Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer Bid Rejected 11:01 - Jul 23 with 9269 viewsdaveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/norwich-reject-bid-from-qpr-for-leroy-fer-foo
Fer Bid Rejected on 11:07 - Jul 23 with 3607 viewsDiscodroid

hopefully the doors been nudged ajar with that bid .

looking at one of their message boards the falmer palmers seem to think he is worth anything from 6 million to 20 mill??.

also linked to that piece and im sorry to be harsh, but gary oniel has no place at a premiership club.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 11:08]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:19 - Jul 23 with 3552 viewsJonDoeman

Pace & Power in the middle. Hope this one happens.

It Is What It Is !!

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:22 - Jul 23 with 3525 viewsgordanoR

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:07 - Jul 23 by Discodroid

hopefully the doors been nudged ajar with that bid .

looking at one of their message boards the falmer palmers seem to think he is worth anything from 6 million to 20 mill??.

also linked to that piece and im sorry to be harsh, but gary oniel has no place at a premiership club.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 11:08]

What's the point in playing O'Neil in the friendlies if we have no intention of offering him a contract?
Fer Bid Rejected on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 3510 viewssimmo

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:19 - Jul 23 by JonDoeman

Pace & Power in the middle. Hope this one happens.

Agreed. He would cost a lot but great foil for our current midfield. Height and power, a good all round midfielder.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:25 - Jul 23 with 3500 viewsHAYESBOY

What is he worth though?

£6m approx? More?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:27 - Jul 23 with 3473 viewsDiscodroid

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:22 - Jul 23 by gordanoR

What's the point in playing O'Neil in the friendlies if we have no intention of offering him a contract?

perhaps were just helping him out with fitness and training etc until he gets fixed with a new club.

im sure he could do a job in the championship for the next couple of years .

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:28 - Jul 23 with 3482 viewsdaveB

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:22 - Jul 23 by gordanoR

keeping him fit and helping him to get a new club as he did well for us last season.
Fer Bid Rejected on 11:31 - Jul 23 with 3462 viewssdm1508

I think we are actually seeing this time around that Redknapp has a clear plan. I think he realises we need to play 3 in midfield and that at least one of those need to be mobile, where Fer comes in. You then have Barton's leadership and organisation. I think also he realised that Austin can play as a loan striker but maybe not as well as he did in the championship. So he wants someone alongside him or close by.

So that means 3 at the back. Pace and power in Caulker and Onhua and then a ball playing centre back who can step out and also organise and read the game. I also wonder if Granero is going to be the creativity that plays slightly furthur forward this season or if Redknapp has someone else in mind for that. I think that role would suit Granero.

That just leaves the wing backs. Will he have Simpson as a defensive minded wing back or use it as an attacking option and have someone like Phillps playing there.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 11:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:35 - Jul 23 with 3427 viewsgordanoR

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:27 - Jul 23 by Discodroid

perhaps were just helping him out with fitness and training etc until he gets fixed with a new club.

im sure he could do a job in the championship for the next couple of years .

Fair enough, I'm just feeling a bit cnty and uncharitable today.
Fer Bid Rejected on 11:37 - Jul 23 with 3418 viewssimmo

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:31 - Jul 23 by sdm1508

I think we are actually seeing this time around that Redknapp has a clear plan. I think he realises we need to play 3 in midfield and that at least one of those need to be mobile, where Fer comes in. You then have Barton's leadership and organisation. I think also he realised that Austin can play as a loan striker but maybe not as well as he did in the championship. So he wants someone alongside him or close by.

So that means 3 at the back. Pace and power in Caulker and Onhua and then a ball playing centre back who can step out and also organise and read the game. I also wonder if Granero is going to be the creativity that plays slightly furthur forward this season or if Redknapp has someone else in mind for that. I think that role would suit Granero.

That just leaves the wing backs. Will he have Simpson as a defensive minded wing back or use it as an attacking option and have someone like Phillps playing there.

Agree with that, but I think wing backs HAVE to have an attacking remit if we're planning on getting anything out of Austin. If we deliver crosses into the right places, he will score, simple as that. If we are playing no wingers then it's fundemental we have wide options.

The system is ideal when implemented properly and it's nice to know we have a system and formation in place right from the off so we are bringing in players to do specifc jobs rather than just getting a group of players and then deciding what to do with them. Pleased with Redknapp and the board so far.

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:41 - Jul 23 with 3376 viewsDiscodroid

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:35 - Jul 23 by gordanoR

for shame mate, youd never catch me being like that on here..

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:43 - Jul 23 with 3373 viewsichbinnaughty

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:35 - Jul 23 by gordanoR

I choked on my coffee reading this.
An excellent post.
Fer Bid Rejected on 11:46 - Jul 23 with 3359 viewssdm1508

I think you need a mobile midfield so that if one of your wing back is caught up field the rest of the defence move over to cover and then one of the midfielders drops back to cover the missing player.

I wouldn't mind actually seeing Phillips playing off the two strikers. I rate Simpson as a rb but not sure about a wing back. Phillips has played both as a rb and rw. I just have a feeling Phillips might not get in the side at the moment
Fer Bid Rejected on 11:53 - Jul 23 with 3315 viewsgordanoR

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:43 - Jul 23 by ichbinnaughty

I choked on my coffee reading this.
An excellent post.

