Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation candidates 11:54 - Jul 22 with 7482 viewswhittocksRs

Besides ourselves, Leicester and Burnley, who else do you think are in the relegation mixer? League looks quite strong this year across the board.

I'll go with:

WBA — seems like they're trying to commit suicide appointing Irvine in charge, spending £10m on a Nigerian reserve forward and Lescott trying for a transfer away after a month with the club.

Swansea — similarly imploding by selling all their best players and not seemingly having anyone lined up to replace them.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:03]
Relegation candidates on 13:33 - Jul 22 with 1724 viewsadhoc_qpr

Currently my relegation predictions would be:

Us - didn't score goals last season, but haven't addressed the issues in midfield or brought backup support for Charlie. Defence should be better with Rio and maybe Caulker, but need to make a few key signings to have a chance.

Villa - poor team, poor management, poor owners, poor transfers. Looks like it can only go one way.

Burnley - good team ethic and impressive manager but haven't strengthened so far and a thin squad and injuries might see them struggle.

Although Palace (when the Pulis effect wears off) and WBA both have car crash season potential.
Relegation candidates on 13:36 - Jul 22 with 1715 viewsrrrspricey

Relegation candidates on 13:18 - Jul 22 by Tonto

I would be happy with 18th..

All the suspects have been named here already. Stoke, as Konk says, wont be one of them no matter how much we wish for it. God and justice have no interest in football, otherwise Hull and cardiff would not have been promoted the year we went down.

My 3 for the drop?

Burnley - seem to be setting themselves up as a yo yo club (no issue with that either)
Villa - chairman wants out, no money, too reliant on youth
Either us or Leicester - both of us will spend big, but I dont trust either team to buy the right players... although if Caulker does come in, we have done better so far.

Wouldn't be overly happy with 18th, with only 20 teams in the prem we'd be down tonto old chap
Relegation candidates on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 1680 viewsTonto

Relegation candidates on 13:36 - Jul 22 by rrrspricey

Wouldn't be overly happy with 18th, with only 20 teams in the prem we'd be down tonto old chap

I though there were 22 clubs! Just shows how much I hate the premiersh!t...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Relegation candidates on 13:55 - Jul 22 with 1676 viewsMonahoop

Have an inkling that Leicester will stay up.
WBA will drop and our good selves and Burnley will return to the Championship. I initially predicted we might scrape 17th spot, but now I'm really not that confident at all, but I may change my mind again this time next week. Suppose the best scenario is to just wait and see.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Relegation candidates on 14:07 - Jul 22 with 1649 viewsNorthernr

Well I actually think Leicester will be relatively fine - 15th or so.

I expect Villa to have a total mare unless they get a buyer soon. Lambert out by October to be replaced by keane at which point they'll already be bottom. Not only were they poor last season but they've added a crock of sht this summer and their opening fixtures are Stoke A, Newcastle H Hull H and then, deep breath, Liverpool A, Arsenal H, Chelsea A, Man City H, Everton A, QPR A, Spurs H.

Sadly I think Burnley will struggle. Great manager, but I sense the plan there is a bit of a West Brom of old where they'll come, bank, go down, come back, add a couple more, bank, go down, come back and so on. Securing the financial future of the club for years to come while steadily adding to the squad under an excellent young manager. Sigh.

West Brom look like a shuttle disaster. They too have a tough September and October with Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton so they need points from their first three games (two of them away at Southampton and Swansea) or I expect a big backlash against garlick and the Irvine appointment. I stll don't understand why they were so keen to get rid of Shane Long.

Southampton? Who knows. Big talent drain going on there.

Swansea? Rookie manager, Michu gone, Bony possibly going.

Hull? Steve Bruce doing well and a good strike force but clubs often struggle in their second season and they've got a whole load of European games to factor in this season too which teams also often struggle to cope with. They're very reliant on Huddlestone so if he gets injured they could have a problem. Bruce is also not exactly noted for his loyalty and will get linked with jobs - Newcastle in particular where Pardew will be under pressure early if they don't hit the ground running.

Newcastle - can't remember their record without Remy last season but it was abysmal. Remy not there this season and fans never far away from a revolt.

Sunderland - I think Poyet will do great there but you can't discount them considering how poor they were for all of last season. Not exactly tearing up trees with signings so far.

Stoke - Taffia going to start weaving their magic?

Palace - Can Pulis really do that again? Very limited side on paper.

West Ham - Really intrigued to see how that's going to go this season. The whole "I promise I'll play better football next season and hire an attacking coach" thing from Allardyce at the end of last season was remarkable. So they're under pressure not only for results, but also for decent football this year. Made some nice signings though and Carroll might stay fit this time.

