Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium by 2018? 10:40 - Jul 24 with 6659 viewsNov77

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/qpr/qpr_chairman_tony_fernandes_con

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 3879 viewsMedwayR

Is it essential to purchase the Car Giant site for the new stadium?

From all the images I've seen the new stadium won't actually be on the same bit of land although obviously the wider development will be & I guess possibly works for the stadium may require the Car Giant land but does anyone actually know???

Poll: Who’s better?

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:11 - Jul 24 with 3860 viewsdanehoop

Now the cynical amongst us might just point to his u-turn on the training ground and say, "really?"
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 11:11]

Never knowingly understood

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:21 - Jul 24 with 3798 viewspaulparker

Believe it when I see it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:25 - Jul 24 with 3780 viewsqueensparker

There's not much substance there from TF other than blind confidence and "well I've overcome difficulties with airlines before".

2018 is four year's time. That's nothing. I have to say the Warren Farm U-Turn has dented my confidence in any other plans going forward.
New Stadium by 2018? on 11:43 - Jul 24 with 3721 viewsDWQPR

With the backing of the GLA and local council I suspect that if Car Giant start p1ssing around too much then as with some of the businesses in and around the Olympic Park compulsory purchase orders will come into play. Weighing up one business loss against many new businesses providing greater employment opportunities along with 20,000 odd badly needed new homes, and as TF says, affordable, along with community schemes and leisure facilities makes this a very likely proposition that will be completed. From what I understand Car Giant have started to reduce the number of cars held at their current site.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:43 - Jul 24 with 3721 viewsDoughnut

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:21 - Jul 24 by paulparker

Believe it when I see it

Same here!
New Stadium by 2018? on 11:52 - Jul 24 with 3688 viewsvblockranger

TF getting some abuse on twitter regarding Warren Farm and then as if by magic.....

24,000 new homes. I bet they hope to manufacture enough support to fill the 40k from the occupants of these new homes. Football stadium/entertainment venue on their doorstep and all that...
New Stadium by 2018? on 11:56 - Jul 24 with 3666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:43 - Jul 24 by DWQPR

With the backing of the GLA and local council I suspect that if Car Giant start p1ssing around too much then as with some of the businesses in and around the Olympic Park compulsory purchase orders will come into play. Weighing up one business loss against many new businesses providing greater employment opportunities along with 20,000 odd badly needed new homes, and as TF says, affordable, along with community schemes and leisure facilities makes this a very likely proposition that will be completed. From what I understand Car Giant have started to reduce the number of cars held at their current site.

Bought a car there on Monday, and the car parks were chocka.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:00 - Jul 24 with 3646 viewsnadera78

Affordable housing? Maybe a couple of dozen 'affordable' flats tucked away in the corner, next to an incineration plant. The rest will be top-dollar.
New Stadium by 2018? on 12:01 - Jul 24 with 3644 viewsKonk

Fair play to Uncle Tone — he’s not interested in making money out of this project — he just wants to house the needy. A modern day Peabody. St Tony of NW10 — patron saint of affordable housing.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:07 - Jul 24 with 3618 viewssmegma

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:21 - Jul 24 by paulparker

Believe it when I see it

I said that 6 months ago and was called a pessimist. I'm still waiting for the Loft roof to be extended to cover the lower seats we were promised about 20 years ago!!
New Stadium by 2018? on 12:11 - Jul 24 with 3594 viewsSpiritofGregory

New Stadium by 2018? on 11:52 - Jul 24 by vblockranger

TF getting some abuse on twitter regarding Warren Farm and then as if by magic.....

24,000 new homes. I bet they hope to manufacture enough support to fill the 40k from the occupants of these new homes. Football stadium/entertainment venue on their doorstep and all that...

A high percentage of those affordable homes will be Shared Ownership. Many affordable rented tenants are likely to be on benefits and that's no good to us as they won't be able to afford to pay for tickets to fill the stadium.
New Stadium by 2018? on 12:15 - Jul 24 with 3567 viewsKonk

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:11 - Jul 24 by SpiritofGregory

A high percentage of those affordable homes will be Shared Ownership. Many affordable rented tenants are likely to be on benefits and that's no good to us as they won't be able to afford to pay for tickets to fill the stadium.

