Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
troy deeney 20:09 - Jul 22 with 14511 viewsfacto

bid accepted!!!!
troy deeney on 22:16 - Jul 22 with 2701 viewsLoft1979

troy deeney on 21:51 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

GET IN!!

This man is a monster. He'll do it in the Prem. Been calling it for ages.

£8m is a hell of a lot and more than I thought we'd have to pay, but I don't think he'll be a failure.

The bloke is an animal. Very strong, good in the aid, enough pace. He'll cause a lot of problems.

Deeney and Austin, 3 at the back...sounds like we're setting up like Watford did 2 seasons ago under Zola.

Speaking of Zola , what is he up to?
troy deeney on 22:17 - Jul 22 with 2690 viewstimcocking

Christ, 8 mil for a Watford striker? Amazing how pricey footballers are nowadays. I'd rather have me and seven million. Or in fact, I'd rather have 8 million.
troy deeney on 22:20 - Jul 22 with 2663 viewswgchoop

Decent player but would have a slight worry that both him and Austin while I think could do it in prem haven't ,look at Norwich had 2 strikers in hooper and van winkel both no prem experience and Norwich struggled massively scoring goals last year.
So if deeney comes in I think another experienced striker is needed also .
troy deeney on 22:24 - Jul 22 with 2618 viewsCHUBBS

troy deeney on 22:20 - Jul 22 by wgchoop

Decent player but would have a slight worry that both him and Austin while I think could do it in prem haven't ,look at Norwich had 2 strikers in hooper and van winkel both no prem experience and Norwich struggled massively scoring goals last year.
So if deeney comes in I think another experienced striker is needed also .

Hull,Crystal Palace and Swansea recently have used non Premier League strikers when promoted and scored plenty.
Lack of experience of the league can work for you also if the players are young,fearless and ambitious.
troy deeney on 22:26 - Jul 22 with 2603 views08olesen

troy deeney on 22:07 - Jul 22 by CHUBBS

Stephie May would need to step up massively to become a decent Championship player.
Sigthorson looks decent on Youtube but is an unknown quantity and may take time to settle.
Ibarbo is a winger not a striker.
Deeney is a better option than them all.
He has the pace we're looking for,will have some sell on value having just turned 26,Lives locally so will settle quickly and will have no problem with the physical stresses of this league plus its a step up rather than down.
He will score goals in the Premier League.

Even though the SPL isnt great, to say its a step down from the championship is a bit of an exaggeration isnt it. Considering that may scored 27 goals last year at the age of 21 im sure he could do a job as a back up for Austin, and i would rather keep the other 5 million and buy Fer or put it towards Redmond or Holtby.

Poll: Who will the other play off

troy deeney on 22:27 - Jul 22 with 2587 viewsqpr1976

troy deeney on 22:17 - Jul 22 by timcocking

Christ, 8 mil for a Watford striker? Amazing how pricey footballers are nowadays. I'd rather have me and seven million. Or in fact, I'd rather have 8 million.

We did offer them Diakite in PartEx, but they said that would make it £9m !?!?!
troy deeney on 22:31 - Jul 22 with 2563 viewswgchoop

troy deeney on 22:24 - Jul 22 by CHUBBS

Hull,Crystal Palace and Swansea recently have used non Premier League strikers when promoted and scored plenty.
Lack of experience of the league can work for you also if the players are young,fearless and ambitious.

Yep agree it can work but hull brought in long and jelavich,palace brought in chamack and jerome so I think u need a balance, young hungry and fearless but have a bit of experience when things aren't going well.
troy deeney on 22:32 - Jul 22 with 2551 viewsCHUBBS

troy deeney on 22:26 - Jul 22 by 08olesen

Even though the SPL isnt great, to say its a step down from the championship is a bit of an exaggeration isnt it. Considering that may scored 27 goals last year at the age of 21 im sure he could do a job as a back up for Austin, and i would rather keep the other 5 million and buy Fer or put it towards Redmond or Holtby.

Its a dreadful league,only Celtic would have any chance of finishing in the top 6.
Some of the players in that division were league1/2 players in their primes yet are still playing up there.
Would certainly be impressed if we manage to secure the others on your list.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 22:34]
Login to get fewer ads

troy deeney on 02:21 - Jul 23 with 2167 viewsBrazilNutR

We have Zamora who ticks the proven in the Prem box...so can afford to have 2 non experienced ones.... isn't it?
troy deeney on 03:15 - Jul 23 with 2134 viewsbarbicanranger

Wasn't he sent down recently or do I have the wrong player?

Just thinking, is he the "right sort" that the club keep banging on aboot?
troy deeney on 05:55 - Jul 23 with 2066 viewsHantsR

troy deeney on 03:15 - Jul 23 by barbicanranger

Wasn't he sent down recently or do I have the wrong player?

