Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy 15:03 - Jul 27 with 15966 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 22:11 - Jul 28 with 1470 views08olesen

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:05 - Jul 28 by YorkRanger

Agree with this. Those on here looking for lots of activity have short memories. A quick ball playing midfielder, some pace up front and we will not be far away.

Have to disagree with you there. We have only added Ferdinand and Caulker to a very average championship team, and in some ways i think the play offs overshadowed our poor performances last year.

We need at least 2 holding midfielders, a CAM and another striker. Plus Simpson cannot play ever game next season and Onhoua isnt a wing back. We are also gambling on Traore, Hoilet and Phillips injuries, so a young lower league player may be good there.

I know its a lot, but Hull are a good side and i think if we get stuffed on the opening day, people will realize how average we were last year and without Morrison and Austin we had nothing going forward from anyone else, that cant happen again in the prem. So i would rather be prepared and avoid the panic buys late on.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 23:03 - Jul 28 with 1370 viewsqueensparker

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 22:11 - Jul 28 by 08olesen

Have to disagree with you there. We have only added Ferdinand and Caulker to a very average championship team, and in some ways i think the play offs overshadowed our poor performances last year.

We need at least 2 holding midfielders, a CAM and another striker. Plus Simpson cannot play ever game next season and Onhoua isnt a wing back. We are also gambling on Traore, Hoilet and Phillips injuries, so a young lower league player may be good there.

I know its a lot, but Hull are a good side and i think if we get stuffed on the opening day, people will realize how average we were last year and without Morrison and Austin we had nothing going forward from anyone else, that cant happen again in the prem. So i would rather be prepared and avoid the panic buys late on.

Can't help but agree we need those players, but with a bit of good management behind the scenes we've got Newcastles best forward from last season and one of AC Milans best players from last season kicking their heels in the squad. Another top centre mid to replace Granero and I'd take a punt on that squad - that's one signing and two negotiations
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 01:50 - Jul 29 with 1242 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 22:11 - Jul 28 by 08olesen

" a very average Championship team"

Look up the definition of average, have a look at last season's Championship league table, come back to me.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 01:52 - Jul 29 with 1239 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:37 - Jul 28 by eghamranger

Aren't Remy and Deeny the same sort of player?

Can see Crouch coming in to give us a different option

Loic Remy and Troy Deeney are both poorly behaved, male, human beings. Here the similarities end.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 07:24 - Jul 29 with 1173 viewsWeaverQPR

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 01:52 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Loic Remy and Troy Deeney are both poorly behaved, male, human beings. Here the similarities end.

I bet there a hoot on a night out though.

@WeavQPR

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 09:09 - Jul 29 with 1107 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd like to see Harriman cover for Simpson at Right Wing Back. Played both Right back and Right Midfield for Gillingham last season and my Gills season ticket holding friends said that he had plenty of energy and some quality to his play. That's one less to panic buy.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 09:09 - Jul 29 with 1107 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 01:50 - Jul 29 by Northernr

" a very average Championship team"

Look up the definition of average, have a look at last season's Championship league table, come back to me.

Couldn't agree more, I'm getting increasingly annoyed with how the doom mongers are now dismissing three excellent performances against Wigan and Derby, ignoring the fact that we did win one or two other matches last season!
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 12:33 - Jul 29 with 1014 viewsYorkRanger

so conversely then, if we win well on the first day will everyone then conclude what a good championship side we were last year?
Login to get fewer ads

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:09 - Jul 29 with 923 viewsdaveB

not having that we were an average side last year. We were a very good Championship side, not the best but better than most. For all the talk of so many sides being better than us not many actually beat us when we had a full side out. yes we relied on Austin for goals but the two who went up relied on Nugent and Ings for a lot of goals as well, every team who wins something will have to rely on one very good player to make the difference and a good team backing him up.

Hull will be a very tough game, one I think we'll lose as they are better than us but over the full season I think Redknapp will put together a team that can and will stay up although I wouldn't expect it to be easy.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 876 viewssimmo

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:09 - Jul 29 by daveB

not having that we were an average side last year. We were a very good Championship side, not the best but better than most. For all the talk of so many sides being better than us not many actually beat us when we had a full side out. yes we relied on Austin for goals but the two who went up relied on Nugent and Ings for a lot of goals as well, every team who wins something will have to rely on one very good player to make the difference and a good team backing him up.

Hull will be a very tough game, one I think we'll lose as they are better than us but over the full season I think Redknapp will put together a team that can and will stay up although I wouldn't expect it to be easy.

+1 to the 2nd paragraph.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 830 viewsDANRANGER

I think you are getting carried away a little with the lack of transfer activity. Average teams do not get promoted so very harsh opinion on your team unless you expect a top 6 finish next season. We all have an idea of how we want the season to go and we do need to strengthen but there's still over a month to do that and we haven't exactly lost out on any targets yet.

This team is far better placed to stay up than the team that went down even though on paper it looks inferior but I'd take this one over that any day. The team spirit and organisation is there and although we do lack some creativity there is still time to put that right.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:56 - Jul 29 with 811 viewsSpiritofGregory

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:51 - Jul 29 by DANRANGER

I think you are getting carried away a little with the lack of transfer activity. Average teams do not get promoted so very harsh opinion on your team unless you expect a top 6 finish next season. We all have an idea of how we want the season to go and we do need to strengthen but there's still over a month to do that and we haven't exactly lost out on any targets yet.

This team is far better placed to stay up than the team that went down even though on paper it looks inferior but I'd take this one over that any day. The team spirit and organisation is there and although we do lack some creativity there is still time to put that right.

Our current squad will get hammered week in and week out. We have nothing in midfield and need to sort out the Remy situation asap. If he is staying then his contract will have to be renegotiated as we can not run the risk of him stating that he is staying and then moving before the window shuts, leaving us with just Charlie upfront.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 790 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:56 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Our current squad will get hammered week in and week out. We have nothing in midfield and need to sort out the Remy situation asap. If he is staying then his contract will have to be renegotiated as we can not run the risk of him stating that he is staying and then moving before the window shuts, leaving us with just Charlie upfront.

Yeh, Remy's definitely going to be willing to renegotiate that
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 790 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:56 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

We will not get hammered every week. Why do some fans think the key to staying up is just to completely change the core of the Championship team, even though Norwich, Swansea, Crystal Palace and Hull have all proved that is not true. The main thing you need in the Premier League is a mix of quality and passion. Now I believe Ferdinand, Caulker, Barton, Simpson, Remy, Austin are all Premier League quality, and then we have the passion, which you can see in Faurlin, Green, Austin, Simpson, etc. By completely ruining the unity it could f*ck up the changing room once again like last time. I'm not saying we don't need more players, I reckon a CM and CAM is needed, but to say we would get hammered is just untrue, because the Premier League is not all that, and we could easily stay up in it

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 14:07 - Jul 29 with 788 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 13:09 - Jul 29 by daveB

We weren't average, but we weren't very good either. We rarely one a game convincingly. We were decent, but not as good as Derby - although when it counted, we beat them, so we deserved it!

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024