Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
troy deeney 20:09 - Jul 22 with 14508 viewsfacto

bid accepted!!!!
troy deeney on 09:43 - Jul 23 with 2462 viewssimmo

I appreciate he has the physical attributes, and his goalscoring record in the last 2 seasons in a poor team have been commendable, but I still think I would rather avoid him. I am not sure a move to QPR would be good for either of us and 8m+ for a player Watford paid 500k for from Walsall is ridiculous. I don't care if McCormack cost Fulham fck loads or Ulloa has been bought with crazy money from Brighton, we should have him as a target with a specific price in mind and if he surpasses that (which he clearly should) we should move to the next target on the list.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

troy deeney on 09:54 - Jul 23 with 2395 viewsdaveB

The kind of player I'd like to see us sign, a lot of money but has something to prove and will be coming here to better himself. Ticks the main boxes for me
troy deeney on 09:55 - Jul 23 with 2387 viewsballbag

troy deeney on 09:43 - Jul 23 by simmo

I appreciate he has the physical attributes, and his goalscoring record in the last 2 seasons in a poor team have been commendable, but I still think I would rather avoid him. I am not sure a move to QPR would be good for either of us and 8m+ for a player Watford paid 500k for from Walsall is ridiculous. I don't care if McCormack cost Fulham fck loads or Ulloa has been bought with crazy money from Brighton, we should have him as a target with a specific price in mind and if he surpasses that (which he clearly should) we should move to the next target on the list.

This.

£8.5m for Deeney?? Jesus wept.
troy deeney on 10:05 - Jul 23 with 2337 viewsKonk

troy deeney on 09:41 - Jul 23 by kensalriser

As long as 20 minutes, Konk? You're a rank amateur. Here at QPR we don't need to see a player kick a ball to appraise him. Most times we can tell from his body language, or in some cases from his nationality. The real experts just need a misspelled name.

It’s important to take a number of things into account when judging a new signing; he might be unfamiliar with his team mates, the team might not be playing to his strengths, he might be carrying an injury, he could be adjusting to life in a foreign country, living away from his family for the first time, he could be living in a Travelodge and sleeping badly because he hasn’t yet found the extra pillow at the top of the wardrobe. He might have joined a struggling side. He could be crippled by nerves. And of course, he might just be dog sh it. Either way, I think twenty minutes is plenty of time to form a judgement and decide whether you want to wan k a player off or slag him off instead.

PS. I'm optimistic by nature and like to see the good in people, so a successful five yard pass in a pre-season friendly and I'm predicting England caps and convinced that we've signed someone "a bit special". I then spend the next twenty years with my mates laughing at me because I got it very wrong.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 10:10]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

troy deeney on 10:19 - Jul 23 with 2255 viewspaulparker

Great Signing if we get him, would rather Deeney than the bloke Leicester have signed or Mcormack for that matter
he has pace, power, and is a good finisher , the perfect foil for Austin
if he scores 10-15 goals next year in the Prem he will be worth double what we have paid

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

troy deeney on 10:28 - Jul 23 with 2207 viewsDiscodroid

yep, would have loved mcormack but not at that price, troy seems exactly the player we should be in for.

anything over 6million seems a bit high to me, but if we can id love to see him here.

still in desperate need of a central midfield player to compliment ali/barton/grenaro.

and right full back/wing back cover imho

then i think id be happy with my lot.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 10:29]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

troy deeney on 10:34 - Jul 23 with 2197 viewsSomersetHoops

Deeney is the type of player we should be going for, but Fulham have set a stupid precedent with what they've paid for a championship striker. Anyway we need someone tough and strong who knows where the goal is, although Austin is good he has already shown himself to be a bit fragile and Deeney would be a good addition at the right price, providing he can behave himself. Judging the right price is difficult now normally I'd say 6 mil., but doubt he will go for less than 8 mil. and that might be too much.

Who's Next?

troy deeney on 10:34 - Jul 23 with 2193 viewspaulparker

troy deeney on 10:28 - Jul 23 by Discodroid

yep, would have loved mcormack but not at that price, troy seems exactly the player we should be in for.

anything over 6million seems a bit high to me, but if we can id love to see him here.

still in desperate need of a central midfield player to compliment ali/barton/grenaro.

and right full back/wing back cover imho

then i think id be happy with my lot.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 10:29]

Problem is Disco in todays market any Average to Good player in English Football is going to go for 6-8 million if they are under contract
the Gamble on our part is if he scores over 10 goals he will be worth double what we paid

now that Sigurdsson has gone to Swansea I would like us to try and get KI, and if we are looking to go with English players then how about test Villa with a bid for Fabian Delph
a midfield of Barton, Delph & KI would be great in a 3-5-2

agree we need cover at fullback Naughton would fit the bill as he can play right or Left

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

troy deeney on 10:41 - Jul 23 with 2162 viewsdaveB

shows you how QPR can't win at times, go for young, English who want to come here and improve and they are too expensive. Go for cheaper experience and we're an old peoples home.
troy deeney on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 2145 viewssimmo

Just an observation here, but if we are buying a striker to play with Austin in a 3-5-2, where does this leave our wingers? Specifically Matty Phillips who is a massive player for us with his pace/direct running and goals. He doesnt fit into a midfield centre 3 in that formation

troy deeney on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 2142 viewsloftboy

Has anyone actually seen any evidence that we have bid for him?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

troy deeney on 10:45 - Jul 23 with 2137 viewsessextaxiboy

troy deeney on 10:41 - Jul 23 by daveB

shows you how QPR can't win at times, go for young, English who want to come here and improve and they are too expensive. Go for cheaper experience and we're an old peoples home.

