Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy 15:03 - Jul 27 with 15973 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:11 - Jul 28 with 1761 viewsSnipper

If, as looks likely, he starts the season with us, there's 3 games before the window shuts. If he's banging them in and playing well, a bid will surely come in from a bigger club and we'll be left high & dry. In an ideal world, I'd like Remy to stay, but I think the best solution for us as a club is to get rid asap. I'd rather have players who want to play for us than to be here coz they have no choice.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:25 - Jul 28 with 1705 viewspaulparker

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 15:31 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Unless we've got a particularly potent brand of rohypnol kicking around in the medicine cupboard why on earth would he agree to that?

I wouldn't rule out LBlocks suggestion totally
if we offered him say another 10 a week on a new deal and put the buy out clause at 20 million then that would be a win , win all round surely /

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:32 - Jul 28 with 1682 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:25 - Jul 28 by paulparker

if we offered him say another 10 a week on a new deal and put the buy out clause at 20 million then that would be a win , win all round surely /

Unless I've misread it LBlock is saying we should offer him less than he's on now, not more. I'm actually not sure he's being entirely serious.

"Now Loic me old mukka, we know you don't really want to stay here and there's interest from clubs chasing Champions League spots, but what we think would be really triffic is if you signed a new contract here, on less money than we currently pay you, and with a much higher release clause, thereby tying you more tightly to a club you want to leave while earning you less money, what do you think mate?"
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:46 - Jul 28 with 1633 viewsdaveB

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:25 - Jul 28 by paulparker

If no one is buying him at 8.5 million why would someone buy him at 20 million
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:59 - Jul 28 with 1589 viewspaulparker

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:46 - Jul 28 by daveB

If no one is buying him at 8.5 million why would someone buy him at 20 million

Arsenal , Man Utd, City, Chelsea , already sorted in that department
Liverpool have backed out for some reason , maybe buying someone else or are being over cautious re the medical
Everton are putting their money into Lukaku
Spurs spent most of the Bale money last year and with a new boss maybe they don't fancy him
Sunderland & Newcastle , don't think Remy wants to go back up North
Wet Ham & West Brom already spent their wedge on strikers
If Remy was to stay with us and bang in 20 goals then his price will rocket,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:19 - Jul 28 with 1516 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:59 - Jul 28 by paulparker

Liverpool have backed out for some reason , maybe buying someone else or are being over cautious re the medical
Spurs spent most of the Bale money last year and with a new boss maybe they don't fancy him

But he wouldn't want it to rocket would he? It would reduce his options. Hence he'd never sign a deal with a higher release clause.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:28 - Jul 28 with 1489 viewsJamie

Some rather disconcerting suggestions on here that Remy is on mega money. It's a matter of public record that he came here purely because Tone is such a bantersaurus.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:33 - Jul 28 with 1472 viewsWeaverQPR

I thought TF tweeted he was back here to concentrate on R's and transfer dealings? Sod alls happened.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:37 - Jul 28 with 1460 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:33 - Jul 28 by WeaverQPR

I thought TF tweeted he was back here to concentrate on R's and transfer dealings? Sod alls happened.

Did I imagine us spending £8m on a quality, young, English, international centre half?
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:39 - Jul 28 with 1454 viewsdaveB

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 16:59 - Jul 28 by paulparker

plenty of clubs in other countries in Europe who might want him still. I can't see him signing a new deal to do us a favour
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:43 - Jul 28 with 1444 viewsWeaverQPR

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:37 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Did I imagine us spending £8m on a quality, young, English, international centre half?

Its the other six players we need thats the problem.

@WeavQPR

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 1418 viewsNorthernr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:43 - Jul 28 by WeaverQPR

Its the other six players we need thats the problem.

Spending £8m on Caulker and signing Rio Ferdinand is not "sod all" though is it whichever way you want to judge it - quality of player, money spent, wages committed etc. Certainly not to a club of QPR's size and resource.

We did this last time we came up, always another signing needed, always another player. Totally destroyed what was good about the team that came up. That spirit has only just come back, and now we're thirsty for more blood yet again.

IMO, we don't need anything more than a couple of central midfielders and a couple of forwards, several of whom need to have a bit of pace about them. We also have more than a month left to sign them.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 18:00 - Jul 28 with 1377 viewsbarbicanranger

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:48 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Spending £8m on Caulker and signing Rio Ferdinand is not "sod all" though is it whichever way you want to judge it - quality of player, money spent, wages committed etc. Certainly not to a club of QPR's size and resource.

We did this last time we came up, always another signing needed, always another player. Totally destroyed what was good about the team that came up. That spirit has only just come back, and now we're thirsty for more blood yet again.

