Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Observations from last nights match 13:11 - Jul 23 with 1597 views08olesen

Forgive me for sounding pessimistic, but even though that was our first match there were some obvious issues with our play, but also some positives. Thought i would note some observations for anyone who didnt see it.

The Back 5 seemed to work well for the CBs and the likes of Traore, but didnt seem to help the midfield. Personally i thought Granero had a solid half, but there were points where he looked to pass and nobody moved for him. This may be a result of playing with a lesser team than Real, but i cant help but think that people will accuse him of being weak in midfield, but actually he only loses the ball when there is nobody available, which seems to be a lot of the time. In order for this system to work, we need to have a CAM who will move for Barton and Granero and find space. Some of the good points came when those two beat their man and then had open space to pass to Austin.

Another observation was that Karl Henry looked good. He is the exact sort of player we need, but just 5 years younger. He breaks up play well and retains possession. If we dont get someone like Fer in, he could have a crucial part to play this season, and im not a huge Karl Henry fan by the way.

Austin looked good as always, but you cant help but think that he would be an awful lot better with someone like Holtby behind him, and anyone else but SWP on the wings.

Overall it looked like a controlled display, but we need to strengthen the midfield, because if we had someone pressing Barton and Granero, i have a feeling it would have become a lot more scrappy than it was. Obviously it is just a pre season fixture and the overall aim is fitness, i just thought some who didnt see it may want to know how it went.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Observations from last nights match on 13:14 - Jul 23 with 1576 viewslondonscottish

Movement off the ball going forward?

Doesn't seem to come naturally to our squad, or didn't for much of last season, anyway.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Observations from last nights match on 13:14 - Jul 23 with 1571 viewsNorthernr

Ahhhh another classic LFW summer thread ticked off the list.
Observations from last nights match on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 1517 viewsrosseeles

i actually was alot more positive, to be honest it was just getting people out there and playing, 6 days into training im not sure what people expect

As for Granero i was pleased with him, he looked for the ball his passing was good and he put a good shift in (for 45mins)

I think i may have a bit of a thing for him now, probably due to the beard, so i may be biased
Observations from last nights match on 13:50 - Jul 23 with 1379 viewsDANRANGER

Observations from last nights match on 13:14 - Jul 23 by Northernr

Ahhhh another classic LFW summer thread ticked off the list.

You just knew it was coming but to be fair its a positive outlook. I enjoy being able to watch the games but you can't judge them at all. Good for the players to get used to a new formation and I was pleased to see a few youngsters I haven't seen before. From watching Doughty for 45 minutes am surprised he couldn't make our bench last year what with Maiga/Keane etc as options. Only a glimpse of him though so difficult to judge.
Observations from last nights match on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 1362 viewsrobith

I didn't watch last night cos it was the first game of pre season. As long as they all ran around a bit and no one died it was mission accomplished
Observations from last nights match on 13:58 - Jul 23 with 1334 viewsfacto

we got the bint in the cab home after.....job done!
Observations from last nights match on 14:05 - Jul 23 with 1310 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good to know we would be competitive in the Bundesliga 3!

Nothing much more we can glean from that, other than that Harry does indeed seem to be keen to play 3 at the back and wing backs.
Observations from last nights match on 14:31 - Jul 23 with 1178 viewsrunningman75

First match after summer holidays. Players running off extra pints of beer. Faurlin back. Am feeling very positive.
Login to get fewer ads

Observations from last nights match on 15:49 - Jul 23 with 1032 viewsenfieldargh

I think they are a bunch of over paid to55ers who couldn't even beat a crack East German steroid taking, stasi sponsored outfit behind the iron curtain.

Would like to see Mary Peters upfront with Daley Thompson and Desmond tutu supplying the crosses.

1-0 pah

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Observations from last nights match on 15:56 - Jul 23 with 1004 viewssmegma

Observations from last nights match on 15:49 - Jul 23 by enfieldargh

I think they are a bunch of over paid to55ers who couldn't even beat a crack East German steroid taking, stasi sponsored outfit behind the iron curtain.

Would like to see Mary Peters upfront with Daley Thompson and Desmond tutu supplying the crosses.

1-0 pah

What about FatiMAN Whitbread?
Observations from last nights match on 16:00 - Jul 23 with 986 viewsenfieldargh

sorry no lesbians

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Observations from last nights match on 20:09 - Jul 23 with 750 viewsGloryHunter

Any thoughts from anyone who was actually at the game? Bratwurst and pretzels any good? Anyone get laid?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024