Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back.... 18:37 - Jul 25 with 3379 viewsflynnbo

....from the club shop and had a brief chat with Tony and Phillip Beard. Said nothing imminent about transfers but are looking for a forward and a midfielder. Dismissed the Uruguayan story. Oh, and had to have photo taken with my lad.
Just back.... on 18:51 - Jul 25 with 3285 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What was the Uruguayan story

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Just back.... on 18:53 - Jul 25 with 3266 viewsTacticalR

What happens in Uruguay stays in Uruguay.

Air hostess clique

Just back.... on 19:07 - Jul 25 with 3179 viewsflynnbo

You'll have to watch Monte's video!
Just back.... on 19:12 - Jul 25 with 3146 viewseghamranger

Lost me!!!

Are you a sports journalist for the mirror by any chance?
Just back.... on 19:19 - Jul 25 with 3114 viewsflynnbo

There was a story that we are interested in a 17 year-old Uruguayan but Tony Fernandes rubbished it-well, even if it were true he wasn't going to tell little old humble me.
Just back.... on 20:07 - Jul 25 with 2913 viewsStanisgod

All I know is if we don't get two more quality strikers in we'll struggle, whoever plays at the back. Easier said than done I know.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just back.... on 22:26 - Jul 25 with 2565 viewstimcocking

Club shop? I hope you weren't buying a shirt?
Just back.... on 23:42 - Jul 25 with 2397 views08olesen

Just back.... on 20:07 - Jul 25 by Stanisgod

All I know is if we don't get two more quality strikers in we'll struggle, whoever plays at the back. Easier said than done I know.

Agreed i find it odd that the first thing we spend money is the defense, of course it needs strengthening but personally i would rather we had spent the 8.5 million getting a 20 goal a year man instead of Caulker. He is still a good buy dont get me wrong... but its a position we are well stocked in and Charlie cant carry this team this year, so i would rather we tried to get someone like Hernandez for 8.5 mill instead.

Not complaining mind, just want to see some strikers signing before pre season ends so they practice playing with our current players before Hull.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

Just back.... on 11:33 - Jul 26 with 2022 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back.... on 23:42 - Jul 25 by 08olesen

Agreed i find it odd that the first thing we spend money is the defense, of course it needs strengthening but personally i would rather we had spent the 8.5 million getting a 20 goal a year man instead of Caulker. He is still a good buy dont get me wrong... but its a position we are well stocked in and Charlie cant carry this team this year, so i would rather we tried to get someone like Hernandez for 8.5 mill instead.

Not complaining mind, just want to see some strikers signing before pre season ends so they practice playing with our current players before Hull.

8m for a 20 goal a year man? Unlikely. Our defence is dreadful and desperatelt needed bolstering and the club was absolutely right to sort that first.

Bare bones.

Just back.... on 11:45 - Jul 26 with 1989 viewsCFW

Just back.... on 11:33 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

8m for a 20 goal a year man? Unlikely. Our defence is dreadful and desperatelt needed bolstering and the club was absolutely right to sort that first.

Totally agree - we are going up a big step and we need to ensure our defence is much tighter than last season. We only kept clean sheets because some of the opposition was piss poor.
Just back.... on 12:20 - Jul 26 with 1919 viewsganjR

I think we kept the most clean sheets in the league (championship) didn't we?
The reason for this, apart from Green performing heroics sometimes is the fact that we had a very experienced back line.
As Hill and Dunne aren't the quickest, we had our midfield sit deeper to protect them.
We can't do that with Dunne and Hill this year, so the likes of Rio, Caulker and Ned (as well as Hill/Dunne and I hope, Ehmer) will potentially allow us to be more offensive, without being cavalier.
It's good that we've got the defence sorted, but to say that's all we've concentrated on isn't true IMO.
If (reported) moves for Bryson and Sigthorsson had come off, then we may have signed an AM and CF first.
Just back.... on 12:23 - Jul 26 with 1907 viewsWadR

Last season only Toure, Sturridge and Suarez scored more than 20 goals. The season before that only RVP, Suarez and Bale. The chances of QPR ever having a 20 goals a season player in the Prem are slim to nil. Austin will do well to get 10 goals, which is by no means a criticism of him.

I think a good defence is key, and whilst we undoubtedly need a striker or 2, we already had a good striker who will score some goals. Our defence prior to the Rio and Caulker signings would've really struggled.
Just back.... on 22:54 - Jul 26 with 1623 viewsDylanP

Just back.... on 11:33 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

To say our defense is dreadful is a massive exaggeration. Our defense was the reason we were promoted. We conceded the least goals in the division and had a record number of clean sheets. To say our defense needed strengthening is reasonable. But it was the best part of the team last year. So if the defense was dreadful, what does that say about the rest of the team?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Just back.... on 04:21 - Jul 27 with 1513 viewsPommyhoop

Just back.... on 22:54 - Jul 26 by DylanP

To say our defense is dreadful is a massive exaggeration. Our defense was the reason we were promoted. We conceded the least goals in the division and had a record number of clean sheets. To say our defense needed strengthening is reasonable. But it was the best part of the team last year. So if the defense was dreadful, what does that say about the rest of the team?

We would've definately struggled if we had not bothered strngthening our defence.
Unfortunately there's not a lot of prem sides who just pump high balls in for Dunne to head out like Derby did at Wembley..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just back.... on 10:24 - Jul 27 with 1359 viewsTW_R

Just back.... on 23:42 - Jul 25 by 08olesen

So which one of Suarez, Sturridge or Toure do you suggest we should sign?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024