Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being healthy for the summer 12:14 - Jul 24 with 1680 viewssimmo

ANybody else thinking of taking up running?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Being healthy for the summer on 12:17 - Jul 24 with 1670 viewsKonk

Bad for your knees. Get on your bike.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Being healthy for the summer on 12:25 - Jul 24 with 1653 viewsloftboy

Had to watch it several times just to ensure I fully understood it!!!!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Being healthy for the summer on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 1628 viewsfacto

keeping fit n healthy is for losers!
Being healthy for the summer on 12:41 - Jul 24 with 1602 viewsizlingtonhoop

Being healthy for the summer on 12:32 - Jul 24 by facto

keeping fit n healthy is for losers!

In contrast to slathering over weathergirls and other sundry females in the public eye?

I'm with Konk on this one. Running is for losers ( if knee cartilage), two wheels good. And walking, just this minute returned from a glorious 3 generation family walk out here in the lovely Berkshire Hampshire borders.
Being healthy for the summer on 12:47 - Jul 24 with 1583 viewsDaBurgh

... and one for the ladies...

Being healthy for the summer on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 1547 viewsfacto

Being healthy for the summer on 12:41 - Jul 24 by izlingtonhoop

In contrast to slathering over weathergirls and other sundry females in the public eye?

I'm with Konk on this one. Running is for losers ( if knee cartilage), two wheels good. And walking, just this minute returned from a glorious 3 generation family walk out here in the lovely Berkshire Hampshire borders.

im besides myself with envy!
Being healthy for the summer on 13:43 - Jul 24 with 1493 viewsKonk

Being healthy for the summer on 12:41 - Jul 24 by izlingtonhoop

I love walking in cities or the countryside.

One of my favourite ever weeks was walking with mates in the Shropshire Hills. Beautiful part of the world, some great pubs/ale and lovely pub grub. Blessed with perfect weather too. Peace and quiet, lovely scenery, no-aggression and top company. Happy days.

Being healthy for the summer on 14:00 - Jul 24 with 1453 viewsJAPRANGERS

healthy huh?? I've been doing amateur boxing for 100 years and running for longer. Explains why my body and brain have gone then??
Login to get fewer ads

Being healthy for the summer on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 1381 viewsfacto

Being healthy for the summer on 13:43 - Jul 24 by Konk

One of my favourite ever weeks was walking with mates in the Shropshire Hills. Beautiful part of the world, some great pubs/ale and lovely pub grub. Blessed with perfect weather too. Peace and quiet, lovely scenery, no-aggression and top company. Happy days.

yet you cant walk to away games in the locality!
Being healthy for the summer on 14:39 - Jul 24 with 1362 viewsKonk

Being healthy for the summer on 14:30 - Jul 24 by facto

yet you cant walk to away games in the locality!

I walk from Hammersmith to LR and Hammersmith to the Bridge when we play there. Other than that, knockout gag.

Being healthy for the summer on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 1332 viewsTonto

I believe you should also be healthy in the winter. All this binge fitness in the summer is not good for you.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Being healthy for the summer on 15:01 - Jul 24 with 1313 viewsgordanoR

For a 40 year old man I look good from the belly up. It's the belly that won't go, must be the beer & I'm not giving that up.
Being healthy for the summer on 15:05 - Jul 24 with 1309 viewsizlingtonhoop

Being healthy for the summer on 13:43 - Jul 24 by Konk

Walking is great. I've mentioned before on this site I was booked to do the London to Brighton Challenge for GOSH on May 24th, sadly something else got in the way, and had to cancel. But I intend to do it next year. Walked to quite a few home matches last season - minimum 7 miles, max i did about 12 depending on route, as part of training, often ending at Cookes. Then the pub, oh dear.
Walking around this great city certainly helps one fall back in love with it, loads of stuff and places you'd forgotten or never knew. And surprisingly peaceful bits.
I'll probably walk to the Emirates on Boxing Day.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 15:06]
Being healthy for the summer on 15:12 - Jul 24 with 1290 viewssimmo

Right, just to be clear. This thread was not really about fitness. It was about tits. Slow motion, bouncing tits.

