Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to finish below us next year? 00:43 - Jul 27 with 4153 viewsScubaHoop

I'm not unhappy as some on here with either the squad, the transfers we have made or names we're linked with but I look at the teams in this division and struggle to think of three teams that should actually finish below us, even if we add the likes of Deeny or Holtby or Fer to the team.

So far I think Burnley will (but even then I think they surprised everyone last year, why not again?).... That's it.

Can people tell me I am talking out of my hairy hole and tell me who is going down in stead of us.....

Cheers.
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 01:06 - Jul 27 with 4126 viewseghamranger

Villa, poor team and poor buys
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 01:25 - Jul 27 with 4096 viewsHollowayRanger

derby!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 01:55 - Jul 27 with 4082 viewsgigiisourgod

West ham.
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 03:08 - Jul 27 with 4057 viewsCanadaRanger

Cardiff...

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 07:50 - Jul 27 with 4008 viewsdavman

Possibly no-one.

This is an unforgiving league and if we start like we did the last two times, 0-4 and 0-5, it'll be a long, hard, depressing slog.

On a more positive note, the following might be worse:

Burnley - fantastic last season, but team spirit is easy to foster when you are winning most weeks. Also, they can't be as lucky with injuries again, can they????

Palace - surely they can't do it again? They are a tin pot team with fans who have visions of grandeur and they will soon fall back to where they came from.

Villa - ending nothing, looking worse each season under that scotch robot. Owner desperate to sell.

WBA - their downward trajectory is going to be tough to reverse this season.

Leicester - not been at this level for a while, but did get used to winning last season; like us, depends on their start.

Saints - depends on who is left to start their first game.

Wet Spam - completely dependent on how long the inevitable Gold / Sullivan v Allardyce takes to resolve. If it drags on there could be a v unhealthy relationship developing.

Swansea - another one on a downhill spiral and surely they can't keep playing above themselves???

...and the less possible in my eyes:

Hull - a few injuries and who knows? Don't think so though as Brucie has done a mighty fine job there tbh.

Sjoke - unfortunately the worst manager in the world has inherited a team with team spirit that his Taffia can't easily destroy with their rigerous match preparation, so they should be alright.

Sunderland - think they have the right manager and will do well this season.

Newcastle - they'll have enough.

going to be a tough season this year...
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 7:52]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 07:56 - Jul 27 with 3998 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Think every team in the bottom 10 of quality could go down. Really tight league, I think we can range from 20th to 10th, every team has a flaw

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 08:47 - Jul 27 with 3938 viewstimcocking

Really depends who else we sign...
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 08:56 - Jul 27 with 3914 viewsGloucs_R

As it stands we will be in bottom three. Nowhere near enough attacking options to keep us up. We struggled last year with a better squad than we have now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 09:39 - Jul 27 with 3876 viewsDiscodroid

agree with the above two postings,as it stands i cant see us winning more than 7 or 8 games...and therefore bottom 3 assured .

the attack is still championship play off standard and the midfield if anything is weaker than last year with the departures...only the defence has been(significantly) enhanced

3 weeks is a long time in the playboy world of premiership football and we have the opportunity to rectify this .

two from lansbury/fer/holtby , a rightback cover and deeny/hooper would do for me.

dont think they will go down , but i think spurs will have a tough season possible a mild flirtation with relegation before mid table .

west ham will struggle also.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 9:39]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 09:44 - Jul 27 with 3866 viewskropotkin41

Could be a long season............

At this stage I'm expecting us to go straight back down and anything other than that will be a huge bonus. I don't think the problem will be the squad so much - we've seen other teams do amazing things with pretty limited talent - more likely I think we'll come up short tactically......... not sure that Harry is the tactical genius he seems to think he is.