There's lots for us to aim at basically. I think we'll be fourth bottom over Burnley, West Brom and Villa.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Relegation candidates on 14:11 - Jul 22 with 1629 viewsvblockranger

Villa, Burnley, Us, West ham, Southampton and Hull i reckon
Relegation candidates on 14:45 - Jul 22 with 1595 viewsJonDoeman

I think we'll be fine !!

It Is What It Is !!

Relegation candidates on 14:51 - Jul 22 with 1590 viewskensalriser

I think Leicester will struggle. Nugent and Dyer for two don't strike me as Premier league players.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation candidates on 14:54 - Jul 22 with 1579 viewsNorthernr

Relegation candidates on 14:51 - Jul 22 by kensalriser

I think Leicester will struggle. Nugent and Dyer for two don't strike me as Premier league players.

Dyer has gone to Watford hasn't he?
Relegation candidates on 14:58 - Jul 22 with 1566 viewsTacticalR

Relegation candidates on 14:51 - Jul 22 by kensalriser

Nugent played in the Premier League for Portsmouth and blew Benoît Assou-Ekotto away at Leicester last season.

Air hostess clique

Relegation candidates on 15:23 - Jul 22 with 1518 viewsfacto

welcome to the premier league.....bar the usual top seven/eight all the rest are relegation candidates!
Relegation candidates on 15:33 - Jul 22 with 1512 viewsMedwayR

Relegation candidates on 13:32 - Jul 22 by Konk

Or you can maybe argue that Hughes has been poor when he's had money, high expectations and perhaps interference in terms of who he signs? I don't like the bloke and I don't think he's a potential big club manager, but for a Stoke/QPR/Fulham size club with limited ambition and spending, I think he's alright as long as you ignore the absence of any charisma, personality, warmth or charm.

Money & expectations go hand in hand and I can't recall him having to deal with any interference at Man City or with us. The bloke just doesn't know how to buid a team, I'm not simply referring to his utterly random transfer dealings but more so the fact that he didn't know where to play people or what tactics/formations to use, he changed it every game & we had a totally unbalanced squad, he was clueless. When he's inherited a stable team/squad & been able to add a Nelsen/Samba/Dembele here & there he's been sucessful and I expect he will be with Stoke too. The bloke is a f'cking pr1ck though!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Relegation candidates on 15:45 - Jul 22 with 1494 viewsLoft1979

Relegation candidates on 15:23 - Jul 22 by facto

welcome to the premier league.....bar the usual top seven/eight all the rest are relegation candidates!

++1
Relegation candidates on 16:45 - Jul 22 with 1422 viewsQPR442

Hard to say.
Villa always seem to hang on when all is lost (hopefully it's their year to go).
Burnley simply won't be good enough.
Palace will struggle
west ham will struggle but do enough as usual
Hull will be fine.
Leicester cannot call.
Saints what a story from 4 England players to relegation?
Newcastle won't do as well without Remy goals
WBA don't look in good shape.
Sjoke sadly will have enough
QPR hard to say but we will be harder to beat than before just worried AGAIN about goals.
Relegation candidates on 18:23 - Jul 22 with 1361 viewsderbyhoop

Relegation candidates on 12:19 - Jul 22 by kensalriser

Here's who won't go down:

Man City
Chelsea
Arse
Man Utd
Spurs
Liverpool
Everton

Who will go down: any of the rest.

Sounds right to me.
I suspect Stoke and Newcastle should be good enough to avoid the drop but any of the rest could go.
Personal favourites, excluding us, Burnley, Villa, West Brom.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Relegation candidates on 18:25 - Jul 22 with 1307 viewsJonDoeman

Relegation candidates on 15:23 - Jul 22 by facto

And that's a factomundo!

It Is What It Is !!

Relegation candidates on 20:18 - Jul 22 with 1269 viewstimcocking

Not us now no fcuker will score against us!
Relegation candidates on 20:41 - Jul 22 with 1256 viewskensalriser

Relegation candidates on 14:54 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Dyer has gone to Watford hasn't he?

Yep.

But pick any prem quality players in their squad, or any you'd like us to sign? How about Konchesky or De Laet?

King and Nugent are good at Champ level but there's a reason they've been knocking around that level for years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Relegation candidates (n/t) on 20:45 - Jul 22 with 1250 viewskysersosaqpr

Relegation candidates on 12:10 - Jul 22 by paulparker

WBA- For me still have enough quality to stay up, obvious that they will get rid of Irvine if they get off to a bad start , not heard about Lescott why is he now looking to leave ??

