Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Commonwealth Games. 09:05 - Jul 16 with 14647 viewsDiscodroid

Really looking forward to this well respected showcase of world class athletics in the ampitheatre of dreams and human movement in and around Motherwell.

a cavalcade of excellence with sprinters from Bangledesh looking to hone their explosive power in preperation for their future duels with the Jamaicans.
* news reaches me ,via telegram, that Their number one sprinter ran sandy from crossroads to distant second in just under 48.1113 sec in the 60 meter 'dash' recently .(*source 'the Poona Observer')

we have the powerlifters from kiribati exploring avant garde clean and jerk techqniques (some times lifting the weight of a charles hawtree) safe in the knowledge its only a matter of time when they topple the superheavy weights from the ukraine.

there is much conjecture and indeed excitement here in my office, that the 400 meter runner from brunei darussalam is targeting alf tuppers (brindlington-by-the-shithole, uk) record set in 1874 (* 16 min, 21.23 seconds), when he ran in boots made of exotic materials discoverd by dr livingstone on his expidetion of the zambezi lowlands and studs made of a borax compound .*(tiffin was taken at the 200 meter mark).

As if this isnt enough hot to trot colonial fun, we have born again anti christ and 47 year old fin haired jonathon edwards , iwen 'diablo' thomas and chief aufseherinnen claire balding , exploding into pleasures hither to unknown to the rest of the human race when a shot putter from sierra leone incases the shot put with dry ice , fertiliser and self tapping screws.

see you all at broadgate , central london, where we can catch it all , as it happens, on the newly erected big screen.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 13:09 - Jul 24 with 2945 viewsMrSheen

The Commonwealth Games. on 11:49 - Jul 24 by ElHoop

Xenna Hughes, daughter of Mark, is playing for Wales against England at the moment.

Warrior princess? Kiwi will be along with some pictures soon.

I think they should go full Village-Fete for the games. I like Guernsey for gold in the marrow-growing.

There was a good article in the Guardian about the 1986 games and Robert Maxwell. An African boycott saw most of the boxers drop out, meaning Aneurin Evans of Wales got a bye to the super-heavyweight final...against Lennox Lewis. Harry Carpenter's advice, "If I were him, I'd be running for my life."
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/22/commonwealth-games-1986-robert-maxw
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 13:25]
The Commonwealth Games. on 13:26 - Jul 24 with 2923 viewsDiscodroid

im very sorry, but it really is the athletics version of the british home internationals, with noel brotherstone tinkering down the left flank with his bald pate whipping in a cross for sammy mclroy to put one past dai davies in front of 1,765 people at windsor park on a tuesday night.

or jimmy nicholl kick murdo mcloud up the arse at the vetch.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 13:35 - Jul 24 with 2909 viewskomradkirk

The Commonwealth Games. on 13:26 - Jul 24 by Discodroid

im very sorry, but it really is the athletics version of the british home internationals, with noel brotherstone tinkering down the left flank with his bald pate whipping in a cross for sammy mclroy to put one past dai davies in front of 1,765 people at windsor park on a tuesday night.

or jimmy nicholl kick murdo mcloud up the arse at the vetch.

happy days,we have this trophy and it is not coming back
The Commonwealth Games. on 13:47 - Jul 24 with 2893 viewsDiscodroid

The Commonwealth Games. on 13:35 - Jul 24 by komradkirk

happy days,we have this trophy and it is not coming back

there was never a finer sight than derrick spence in full flight at the ballymena showgrounds in front of a shed full of the nutting squad, looking like the lead signer from 'sweet'.

i just checked northern ireland reigning champions 1983/84!..

i always remember as a youngster watching wee bryan flynn for wales play , looking as if he had strolled on to the pitch having just shared a benson and hedges with tucker jenkins and benny behind the bike sheds.

The Commonwealth Games. on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 2854 viewsDiscodroid

wonderful opening ceremony..

obviously the part where john barrowman indulges in a harmles limp wristed vignette of man on man tenderness on the stage can only inhance the true cause of the commonwealth games.

if only other brave figureheads of same sex horseplay could state the case for licking crunchy peanut butter off the back of another guys knees , the myriad strands of persecution that run deep throughout society and apperently infest her majestys commonwealth , will surely wither and dire on the vine..

if johns flagrant display of masculine, yet tender love fails to inspire usain bolt to gold in the sprint relay against the benghalis crack quintet, well , i dont know what will....

just look at that shock and awe of the gathered crowds at johns gandhi like stance against the oppression of the status quo and tory led junta...

the bbc radio 5 lunchtime sports phone in had a taxi driver from govan rang in and say it was 'inappropiate' and had nothing to do with the games..

