Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cookes pie and mash 21:53 - Jul 25 with 2526 viewsHayesender

Have agreed in principle to sell up.

The end of an era in the name of progress.

Well bollox to progress

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cookes pie and mash on 21:54 - Jul 25 with 2521 viewsBrightonhoop

Terrible.
Cookes pie and mash on 22:21 - Jul 25 with 2441 viewshoopstilidie

After all that "fighting" against the developer it turns out they were just haggling over the price.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Cookes pie and mash on 22:27 - Jul 25 with 2429 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Shame.

Cockney's Pie and mash in Portobello road is good.

She said they nearly went out of business when the congestion charge was extended but it was ok after it was repealed.

Any extra business welcome I'm sure.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cookes pie and mash on 22:58 - Jul 25 with 2368 viewsLowerloftLad

If this true I'm heartbroken when will it close :( I just got my girlfriend into going as well it lovely beats the rubbish chip shop would you like hair and bolts with that

Have to wait for west ham away now nice pie and mash shop there
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 22:59]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Cookes pie and mash on 23:25 - Jul 25 with 2307 viewswombat

Cookes pie and mash on 22:58 - Jul 25 by LowerloftLad

If this true I'm heartbroken when will it close :( I just got my girlfriend into going as well it lovely beats the rubbish chip shop would you like hair and bolts with that

Have to wait for west ham away now nice pie and mash shop there
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 22:59]

That's part of my pre match buggered up then , any idea when the fateful day is happening ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cookes pie and mash on 23:27 - Jul 25 with 2297 viewsnadera78

Cookes pie and mash on 22:21 - Jul 25 by hoopstilidie

After all that "fighting" against the developer it turns out they were just haggling over the price.

You're an idiot. The Council initiated a CPO, meaning there was very little choice but to accept.
Cookes pie and mash on 04:52 - Jul 26 with 2157 viewsCanadaRanger

Any chance of them doing something at QPR on game days? Concession?
Cookes pie and mash on 10:25 - Jul 26 with 1948 viewsDiscodroid

another bit of our childhood dies gentlemen, i remember my grandad red ted taking me as a nipper many times to the one in east ham high street and green street, both now sadly gone.

still pop into one in walton on the naze whenever i go down to see mum in frinton on sea.

oh well the cleansing of the old east end continues apace.. , perhaps i'll get to see pearly king and queens hung on a meat hook for war crimes in my lifetime.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

Cookes pie and mash on 10:38 - Jul 26 with 1931 viewsDiscodroid

i was just thinking about the nostalgia of these places, for our mums and dads, and some of us it was our version of the burger bar/drive through/dinner of evocative teenage fifties america.

bollocks.

i realise this thread does not transcend to any one living north of watford.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Cookes pie and mash on 10:45 - Jul 26 with 1914 viewsizlingtonhoop

Cookes pie and mash on 10:25 - Jul 26 by Discodroid

another bit of our childhood dies gentlemen, i remember my grandad red ted taking me as a nipper many times to the one in east ham high street and green street, both now sadly gone.

still pop into one in walton on the naze whenever i go down to see mum in frinton on sea.

oh well the cleansing of the old east end continues apace.. , perhaps i'll get to see pearly king and queens hung on a meat hook for war crimes in my lifetime.

Stan: And gentlewomen
Cookes pie and mash on 11:03 - Jul 26 with 1889 viewsDiscodroid

Cookes pie and mash on 10:45 - Jul 26 by izlingtonhoop

Stan: And gentlewomen

do you know what mate, i can still picture the old girls taking their teeth out eating jellied eels on the steps of their houses in east ham , in the steaming summer of 76.spitting the grit into buckets. i was only eight but it still haunts me.!

and we call this progress....for shame....
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 11:12]

Cookes pie and mash on 11:05 - Jul 26 with 1881 viewshoopstilidie

Cookes pie and mash on 23:27 - Jul 25 by nadera78

You're an idiot. The Council initiated a CPO, meaning there was very little choice but to accept.

"We are pleased to announce that we have today agreed mutually acceptable terms to sell 'A Cooke's to Orion Shepherds Bush Limited, the developer leading the regeneration of the Shepherds Bush Market "

Yeah they're properly gutted aren't they?

CPOs are for buildings, not businesses.

Idiot.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 11:22]

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Cookes pie and mash on 11:20 - Jul 26 with 1855 viewsDiscodroid

think the worst pie ever tasted was a scotch pie, a gala pies nice though!

apologies for such a boring post!

Cookes pie and mash on 11:58 - Jul 26 with 1809 viewsizlingtonhoop

Cookes pie and mash on 11:20 - Jul 26 by Discodroid

think the worst pie ever tasted was a scotch pie, a gala pies nice though!

apologies for such a boring post!

Can't whack a gala pie.

I once ate a tesco value scotch egg, how bad can it be? The most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. Fortunately did not put me off the pork encased snacks.