Soton- selling all their best players and buying in from abroad, also don't rate Koeman and think he will either be sacked by xmas , can see them struggling

Villa - an owner looking to sell, no money for transfers, bad free transfers, players looking to leave, and Roy Keane waiting in the wings = disaster

Burnley - looks like they are doing a Blackpool and sticking to a budget , seems to me they wont be to heartbroken if they go down, 4 years parachute money

Leicester- don't rate Pearson and due to health reasons I can see them getting rid if they get off to a bad start, think they may just stay up though like Norwich did a few seasons back

Swansea- think they will have the same season they did last year, Sigurdsson is a good buy , all depends if they hang on to Bony

Hull - still may struggle, depends on injuries and playing on Sundays after being in the Europa League may effect them

Stoke - also think will be down there, no youngsters & an ageing squad , and the ego that is mark Hughes could all be factors

Sunderland, depends on who they buy, big rebuilding job needed, they have more deadwood to ship out than us

us- depends if we stay clear of injuries and what striker we get in to replace Remy
can see us being very hard to beat , HR looking to build from the back which is a good sign rather than keep buying players ala football manager , reckon we could finish around 15th/16th

West Ham & Newcastle will be ok , have bought well mid table for them

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Relegation candidates on 20:50 - Jul 22 with 1240 viewskysersosaqpr

Newcastle will struggle. They have no replacement for Remy (mind you we need one of those too). Think we will be tough at the back, but need loads more speed up front to catch people on the break while soaking up (we won't be overpowering teams this season, so on the counter probably most realistic).

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Relegation candidates on 07:03 - Jul 23 with 1154 viewsJonDoeman

Relegation candidates on 12:15 - Jul 22 by Konk

You're not going to want to hear this, but Stoke are a half decent teams these days and I think that after his blip at Rangers, Hughes is a decent manager.

He's a decent coach & he inherited a good group. It does seem like he's learnt some lessons in the transfer market...But the test of that will be when he tries to build his own defence, whether he buys two first choice keepers & a shit load of midfielders again!

It Is What It Is !!

Relegation candidates on 08:57 - Jul 23 with 1124 viewsElHoop

I think that it's more important to look at the board than the manager and players as they tend to be the weak link these days. Usually a team goes down because the board gets it wrong and then panics.

Burnley could be an exception to the rule if they don't have enough quality and get injuries, but their board will make the right calls. It's too easy to call Burnley anyway so I'll go for a bottom three ignoring Burnley completely.

West Brom seem to have the wrong sort of board so I think that they'll go. Leicester I'm not sure about. I don't really rate the manager. Hull will find it tough with Europe and a poor finish to last season although Wembley may have sidetracked them. Swansea seem to have the wrong sort of board. I'd say that the bottom three will come from those four plus Burnley. Ignoring Burnley I'll back Leicester to just about hold on and the bottom three will be Swansea, WBA and Hull.
Relegation candidates on 09:26 - Jul 23 with 1111 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm not sure why people are writing Burnley off completely.

Burnley's fit, motivated and together team would easily dispatch some of the poor bottom half teams from last season - Villa, WBA, Swansea etc all really limped into the end of the season and don't seem to have improved this summer.

Injuries/lack of squad depth may be a challenge, but the fact they have a younger team without a history of injuries will probably mitigate that too.
Relegation candidates on 09:53 - Jul 23 with 1101 viewsTacticalR

Relegation candidates on 08:57 - Jul 23 by ElHoop

I think that it's more important to look at the board than the manager and players as they tend to be the weak link these days. Usually a team goes down because the board gets it wrong and then panics.

Burnley could be an exception to the rule if they don't have enough quality and get injuries, but their board will make the right calls. It's too easy to call Burnley anyway so I'll go for a bottom three ignoring Burnley completely.

West Brom seem to have the wrong sort of board so I think that they'll go. Leicester I'm not sure about. I don't really rate the manager. Hull will find it tough with Europe and a poor finish to last season although Wembley may have sidetracked them. Swansea seem to have the wrong sort of board. I'd say that the bottom three will come from those four plus Burnley. Ignoring Burnley I'll back Leicester to just about hold on and the bottom three will be Swansea, WBA and Hull.

What do you mean about Swansea having 'the wrong sort of board'? This is the board that's taken them from the bottom of the football league to mid-table in the Premiership in ten years.

Air hostess clique

Relegation candidates on 10:20 - Jul 23 with 1082 viewsElHoop

Relegation candidates on 09:53 - Jul 23 by TacticalR

What do you mean about Swansea having 'the wrong sort of board'? This is the board that's taken them from the bottom of the football league to mid-table in the Premiership in ten years.

You could say the same about West Brom to some extent, but it's about now not 'then' and for me Swansea as a club have probably invested too much in a playing style which is becoming less and less effective and they blamed the manager in the shape of Laudrup when they should have reviewed the playing style.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024