Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp on Adel 16:30 - Jul 29 with 10756 viewsdaveB

Let the he's great no he's crap debate begin again

Hard to have any sympathy for Adel if he can't get himself fit again, real waste of talent.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-harry-redknapp-on-adel-taarabt-f
Redknapp on Adel on 19:41 - Jul 31 with 1539 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 19:23 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

It's about true cause and effect. Look it up. Read about. Freakanomics is an accessible place to start. There are many caused of one result unless you have consistency across every input but chance one and see a chance in result. Hope that addresses your last point.

In terms of analysing his actions, I don't need to be with him all day! Who he signs, how we play, who he starts, his subs, what he says to various media outlets. They're all "actions" of his that I can analyse on an individual basis. Was Maiga a good signing, "no". Was Austin a good signing, "yes". Should we have played with no wingers in a home game, etc, etc.

Of course I can analyse and evaluate that. It's perfectly logical and I'm entitled to an opinion. I don't need to be his body guard. And, in my view, he's made more mistakes than he's got things right. My opinion. Sure you disagree. I believe we went up inspire of him not because of him. I've explained that stance tens of times on here.

Disagree with it, fine. But don't tell me I'm wrong. You can't prove cause and effect, you can merely analyse and speculate on it, like me.

Ha Ha "inspire " .. a Freudian slip To reveal an unconcious thought belief or wish .

Look it up .. Read about it The Pychopathology of Everyday Life is accessible place to start .

No pomposity or patronising intended of course

What classic .... couldnt make it up Cheers
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 19:42]
Redknapp on Adel on 19:49 - Jul 31 with 1507 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 19:41 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

Ha Ha "inspire " .. a Freudian slip To reveal an unconcious thought belief or wish .

Look it up .. Read about it The Pychopathology of Everyday Life is accessible place to start .

No pomposity or patronising intended of course

What classic .... couldnt make it up Cheers
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 19:42]

I'm typing on my iPhone with predictive text, so no "Freudian slip" unfortunately. There's a few. It always prefers "if" to "of" so you see that a bit to. Inspire ... Ha! Just did it then when I tried again. Didn't even offer the alternative, just changed it automatically!

Anyway, feel free to ignore the actual post though and the explanations I gave you.

People who ask questions and then don't listen to the answers....why bother?
Redknapp on Adel on 19:56 - Jul 31 with 1489 viewsbaz_qpr

Redknapp on Adel on 18:05 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

Thought it was quite considered to be honest!

There seems to be this vocal minority who believe that if you don't like Redknapp you want QPR to fail and if QPR do well, it proves Redknapp is great. Both of which are clearly nonsense to anyone with a brain.

We all want us to do well. And whether we do well or not there are many contributing factors.

The only sensible approach is to analyse the actions of HR, not the results of the club. It's with that approach that i don't rate him or like him. But if we do well, great. Quite pleased he's entertaining 3-5-2 (hopefully it will be that, not 5-3-2!) since I'm convinced 3-5-2 beats a 4-2-3-1 all things even and that it'll be the next in vogue formation.

its not 3-5-2 he is entertaining though is it, its 3-4-2-1 or in old fashioned terms 5-4-1 which was played by a number of sides in the world cup
Redknapp on Adel on 20:17 - Jul 31 with 1456 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 19:49 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

I'm typing on my iPhone with predictive text, so no "Freudian slip" unfortunately. There's a few. It always prefers "if" to "of" so you see that a bit to. Inspire ... Ha! Just did it then when I tried again. Didn't even offer the alternative, just changed it automatically!

Anyway, feel free to ignore the actual post though and the explanations I gave you.

People who ask questions and then don't listen to the answers....why bother?

I guessed that ..only joshing a bit .

I read your post and respect your view. I just think we are in as safe a pair of hands as is possible for what we want to achieve this year .. Time will tell I suppose
Redknapp on Adel on 21:43 - Jul 31 with 1358 viewsdaveB

I don't think many like the way Redknapp goes about his job, I can't say I'm a fan of everything he does but over his career he tends to get things right more than he gets it wrong. Last year he put together a side which got promoted in the end, although it was pretty dire to watch most of the season when it came to it in the playoffs he put out a team few of us would have picked (I'm still angry about the 2nd leg team he started with) and it worked in the end.