Just thinking, is he the "right sort" that the club keep banging on aboot?

Oi, wake up at the back there - already covered in this thread!

His victim said he was a smashing bloke. He used to give his mother flowers and that. He was like a brother. He said he nailed his head to the floor but be fair, there was nothing else he could do as he had transgressed the unwritten law. He was a cruel man, but fair.

Born again Barton being set up as a mentor to use a combination of violence and sarcasm. JB knows all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire. No longer will he bite heads off whippets.
troy deeney on 06:17 - Jul 23 with 2038 viewsWatford_Ranger

"He'll stamp on your face, he'll stamp on your faaace, Troy Deeney, he'll stamp on your face"
troy deeney on 06:48 - Jul 23 with 2005 viewsJonDoeman

The price of championship strikers is well overinflated, another thing to blame Fulham for.

It Is What It Is !!

troy deeney on 07:11 - Jul 23 with 1963 viewsBillionR

Fox in the box and Scored some crackers last season from outside. Just what we need.
troy deeney on 07:12 - Jul 23 with 1960 viewsBillionR

Also a penalty taker so good to have some competition on that front
troy deeney on 07:38 - Jul 23 with 1866 viewsLblock

Straight from Fantasy Island?

Haven't seen this anywhere else

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

troy deeney on 07:56 - Jul 23 with 1814 viewseghamranger

Fantasy island rumour!!!!

It's not even in the Mail or Mirror.
troy deeney on 08:03 - Jul 23 with 1794 viewsDWQPR

troy deeney on 07:56 - Jul 23 by eghamranger

Exactly. Just check the name of the OP with a cretin on Fantasy Island who comes under the name of Factomundo, who for the last couple of years has been claiming that Gary Hooper was signing at any moment based on the fact that he buys sausage rolls in a bakers where his mum works somewhere in Essex.

Would be great if this board was quarantined against such idiots.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

troy deeney on 08:19 - Jul 23 with 1749 viewsJonDoeman

troy deeney on 07:56 - Jul 23 by eghamranger

QPR are also poised to step up interest in striker Troy Deeney from Watford

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2701746/Steven-Caulker-signs-Q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It Is What It Is !!

troy deeney on 08:34 - Jul 23 with 1691 viewsKonk

troy deeney on 06:48 - Jul 23 by JonDoeman

The price of championship strikers is well overinflated, another thing to blame Fulham for.

The word on the street — both in SW6 and in W. Yorks — is that McCormack was £7m. Still a lot of money if that’s true, but significantly less mental than £11m.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

troy deeney on 08:59 - Jul 23 with 1611 viewsjohnhoop

troy deeney on 06:17 - Jul 23 by Watford_Ranger

"He'll stamp on your face, he'll stamp on your faaace, Troy Deeney, he'll stamp on your face"

Surely the song for Deeney has to be "Ain't that a kick in the head".
troy deeney on 09:07 - Jul 23 with 1577 viewsJonDoeman

troy deeney on 08:34 - Jul 23 by Konk

The word on the street — both in SW6 and in W. Yorks — is that McCormack was £7m. Still a lot of money if that’s true, but significantly less mental than £11m.

He's a good signing & worth the money if his goals get you back up.

It Is What It Is !!

troy deeney on 09:33 - Jul 23 with 1481 viewsKonk

troy deeney on 09:07 - Jul 23 by JonDoeman

He's a good signing & worth the money if his goals get you back up.

Agreed. Personally I have no idea whether he’ll be any good for us, but the important thing is that I spend about twenty minutes watching him before deciding if he’s the best/worst player in the world. If he scores eight goals on his debut, I’m gonna call him Super Ross, sellotape a poster of him to my pillow case and get his name tattooed down my forearm in Arabic. Alternatively, if he doesn’t score 8 goals, I’m gonna start calling him Dross McCormack, and run down to the front of the stand every week during the warm-up to call him a fat, greedy, feet of sh it cu nt. So, he’s under a lot of pressure.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

troy deeney on 09:38 - Jul 23 with 1457 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can't say he seems like the 'right sort' given his record etc.

But from everything i've seen of him as a player, he looks like he'd be a great signing.

Quick, strong, prolific and i think he'd be absolutely motivated to prove himself at the prem level given he's spent so many years in the lower leagues.

I think he'd be a better bet than the Icelandic guy IF we can see that his recent behaviour has improved and he's not a budding Marlon King...
troy deeney on 09:41 - Jul 23 with 1434 viewskensalriser

As long as 20 minutes, Konk? You're a rank amateur. Here at QPR we don't need to see a player kick a ball to appraise him. Most times we can tell from his body language, or in some cases from his nationality. The real experts just need a misspelled name.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024