...queue screaming banshees( the presenter and her hysterical guests denounce him as raging homophobic and a bigot) ...the poor bloke sounded in his fifties and a typical burly glasgow cab driver...he just seemed a bit bemused by it all....as am i
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 15:21]

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:32 - Jul 24 with 2837 viewsDiscodroid

always look forward to the bit where 6 weeks after the games officials suddenly realise that 159 athletes from various parts of the globe have gone missing and set up home with white dee in birmingham.as per the olympics
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 15:33]

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:45 - Jul 24 with 2825 viewsfacto

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:32 - Jul 24 by Discodroid

always look forward to the bit where 6 weeks after the games officials suddenly realise that 159 athletes from various parts of the globe have gone missing and set up home with white dee in birmingham.as per the olympics

The Commonwealth Games. on 16:25 - Jul 24 with 2806 viewspaulparker

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:32 - Jul 24 by Discodroid

f uck that I would rather set up home with the Bako Harem than White Dee and her off spring,
Back to the Games, Mrs made me watch the opening ceremony, I actually thought it was TV gold, especially the old dears dressed in the Blue, Orange & yellow hi di hi suits dancing to 2 unlimiteds no limits as the "Athletes" from the Isle of Man came out,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

The Commonwealth Games. on 17:23 - Jul 24 with 2777 viewsDiscodroid

and the gold medal for liquefied farts goes to ross macpharter.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 17:25]

The Commonwealth Games. on 17:25 - Jul 24 with 2775 viewsfacto

that helen skeleton is a darn fine little minxette!
The Commonwealth Games. on 13:05 - Jul 26 with 2708 viewsDiscodroid

Come on now, when will it all end....

whens the girl who got shot by the taliban handing the medals out to hijab wearing 400 meter runners ?

why is there a lifeboat from the titanic domiciled in the stands of the swimming pool arena .... for survivors of the 200 meter freestyle?

discodroid' putting the colonial boot in, while their on the floor'

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:55 - Jul 28 with 2643 viewsDiscodroid

i dont wish to rain on its mediocre parade but enough is enough.

news reaches me that a 13 year old girl has won a bronze medal. also a man that had a 38/40 waist and took up running his Mid thirties was selected for england in the marathon.

on the bbc 18 hour coverage today i heard that a 60 year old grandad is competing in the shooting and an artist chap that has 2/3 fights is boxing for england.

inspirational, without any doubt , and puts my daily 50 eyebrow raises (per eye) to shame , but its not exactly the harsh dojo of the diabolical former soviet union and GDR ampitheatre of excellence is it.

i said before i thought it was the end of season home internationals of the athletics world, it isnt, its the stanley rous cup
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 9:58]

The Commonwealth Games. on 10:40 - Jul 28 with 2614 viewsandygg

The bbc are so proud of their Commonwealth games w@nkfest.
Bunch of idiots.
The Commonwealth Games. on 17:37 - Jul 28 with 2541 viewsDiscodroid

stop press..womens..Hockey ...................................................................................
Wales 0 (nil)..........Scotland 2 (two)............................................................End press.....

The Commonwealth Games. on 20:01 - Jul 28 with 2510 viewsCamberleyR

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:55 - Jul 28 by Discodroid

news reaches me that a 13 year old girl has won a bronze medal. also a man that had a 38/40 waist and took up running his Mid thirties was selected for england in the marathon.

on the bbc 18 hour coverage today i heard that a 60 year old grandad is competing in the shooting and an artist chap that has 2/3 fights is boxing for england.

inspirational, without any doubt , and puts my daily 50 eyebrow raises (per eye) to shame , but its not exactly the harsh dojo of the diabolical former soviet union and GDR ampitheatre of excellence is it.

i said before i thought it was the end of season home internationals of the athletics world, it isnt, its the stanley rous cup

I mostly get where you're coming from Disco, with the CG. I admit most of the time it's like two bald men fighting over a comb but Steve Way (the 40 year old marathon runner) gets my respect.

He may have only finished tenth but he broke the British record for over 40s in the marathon which had stood for 35 years and considering where he'd come from being a bloke who smoked 20 a day and tipped the scales at 16 and a half stone only seven years ago, I think is pretty impressive.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Commonwealth Games. on 20:08 - Jul 28 with 2501 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Commonwealth Games. on 10:40 - Jul 28 by andygg

The bbc are so proud of their Commonwealth games w@nkfest.
Bunch of idiots.

oh do piss off. no one's forcing you to watch it. there are tons of channels, even if you only have freeview.

No, Commonwealths are not the pinnacle of sport, but they're fun and devoid, mostly, of the preening nonsense of football and other sports. If you win any sport you're still one of the best in Britain at the very least. Personally, I think that's something these sportspeople should be proud of.

Some of the sneering on here gets really tiresome, even when its couched in flowery discodroid comedy.

Bare bones.

The Commonwealth Games. on 20:44 - Jul 28 with 2481 viewskarl

The Commonwealth Games. on 20:08 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

oh do piss off. no one's forcing you to watch it. there are tons of channels, even if you only have freeview.

