Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing the plot 05:45 - Jul 29 with 3572 viewskysersosaqpr

Who are we in for? As of say august 1 who are we talking to to get in? Icelandic forward, west ham No 10, Watford forward, Dutch midfielder, and French midfielder (or two). Is that it or anyone else? Am I right in that the deferral consensus is defence seems ok; winger/wing backs/ wide men ok; central midfield and forwards we're light? Does Remy staying and Taraabt staying change transfer tactics/ priorities?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Losing the plot on 07:04 - Jul 29 with 2318 viewseghamranger

Majority on here are so chilled out and think our championship team plus 2 defenders will do ok. TF must have something up his sleeve for this week...just hope Remy stays
Losing the plot on 07:07 - Jul 29 with 2313 viewsWeaverQPR

Its all in hand.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 7:16]

@WeavQPR

Losing the plot on 07:28 - Jul 29 with 2275 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Losing the plot on 07:04 - Jul 29 by eghamranger

Majority on here are so chilled out and think our championship team plus 2 defenders will do ok. TF must have something up his sleeve for this week...just hope Remy stays

That is not how I see it. Most on here still think we need more signings but some are not panicking as much as others that is all.
Losing the plot on 07:50 - Jul 29 with 2223 viewswgchoop

Losing the plot on 07:28 - Jul 29 by CroydonCaptJack

That is not how I see it. Most on here still think we need more signings but some are not panicking as much as others that is all.

+1
Losing the plot on 08:07 - Jul 29 with 2179 viewsMaggsinho

Yep, that's about it.

Give it five weeks and everyone will be complaining we've signed too many players and aren't giving youth a chance.
Losing the plot on 08:07 - Jul 29 with 2178 viewsNorthernr

+2
Losing the plot on 08:27 - Jul 29 with 2128 viewsCHUBBS

We need 2 creative central midfielder players with pace and a striker if Remy stays.
Thats it as far as i can see so no reason to panic.
I must add that i'm delighted we have been turning our backs on players/agents who haven't agreed with OUR terms instead of bending over backwards to sign absolute w@nkers.
Losing the plot on 08:47 - Jul 29 with 2068 viewshoopdog

Losing the plot on 08:27 - Jul 29 by CHUBBS

We need 2 creative central midfielder players with pace and a striker if Remy stays.
Thats it as far as i can see so no reason to panic.
I must add that i'm delighted we have been turning our backs on players/agents who haven't agreed with OUR terms instead of bending over backwards to sign absolute w@nkers.

YYEEESSS SANITY PREVAILS ! OR IN OTHER WORDS I'M WITH CHUBS
Login to get fewer ads

Losing the plot on 09:05 - Jul 29 with 2020 viewsPinnerPaul

Losing the plot on 08:07 - Jul 29 by Maggsinho

Yep, that's about it.

Give it five weeks and everyone will be complaining we've signed too many players and aren't giving youth a chance.

Losing the plot on 09:11 - Jul 29 with 1995 viewsheadhoops

---------------

Is there a scale of panic, say between 1 and 10? One being the least stressed. That way we would be able to tell if we were panicking more or less than one another. Its this degree of uncertainty that's bringing me out in cold sweats. For example I think we will add a couple so I'm a 3 out of 10 and relaxed.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Losing the plot on 09:18 - Jul 29 with 1978 viewsLewes_r

Losing the plot on 09:11 - Jul 29 by headhoops

---------------

Is there a scale of panic, say between 1 and 10? One being the least stressed. That way we would be able to tell if we were panicking more or less than one another. Its this degree of uncertainty that's bringing me out in cold sweats. For example I think we will add a couple so I'm a 3 out of 10 and relaxed.

If you find yourself constantly creating and adding to threads with the words "worried" and "tonked" etc then you are possibly beginning to panic a bit early

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Losing the plot on 09:22 - Jul 29 with 1962 viewsDANRANGER

Just think we've still got 3 weeks until the 1st game!! We lose tonight and it's all over!

The sooner the season starts the better as when we are not playing inevitably people panic. If the season started tomorrow we could choose this side :
Green
Rio caulker ned
Simpson. Traore
Barton. Henry
Taraabt
Remy Austin

Ok it won't happen but if certain players are on board then that's a decent side and still have Phillips and hoilett as more attacking options wide.

Players will sign, chill winston.
Losing the plot on 09:36 - Jul 29 with 1908 viewskingsburyR

I'm a 2-3.

What will happen happens.

