Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby signed George Thorne 22:01 - Jul 19 with 4784 viewsYorkRanger

That's all
Derby signed George Thorne on 22:06 - Jul 19 with 3203 viewsCHUBBS

Yeah saw that,for a fee likely to be in the region of 1.2 million.
Surely being only 21 and on the up he's the sort of signing a club like us should be making?
Derby signed George Thorne on 22:14 - Jul 19 with 3167 viewsLowerloftLad

Good for them I'm sure he will be ready for Rotherham

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Derby signed George Thorne on 22:18 - Jul 19 with 3154 viewsbosh67

Missed opportunity.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby signed George Thorne on 22:24 - Jul 19 with 3133 viewsqueensparker

Whoever that bloke is on here that puts on heavy bets on the Championship every year, Derby to win it has got to be the one. They've kept that whole squad together from last season apart from Bamford and Andre Wisdom so far.

(as long as every team doesn't come out with 10 men, defend like heroes and bring on their ageing cult hero at the end)
[Post edited 19 Jul 2014 22:51]
Derby signed George Thorne on 22:45 - Jul 19 with 3059 viewsNorthernr

It's an absolute steal for Derby, and a fcking disaster for West Brom. I always hark back to Dan Ashworth (former DofF at WBA) and his column in the programme a couple of years back for our game there. It was about 3,000 words long, totally free of spin and PR, and actually appeared as if he'd written it rather than given an interview to a journo or ghost. It was all about a Saturday where WBA had played at home, but he'd been tracking eight different kids they had loaned out here there and everywhere, chief among them was George Thorne who he had massive hopes for.

Ashworth got poached by the FA and WBA have appointed Richard Garlick since who, on the face of it, seems to be making a total pig's ear of it. I remember Ashworth saying if their manager left tomorrow they knew the top five choices they would approah immediately to replace him. Compare that to the Pepe Mel/Alan Irvine farces.

Thorne was the best player on the pitch in our play off final by a million miles. In the current climate, it's astonishing that he's worth £1m.

West Brom are going this season, surely to Christ.
Derby signed George Thorne on 23:15 - Jul 19 with 2995 viewsderbyhoop

The Baggies make Labour's 1983 manifesto(the longest suicide note in history) look sensible.
Add Villa's recruitment of Senderos and Joe Cole and it could be a hard season for the West Midlands.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Derby signed George Thorne on 23:17 - Jul 19 with 2992 viewsMarc

Would like to have seen us take a punt on this lad.

Instead we are talking about signing a player from Bolton, one that has an horrendous injury record for three times the price Derby have paid for Thorne.
Derby signed George Thorne on 06:55 - Jul 20 with 2836 viewsdaveB

would have liked to see us go in for him and surprised no one else took a chance on him but great signing for Derby
Login to get fewer ads

Derby signed George Thorne on 08:09 - Jul 20 with 2809 viewsJonDoeman

Why is he so cheap then? And not overpriced like every other young English player ? More to this than meets the eye. Wouldn't worry about it, doubt there was ever a chance of him coming here.

It Is What It Is !!

Derby signed George Thorne on 08:17 - Jul 20 with 2791 viewswood_hoop

Derby signed George Thorne on 08:09 - Jul 20 by JonDoeman

Why is he so cheap then? And not overpriced like every other young English player ? More to this than meets the eye. Wouldn't worry about it, doubt there was ever a chance of him coming here.

Even Prem clubs can only have so many players on their books, there is probably more 'raw talent' out there that could be taken a chance with, but as a rule HR tends to go for 'proven' players, so only a very slim chance of seeing a player like this at QPR for a good while yet.
Derby signed George Thorne on 09:49 - Jul 20 with 2669 viewsJonDoeman

Derby signed George Thorne on 08:17 - Jul 20 by wood_hoop

Even Prem clubs can only have so many players on their books, there is probably more 'raw talent' out there that could be taken a chance with, but as a rule HR tends to go for 'proven' players, so only a very slim chance of seeing a player like this at QPR for a good while yet.

I don't know wood hoop, I think Harry might have been interested the way he played at Wembley, definitely at that price anyway!!

It Is What It Is !!

Derby signed George Thorne on 11:36 - Jul 20 with 2563 viewsDiscodroid

i thought bryson would have been the signing of the summer for us, in dire need of legs in the middle of the pitch....something ' van der valk vart ' simply hasnt got...nice theme tune tho 'h' !!

[Post edited 20 Jul 2014 11:37]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Derby signed George Thorne on 11:50 - Jul 20 with 2531 viewsTHEBUSH

It seems that every decent young English player, that comes on the market, we should be signing them
Derby signed George Thorne on 12:40 - Jul 20 with 2467 viewsDiscodroid

Derby signed George Thorne on 11:50 - Jul 20 by THEBUSH

It seems that every decent young English player, that comes on the market, we should be signing them

i think its because we never do.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Derby signed George Thorne on 12:46 - Jul 20 with 2458 viewsTHEBUSH

Derby signed George Thorne on 12:40 - Jul 20 by Discodroid

Sorry Disco, that's far from the truth.
Derby signed George Thorne on 13:52 - Jul 20 with 2387 viewsNorthernr

Derby signed George Thorne on 11:50 - Jul 20 by THEBUSH

Yeh that's exactly how it seems. I must have imagined all the posts talking about how expensive the likes of Livermore, Lallana etc are and how we're glad we haven't been sucked into that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Derby signed George Thorne on 14:45 - Jul 20 with 2339 viewsTHEBUSH

Derby signed George Thorne on 13:52 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Yeh that's exactly how it seems. I must have imagined all the posts talking about how expensive the likes of Livermore, Lallana etc are and how we're glad we haven't been sucked into that.

