Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation candidates 11:54 - Jul 22 with 7551 viewswhittocksRs

Besides ourselves, Leicester and Burnley, who else do you think are in the relegation mixer? League looks quite strong this year across the board.

I'll go with:

WBA — seems like they're trying to commit suicide appointing Irvine in charge, spending £10m on a Nigerian reserve forward and Lescott trying for a transfer away after a month with the club.

Swansea — similarly imploding by selling all their best players and not seemingly having anyone lined up to replace them.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:03]
Relegation candidates on 11:56 - Jul 22 with 4705 viewssimmo

It will be 3 from

QPR
Villa
WBA
Burnley

I think if Swansea keep Bony they will be fine, also think Leicester will survive. Who knows though, this WBA lad could smash 20 goals and keep them up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Relegation candidates on 11:58 - Jul 22 with 4693 viewswhittocksRs

Bony's agent is working over-time to get him a new club.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 11:58]
Relegation candidates on 11:59 - Jul 22 with 4680 viewsrsonist

Villa are absolutely rank. No money to do much about it now either. Lambert will probably scrape them through somehow.

Swansea should really be okay on paper but remains to be seen if Garry Monk has a clue what he's doing. Horrible run of form end of last season. Not sure any of the big sides will take the punt on Bony this year so him and Gomis should be handy, plus Sigurdsson now.

Hull and Palace definite candidates for second season syndrome.
Relegation candidates on 11:59 - Jul 22 with 4678 viewsLewes_r

Southampton could fall to peices

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Relegation candidates on 12:01 - Jul 22 with 4664 viewsMaggsinho

Relegation candidates on 11:59 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Villa are absolutely rank. No money to do much about it now either. Lambert will probably scrape them through somehow.

Swansea should really be okay on paper but remains to be seen if Garry Monk has a clue what he's doing. Horrible run of form end of last season. Not sure any of the big sides will take the punt on Bony this year so him and Gomis should be handy, plus Sigurdsson now.

Hull and Palace definite candidates for second season syndrome.

Hull have the distraction of the Europa League too.
Relegation candidates on 12:06 - Jul 22 with 4615 viewsMrSheen

I imagine Upton Park will turn toxic again some time this season.
Relegation candidates on 12:06 - Jul 22 with 4612 viewsKonk

There's quite a bit of dross in the PL, but Villa were pretty rank last year; even we somehow did the double over them. And Big Swiss Phil Senderos and Keiran Richardson are unlikely to help much if they're regular starters at the back.

With a lack of interest in the boardroom, unhappy locals and a poor squad, I'd be surprised if Villa are far from relegation.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Relegation candidates on 12:07 - Jul 22 with 4608 viewsHooparoo

Stoke going down would make my decade. Adios Hughes you tosser!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation candidates on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 4588 viewspaulparker

WBA- For me still have enough quality to stay up, obvious that they will get rid of Irvine if they get off to a bad start , not heard about Lescott why is he now looking to leave ??

Soton- selling all their best players and buying in from abroad, also don't rate Koeman and think he will either be sacked by xmas , can see them struggling

Villa - an owner looking to sell, no money for transfers, bad free transfers, players looking to leave, and Roy Keane waiting in the wings = disaster

Burnley - looks like they are doing a Blackpool and sticking to a budget , seems to me they wont be to heartbroken if they go down, 4 years parachute money

Leicester- don't rate Pearson and due to health reasons I can see them getting rid if they get off to a bad start, think they may just stay up though like Norwich did a few seasons back

Swansea- think they will have the same season they did last year, Sigurdsson is a good buy , all depends if they hang on to Bony

Hull - still may struggle, depends on injuries and playing on Sundays after being in the Europa League may effect them

Stoke - also think will be down there, no youngsters & an ageing squad , and the ego that is mark Hughes could all be factors

Sunderland, depends on who they buy, big rebuilding job needed, they have more deadwood to ship out than us

us- depends if we stay clear of injuries and what striker we get in to replace Remy
can see us being very hard to beat , HR looking to build from the back which is a good sign rather than keep buying players ala football manager , reckon we could finish around 15th/16th

West Ham & Newcastle will be ok , have bought well mid table for them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Relegation candidates on 12:15 - Jul 22 with 4572 viewsKonk

You're not going to want to hear this, but Stoke are a half decent teams these days and I think that after his blip at Rangers, Hughes is a decent manager.

Relegation candidates on 12:15 - Jul 22 with 4572 viewssaxbend

Three teams without a Q in their name please.

If things were true just because I really really wanted them to be then going down next summer would be Stoke Chelsea and Man United.

I think Hughes may well have a bad season now that he's working with more his own squad than Pulis's. Never know what might happen at Palace Hull or Swansea. I think Villa and West Brom will be close to us in the table. There just aren't any stand out crap teams as I can see at present. We'll get a clearer idea by October. I expect Burnley and Leicester to do well because the Premier League won't have paid much attention to them thus far. In our case it's different because they'll be much more familiar with most of our players. Of course that means we also have experience and I hope we can make it count.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 12:16]
Relegation candidates on 12:19 - Jul 22 with 4550 viewskensalriser

Here's who won't go down:

Man City
Chelsea
Arse
Man Utd
Spurs
Liverpool
Everton

Who will go down: any of the rest.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Relegation candidates on 12:21 - Jul 22 with 4536 viewsrosseeles

I think its a really strong league this year, its going to be hard.

Villa are a shoe in for me, i think palace may find things alot harder and also dont seem to be able to attract players (caulker seemingly, siggurdson and apparently campbell have all turned them down).

