Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Commonwealth Games. 09:05 - Jul 16 with 14652 viewsDiscodroid

Really looking forward to this well respected showcase of world class athletics in the ampitheatre of dreams and human movement in and around Motherwell.

a cavalcade of excellence with sprinters from Bangledesh looking to hone their explosive power in preperation for their future duels with the Jamaicans.
* news reaches me ,via telegram, that Their number one sprinter ran sandy from crossroads to distant second in just under 48.1113 sec in the 60 meter 'dash' recently .(*source 'the Poona Observer')

we have the powerlifters from kiribati exploring avant garde clean and jerk techqniques (some times lifting the weight of a charles hawtree) safe in the knowledge its only a matter of time when they topple the superheavy weights from the ukraine.

there is much conjecture and indeed excitement here in my office, that the 400 meter runner from brunei darussalam is targeting alf tuppers (brindlington-by-the-shithole, uk) record set in 1874 (* 16 min, 21.23 seconds), when he ran in boots made of exotic materials discoverd by dr livingstone on his expidetion of the zambezi lowlands and studs made of a borax compound .*(tiffin was taken at the 200 meter mark).

As if this isnt enough hot to trot colonial fun, we have born again anti christ and 47 year old fin haired jonathon edwards , iwen 'diablo' thomas and chief aufseherinnen claire balding , exploding into pleasures hither to unknown to the rest of the human race when a shot putter from sierra leone incases the shot put with dry ice , fertiliser and self tapping screws.

see you all at broadgate , central london, where we can catch it all , as it happens, on the newly erected big screen.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:24 - Jul 16 with 7409 viewsQPRMUSO

I can't imagine too many people giving two hoots about this utter waste of money. On the other hand disco, your intro cracked me up as most of your posts do. Very python of you.
The Commonwealth Games. on 09:25 - Jul 16 with 7404 viewskensalriser

You talk too much bro.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:28 - Jul 16 with 7395 viewsToast_R

An outdated organisation which stinks of good old Imperialism and just shows how many countries the British had no business being in whatsoever. What did it actually do for the average Briton? A few jobs at the docks and an opportunity risking your life for a pittance taking the Kings shilling? Two World Wars later and countless lives, why do they still harp on with it?
The Commonwealth Games. on 09:29 - Jul 16 with 7393 viewsLblock

Sandy from Crossroads! ! Absolute class!
Your mind is a mysterious place.

As for the event itself, to paraphrase Lizzie herself, "I declare these games shite"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:31 - Jul 16 with 7375 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:29 - Jul 16 by Lblock

As for the event itself, to paraphrase Lizzie herself, "I declare these games shite"

"lifting the weight of a charles hawtree" was the one that got me.

Oh Disco, you do make me chuckle...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:32 - Jul 16 with 7369 viewsDiscodroid

lol!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:32 - Jul 16 with 7367 viewsDiscodroid

The Commonwealth Games. on 09:31 - Jul 16 by BrianMcCarthy

"lifting the weight of a charles hawtree" was the one that got me.

Oh Disco, you do make me chuckle...

one for the kids bri!

i thought we could log world records, deaths and general observations of this wonderful occasion so that our children will have a tangible record of this momentous occassion that only a stand alone thread could aussage.

every great trophy needs its own plinth!!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2014 9:35]

The Commonwealth Games. on 14:05 - Jul 16 with 7268 viewsfrancisbowles

Very amusing post but I for one will be watching as much as possible.

It may not be the Olympics but it does have some class and plenty of interest.

Particularly great for those athletes who practise their sport for little or no reward but may never make it to an Olympics or World event.

Shame there is not a football event, we might have a chance!
Login to get fewer ads

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:22 - Jul 16 with 7246 viewsHayesender

The Commonwealth Games. on 14:05 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

Particularly great for those athletes who practise their sport for little or no reward but may never make it to an Olympics or World event.

We'd lose in the quarter final to the isle of man

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 7230 viewsElHoop

The Commonwealth Games. on 14:05 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

Yeah i'll be watching some of it. Bound to be a bit of fun and some sports can give youngsters a chance to warm up for the bigger competitions by winning in a games environment. The likes of Johnson-Thompson I mean.
The Commonwealth Games. on 15:47 - Jul 16 with 7204 viewsDiscodroid

sorry gentlemen, which is the commonwealth games uniform 2014??

is it the one with the hemaphrodite 'teaser' and his pagan followers or the kilt wearing 'beat combo'on their way to the blitz/club for heroes circa@1981..

'to cut a long story short these games are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.'

The Commonwealth Games. on 16:04 - Jul 16 with 7189 viewsHantsR

Oi! don't mock the i-Kiribati! I spent several very happy years living and working there so will look out for their achievements with great interest.

