respected showcase of world class athletics in the ampitheatre of dreams and human movement in and around Motherwell.

a cavalcade of excellence with sprinters from Bangledesh looking to hone their explosive power in preperation for their future duels with the Jamaicans.
* news reaches me ,via telegram, that Their number one sprinter ran sandy from crossroads to distant second in just under 48.1113 sec in the 60 meter 'dash' recently .(*source 'the Poona Observer')

we have the powerlifters from kiribati exploring avant garde clean and jerk techqniques (some times lifting the weight of a charles hawtree) safe in the knowledge its only a matter of time when they topple the superheavy weights from the ukraine.

there is much conjecture and indeed excitement here in my office, that the 400 meter runner from brunei darussalam is targeting alf tuppers (brindlington-by-the-shithole, uk) record set in 1874 (* 16 min, 21.23 seconds), when he ran in boots made of exotic materials discoverd by dr livingstone on his expidetion of the zambezi lowlands and studs made of a borax compound .*(tiffin was taken at the 200 meter mark).

As if this isnt enough hot to trot colonial fun, we have born again anti christ and 47 year old fin haired jonathon edwards , iwen 'diablo' thomas and chief aufseherinnen claire balding , exploding into pleasures hither to unknown to the rest of the human race when a shot putter from sierra leone incases the shot put with dry ice , fertiliser and self tapping screws.

see you all at broadgate , central london, where we can catch it all , as it happens, on the newly erected big screen.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 20:44 - Jul 23 with 2774 viewsjamois

May this thread run further than a malawian male marathoner on mandy.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

The Commonwealth Games. on 21:31 - Jul 23 with 2733 viewsHollowayRanger

watched as much of Olympics as I could even bought a torch to remember it by

as for the commonwealth games doubt if i'll watch anything apart from the odd round up on bbc news

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Commonwealth Games. on 21:39 - Jul 23 with 2716 viewsfacto

becky addlington showing some leg!
The Commonwealth Games. on 21:40 - Jul 23 with 2710 viewsHayesender

God save the Queen sung at celtic park

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Commonwealth Games. on 21:41 - Jul 23 with 2710 viewsPhildo

Absolutely disgusted that Russ Abbott has not featured in this opening ceremony
The Commonwealth Games. on 22:08 - Jul 23 with 2664 viewsQPR442

Seems a bit political listen to it. Opening song banging on about everything Scotland invented and I even heard some boos when mentioning the Queen.
They dug up Rod Stewart and that weird looking Boyle woman to sing.
All a bit naff if you ask me especially when they showed Glasgow with all those nice people singing and dancing in the street because last time I was there it was full of drunk/drugged up weirdo's asleep on the floor and the place looked a right dump.
Oh well let them have their moment.
The Commonwealth Games. on 22:16 - Jul 23 with 2650 viewsDWQPR

Having been lucky enough to have attended the Olympic Opening Ceremony, the memories of which will remain with me until I die or get dementia, looking at the shîte that the Scots have put together makes me want them more than ever to vote YES in September. Tin pot country that will be run by a tin pot PM named after a fish. I mean for christ's sake we even got Madge to jump out of a helicopter, the least that the Sweaties could do was to get her to jump out of a polystyrene mock up of a tin of IrnBru or better still a deep fried Mars Bar. No imagination that lot.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Commonwealth Games. on 22:38 - Jul 23 with 2626 viewsMonahoop

The Commonwealth Games. on 22:08 - Jul 23 by QPR442

Seems a bit political listen to it. Opening song banging on about everything Scotland invented and I even heard some boos when mentioning the Queen.
They dug up Rod Stewart and that weird looking Boyle woman to sing.
All a bit naff if you ask me especially when they showed Glasgow with all those nice people singing and dancing in the street because last time I was there it was full of drunk/drugged up weirdo's asleep on the floor and the place looked a right dump.
Oh well let them have their moment.

All those drunk and drugged up weirdos you mention have been swept away and contained in Edinburgh for the next 11 days. Can't have outsiders seeing the REAL Glasgow can we. Well the world has seen Susan Boyle now, so I suppose they are experiencing a bit of the Glaswegian real deal!

Oh the irony of God Save the Queen being played out at Celtic Park. I bet a Gers fan organised that stunt.

And no matter how they tart that place up, Glasgow is still a big toilet, which is a shame because I like the rest of Scotland, well most of it anyway.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Login to get fewer ads

The Commonwealth Games. on 22:46 - Jul 23 with 2618 viewsQPR442

I wont get political about things however I hate the way all these Scottish celebs always go on about Scotland yet where did most of them make their money?
Take Sean Connery, always bleeting on about England yet if it wasn't for a London Based Casting Agent and English TV/Film he would have been lucky to get a part in 'take the high road'? All seem to forget where they made their money.
The Commonwealth Games. on 22:59 - Jul 23 with 2602 viewsCamberleyR

The Commonwealth Games. on 22:46 - Jul 23 by QPR442

I wont get political about things however I hate the way all these Scottish celebs always go on about Scotland yet where did most of them make their money?
Take Sean Connery, always bleeting on about England yet if it wasn't for a London Based Casting Agent and English TV/Film he would have been lucky to get a part in 'take the high road'? All seem to forget where they made their money.