West brom could be down there and like someone else said Hull have the euro league which has tripped teams up before . West ham have spent some big money and newcastle are bringing in solid if unspectacular players so am sure they'll be safe
Relegation candidates on 12:29 - Jul 22 with 4479 viewswestberksr

Villa have been really lucky the past 2 years in the fact that there have been some right crap below them (i know, stating the bleeding obvious). but every year they are getting worse and this year is no different.

Palace? can't see Pulis working that miracle again and teams will be better prepared for them.

plenty of others that could get dragged into it including us of course. just hope we make a better start to have something to build upon.
Relegation candidates on 12:30 - Jul 22 with 4468 viewsloftboy

I think Hull have a half decent squad and despite the extra games should stay up, Villa, WBA and as an outside bet Southampton.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Relegation candidates on 12:56 - Jul 22 with 4364 viewsTacticalR

Relegation candidates on 12:15 - Jul 22 by Konk

You're not going to want to hear this, but Stoke are a half decent teams these days and I think that after his blip at Rangers, Hughes is a decent manager.

I didn't want to hear that.

Air hostess clique

Relegation candidates on 13:18 - Jul 22 with 4310 viewsTonto

I would be happy with 18th..

All the suspects have been named here already. Stoke, as Konk says, wont be one of them no matter how much we wish for it. God and justice have no interest in football, otherwise Hull and cardiff would not have been promoted the year we went down.

My 3 for the drop?

Burnley - seem to be setting themselves up as a yo yo club (no issue with that either)
Villa - chairman wants out, no money, too reliant on youth
Either us or Leicester - both of us will spend big, but I dont trust either team to buy the right players... although if Caulker does come in, we have done better so far.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Relegation candidates on 13:19 - Jul 22 with 4305 viewsloftus77

I can't think why people think Leicester will struggle. What more do they have to do? just think:

1. Promoted as champions with a massive 102 points
2. A decent young-ish manager
3. Wealthy owners going on the record to say they'll invest heavily
4. Big support
5. A new-ish stadium (Tony..take note), even though its a souless bowl.
6. A succession of promotion near-misses (play-offs) in recent years to get them close (unlike us in 2010-11 where we kind of came from nowhere)

If Carlsberg could do promotions, surely Leicester are it.

To answer the post: the big 7 (Man C, Man U, Scum, Spuds, Arsenal, Everton, Liv) are obviously safe, plus, IMHO, Southampton, Leicester and Newcastle safely in mid-table. That leaves us and 9 others fighting it out.
Relegation candidates on 13:22 - Jul 22 with 4294 viewsKonk

Relegation candidates on 12:56 - Jul 22 by TacticalR

I didn't want to hear that.

Whilst he's obviously a complete and utter helmet, I think he's actually a competent mid-table PL manager. I'm the teller of uncomfortable truths. A straight talker. The spade a spade caller, the say it as I see it man etc. The sort of person who says, "Stoke will finish in the top twelve next season...deal with it" (I say this with no idea as to who they're selling/buying or what anyone else is doing).

Relegation candidates on 13:22 - Jul 22 with 4294 viewsRanger78

It's going to be tough.

I expect West Brom and Villa to also struggle.

I'd also be very worried if I was a Southampton fan... Here is no way of knowing how things will pan out for them with all of the changes
Relegation candidates on 13:23 - Jul 22 with 4283 viewsMaggsinho

Relegation candidates on 13:19 - Jul 22 by loftus77

I can't think why people think Leicester will struggle. What more do they have to do? just think:

1. Promoted as champions with a massive 102 points
2. A decent young-ish manager
3. Wealthy owners going on the record to say they'll invest heavily
4. Big support
5. A new-ish stadium (Tony..take note), even though its a souless bowl.
6. A succession of promotion near-misses (play-offs) in recent years to get them close (unlike us in 2010-11 where we kind of came from nowhere)

If Carlsberg could do promotions, surely Leicester are it.

To answer the post: the big 7 (Man C, Man U, Scum, Spuds, Arsenal, Everton, Liv) are obviously safe, plus, IMHO, Southampton, Leicester and Newcastle safely in mid-table. That leaves us and 9 others fighting it out.

You could say much the same about Cardiff last season. I guess a lot of that was down to the behavior of their owner but equally I can see Leicester's owners getting a bit of an itchy trigger finger if they have a slow start.
Relegation candidates on 13:27 - Jul 22 with 4273 viewsrosseeles

It'll be tough for leicester, but they have a good squad. Not sure on the 8 mill they've just paid for Ulloa (rising to 10) though

Totally forgot Burnley too , dont see to much hope of them staying up, havent bought much in yet and cant see it being a big draw fo players to go there.
Relegation candidates on 13:28 - Jul 22 with 4265 viewsMedwayR

Hughes has been good when he's inherited a team (Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke) but poor when he's had to build a team (Man City, QPR).

I reckon Burnley, Villa, WBA, Leicester plus maybe Swansea & Sunderland could struggle, I think we'll just about be ok this season, maybe finish 14/15th.

Poll: Who’s better?

Relegation candidates on 13:29 - Jul 22 with 4261 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It pains me to say it but I agree.
Relegation candidates on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 4248 viewsKonk

Relegation candidates on 13:28 - Jul 22 by MedwayR

Hughes has been good when he's inherited a team (Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke) but poor when he's had to build a team (Man City, QPR).

I reckon Burnley, Villa, WBA, Leicester plus maybe Swansea & Sunderland could struggle, I think we'll just about be ok this season, maybe finish 14/15th.

Or you can maybe argue that Hughes has been poor when he's had money, high expectations and perhaps interference in terms of who he signs? I don't like the bloke and I don't think he's a potential big club manager, but for a Stoke/QPR/Fulham size club with limited ambition and spending, I think he's alright as long as you ignore the absence of any charisma, personality, warmth or charm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024