Its Harry that cant win .
troy deeney on 10:58 - Jul 23 with 2070 viewsdaveB

troy deeney on 10:44 - Jul 23 by simmo

Just an observation here, but if we are buying a striker to play with Austin in a 3-5-2, where does this leave our wingers? Specifically Matty Phillips who is a massive player for us with his pace/direct running and goals. He doesnt fit into a midfield centre 3 in that formation

They can be used as a plan b if we need to go 4-3-3- or 4-4-2. I also think Phillips could play as a wing back
troy deeney on 10:59 - Jul 23 with 2069 viewsnadera78

Phillips could quite comfortably play up front. In fact, I think he'd cause a lot of problems.
troy deeney on 11:08 - Jul 23 with 2025 viewsMedwayR

I've been wondering this, I suspect Hoilett & Phillips could be used as forwards but playing deeper, a kind-of link man. Phillips has played as a forward & I think Hoilett could suit the role. If we got 1 more striker we'd have 5 players to cover 2 positions.

How did the strikers line up last night, was it 2 traditionalCF's or one up top & one playing behind?

Poll: Who’s better?

troy deeney on 11:14 - Jul 23 with 1995 viewssimmo

troy deeney on 11:08 - Jul 23 by MedwayR

I've been wondering this, I suspect Hoilett & Phillips could be used as forwards but playing deeper, a kind-of link man. Phillips has played as a forward & I think Hoilett could suit the role. If we got 1 more striker we'd have 5 players to cover 2 positions.

How did the strikers line up last night, was it 2 traditionalCF's or one up top & one playing behind?

I wouldnt be reading too much into the way we played yesterday, it was the 1st pre season, although it is in line with the noises coming from Fernandes and Redknapp about wanting to play with 3 CB's.

I think Phillips and Hoilett could both play through the middle as a kind of 2nd striker, but that wouldnt happen if we sign another striker we are looking to start alonside Austin every game. It's not necessarily a bad problem to have, I would just expect a club like ours to have Phillips on the team sheet every week.

troy deeney on 11:50 - Jul 23 with 1891 viewsderbyhoop

troy deeney on 11:08 - Jul 23 by MedwayR

Who are these 2 strikers, oc which you speak.
Correct me if I'm wrong but we ONLY have 2 strikers. Charlie played first half and Zamora second.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

troy deeney on 11:55 - Jul 23 with 1867 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

troy deeney on 10:05 - Jul 23 by Konk

It’s important to take a number of things into account when judging a new signing; he might be unfamiliar with his team mates, the team might not be playing to his strengths, he might be carrying an injury, he could be adjusting to life in a foreign country, living away from his family for the first time, he could be living in a Travelodge and sleeping badly because he hasn’t yet found the extra pillow at the top of the wardrobe. He might have joined a struggling side. He could be crippled by nerves. And of course, he might just be dog sh it. Either way, I think twenty minutes is plenty of time to form a judgement and decide whether you want to wan k a player off or slag him off instead.

PS. I'm optimistic by nature and like to see the good in people, so a successful five yard pass in a pre-season friendly and I'm predicting England caps and convinced that we've signed someone "a bit special". I then spend the next twenty years with my mates laughing at me because I got it very wrong.

Bit harsh of your mates. Fulham fans only watch their players half the time because of away fixtures.
troy deeney on 14:28 - Jul 23 with 1530 viewsGloucs_R

By the way, we couldn't agree terms with the Icelandic guy. Not sure I saw thus posted by anyone else. He wanted silly money apparently.

Poll: Are we staying up?

troy deeney on 14:39 - Jul 23 with 1485 viewsadhoc_qpr

troy deeney on 14:28 - Jul 23 by Gloucs_R

By the way, we couldn't agree terms with the Icelandic guy. Not sure I saw thus posted by anyone else. He wanted silly money apparently.

Any source?

Good to know we are being sensible with wages anyway!

He may be a great player but we've all seen other strikers from the Erediviste flop in the prem, so it's always a gamble
troy deeney on 15:00 - Jul 23 with 1405 viewsrsonist

Just too costly in my view. No point making a stand and refusing to pay Sigthorsson's wage demands if we're only going to go and spend £4m more on a comparable player of lesser pedigree.

For 5m or so I would like to see us take a chance on Britt Assombalonga. Powerful, skilful, great record and only 21. Similar gamble to Deeney but seems to me a much better investment.
troy deeney on 15:01 - Jul 23 with 1397 viewsGloucs_R

troy deeney on 14:39 - Jul 23 by adhoc_qpr

Any source?

He may be a great player but we've all seen other strikers from the Erediviste flop in the prem, so it's always a gamble

Only one site and Harry made a comment about it. Can't copy and paste the link as I'm out at the moment.

troy deeney on 15:02 - Jul 23 with 1394 viewskensalriser

troy deeney on 10:05 - Jul 23 by Konk

Life's too short for that kind of faffing about. You need to be able to make snap judgements based on one fact (or assumed fact), eg Icelandic player - Helguson did well for us so he must be good, we'll have him; Spanish midfielder - Granero is a tart so this guy can do one; ex- Man Utd player over 30 - last we got was gash so this one will be too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

troy deeney on 15:09 - Jul 23 with 1352 viewsGloucs_R

troy deeney on 14:39 - Jul 23 by adhoc_qpr

Any source?

Its on west London sport now too.

troy deeney on 18:02 - Jul 23 with 1203 viewsWestbourneR

troy deeney on 10:59 - Jul 23 by nadera78

Phillips could quite comfortably play up front. In fact, I think he'd cause a lot of problems.

And you know this how? Because he's quite big and fast? Ever seen him play with his back to goal, seen his link up play? In fact have you ever seen him play up front at all?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024