Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation candidates 11:54 - Jul 22 with 7579 viewswhittocksRs

Besides ourselves, Leicester and Burnley, who else do you think are in the relegation mixer? League looks quite strong this year across the board.

I'll go with:

WBA — seems like they're trying to commit suicide appointing Irvine in charge, spending £10m on a Nigerian reserve forward and Lescott trying for a transfer away after a month with the club.

Swansea — similarly imploding by selling all their best players and not seemingly having anyone lined up to replace them.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:03]
Relegation candidates on 11:12 - Jul 23 with 1051 viewsKiwi76

Have just watched West Ham lose to our Aussie A league side - night after Newcastle hit Sydney 4-0. Phoenix well worth their win & few Hammers fans chanting Allardyce is shite through most of match. Can't see them turning on the style.
Hope Villa go having clung on past few seasons & agree on WBA.
Then it's promoted 3 & a surprise candidate
Relegation candidates on 13:03 - Jul 23 with 1020 viewswhittocksRs

Relegation candidates on 09:26 - Jul 23 by adhoc_qpr

I'm not sure why people are writing Burnley off completely.

Burnley's fit, motivated and together team would easily dispatch some of the poor bottom half teams from last season - Villa, WBA, Swansea etc all really limped into the end of the season and don't seem to have improved this summer.

Injuries/lack of squad depth may be a challenge, but the fact they have a younger team without a history of injuries will probably mitigate that too.

I certainly wouldn't write them off and I think they could establish themselves a la Swansea. However, they are due some bad luck on injuries and I'm not sure whether they have the depth to survive if that happens. An interesting one.
Relegation candidates on 15:32 - Jul 23 with 996 viewsTacticalR

Relegation candidates on 10:20 - Jul 23 by ElHoop

You could say the same about West Brom to some extent, but it's about now not 'then' and for me Swansea as a club have probably invested too much in a playing style which is becoming less and less effective and they blamed the manager in the shape of Laudrup when they should have reviewed the playing style.

You might be right, but at least the Swansea board have showed they know something about football, which is more than some boards I could mention.

Air hostess clique

Relegation candidates on 15:55 - Jul 23 with 971 viewsElHoop

Relegation candidates on 15:32 - Jul 23 by TacticalR

You might be right, but at least the Swansea board have showed they know something about football, which is more than some boards I could mention.

Well that's true enough, but a small club pretty much has to get it right all of the time, or at least get it right enough. There's not too much margin for error. You'd hope that we are in for a period of getting it right before we get it wrong again.
Relegation candidates on 16:51 - Jul 23 with 946 viewshoopdog

anybody outside the top 6=8 that's how tight I see it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024