Last time I was in Cooke's the sight of a uni-toothed bearded woman spitting eel bones decided for me that it was time for us to leave.

For anyone's information Manze's in Chapel Market is pretty good these days. I used to prefer Clark's in Exmouth Market, haven't been in for a fair while, might give it a go in the week, I'll let you all know how it is.

Hmmm, just looked it up. "Now closed"
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 12:52]
Cookes pie and mash on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 1741 viewsDWQPR

Goddards in Greenwich Market is excellent and I've heard good things about Peter's Pies just down from Shadwell DLR station. Alternatively do what my Mum does, make you own, complete with liquor! Yum!!!!!!!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cookes pie and mash on 12:52 - Jul 26 with 1733 viewsDiscodroid

Cookes pie and mash on 11:58 - Jul 26 by izlingtonhoop

Can't whack a gala pie.

I once ate a tesco value scotch egg, how bad can it be? The most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. Fortunately did not put me off the pork encased snacks.

Last time I was in Cooke's the sight of a uni-toothed bearded woman spitting eel bones decided for me that it was time for us to leave.

For anyone's information Manze's in Chapel Market is pretty good these days. I used to prefer Clark's in Exmouth Market, haven't been in for a fair while, might give it a go in the week, I'll let you all know how it is.

Hmmm, just looked it up. "Now closed"
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 12:52]

could it be the middle east and the ukraine are missing a trick here, surely a delegation consisting of gala /scotch pies can unify the world .

if only people listened to us izlington , i mean really listened..the world would be a better place

we are the world.

Cookes pie and mash on 13:21 - Jul 26 with 1698 viewsted_hendrix

If we're gonna discuss pies then the meat & potato pies sold by a vendor just outside the away end at Blackburn Rovers are utterly awesome, from top to bottom of the pie and a full 360 degrees the bloody things are full and jamb packed with gristle less meat and proper spuds, none of this dribbly gravy nonsense.

If you want a pie for you're pudding though then you really have to travel to Arizona, one thing the Yanks can do right is make pies in the pudding category.

I know my pies and I hereby challenge anybody to a pie argument.

Anyway RIP to Cookes Pie & Mash.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cookes pie and mash on 13:40 - Jul 26 with 1662 viewsDWQPR

Cookes pie and mash on 13:21 - Jul 26 by ted_hendrix

If we're gonna discuss pies then the meat & potato pies sold by a vendor just outside the away end at Blackburn Rovers are utterly awesome, from top to bottom of the pie and a full 360 degrees the bloody things are full and jamb packed with gristle less meat and proper spuds, none of this dribbly gravy nonsense.

If you want a pie for you're pudding though then you really have to travel to Arizona, one thing the Yanks can do right is make pies in the pudding category.

It was what they called their Premier Pie, and agree as a pie it was fantastic, however, on my last visit to Ewood, when we lost 3-2 they had been taken off the menu which made a miserable day even more miserable.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cookes pie and mash on 14:05 - Jul 26 with 1615 viewsDiscodroid

am i descending even further into madness ?, did not quadrophenia have a pie and mash scene?

Cookes pie and mash on 14:24 - Jul 26 with 1583 viewsizlingtonhoop

Cookes pie and mash on 14:05 - Jul 26 by Discodroid

am i descending even further into madness ?, did not quadrophenia have a pie and mash scene?

One cafe scene was famously shot in Alfredo's, not 200 yards from where I type. Now an expensive meat restaurant.

Steve Jones and his swelling head:

Cookes pie and mash on 14:28 - Jul 26 with 1579 viewsMichael_Hunt

Cookes pie and mash on 14:05 - Jul 26 by Discodroid

No; not madness; I was there the day it was being filmed.

I first went there as a baby in a pram and my mum bottle fed me liquer!

The only time the place had a makeover was after the film company stumped up. If you watch the film you'll see how it used to look.

Always remember the R Whites bottles with a slit cut in the top for the vinegar and what I thought until I was in my teens was dead goldfish floating in them!
Cookes pie and mash on 14:31 - Jul 26 with 1569 viewsDiscodroid

Cookes pie and mash on 14:28 - Jul 26 by Michael_Hunt

No; not madness; I was there the day it was being filmed.

I first went there as a baby in a pram and my mum bottle fed me liquer!

The only time the place had a makeover was after the film company stumped up. If you watch the film you'll see how it used to look.

Always remember the R Whites bottles with a slit cut in the top for the vinegar and what I thought until I was in my teens was dead goldfish floating in them!

^^above two postings

amazing stuff you get on this board sometimes!!

Cookes pie and mash on 17:41 - Jul 26 with 1425 viewsHayesender

First time I ever tasted the delights of meat and potatoe pie with chips and gravy was in Blackburn.

Have gravy with my chips whenever I can now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cookes pie and mash on 17:45 - Jul 26 with 1415 viewsloftboy

Maine rd used to sell pies like that as well

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024