I think he'll keep us up this season but we'll all spend most of the season moaning about him and wanting someone else as he'll do things that few agree with.

I thought he was pretty fair on Adel, if he doesn't sort himself out he's no hope of getting a move or playing for us so needs to have a look at himself. I expect him to go but I expected Barton to go this time last year as well so who knows.
Redknapp on Adel on 23:25 - Jul 31 with 1262 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 21:43 - Jul 31 by daveB

I don't think many like the way Redknapp goes about his job, I can't say I'm a fan of everything he does but over his career he tends to get things right more than he gets it wrong. Last year he put together a side which got promoted in the end, although it was pretty dire to watch most of the season when it came to it in the playoffs he put out a team few of us would have picked (I'm still angry about the 2nd leg team he started with) and it worked in the end.

I think he'll keep us up this season but we'll all spend most of the season moaning about him and wanting someone else as he'll do things that few agree with.

I thought he was pretty fair on Adel, if he doesn't sort himself out he's no hope of getting a move or playing for us so needs to have a look at himself. I expect him to go but I expected Barton to go this time last year as well so who knows.

Agree about Adel and what he said, albeit it could have been done in private.

I'm a fan of Adel's play, I'd have him back in a heartbeat and I think we're much stronger with him BUT how many years now have we had this summer nonsense about not wanting to be here, turning up unfit to training, bad attitude, etc, etc.

At some point the bloke needs to grow up and shape up. Redknapp is right. The ball is in Adel's court. The change needs to come from him. If we don't see that this time, it's time to just move on.

I really pray we do though. I'm convinced he has it in him to tear the league up.
Redknapp on Adel on 23:37 - Jul 31 with 1248 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 19:56 - Jul 31 by baz_qpr

its not 3-5-2 he is entertaining though is it, its 3-4-2-1 or in old fashioned terms 5-4-1 which was played by a number of sides in the world cup

Good point, Baz. You're right there is a difference.

I think 3-4-2-1 would be a bit of a disaster because those '2' are neither wide so you don't have true width nor are they CMs so you only have 2 CMs and can promptly get overrun there.

The beauty of 3-5-2 against a 4-2-3-1, is you have 3CBs on the 1CF and 1CAM, so have one spare. Your wing backs, cover the wide plays in the '3', this then leaves you a man up in CM and with 2 strikers against their 2CBs, so a straight shoot out. Admittedly you could get doubled up on wide BUT that's where the spare CM is responsible for shifting sideways and supporting the full back. What you've effectively done is jettison the 'extra' wide on the opposite flank for a 2nd striker. You are open to a big switch ball, but if we're forcing Prem sides to resort to 50yard passes to break us down, things are going well!

3-4-2-1 will mean we're very narrow going forward AND we'll have Austin isolated up top.

My view anyway.

Green
Onouha Rio Caulker
Simpson Traore
Barton AN OTHER Faurlin
Austin AN OTHER

Faurlin sand Barton sit and support their full back when we're defending. The 3rd CM is the legs up and down. You always have an outlet with two forwards. One can play off Austin slightly or both as genuine CFs.
Redknapp on Adel on 00:17 - Aug 1 with 1233 viewsRangersAreBack

Redknapp on Adel on 19:23 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

It's about true cause and effect. Look it up. Read about. Freakanomics is an accessible place to start. There are many caused of one result unless you have consistency across every input but chance one and see a chance in result. Hope that addresses your last point.

In terms of analysing his actions, I don't need to be with him all day! Who he signs, how we play, who he starts, his subs, what he says to various media outlets. They're all "actions" of his that I can analyse on an individual basis. Was Maiga a good signing, "no". Was Austin a good signing, "yes". Should we have played with no wingers in a home game, etc, etc.