Don't know about their power-lifting abilities but they can shimmy up a coconut tree without a safety net or harness quicker than any other.
The Commonwealth Games. on 16:37 - Jul 16 with 7153 viewsfrancisbowles

The Commonwealth Games. on 16:04 - Jul 16 by HantsR

Oi! don't mock the i-Kiribati! I spent several very happy years living and working there so will look out for their achievements with great interest.

Don't know about their power-lifting abilities but they can shimmy up a coconut tree without a safety net or harness quicker than any other.

Well I'll enjoy them and you will be watching ITV or some such.

My major worry is that the Scots do well and independence becomes a step nearer, with every jingoistic version of 'Flower' as the Saltire is hoisted but that's another debate!

Btw Mrs Francisbowles says that Hampden is nowhere near Motherwell and she should know!
The Commonwealth Games. on 16:38 - Jul 16 with 7153 viewschris1969

The Commonwealth Games. on 15:34 - Jul 16 by ElHoop

Yeah i'll be watching some of it. Bound to be a bit of fun and some sports can give youngsters a chance to warm up for the bigger competitions by winning in a games environment. The likes of Johnson-Thompson I mean.

She is on course to smash the British record and possibly world. Look out for Matthew Hudson Smith in the 400m who started the year with a PB of 48.76 but ran 44.97 on Saturday still only 19 yrs old.

Will watch some of the athletics, boxing and cycling.
The Commonwealth Games. on 16:49 - Jul 16 with 7140 viewsElHoop

The Commonwealth Games. on 16:38 - Jul 16 by chris1969

She is on course to smash the British record and possibly world. Look out for Matthew Hudson Smith in the 400m who started the year with a PB of 48.76 but ran 44.97 on Saturday still only 19 yrs old.

Will watch some of the athletics, boxing and cycling.

Yeah she is very very very good.
The Commonwealth Games. on 16:53 - Jul 16 with 7133 viewsHantsR

The Commonwealth Games. on 16:49 - Jul 16 by ElHoop

Yeah she is very very very good.

...and one of the best names ever!
The Commonwealth Games. on 17:02 - Jul 16 with 7117 viewsfacto

love to sniff laura trotts saddle straight after the 5000 metres dash!
The Commonwealth Games. on 17:32 - Jul 16 with 7091 viewsHantsR

The Commonwealth Games. on 16:37 - Jul 16 by francisbowles

Well I'll enjoy them and you will be watching ITV or some such.

My major worry is that the Scots do well and independence becomes a step nearer, with every jingoistic version of 'Flower' as the Saltire is hoisted but that's another debate!

Btw Mrs Francisbowles says that Hampden is nowhere near Motherwell and she should know!

Huh, watching ITV, me!? Sorry, I'll be watching and enjoying these games - like you, it will only be spoilt for me by Alex Salmond and his crew.
The Commonwealth Games. on 17:35 - Jul 16 with 7086 viewsfacto

The Commonwealth Games. on 17:32 - Jul 16 by HantsR

Huh, watching ITV, me!? Sorry, I'll be watching and enjoying these games - like you, it will only be spoilt for me by Alex Salmond and his crew.

and the non stop rain!!
The Commonwealth Games. on 17:40 - Jul 16 with 7076 viewsHantsR

The Commonwealth Games. on 17:35 - Jul 16 by facto

and the non stop rain!!

Fair point. I lived in Glasgow and know what it's like!
The Commonwealth Games. on 19:22 - Jul 16 with 7045 viewsfrancisbowles

The Commonwealth Games. on 17:32 - Jul 16 by HantsR

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. Was meant for Discodroid!
The Commonwealth Games. on 03:55 - Jul 17 with 6973 viewsFredManRave

His mind blows my mind.

You couldn't make up over half the stuff that DD writes.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Commonwealth Games. on 10:56 - Jul 17 with 6909 viewsdaveinmelbourne

The Commonwealth Games. on 03:55 - Jul 17 by FredManRave

His mind blows my mind.

You couldn't make up over half the stuff that DD writes.

Always makes me laugh!
How about another TOWIE rant Disco? Being from Essex I appreciate where you're coming from.
The Commonwealth Games. on 13:57 - Jul 23 with 6837 viewsDiscodroid

i feel its my grave duty to relay to you that the british broadcasting corporation reported on their sports bulletin at 1.36 pm that "myfanwy bronwyn bevan has had to pull out of 'team wales' womens hockey team with a slight calf strain".

ive opened a book of condolence and a minutes silence to be observed at 2pm , ended by the ringing of the lutine bell @lloyds of london.

the captains room will be serving light refreshment(no alcohol) from 3.30pm
no flowers please . any donations to be sent directly to me for amortiztion

thank you.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 13:58]

The Commonwealth Games. on 14:02 - Jul 23 with 6823 viewsfacto

disco you are really out there arent you .....you make morgantwin look like charles darwin on acid!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024