Having said that 3 other teams could easily have nightmare seasons and leave us surviving by default........... that's what I'm hoping for.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 10:05 - Jul 27 with 3833 views08olesen

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 09:39 - Jul 27 by Discodroid

agree with the above two postings,as it stands i cant see us winning more than 7 or 8 games...and therefore bottom 3 assured .

the attack is still championship play off standard and the midfield if anything is weaker than last year with the departures...only the defence has been(significantly) enhanced

3 weeks is a long time in the playboy world of premiership football and we have the opportunity to rectify this .

two from lansbury/fer/holtby , a rightback cover and deeny/hooper would do for me.

dont think they will go down , but i think spurs will have a tough season possible a mild flirtation with relegation before mid table .

west ham will struggle also.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 9:39]

Agree with this...but we need more that 3 signings.Morrison, Fer, Deeny, May and Carl Jenkinson (loan) would be good, but the CM needs some serious attention, as we always seem to have a lot of possession at the back (even in the championship), but cant convert it going forward.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 10:21 - Jul 27 with 3809 viewsloftboy

Why does everyone assume Burnley are worse than us when they were far more consistent than us last year?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 3765 viewswgchoop

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 10:21 - Jul 27 by loftboy

Why does everyone assume Burnley are worse than us when they were far more consistent than us last year?

Think they were very lucky with no serious injuries throughout last year so was ok with tight small squad, don't think they will get away with that next season.
Also think west ham with current board and manager problems could effect the team.
And Southampton I think are being basically asset stripped as daughter has no interest in club and wants all she can get out of It before selling,so with already 7 players gone can expect more to leave and with only 2 players brought in I expect them to struggle also.
That's my 3 and that's all we need 😜
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 11:38 - Jul 27 with 3725 viewsGloucs_R

One thing we must do this year is beat the team around us and take points from them when away. We were awful at this last time around. The following should be must win games:

Villa
Burnley
Palace
Leicester
Southampton
Swansea
West Brom
West Ham

Poll: Are we staying up?

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 13:16 - Jul 27 with 3670 viewskensalriser

Surely a myth about Burnley's luck with injuries last season. Vokes did his cruciate, Ings was out for at least a month and at one point both of them and Trippier were all out injured.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 13:20 - Jul 27 with 3666 viewsdanehoop

no one below us. Partly expectation management on my part. Partly we haven't improved the midfield or strike force. As it stands we were just good enough to get out the championship. We sure as hell are not prepared to contest effectively any teams in the prem.

Never knowingly understood

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 14:20 - Jul 27 with 3617 viewsTacticalR

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 10:21 - Jul 27 by loftboy

It usually requires repeated blows to the head before reality sinks in.

Air hostess clique

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 14:40 - Jul 27 with 3592 views08olesen

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 13:20 - Jul 27 by danehoop

no one below us. Partly expectation management on my part. Partly we haven't improved the midfield or strike force. As it stands we were just good enough to get out the championship. We sure as hell are not prepared to contest effectively any teams in the prem.

Not the management for me, i think we are delusional if we think we could do any better, but personnel i agree with you on, there is a lot lot lot more work to do.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 14:52 - Jul 27 with 3575 viewsbosh67

The championship.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 15:33 - Jul 27 with 3547 viewsTGRRRSSS

Disnt that happen when they were all but up though bar the shouting.

They were certainly fun coming into about March, we lost Austin in January I think until late April and even then was some doubts but he pulled through.
Had we had him in that crititcal Feb, March period it might have been closer at least
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 16:03 - Jul 27 with 3527 viewswgchoop

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 13:16 - Jul 27 by kensalriser

Surely a myth about Burnley's luck with injuries last season. Vokes did his cruciate, Ings was out for at least a month and at one point both of them and Trippier were all out injured.

Vokes and ings were injured in April and the latter only missed a couple of games,when u think we lost faulin in November for the season our top goal scorer Austin in January ,a week later matt Phillips for the season and Danny Simpson from FEBUARY till near the end with a back problem I think we had the worst of it plus as stated earlier Burnley were all but up when they got there injuries only one long term was trippier.
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 19:29 - Jul 27 with 3438 viewsloftus77

72 teams...sadly.
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 14:04 - Mar 27 with 3086 viewsPinnerPaul

Bored at work, so found this!

Some very astute predictions here, which I'm pretty convinced I thought were massively pessimistic at the time!
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 15:09 - Mar 27 with 3015 viewsHunterhoop

Who is going to finish below us next year? on 14:04 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

Bored at work, so found this!

Some very astute predictions here, which I'm pretty convinced I thought were massively pessimistic at the time!

Pessismism and Realism, Pinner, you've always got them mixed up.
Who is going to finish below us next year? on 16:22 - Mar 27 with 2976 viewsPey

One word: KARMA.
Never liked these threads about who is gonna end below us or bye bye some team yo begin with.
Or bragging about we are so much better than other teams as if we have some devine right to be in the PL because of that.
At the end of the season the final position doesn't lie mostly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024