Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
niko returning? 12:21 - Jul 27 with 9428 viewsenfieldargh

Can't blame him for wanting to get the hell out of Ukraine

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-reignite-interes

Would like to think we would see a different side of him in the Prem...and I dont imply anything to do with waistlines etc......

Would love to see Niko play to his full potential in a Rangers' shirt

(ps I'm biased)

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

niko returning? on 16:47 - Jul 27 with 1739 viewscyprusmel

niko returning? on 13:56 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

Charlie,Charlie,Charlie
Charlie,Charlie,Charlie Austin.

Charlieeeeeeeeeeee Charlieeeeeeeeeeee
niko returning? on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 1720 viewsessextaxiboy

niko returning? on 16:26 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

The right sort would presumably have got fit at some point in the last year. Have never understood his status among QPR fans. Thought he was poor for most of last season and he's nowhere close to being good enough or fit enough fir the top division. Harry barely played him when he was at spurs and he was 3 yrs younger then. One of the biggest disappointments of last season, it would be a stupid signing.

Not saying as a starter , we need 25 . You cant have 7 or 8 teenagers as backup , that would be suicide
niko returning? on 17:19 - Jul 27 with 1708 viewsAntti_Heinola

niko returning? on 17:02 - Jul 27 by essextaxiboy

Not saying as a starter , we need 25 . You cant have 7 or 8 teenagers as backup , that would be suicide

Not even worth a place as the 25th man, complete waste of money. Signing someone just because numbers are low must be the worst reason I can think of to sign a player, particularly one so unfit and slow as Niko.
We can do far, far better.

Bare bones.

niko returning? on 18:13 - Jul 27 with 1649 viewsTacticalR

niko returning? on 16:26 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

The right sort would presumably have got fit at some point in the last year. Have never understood his status among QPR fans. Thought he was poor for most of last season and he's nowhere close to being good enough or fit enough fir the top division. Harry barely played him when he was at spurs and he was 3 yrs younger then. One of the biggest disappointments of last season, it would be a stupid signing.

I blame OnlyHereForTheNiko's brainwashing techniques. I have never been the same man since.

Air hostess clique

niko returning? on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 1626 viewsMarc

Should only be considered as a last minute resort on deadline day.
niko returning? on 19:32 - Jul 27 with 1571 viewsDiscodroid

unless harrys thinking of going all 'its a knock out jeux sans frontierer' on us and playing his joker away to hull on a tuesday night. i cannot for the all thats good and holy possibly see why we would resign him.

unless ive missed something and qpr are now the variety club of the light entertainment world why should we give him a contract because he got injured and missed a world cup???

havent we played claire raynor enough in the past 'my loves??'*
*@copyright claire raynor 1978

if we are getting bodies in for the sake of it can we have ones that dont have to be strapped to a bionic mobility machine like dr weyland in 'prometheus '

all we need now is for 'h' to move for top dutch tv personality and ian dury doppleganger van der valk, sorry, vart.

is it possible for the cast of towie to get a jobs as scouts at qpr. joey essex should be head hunted.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 19:39]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

niko returning? on 19:47 - Jul 27 with 1562 viewsLoft1979

niko returning? on 12:26 - Jul 27 by Metallica_Hoop

Was great against Wigan at LR and clearly was fooked to boot.

I'd say ye to him returning.

Team element...part of maintaining squad harmony, could be a loan and fees are probably small.
niko returning? on 20:11 - Jul 27 with 1536 viewsSpiritofGregory

Too fat and lazy.
Login to get fewer ads

niko returning? on 01:27 - Jul 28 with 1465 viewsQPRMUSO

Would love to have Ashton Kutcher play for us again. Good player with lots of creativity.
niko returning? on 01:49 - Jul 28 with 1458 viewsisawqpratwcity

nikoff

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

niko returning? on 04:35 - Jul 28 with 1434 viewsgigiisourgod

niko returning? on 16:29 - Jul 27 by W12_Ranger

Dreadful player well past his sell by date

Best technician of the ball I have ever seen at QPR. The amount of times last season where the highlight of my day would be sitting down and watch him ping fireworks to his team mates at half time from 40 yards... Mesmerising. Would be better suited to a premier league bench than a championship bench as well. Class act!
niko returning? on 07:22 - Jul 28 with 1403 viewsCHUBBS

No thanks,although i like his style his over all contribution to games was not even good enough for the championship.
I know he wasn't fully fit and his injury problems held him back,but do we really think his fitness will improve with age?
We've been here before and universally agreed we need to recruit younger fitter players stepping up rather than the injury prone has beens.
niko returning? on 10:33 - Jul 28 with 1339 viewsEastR

"Would love to see Niko play to his full potential in a Rangers' shirt"

do we do them in XXXXXXL?

he's a class act, but you have to question his professionalism in not being able to get himself into shape

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

niko returning? on 10:41 - Jul 28 with 1326 viewsCFW

Was kind of hoping we would go forward this season - managed to off load more shite from the squad and sorry this is just a step back too far. Talk about big wage reduction etc and then Harry said he would need to lose weight!!

Nothing against the bloke but we are fighting for our premiership survival and not sure what he would bring to the party. Step forward with Rio and Caulker lets keep that going - PLEASE!!!!
niko returning? on 10:48 - Jul 28 with 1310 viewsWeaverQPR

The concern is he will still be chasing his tail fitness wise, or is he back in training now in Kiev?