IMO, we don't need anything more than a couple of central midfielders and a couple of forwards, several of whom need to have a bit of pace about them. We also have more than a month left to sign them.

Have to say I agree. We seem to be our own worst enemy, the fans, saying we need this number of players more, we need this position, that position. We are obviously trying, we went early for Bryson, etc. the intention is clearly there but I am totally of the view that if we don't get the right people that we targeted then leave it, obviously keep ears open during the window, but let's not do what we did last time, please. Would rather see this squad of players as it is have a "right-go", then hire players for certain positions that are not right for the club. Slowly slowly...
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 18:06 - Jul 28 with 1365 viewsdaveB

We'll sign more and probably end up with more than what we need. It's the same every window mass panic that we've done nothing then as soon as the window shuts self loathing that we've done too much. We'll add at least 2 more this week imo.

Remy possibly staying does throw a spanner in the works as I think Redknapp would have gone with Austin or Deeney (if he gets him) up front with a number 10 off him like Van Der Vaart or Niko but if Remy stays we might change to play 2 up front
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 18:14 - Jul 28 with 1342 viewsHAYESBOY

Difference this year is you have a squad of 25 and you have to stick with it. No loans to get you out of trouble.
At the moment we have Barton, Faurlin and Henry at centre midfield. Very short if we are playing a midfield 3.
If Remy stays we need at least one more striker and I would maybe argue maybe another after that.
We are sorted at the back.

1 - Green
2 -Murphy
3 - Cesar (?)
4 - Yun
5 - Simpson
6 - Traore
7 - Dunne
8 - Hill
9 - Caulker
10 - Ferdinand
11 - Onouha
12 - Barton
13 - Faurlin
14 - Henry
15 - Hoillet
16 - Phillips
17 - SWP
18 - Tarbs (?)
19 - Austin
20 - Zamora
21 - Remy

Think I have got everyone in. With Tarbs and Cesar in that's 21.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 18:46 - Jul 28 with 1285 viewskysersosaqpr

Southampton got the money

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:02 - Jul 28 with 1253 viewsQPR_Jim

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 18:46 - Jul 28 by kysersosaqpr

Southampton got the money

Unfortunately they don't come across as a club that impulsively throws money at players who have failed medicals elsewhere.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:05 - Jul 28 with 1240 viewsYorkRanger

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 17:48 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Agree with this. Those on here looking for lots of activity have short memories. A quick ball playing midfielder, some pace up front and we will not be far away.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:17 - Jul 28 with 1207 viewsbarbicanranger

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 18:06 - Jul 28 by daveB

We'll sign more and probably end up with more than what we need. It's the same every window mass panic that we've done nothing then as soon as the window shuts self loathing that we've done too much. We'll add at least 2 more this week imo.

Remy possibly staying does throw a spanner in the works as I think Redknapp would have gone with Austin or Deeney (if he gets him) up front with a number 10 off him like Van Der Vaart or Niko but if Remy stays we might change to play 2 up front

I think Arry will be thinking Deeney comes in regardless of Remy, as he is someone he has targeted as a signing and is at good age. Also, that'd give us a striking roster of Charlie, Zamora, Deeney, Remy, which is a nice blend, Zamora cant do a full 90 every week and will probably be used as a sub or a battering ram for away games, any of the other three could get injured or fall out of form so that would be sufficient cover. But agree on your point re formation.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:37 - Jul 28 with 1180 viewseghamranger

Aren't Remy and Deeny the same sort of player?

Can see Crouch coming in to give us a different option
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:46 - Jul 28 with 1174 viewskysersosaqpr

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:37 - Jul 28 by eghamranger

Too old and we have zamorra if we need a lamppost to lump it to

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:48 - Jul 28 with 1169 viewsjohnhoop

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:37 - Jul 28 by eghamranger

I would think in roughly the same way that Gareth Bale and SWP are the same sort of player.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:57 - Jul 28 with 1148 viewsTGRRRSSS

Also he seems to want CL therefore ruling Spurs out.
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 20:57 - Jul 28 with 1074 viewseghamranger

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:48 - Jul 28 by johnhoop

I would think in roughly the same way that Gareth Bale and SWP are the same sort of player.

Deeney and Remy both play in same position and they don't hold the ball up like crouch can. They prefer to run onto the ball. A BZ / Crouch player gives you a different option.
Deeney is no way a £10 million player. I really don't want him at LR
Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 22:04 - Jul 28 with 977 viewsTacticalR

Sky sources: Liverpool pull out of deal to sign Loic Remy on 19:48 - Jul 28 by johnhoop

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024