Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp on Adel 16:30 - Jul 29 with 10606 viewsdaveB

Let the he's great no he's crap debate begin again

Hard to have any sympathy for Adel if he can't get himself fit again, real waste of talent.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-harry-redknapp-on-adel-taarabt-f
Redknapp on Adel on 23:48 - Jul 29 with 1330 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp on Adel on 16:43 - Jul 29 by simmo

As much as I dislike Redknapp and love Adel, it's hard to see what Harry is wrong about in this article. We all want Taarabt fit and commited, but if he's not that, then he needs to move on. We need to hold Adel to the same standards we are holding prospective new signings, we talk about them having to integrate into the group, be part of the spirit and be able to graft in addition to bringing quality. It should be the same with the returning loan players.

The whole will be greater than the sum of the parts this season and the squad morale and spirit are the most important things by far, if he can't get with that, he needs to go. If other clubs won't take him, he needs to stop fckin about and be the player we need him to be.

This.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Redknapp on Adel on 23:48 - Jul 29 with 1324 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Redknapp on Adel on 23:35 - Jul 29 by Brightonhoop

Interesting that Rednapp has put him back in the potential frame.
And I reckon Liverpool have done us a quiet favour on Remy, who's going to buy him now?
The prospect of Remy and Adel with Austin is a pretty good one, all young, all potential, one thinks he's bigger than the club, another is ft weapon failing to see his career slip away. Plenty of raw material for the Steve Black to work his magic on their.
Get the back four gelling well and we could be deadly.
Potential new era to build a future team around? Maybe. Just maybe.

Would love those 3 to be playing for us regularly next year. Wouldn't necessarily fancy them all playing together though; unless the rest of the team have superhuman stamina or were playing against utter dross

It's got to be Yarg

Redknapp on Adel on 23:51 - Jul 29 with 1328 viewsozexile

Redknapp on Adel on 23:35 - Jul 29 by Brightonhoop

Interesting that Rednapp has put him back in the potential frame.
And I reckon Liverpool have done us a quiet favour on Remy, who's going to buy him now?
The prospect of Remy and Adel with Austin is a pretty good one, all young, all potential, one thinks he's bigger than the club, another is ft weapon failing to see his career slip away. Plenty of raw material for the Steve Black to work his magic on their.
Get the back four gelling well and we could be deadly.
Potential new era to build a future team around? Maybe. Just maybe.

Redknapp is right here. If you give adel special treatment all the time it will totally negate the work Steve black is doing. Adels either in or out.
Redknapp on Adel on 00:03 - Jul 30 with 1308 viewsdaveB

I love Adel, always have always will but Redknapp is right if he can't even get himself fit he is no use to us, we can't make special treatment for him and he'll never get the move he wants until he sorts that out.

I reckon he'll go out on loan again this year
Redknapp on Adel on 00:14 - Jul 30 with 1288 viewsBrixtonR

Redknapp on Adel on 17:34 - Jul 29 by makaveli1882

I would love if my manager at work highlighted my negative aspects to a newspaper and the world wide web which 3 billion people have access too...... great man manager pah!

Whether Adel is fat, lazy, the best thing to ever happen to us, or a mercenary money grabbing money b%stard, the truth is Harry personally doesn't like him and his it in for him ......... I think it reflects badly on our club when he comes up with these statements as he looks like a tw&t ..........plus he is a the biggest liar going

just shut up and keep it internal

Spot on about keeping it internal.

My impression is that the problem with these two is that Redknapp just doesn't like Adel and try's to rub him up the wrong way so Adel plays up to the max to get back at him. Neither has any diplomatic skills or emphatic intelligence when it comes to each other and neither will back down.

Bleedin 'ell it's like Israel and the Palestinians all over again ! Oh dear

Still it's a shame Redknapp can't keep it in house.

But Simmo's right and if on this occasion Redknapp is telling the truth in regard to wanting Adel if was fit then fair enough.

Thing is the club should be putting a massive effort into getting Adel's head right and to train properly. I don't necessarily mean special treatment, just encouraging/working with him to do extra training etc. It wouldn't surprise me if he was being deliberately frozen out.

I agree with whoever said that no one is bigger than the club but I get the impression that Redknapp has been as guilty of that in the past as anyone e.g. putting out stupid teams just to make a point about the squad

Would love it if the two of them could sort things but If Adel really is a write off then H should do all he can get Morrison back.