Not sure if you all got that from the video.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Being healthy for the summer on 15:14 - Jul 24 with 1286 viewsKonk

Being healthy for the summer on 15:05 - Jul 24 by izlingtonhoop

Walking is great. I've mentioned before on this site I was booked to do the London to Brighton Challenge for GOSH on May 24th, sadly something else got in the way, and had to cancel. But I intend to do it next year. Walked to quite a few home matches last season - minimum 7 miles, max i did about 12 depending on route, as part of training, often ending at Cookes. Then the pub, oh dear.
Walking around this great city certainly helps one fall back in love with it, loads of stuff and places you'd forgotten or never knew. And surprisingly peaceful bits.
I'll probably walk to the Emirates on Boxing Day.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 15:06]

I generally cycle or walk everywhere unless I’m in a rush and it’s gonna take me longer than an hour-or-so to walk. I’d much sooner spend an hour walking across to the West End after work than spend ten minutes on a sweaty tube or bus. As you say, you find some lovely streets/squares/pubs just following your nose and having a mooch about. If I got the tube everywhere, I think I’d have left London a long time ago.

Being healthy for the summer on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 1276 viewsloftboy

Being healthy for the summer on 15:12 - Jul 24 by simmo

Right, just to be clear. This thread was not really about fitness. It was about tits. Slow motion, bouncing tits.

I did

Being healthy for the summer on 15:26 - Jul 24 with 1251 viewsMrSheen

Being healthy for the summer on 15:14 - Jul 24 by Konk

I generally cycle or walk everywhere unless I’m in a rush and it’s gonna take me longer than an hour-or-so to walk. I’d much sooner spend an hour walking across to the West End after work than spend ten minutes on a sweaty tube or bus. As you say, you find some lovely streets/squares/pubs just following your nose and having a mooch about. If I got the tube everywhere, I think I’d have left London a long time ago.

I've given up on the tube, too crowded and stressful. Unless it's raining heavily, I walk between Waterloo and the office, forty minutes each way. It hasn't done anything for my fitness that I've noticed, but it gives a minor sense of achievement each time I do it, and I get through loads of podcasts.

I can't cycle regularly, it hurts my knees much more than running does (sorry BlackCrowe). I've also taken up boxing at the age of 49. Dreading it tonight in a stuffy sweaty gym in Shadwell, but the elation of survival afterwards makes the suffering worthwhile.
Being healthy for the summer on 15:43 - Jul 24 with 1221 viewsfacto

never understood the fascination with all this keep fit malarky....didnt do bruce lee any good and how many snuff it each year as a result of the london marathon...../should be banned as massive strain on the nhs injuries caused at the gym n suchlike!
Being healthy for the summer on 18:14 - Jul 24 with 1133 viewsloftboy

Being healthy for the summer on 15:43 - Jul 24 by facto

never understood the fascination with all this keep fit malarky....didnt do bruce lee any good and how many snuff it each year as a result of the london marathon...../should be banned as massive strain on the nhs injuries caused at the gym n suchlike!

Went to my drs at Easter to find my weight had escalated to 150kilos ( about 24 stone) was told to lose weight or be dead within 10 years, totall changed my diet, haven't had chocolate, cake or crisps for months, replaced bread with cardboard (ryvitas) have low or zero fat everything, last month I joined my local gym where they put me on the new Milon programme ( Google it) do it 3 times a week plus swimming a couple of times, went back to the drs last week and I have lost 14 kilos,(just over 2 stone) still a long way to go but I already sleep better, no longer use my inhaler and have masses more energy, eat loads of fruit as well and drink water instead of fizz.

Being healthy for the summer on 18:21 - Jul 24 with 1121 viewsTonto

Being healthy for the summer on 15:12 - Jul 24 by simmo

You never know where a thread will go...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Being healthy for the summer on 22:24 - Jul 24 with 1012 viewsGloryHunter

I remember the late, great Frank Muir taking part in a radio discussion on this very topic.
Q."How do you keep fit, Frank?"
A. "By visiting joggers in hospital".
Being healthy for the summer on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 1005 viewssmegma

Cheapest way to lose weight is to take a wheelbarrow full of sulphate. Much cheaper than weight f@cking watchers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024