" I hate the way all these Scottish celebs always go on about Scotland yet where did most of them make their money? "

Never mind that, where do most of them live these days? As far away from chilly Jockoland as possible and most of them couldn't wait to get away from it in the first place and in Rod Stewart's case were never even born there.

Your professional Jock is a little bit like your professional Scouser in this case.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Commonwealth Games. on 23:00 - Jul 23 with 2601 viewsQPR442

'And no matter how they tart that place up, Glasgow is still a big toilet, which is a shame because I like the rest of Scotland, well most of it anyway'.

Banter aside I will be going to visit Scotland in the next year or so for a break.
The Commonwealth Games. on 23:08 - Jul 23 with 2592 viewsFearless

The Commonwealth Games. on 21:31 - Jul 23 by HollowayRanger

watched as much of Olympics as I could even bought a torch to remember it by

as for the commonwealth games doubt if i'll watch anything apart from the odd round up on bbc news

Hi

You bought a torch? A real one?
Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

Very few went on sale and the prices were astronomical

Very envious
(Spent 2 years working on London 2012)
The Commonwealth Games. on 00:32 - Jul 24 with 2530 viewskarl

Well f**k the lot of you. I'm not from Glasgow but that was brilliant, Rod Stewart was the only gripe for me. We're a small country and we put on a show to identify us, of course there was crap in there but you tell me that the Olympics opening ceremony was exactly as you would have said London fitted your ideal then fair enough.
Amy MacDonald sings the anthem at all the big games and she is brilliant, pity to lose her among Rod Stewart but I do understand that he is a global name.
Don't compare it to the Olympics as it makes you look like a Man Utd or Scum fan, bit sad really?
The Commonwealth Games. on 08:46 - Jul 24 with 2464 viewsganjR

Everytime Scotland is mentioned on this site, you get 'sweaties this, junkies and alkies that', 'If they want they're fcking country back, let them have it and we'll build the wall up again, blah blah blah', just reminds me that we get some right mugs on here sometimes.
Go back 50 odd years and this site would've had 'If those Nigerians/Jamaicans want their fcking bongo bongo lands back, chuck all the wogs/nggers etc. out of here and let them get on with it, blah blah blah'.
Pathetic.
The Commonwealth Games. on 08:49 - Jul 24 with 2458 viewsfacto

i thought it was ok....remember less than a tenth of the budget of the london 2012 do......subo forgeting the lines priceless and the camper than a row of scout tents mcbarrowman mincing ontop of half a bus....rod stewart sounded like a drowning bagpipe.....truely shocking performance!
The Commonwealth Games. on 08:50 - Jul 24 with 2411 viewssimmo

Looking forward to seeing the African swimmer that has never swum in an outside pool before

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:29 - Jul 24 with 2386 viewsElHoop

Rod Stewart really shouldn't be singing any more and i could have done without John Barrowman as well. Given their lack of current musical talent i think that they did OK - a bit conservative perhaps - but let's face it not many countries have England's musical arsenal.

Baton changing to Maj was poor but we really are shite at anything that resembles a relay. At least she didn't drop it.
The Commonwealth Games. on 09:34 - Jul 24 with 2378 viewsDiscodroid

ffs !!... how did this get on to being racist, only on LFW !!

Did franco, sickboy,spud and renton do a turn?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 9:36]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 10:24 - Jul 24 with 2353 viewsPommyhoop

They should've sung this at the opening do..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Commonwealth Games. on 11:29 - Jul 24 with 2336 viewsElHoop

This always makes me chuckle:

The Commonwealth Games. on 11:32 - Jul 24 with 2331 viewsHooparoo

Honestly, what is the fcking point of the commonwealth games? Complete waste of time.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Commonwealth Games. on 11:49 - Jul 24 with 2317 viewsElHoop

Xenna Hughes, daughter of Mark, is playing for Wales against England at the moment.
The Commonwealth Games. on 12:01 - Jul 24 with 2305 viewssmegma

Scotland are favourites to win the hide and seek gold medal, what with their record at recent world cups and euros.
Does anyone know what days Kabadi is on ??? At least it's a sport worth watching.
The Commonwealth Games. on 12:05 - Jul 24 with 2304 viewsPommyhoop

Jamaica dead certs for the dominoes.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Commonwealth Games. on 12:30 - Jul 24 with 2292 viewsfacto

think i saw little jimmy krankie currently third in the womens triathlon!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024