No, Commonwealths are not the pinnacle of sport, but they're fun and devoid, mostly, of the preening nonsense of football and other sports. If you win any sport you're still one of the best in Britain at the very least. Personally, I think that's something these sportspeople should be proud of.

Some of the sneering on here gets really tiresome, even when its couched in flowery discodroid comedy.

Well said AH, we all support a club where the highlights have been very insignificant compared to other prizes in World football but winning in May ranks as the best moment in my football supporting life. If anyone said to me that our achievement was the equivalent of the Commonwealth Games and not the Olympics then so what, nobody can tell me how I felt that day cos I don't care what anyone thinks.
The Commonwealth Games. on 21:02 - Jul 28 with 2472 viewsqueensparker

I was cynical as Disco to start with, but enjoying it now in a low-key way, being the best at ANYTHING in your own country is something to celebrate, and that's chucking in the Aussies and Jamaicans and a fair few other great sporting countries.

Why not enjoy a bit of amateur-spirit sport, done for the sake of winning and nothing else, before we get thrown into the fixed, cash-crazed, tw*t-infested tabloid clusterf-ck that is the "EPL"
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 21:03]
The Commonwealth Games. on 21:47 - Jul 28 with 2425 viewsandygg

The Commonwealth Games. on 20:08 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

I haven't been watching it. I just hate the way the bbc have been going on about it, like it's on a par with the Olympics.
Anyway sod you, I dont need your permission to make a comment.
The Commonwealth Games. on 21:56 - Jul 28 with 2415 viewsEalingRanger

I would endure torture instead of watching this sh**. Waste of time and money. All these athletes should learn to play football or do one.
The Commonwealth Games. on 22:26 - Jul 28 with 2398 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Commonwealth Games. on 21:47 - Jul 28 by andygg

I haven't been watching it. I just hate the way the bbc have been going on about it, like it's on a par with the Olympics.
Anyway sod you, I dont need your permission to make a comment.

Sorry mate, but if you make an ignorant comment like that, you can expect a bit of bite back. If you don't like it, try not to say such mean-spirited things on a public forum.
And you haven't even *watched* it? So your beef is they're advertising their coverage? Give me strength. Yours must be a cold life, Andy.

Bare bones.

The Commonwealth Games. on 01:53 - Jul 29 with 2338 viewsgobbles

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:55 - Jul 28 by Discodroid

Is that artist chap you are referring to Joe Joyce? He' took up the sport late, but he'ss had more than 2-3 fights, more like 30. He gave the Oleksandr Usyk, the Olympic heavyweight champion, a good fight in the World Series of Boxing last year, has been English champ 2-3 times, is 6ft 6in and heavy-handed. Top prospect who could win a medal at the next Olympics. Sorry if you find it dull watching such talented sportsmen, or maybe you don't think sportsmen should have interests beyond the average footballer.
The Commonwealth Games. on 08:47 - Jul 29 with 2301 viewsDiscodroid

gentlemen of the jury, i did say that these people (in particular the marathon runner )are inspirational in my posting.

if that 13 year old girl was my daughter i would be bursting with pride, keep it schtum but i stayed up late to watch the 100 mtr final and clapped the english geezer home in the 1oo meter final, despite having to get up at 4am.

with some exceptions , i stand by my assertion its the stanley rous cup of the athletics world, although i do remember as a wee bairn jumping up and down when allan wells won the moscow olympics without the americans.

i may be sensitive or certified insane, but its the coverage that irritates me , being hysterical in some cases, i dont know if any one heard radio 5 yesterday but i though bob beamon, ed moses, and pietro menia were taking part in the net ball quarter final , such was nicky campbell's rampant orgasams of utopia.

its also nice to hear the word 'iconic' every time a power lifter from the cook islands picks some wax out of his ear.

maybe its just been to close to the london olympics and im just a bit weary of the politics and sense of forced strength through joy coverage of the bbc over many many many ,any outlets.

any yes 95% of it bores me, as i sit there like a latter day emperor nero , waiting to give the thumbs down to yet another senseless kill, or the shot put final

[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 9:09]

The Commonwealth Games. on 08:54 - Jul 29 with 2296 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Seeing as the 13 year old was taking part in a para event I think bursting with pride would be justified. It was an achievement worth being proud of.
The Commonwealth Games. on 10:07 - Jul 29 with 2265 viewsDiscodroid

The Commonwealth Games. on 08:54 - Jul 29 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Seeing as the 13 year old was taking part in a para event I think bursting with pride would be justified. It was an achievement worth being proud of.

i didnt know that, even more incredible and heart warming.

a very special , brave, courageous girl.

the para olympics or indeed any guise it takes is inspirational beyond words and i doff my cap to all participants .far braver than i.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 10:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024