If I was the cynical sort, I’d put my barely affordable flat on the absolute minimum number of affordable units permissible, actually being built if this plan comes to fruition.

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:16 - Jul 24 with 3561 viewsSpiritofGregory

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:01 - Jul 24 by Konk

Fair play to Uncle Tone — he’s not interested in making money out of this project — he just wants to house the needy. A modern day Peabody. St Tony of NW10 — patron saint of affordable housing.

Might be St Tone of W? I hear that the area will be renamed New Queens Park and there might be the creation of another West London Post Code.

Mark my words the majority of housing will be shared ownership as the hotels/business and QPR will want tenants who are working and have disposable income. They will have no problem in shifting those properties.
New Stadium by 2018? on 12:18 - Jul 24 with 3552 viewsQPunkR

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:00 - Jul 24 by nadera78

Affordable housing? Maybe a couple of dozen 'affordable' flats tucked away in the corner, next to an incineration plant. The rest will be top-dollar.

Aye, twas ever thus

QPR - "shit but local"

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 3508 viewstoboboly

I need a flat, I would go for affordable housing. If ST's are cheaper as well then I would take one up again.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:29 - Jul 24 with 3487 viewsRangersAreBack

I said everything I needed to say in the Warren Farm thread. If both projects come off then I'll be the first to doth my cap to TF. If it turns out to be nothing but hot air then he should step down as chairman.
New Stadium by 2018? on 12:31 - Jul 24 with 3479 viewsKonk

I like to think that if Jesus was alive today, he’d be looking to build the people a vast housing/retail/entertainment complex at Old Oak Common too.

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:37 - Jul 24 with 3449 viewswombat

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:29 - Jul 24 by RangersAreBack

I said everything I needed to say in the Warren Farm thread. If both projects come off then I'll be the first to doth my cap to TF. If it turns out to be nothing but hot air then he should step down as chairman.

not a bloody chance of a new stadium by 2018
plans haven't been submitted yet ?
compulsory purchase order on land
inquiry into land purchase ?

bad idea in the first place for a site

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 3435 viewsNov77

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:37 - Jul 24 by wombat

not a bloody chance of a new stadium by 2018
plans haven't been submitted yet ?
compulsory purchase order on land
inquiry into land purchase ?

bad idea in the first place for a site

"bad idea in the first place for a site"

agreed, if harlesden had an arsehole, it would be right where we propose our new home to be.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:46 - Jul 24 with 3409 viewsHolser

Being realistic i can't see us playing in a new stadium by the end of this decade.

80's F block

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:51 - Jul 24 with 3382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've never really wanted to move, but if I was then I'd consider Old Oak a great spot for a stadium. It's better than any alternative I've ever heard anyway.

Problem 1: Fernandes biggest problem, as with Warren Farm, is too much talk and too much unrealistic rhetoric. If Fernendes had said fom the off that it would take 8-10 years, he or the club wouldn't have to face this unneccesary grief at thuis stage.

Problem 2: Nothing to measure the talk against. This is more chat and more PR in a vacuum where no action is being seen to happen.

The owners have put a lot of planning work into both the ground and the training ground, but for their own sake they should have given themselves more time. If they're not yet ready to point to anything then they shouldn't talk about it either.

In life, love, sport and business people get tired of promises and poetry. Action is everything.

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:52 - Jul 24 with 3378 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:46 - Jul 24 by Holser

Being realistic i can't see us playing in a new stadium by the end of this decade.

I agree.

New Stadium by 2018? on 13:22 - Jul 24 with 3299 viewssaxbend

Better to aim for 2018 and deliver in 2022 than to umm and ahh. It's not for a world cup, so being ready when it's ready is good enough.
New Stadium by 2018? on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 3253 viewsCroydonCaptJack

New Stadium by 2018? on 12:15 - Jul 24 by Konk

If I was the cynical sort, I’d put my barely affordable flat on the absolute minimum number of affordable units permissible, actually being built if this plan comes to fruition.

Every developer does that Konk. The value is in the private units and the social units are a necessary evil.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024