Of course I can analyse and evaluate that. It's perfectly logical and I'm entitled to an opinion. I don't need to be his body guard. And, in my view, he's made more mistakes than he's got things right. My opinion. Sure you disagree. I believe we went up inspire of him not because of him. I've explained that stance tens of times on here.

Disagree with it, fine. But don't tell me I'm wrong. You can't prove cause and effect, you can merely analyse and speculate on it, like me.

I totally agree that we don't have to be in someone's company to be in a position to evaluate their performance. By aggregating, analysing and evaluating information one should be able to make a reasonable judgment.

However I find it odd that some on this board feel that Harry has generally performed badly (even though he revamped a terrible squad, re-built team spirit and got us promoted outwitting the messiah Steve McClaren in the process) yet Tony can do no wrong (even though it's mostly talk).

Going back to Adel, I really hope he grows up, knuckles down and finally does his talent justice.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 0:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp on Adel on 09:58 - Aug 1 with 1135 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 00:17 - Aug 1 by RangersAreBack

I totally agree that we don't have to be in someone's company to be in a position to evaluate their performance. By aggregating, analysing and evaluating information one should be able to make a reasonable judgment.

However I find it odd that some on this board feel that Harry has generally performed badly (even though he revamped a terrible squad, re-built team spirit and got us promoted outwitting the messiah Steve McClaren in the process) yet Tony can do no wrong (even though it's mostly talk).

Going back to Adel, I really hope he grows up, knuckles down and finally does his talent justice.

Agree about Tony. I certainly don't think he can do/has done no wrong!

We'll see about Adel, share yours and others frustrations. Hope he sorts his mind/attitude out but doubt he will.

Oh, and I'm not sure Redknapp "outwitted" McClaren, we wouldn't have won that game 99 times out of 100 after that sending off! Still, wonderful we did.
Redknapp on Adel on 10:07 - Aug 1 with 1115 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp on Adel on 00:17 - Aug 1 by RangersAreBack

Would love to know how Redknapp 'outwitted' McClaren. HR picked a terrible first XI, was let off the hook slightly by Niko mercifully going off so we could have a bit of pace in the side, and then as he was about to sub Hoilett, Clint Hill 'encouraged' him to do something different - which was eventually the decision that ended up winning us the game.

I don't think McClaren is any kind of Messiah either - but he got a Derby side on a fraction of the budget we had to play much better, more attacking football and comfortably finished above us. Glad we won in the end, but I'm not about to hail Redknapp as some kind of genius for it.

Bare bones.

Redknapp on Adel on 10:12 - Aug 1 with 1096 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 10:07 - Aug 1 by Antti_Heinola

Would love to know how Redknapp 'outwitted' McClaren. HR picked a terrible first XI, was let off the hook slightly by Niko mercifully going off so we could have a bit of pace in the side, and then as he was about to sub Hoilett, Clint Hill 'encouraged' him to do something different - which was eventually the decision that ended up winning us the game.

I don't think McClaren is any kind of Messiah either - but he got a Derby side on a fraction of the budget we had to play much better, more attacking football and comfortably finished above us. Glad we won in the end, but I'm not about to hail Redknapp as some kind of genius for it.

This ^^^^.

It was beautiful to watch. A Carlsberg final all day long but you have serious denial issues if you think H outwitted SM that day. HE was like a rabbit in the headlights. Like a Deputy Dawg sort of rabbit in the headlights.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 10:19]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Redknapp on Adel on 10:14 - Aug 1 with 1095 viewsadhoc_qpr

Also McClaren has managed to convince both Bryson and Will Hughes to turn their noses up at prem offers and sign new contracts - no mean feat these days!
Redknapp on Adel on 10:25 - Aug 1 with 1074 viewspaulparker

Don't forget the stupid team he started with in the 2nd leg of the play off against Wigan either, Doyle on the wing FFS,
getting back to Adel I hope he starts in Ireland and puts in some good performances
forget Morrison and Niko ( he gave up his World cup place for us you know)
those two aren't good enough to ties his shoelaces,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Redknapp on Adel on 10:34 - Aug 1 with 1057 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 10:25 - Aug 1 by paulparker

Don't forget the stupid team he started with in the 2nd leg of the play off against Wigan either, Doyle on the wing FFS,
getting back to Adel I hope he starts in Ireland and puts in some good performances
forget Morrison and Niko ( he gave up his World cup place for us you know)
those two aren't good enough to ties his shoelaces,

That team selection for Wigan even made DaveB angry.Still does I think.
And like someone said ( it might even of been you) Niko didnt give up his place ,he was unfit, so he got injured. Double standards about fitness with regards to Adel and Niko.
Niko can waddle on like a pre civil war dandy but Adel has to have abs like Donnie fecking whatisname..