Van Der Vaart FFSm mind you we'd definitely get Kranjcar back if he heard someone from HAMBURGER SV was joining jokes OHFTN
Redknapp on Adel on 08:20 - Jul 30 with 1170 viewsCHUBBS

Redknap is trying desperately to rebuild a squad to stay up and hasn't the time to be nurturing a seasoned so called professional.
Adel is a fcuking disgrace turning up to pre season training once again in such dreadful condition,this is an athlete we're talking about here.
The least he can do is get fit,the club are paying him an absolute fortune yet he shows a complete lack of pride and should be ashamed of himself.
He's the most naturally gifted player i've ever seen at Rangers and his inability to act like a professional footballer means he'll never fulfill his true potential.
The thing is,if he put the effort in he could be playing for one of the worlds best teams but he's clearly a lazy self obsessed boy who needs the mother of kicks up the ass.
Redknapp on Adel on 08:28 - Jul 30 with 1143 viewsheadhoops

regardless of his past - AT is overweight, disruptive, lazy and not exactly the 'right sort' to have around a group who are no doubt working their nuts off to be fit for the new season. Yes he may have more natural talent but unless his attitude completely changes he's never going to play for us again. I'm on the fence with Harry but I cannot see the down side to his statement. AT is fat and unfit and does it every close season - if I repeat the same mistakes at work my boss tells me. AT needs to shape up then at least we may be able to loan him out and save the wages bill. If AT had Faulins commitment and mentality he would be an awesome player.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Redknapp on Adel on 08:32 - Jul 30 with 1139 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I usually detest managers who are indiscreet to the press as it smaks of self-serving disloyalty on their part, but Redknapp's right on this one. Enough's enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp on Adel on 09:10 - Jul 30 with 1078 viewsPinnerPaul

Redknapp on Adel on 17:34 - Jul 29 by makaveli1882

I would love if my manager at work highlighted my negative aspects to a newspaper and the world wide web which 3 billion people have access too...... great man manager pah!

Whether Adel is fat, lazy, the best thing to ever happen to us, or a mercenary money grabbing money b%stard, the truth is Harry personally doesn't like him and his it in for him ......... I think it reflects badly on our club when he comes up with these statements as he looks like a tw&t ..........plus he is a the biggest liar going

just shut up and keep it internal

Well LVG doesn't seem to agree with that approach - new signing Shaw given the "Adel" treatment by him, but suppose that doesn't fit your anti Harry agenda?
Redknapp on Adel on 09:30 - Jul 30 with 1052 viewsganjR

BTW, when did Adel actually last play a match for us?
Redknapp on Adel on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 1031 viewsdaveB

Redknapp on Adel on 09:30 - Jul 30 by ganjR

BTW, when did Adel actually last play a match for us?

as a sub against Newcastle last home game season before last
Redknapp on Adel on 09:46 - Jul 30 with 1028 viewsganjR

Redknapp on Adel on 09:44 - Jul 30 by daveB

as a sub against Newcastle last home game season before last

Thanks Dave.
Redknapp on Adel on 09:49 - Jul 30 with 1025 views08olesen

Dont think Redknapp has done anything wrong. Either Adel gets fit or he can fark off. Ask yourself the question if he would turn up to milan pre season unfit? Complete lack of respect for the club.

If you look back to him at his best he was nowhere near as big as he is now and so Redknapp has every right to try and encourage him to pull his act together.

This whole issue of players leaving is getting very tiresome, either they commit to the club and put in the shift, or they leave if there is an available buyer, and if there isnt then he can fester in the reserves. No one player is bigger than the club and no special treatment should be made for him. We cannot afford passengers this year!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Redknapp on Adel on 13:53 - Jul 31 with 927 viewsBasingstokeR

Possibly another made up story; I wonder where this guy is getting his information about Adel "going on strike" to force a move...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/31/report-taarabt-desperate-for-return-to
Redknapp on Adel on 14:01 - Jul 31 with 905 viewsTonto

go on stirke? ahhahahahahahahahahahaha

in effect he already is.

but at least it means we can dock him pay if he does!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Redknapp on Adel on 14:13 - Jul 31 with 858 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp on Adel on 00:14 - Jul 30 by BrixtonR

Spot on about keeping it internal.

My impression is that the problem with these two is that Redknapp just doesn't like Adel and try's to rub him up the wrong way so Adel plays up to the max to get back at him. Neither has any diplomatic skills or emphatic intelligence when it comes to each other and neither will back down.

Bleedin 'ell it's like Israel and the Palestinians all over again ! Oh dear

Still it's a shame Redknapp can't keep it in house.

But Simmo's right and if on this occasion Redknapp is telling the truth in regard to wanting Adel if was fit then fair enough.

Thing is the club should be putting a massive effort into getting Adel's head right and to train properly. I don't necessarily mean special treatment, just encouraging/working with him to do extra training etc. It wouldn't surprise me if he was being deliberately frozen out.

I agree with whoever said that no one is bigger than the club but I get the impression that Redknapp has been as guilty of that in the past as anyone e.g. putting out stupid teams just to make a point about the squad

Would love it if the two of them could sort things but If Adel really is a write off then H should do all he can get Morrison back.

Van Der Vaart FFSm mind you we'd definitely get Kranjcar back if he heard someone from HAMBURGER SV was joining jokes OHFTN

Agree, Redknapp may well be 'right', but going public on it is at best naive and at worse either completely stupid or deliberately vindictive.

Either he wants to sell him, in which case, it's probably not a good idea to go on about him being unprofessional as all that's doing is driving the price down, or he wants to keep him (which he obviously doesn't), in which case slagging him off in public is not very smart, however right he might be.

But only journalists and the gullible still toe the line that Redknapp is a great man manager.

Bare bones.