As for Taarabt, he wont play for us again.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Losing the plot on 09:37 - Jul 29 with 1907 viewskensalriser

I'm chilled out because there's absolutely nothing I can do about any of it. And I'll find out our starting line up for the first game about half an hour before kick off.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Losing the plot on 09:58 - Jul 29 with 1846 viewsdaveB

We need new players that's obvious, if Redknapp doesn't fancy Yun then I'd go for a left wing back, at least 2 central midfielders and another forward, I reckon we'll sign even more than that. QPR have rarely gone a transfer window without signing at least 8 players.

It's also well worth waiting for clubs to come back from pre season tours as several more players will become available. I still think we'll end up with Andros Townsend this window
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 10:00]
Losing the plot on 10:04 - Jul 29 with 1811 viewskingsburyR

Losing the plot on 09:58 - Jul 29 by daveB

We need new players that's obvious, if Redknapp doesn't fancy Yun then I'd go for a left wing back, at least 2 central midfielders and another forward, I reckon we'll sign even more than that. QPR have rarely gone a transfer window without signing at least 8 players.

It's also well worth waiting for clubs to come back from pre season tours as several more players will become available. I still think we'll end up with Andros Townsend this window
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 10:00]

Up and coming England international before injury???

No chance!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Losing the plot on 10:06 - Jul 29 with 1787 viewsHollowayRanger

im chilled

most important thing to me is that we sign NO MORE

cesars diakites mbias graneros johnsons swps bowsingws

and if that means we dont over spend or are left short

so be it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Losing the plot on 10:14 - Jul 29 with 1792 viewsCFW

You have to accept that both Remy and Taraabt will not be playing for us this season - we have to accept that and think of the team and club. After all that is all they are thinking about - themselves!!

Yes we do need players to come in but we also have to accept that the better players will cost money. I think Troy Deeney will be a good purchase even if we have to pay good money for him. He is the right age, has pace, power and knows where the goal is and has proven that playing for an average team in the championship. My point is you know what you are getting.

Fer, Holtby and one other quality midfield player and we are more or less done. Would like to see some of the younger players making up our squad and introducing them whenever we are able.
Losing the plot on 10:23 - Jul 29 with 1754 viewsMaggsinho

Losing the plot on 10:04 - Jul 29 by kingsburyR

Up and coming England international before injury???

No chance!

What, like Caulker?
Losing the plot on 10:28 - Jul 29 with 1729 viewsPhildo

The positives seem to be that the club is looking at players in positions we will need strengthening with a view to playing a certain system. Most unQPRlike
Losing the plot on 10:33 - Jul 29 with 1715 views08olesen

For me its not the personnel but the performances, i would happily keep Karl Henry and Nico Kranjcar in the frame if they could do the job, but i just dont think they can. We should be beating LO comfortably tonight pre season or not, and that will help us get an idea of where we are.

We are coming up against Huddleston and Livermore first day... that is exactly the type of player we cant deal with at the moment with the week midfield that we have and i would like anyone who we buy to actually have a few games with us before the season starts thats all.

I think we all agree its about balance, we dont want to go mad and ruin the team we had before, but at the same time we were average last year and got lucky in the end and therefore must strengthen considerably. I would rather add a small amount of top quality players like Holtby, Fer, Morrison and avoid players like Amalfitano, Eto and 10 million quid for Deeney. If we do that i think we will be fine.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Losing the plot (n/t) on 10:38 - Jul 29 with 1687 viewslondonscottish

[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 11:37]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Losing the plot on 10:41 - Jul 29 with 1665 viewssimmo

Although I would have liked to have seen some more signings in and settled already, I would rather we sign nobody at all then get people in for the sake of it. In some ways it's reassuring that we have not signed loads of people, that Ajax lad fo example, obviously asking for money we are not prepared to spend so we rejected him, 2 years ago he would have been through the door and we would have all been pleased, until his 60kp/w 4 year deal fcked us.

Faurlin and Phillips back are like new signings, add in Harriman as cover, the emergence of YSY as a viable option and maybe Remy too, that's 5 players we have this season we couldnt use before, excluding the big problem area we have already dealt with at CB.

We have plenty of time and only need 2-3 more.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Losing the plot on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 1567 viewsHAYESBOY

For me at least 4 new bodies.

2 centre mids. So maybe Fer and Mark Davies

1 no 10 - Out of Valbuena, Holtby, Vaart, Kranjar (If Tarbs is off)

1 striker (if Remy stays 2 if not). Deeney, Delort, Sigthorson(?).

Smells like a trout farm in here

Losing the plot on 11:44 - Jul 29 with 1550 viewsNorthernr

If anybody honestly thinks there's any chance of Harry Redknapp tackling the first half of the Premier League season with Barton, Henry and Faurlin as his only central midfield options they should probably see a head doctor.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024