@WeavQPR

niko returning? on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 1301 viewspaulparker

For the love of God No !!!!!

bar Wigan & Barnsley at home he was unfit, sh*t & lazy in the championship, why is he going to be any good in the Prem ?? if we are into unfit overweight players then in the words of John Inman im Free
also how the hell did he sacrifice his world cup place, he got injured that's it
why did he get injured because he isn't match fit , he is overweight and injury prone
a poor mans Adel Tarabet

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

niko returning? on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 1287 viewsJamie

The poor guy is no more capable of playing in the PL than my 89 year old nan.

It was painfully clear last season that it was nothing to do with fitness, he is simply knackered.
niko returning? on 11:07 - Jul 28 with 1270 viewsdaveB

On a free transfer I think he's worth a place in the squad
niko returning? on 11:21 - Jul 28 with 1224 viewsDiscodroid

'no he isnt.'

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

niko returning? on 12:10 - Jul 28 with 1171 viewsrobith

niko returning? on 16:18 - Jul 27 by RangersAreBack

The premier league is no joke. We need midfielders who can deliver quality on a regular basis. We have enough cover players in the squad.

While it's not a joke. It's at its lowest quality in about 10 years. Not a great deal in it from 11 downwards.
niko returning? on 12:14 - Jul 28 with 1160 viewsdanehoop

The key things in this are:

Harry likes Nico and seems to trust him to do a job.
Nico was generally pretty committed at QPR, losing his World Cup place putting himself on the line and getting injured in doing so.
In glimpses he showed his quality on the ball.

The key things in this are though:

He is on a big wage in a small league in Ukraine. You might have noticed the country isnt doing so well at the moment and the desirability of the money vs. location in the circumstances might be less attractive.
He will take a big wage cut (already signalled) to join, so will be comparatively cheap.
Any transfer will be negligible, with his current club very keen to cut costs as quick as possible.

So we have a cheap option, who Harry likes and who seems to have been of the "right type" in the dressing room available , just when we have lost an expensive waged Spanish option.

Can see this happening on some kind of sensible contract arrangement. One year plus optional second triggered after appearances perhaps,

Never knowingly understood

niko returning? on 12:31 - Jul 28 with 1108 viewsBlue_Castello

niko returning? on 10:49 - Jul 28 by paulparker

For the love of God No !!!!!

bar Wigan & Barnsley at home he was unfit, sh*t & lazy in the championship, why is he going to be any good in the Prem ?? if we are into unfit overweight players then in the words of John Inman im Free
also how the hell did he sacrifice his world cup place, he got injured that's it
why did he get injured because he isn't match fit , he is overweight and injury prone
a poor mans Adel Tarabet

Agreed that just about sums up how I feel, his performances over the season were hugely disappointing, he always looked unfit and when it came to tackling would lunge AT the player because he was too slow to get to the ball.
The man has undoubtedly got plenty of skill but appears that he cant attain a reasonable level of fitness so is a liability, and hes also very injury prone.

However the Premiership may just be a better platform for Niko to attempt to apply his skills.
IF and its a big IF he was on a Free transfer with low wages it may be worth adding him to the squad providing hes NOT a first choice player, but its a big gamble and it could be just another waste of money.

PS....I would much rather keep Adel whose a far better and fitter player and despite his shortcomings can run a lot more than Niko, now you never thought you would hear somebody say that Tarbs was fitter than any squad member.....but hes shed loads better than Niko.....
niko returning? on 12:31 - Jul 28 with 1106 viewsjohnhoop

niko returning? on 12:14 - Jul 28 by danehoop

The key things in this are:

Harry likes Nico and seems to trust him to do a job.
Nico was generally pretty committed at QPR, losing his World Cup place putting himself on the line and getting injured in doing so.
In glimpses he showed his quality on the ball.

The key things in this are though:

He is on a big wage in a small league in Ukraine. You might have noticed the country isnt doing so well at the moment and the desirability of the money vs. location in the circumstances might be less attractive.
He will take a big wage cut (already signalled) to join, so will be comparatively cheap.
Any transfer will be negligible, with his current club very keen to cut costs as quick as possible.

So we have a cheap option, who Harry likes and who seems to have been of the "right type" in the dressing room available , just when we have lost an expensive waged Spanish option.

Can see this happening on some kind of sensible contract arrangement. One year plus optional second triggered after appearances perhaps,

For me the most important key thing is that he simply wasn't playing well enough to get into the team a lot of the time last season when we were in the championship and often when he was playing he was so peripheral that you hardly noticed him. I can understand why he would want us to give him an escape route out of the Ukraine but I can't see him being of any real use to us at all next season.
niko returning? on 12:46 - Jul 28 with 1058 viewsDiscodroid

being a lover of curves i think he's most beguiling attribute is his arse!.

you could stand a pint pot on the back of it.

reminds me a bit of the old gazza having to foul his way to win the ball back or get past people in the winter of his career.

it was abundantly on display in his latter games for us.

he looked like he needed stevie nicks roadie with straw delivery system to perk him up after ten minutes.

i say, lets stand aside and let the impending rush of other premier clubs snap him up!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 12:50]

niko returning? on 12:50 - Jul 28 with 1047 viewsWeaverQPR

Maybe he will be better suited to PL where crunching tackles are generally frowned upon unlike the championship which can be pretty brutal.

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024