Redknapp on Adel on 14:41 - Jul 31 with 826 viewsrsonist

I have this crackpot theory that Redknapp is sort of the Adel of managers. Old-school individual talent when he's up for it, otherwise you have to put up with him being a massive pain in the backside throwing tantrums, downing tools, gobbing off to the press, never thinking of the good of the team/club .... both fat too.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 14:43]
Redknapp on Adel on 14:43 - Jul 31 with 816 viewsBasingstokeR

Redknapp on Adel on 14:41 - Jul 31 by rsonist

I have this crackpot theory that Redknapp is sort of the Adel of managers. Old-school individual talent when he's up for it, otherwise you have to put up with him being a massive pain in the backside throwing tantrums, downing tools, gobbing off to the press, never thinking of the good of the team/club .... both fat too.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 14:43]

^^^ You might have something here
Redknapp on Adel on 14:58 - Jul 31 with 778 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 14:13 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, Redknapp may well be 'right', but going public on it is at best naive and at worse either completely stupid or deliberately vindictive.

Either he wants to sell him, in which case, it's probably not a good idea to go on about him being unprofessional as all that's doing is driving the price down, or he wants to keep him (which he obviously doesn't), in which case slagging him off in public is not very smart, however right he might be.

But only journalists and the gullible still toe the line that Redknapp is a great man manager.

Its not naive or stupid . To fans for whom Adel can do no wrong he is saying "I cant consider him if he wont get fit ) .to the the rest of the squad he is saying "he wont get special treatment " .

To Adel and his agent he is saying"no one will buy him in this condition" and to TF and Beard he is saying "this is why I need to buy a No 10" .

The best thing Adel can do is get himself in top (top) shape , get himself a move or in our 25 . Get on the bench,come on and change the game . Put pressure on Redknapp to select him .

Both players we have signed so far have said that they had other offers but came to play for Redknapp . Krancjar gave up his World Cup to turn out for him ,

He plays the press like a fish on a hook , and still we take it all as gospel...everytime
Redknapp on Adel on 15:17 - Jul 31 with 746 viewspaulparker

If HR was looking to make a statement about Adel then he should have played him last night at southend and let everybody see how "unfit" he really is,
in the meantime as much as Adel can be a pain in the A rse I would take what Arry says with a large pinch of salt, its pretty obvious HR doesn't like Adel, after all isn't this the manager who portrays himself "to love a maverick"

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Redknapp on Adel on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 733 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp on Adel on 14:58 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

Its not naive or stupid . To fans for whom Adel can do no wrong he is saying "I cant consider him if he wont get fit ) .to the the rest of the squad he is saying "he wont get special treatment " .

To Adel and his agent he is saying"no one will buy him in this condition" and to TF and Beard he is saying "this is why I need to buy a No 10" .

The best thing Adel can do is get himself in top (top) shape , get himself a move or in our 25 . Get on the bench,come on and change the game . Put pressure on Redknapp to select him .

Both players we have signed so far have said that they had other offers but came to play for Redknapp . Krancjar gave up his World Cup to turn out for him ,

He plays the press like a fish on a hook , and still we take it all as gospel...everytime

it's one or the other, essex, sorry. all of what you say is correct - and all of it is better said behind closed doors.

'To Adel and his agent he is saying"no one will buy him in this condition" and to TF and Beard he is saying "this is why I need to buy a No 10" .'

This sort of nonsense should never be done in the press. Sadly, Redknapp makes a habit of it. Remember last summer with his bitching about Wayne Bridge? How did that go? He did the same moaning to make sure he got Rio, too. Profoundly unprofessional man IMO.

Bare bones.

Redknapp on Adel on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 724 viewsdolcelatte

If HR kept it internal and just didn't play him forums would be full of even more threads stating that he doesn't like him and demanding information as to why he's not playing.

Simple fact is regardless of any personal feelings (which by and large are based on people's opinion of HR and no known facts) Adel has yet again turned up overweight at pre season showing no respect for either the club or us, the fans.

Just get yourself fit Adel and go.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Redknapp on Adel on 15:32 - Jul 31 with 721 viewsdaveB

Redknapp on Adel on 13:53 - Jul 31 by BasingstokeR

Possibly another made up story; I wonder where this guy is getting his information about Adel "going on strike" to force a move...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/31/report-taarabt-desperate-for-return-to

why would he go on strike when the club have said he can go? As made up stories go that's a good one
Redknapp on Adel on 15:45 - Jul 31 with 701 viewsJeff

Redknapp on Adel on 13:53 - Jul 31 by BasingstokeR

not quite sure how he plans to 'go on strike' - he's hardly doing much at the moment anyway!

Can we not knock it?

Redknapp on Adel on 15:46 - Jul 31 with 699 viewsadhoc_qpr

Redknapp on Adel on 15:32 - Jul 31 by daveB

why would he go on strike when the club have said he can go? As made up stories go that's a good one

Is this like Joey Barton and Marseille all over again?

Milan are happy to have Adel but only on a free transfer and for a big wage cut, while we not unreasonably want a fee for an asset under contract.

I'm surprised he hasn't gone to one of the UAE teams like Al Ain who pay the likes of Asamoah Gyan big bucks to play a sunday league standard.

Surprised his agent hasn't managed to engineer some kind of move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024