Do you think, Livermore, Lallana etc are only decent or a bit more than that ?
Derby signed George Thorne on 14:50 - Jul 20 with 2331 viewsNorthernr

Derby signed George Thorne on 14:45 - Jul 20 by THEBUSH

Do you think, Livermore, Lallana etc are only decent or a bit more than that ?

Lallana is quality, but I don't see it with Livermore at all. Certainly not at £8m. I'd have been very concerned if we'd gone for that.

Derby signed George Thorne on 21:18 - Jul 20 with 2201 viewsessextaxiboy

Derby signed George Thorne on 12:40 - Jul 20 by Discodroid

Simpson, Phillips, Austin .
Derby signed George Thorne on 23:06 - Jul 20 with 2113 viewstoreqpr

WBA are on the verge of signing Cristian Gamboa from my local club Rosenborg .He is a full back who had a good WC with Costa Rica.Surly too Young for HR ;-)
Derby signed George Thorne on 08:21 - Jul 21 with 2032 viewsDiscodroid

Derby signed George Thorne on 21:18 - Jul 20 by essextaxiboy

Simpson, Phillips, Austin .

no doubt about it 3 excellent signings.although none of those are in their early twenties

but the pantheon of pretty young things over the past few years zamora, johnson, o'niel, benny, a hughes, jam jar, jeanas ,l young, swp,henry, dunne , park etc etc may have clouded my judgement somewhat on our policy of youth.

perhaps the media's perception and other fans of us as a dads army is unwarrented, i suppose we'll find out this season.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 8:50]

Derby signed George Thorne on 09:15 - Jul 21 with 1971 viewsWestminsteRs

Derby signed George Thorne on 08:21 - Jul 21 by Discodroid

no doubt about it 3 excellent signings.although none of those are in their early twenties

but the pantheon of pretty young things over the past few years zamora, johnson, o'niel, benny, a hughes, jam jar, jeanas ,l young, swp,henry, dunne , park etc etc may have clouded my judgement somewhat on our policy of youth.

perhaps the media's perception and other fans of us as a dads army is unwarrented, i suppose we'll find out this season.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 8:50]

Phillips was 22 when we bought him.
Derby signed George Thorne on 09:22 - Jul 21 with 1960 viewsDiscodroid

Derby signed George Thorne on 09:15 - Jul 21 by WestminsteRs

Phillips was 22 when we bought him.

thanks.

that should bring the mean, mode, median range down from 38.21 years to 38.11 .

Lord Summerisle/ Fernandes: "Good afternoon, Sergeant Rednapp. I trust the sight of the young players refreshes you. "

Sergeant Howie/ Redknapp: "No sir, it does NOT refresh me. "
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 9:23]

Derby signed George Thorne on 13:50 - Jul 21 with 1879 viewsessextaxiboy

Derby signed George Thorne on 09:22 - Jul 21 by Discodroid

thanks.

that should bring the mean, mode, median range down from 38.21 years to 38.11 .

Lord Summerisle/ Fernandes: "Good afternoon, Sergeant Rednapp. I trust the sight of the young players refreshes you. "

Sergeant Howie/ Redknapp: "No sir, it does NOT refresh me. "
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 9:23]

It does show that Redknapp is looking for a mix of ages . If Thorne was a missed opportunity why wasnt there bids from other Prem clubs . Clive says he was the best player at Wembley by a million miles . Surely other clubs with money to spend were watching? Maybe they chose to pass as we did ........
Derby signed George Thorne on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 1863 viewsDANRANGER

Derby signed George Thorne on 13:50 - Jul 21 by essextaxiboy

It does show that Redknapp is looking for a mix of ages . If Thorne was a missed opportunity why wasnt there bids from other Prem clubs . Clive says he was the best player at Wembley by a million miles . Surely other clubs with money to spend were watching? Maybe they chose to pass as we did ........

I guess we judge the signings when the window closes. I trust Redknapp to get it right and I'm as impatient as the next man to see signings arrive soon. We need to set Caulker a deadline as fee was agreed 2 weeks ago so sign or move on to the next one. Still 4 weeks to go.

Surprised Redknapp wasn't interested in Thorne though as he should know about him and we are desperately short in centre midfield. We only have Barton as Granero/Faurlin should not be rushed into it so we are 2 short imo. Holtby getting a mention which I like but I'm done with speculation now. Be interesting to see our new formation tomorrow and we'll start to understand where we need to strengthen as with 3 at the back I expect 2 up top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024