Thanks,

that's cheered me up a bit.
Fer Bid Rejected on 12:24 - Jul 23 with 3177 viewsrichpr

Fer Bid Rejected on 11:31 - Jul 23 by sdm1508

Will need a midfielder with stamina when playing with 10 men with JB being sent off at least 3 times next season. I rate JB as a player but he has lost a yard of pace and I cannot see him controlling himself with all the diving in the EPL. He is a marked man and I will be astounded if he can control his temper and if he doesn't get some straight reds for some late tackles. Looks like we are building a good squad - Granero could be good if he toughens up a bit. We definitely need a strong, attacking left back with pace. Also, a forward with pace (Ajax bloke or Deeney). All looking good.
Fer Bid Rejected on 12:34 - Jul 23 with 3112 viewsDANRANGER

I do like this rumour although we need to know what our maximum bid is and stick to it. However the player that stood out more for Holland was Wijnauldum and I haven't seen any rumours linking him away from PSV so would love us to make enquiries. Also rate De Guzman extremely highly and he's yet to sign for Swansea. 3 options there that would vastly improve our midfield.

from what we have I hope Granero gets a chance and takes it. Although a meaningless friendly last night he wanted the ball continuously and everything went through him. Even JB let him take free kicks!

As for options, Phillips/Simpson are good options at wing back depending on opposition and Barton could do a job there also. On the left though we only have Traore/ YSY as I'm not sure I'd trust Hoilett as a wing back unless we can really control games from midfield. Hoilett for me would compete to play through the middle behind Austin.

A few more signings of the Caulker standard and seasons looking positive.
Fer Bid Rejected on 12:46 - Jul 23 with 3046 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good to know we are actively pursuing Fer though, i can't see why we don't have a decent chance of getting him given he'll want to leave to keep his Holland spot and he won't be on big wages at Norwich either.

Also good news on not resigning O'Neil as he really isn't up to the prem these days!

Zamora you can make a case for (given our dearth of striker) and Traore and Green are probably first choice players, but giving O'Neil a new deal didn't make sense.
Fer Bid Rejected on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 3039 viewsTheBlob

Rejected again?Fer Fukks Sake.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fer Bid Rejected on 13:31 - Jul 23 with 2829 viewsQPunkR

Fer Bid Rejected on 12:24 - Jul 23 by richpr

Will need a midfielder with stamina when playing with 10 men with JB being sent off at least 3 times next season. I rate JB as a player but he has lost a yard of pace and I cannot see him controlling himself with all the diving in the EPL. He is a marked man and I will be astounded if he can control his temper and if he doesn't get some straight reds for some late tackles. Looks like we are building a good squad - Granero could be good if he toughens up a bit. We definitely need a strong, attacking left back with pace. Also, a forward with pace (Ajax bloke or Deeney). All looking good.

Hmmm, attacking left back with pace. Kind of like Armband Traore or Yun Suk-yun then, you mean?

QPR - "shit but local"

Fer Bid Rejected on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 2751 viewsdaveB

Traore himself says he doesn't like defending and Yun is unproven. If we are playing 3 at the back then Danny Rose from Spurs would be a good shout
Fer Bid Rejected on 13:54 - Jul 23 with 2692 viewsDANRANGER

Fer Bid Rejected on 13:44 - Jul 23 by daveB

Traore himself says he doesn't like defending and Yun is unproven. If we are playing 3 at the back then Danny Rose from Spurs would be a good shout

Still not sure on Rose and based on Spurs rates surely not at 6m+, would take him for 3m. Bertrand would be a good addition but again I heard 8m quoted whereas 3-4m is more realistic. These rates are set just to stop these lads playing and improving elsewhere, big clubs stock piling players. Ruining the English game.
Fer Bid Rejected on 14:27 - Jul 23 with 2583 viewssimmo

Fer Bid Rejected on 13:44 - Jul 23 by daveB

How long do you want Yun to be unproven before you sell him, dave?

Fer Bid Rejected on 14:41 - Jul 23 with 2529 viewsadhoc_qpr

Danny Rose comes with the English premium (as does Ryan Betrand), so no thanks!

Especially when we have 2 players who can do that role in Traore and Yun and plenty of other gaps in the squad to spend £8m and £40k a week on!
Fer Bid Rejected on 14:52 - Jul 23 with 2475 viewsrsonist

Rose is no better than what we have. Traore is in fact far more talented, if we can get him to show it on a consistent basis.

Not many midfield options of Fer's quality available at the moment, think we need to stop haggling and move fast before bigger clubs cotton on.

We definitely need more legs in the middle of the park to support the attack. One of Shelvey, Lansbury, Holtby would be great. Really surprised there hasn't been more interest in Jordon Mutch at Cardiff.
Fer Bid Rejected on 14:55 - Jul 23 with 2465 viewsdaveB

Fer Bid Rejected on 14:27 - Jul 23 by simmo

How long do you want Yun to be unproven before you sell him, dave?

Genuinely not seen enough of him to have much of an opinion on him, He looked good against Wigan in the semi final but wasn't that impressed in the World Cup although in fairness he was in a poor side. I hope he does well but wouldn't be surprised to see us try and get someone else in on the left.

I quite like Danny Rose but do agree he'll be well over priced
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024