Redknapp on Adel on 10:41 - Aug 1 with 1043 viewsPinnerPaul

Redknapp on Adel on 10:12 - Aug 1 by Pommyhoop

This ^^^^.

It was beautiful to watch. A Carlsberg final all day long but you have serious denial issues if you think H outwitted SM that day. HE was like a rabbit in the headlights. Like a Deputy Dawg sort of rabbit in the headlights.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 10:19]

Hmmmmmmmm - as Clive pointed out in his excellent match report - SMC made a few mistakes on the day, inc bringing Bamford on far too late.

Imagine the positions being reversed and it was us who failed to score against 10 men , would you all be saying Harry was "unlucky" ........I very much doubt it!!!!!!!
Redknapp on Adel on 10:45 - Aug 1 with 1030 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 10:41 - Aug 1 by PinnerPaul

Hmmmmmmmm - as Clive pointed out in his excellent match report - SMC made a few mistakes on the day, inc bringing Bamford on far too late.

Imagine the positions being reversed and it was us who failed to score against 10 men , would you all be saying Harry was "unlucky" ........I very much doubt it!!!!!!!

Yeah ok but thank f'ck for Clint's honesty and tactical nous eh?

Redknapp on Adel on 10:50 - Aug 1 with 1022 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 10:45 - Aug 1 by Pommyhoop

Yeah ok but thank f'ck for Clint's honesty and tactical nous eh?

Fairplay to H tho. A more assured ,arrogant manager would've overuled Clint that day and history would've been different. At least he realised he was like a rabbit and grabbed that help when it was offered.

Redknapp on Adel on 11:01 - Aug 1 with 1001 viewspaulparker

Redknapp on Adel on 10:34 - Aug 1 by Pommyhoop

And like someone said ( it might even of been you) Niko didnt give up his place ,he was unfit, so he got injured. Double standards about fitness with regards to Adel and Niko.
Niko can waddle on like a pre civil war dandy but Adel has to have abs like Donnie fecking whatisname..

Spot on Pom, Niko wasn't match fit all year and & by the looks of it he even had to borrow razor ruddocks old shorts , like I said on another thread he didn't give up his World cup place by playing for us, he lost it because he was unfit & got injured
and if it wasn't for us he wouldn't have got near it anyway as he was languishing away in the Ukraine
pure & simple Arry doesn't like Adel it goes back to the spurs days ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Redknapp on Adel on 11:30 - Aug 1 with 952 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 11:01 - Aug 1 by paulparker

Spot on Pom, Niko wasn't match fit all year and & by the looks of it he even had to borrow razor ruddocks old shorts , like I said on another thread he didn't give up his World cup place by playing for us, he lost it because he was unfit & got injured
and if it wasn't for us he wouldn't have got near it anyway as he was languishing away in the Ukraine
pure & simple Arry doesn't like Adel it goes back to the spurs days ,

Your last few words of that post .A perfect epitaph to his QPR career.
''it goes back to the spurs days''

You wait till 3 minutes before deadline.
Levy's gonna dump em . I'm telling ya.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 11:32]

Redknapp on Adel on 12:23 - Aug 1 with 904 viewsR_from_afar

Redknapp on Adel on 10:34 - Aug 1 by Pommyhoop

You make a good point about double standards in relation to Niko's fitness.

The thing is, though, Adel has attitude problems in addition to fitness ones....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Redknapp on Adel on 12:29 - Aug 1 with 890 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 12:23 - Aug 1 by R_from_afar

You make a good point about double standards in relation to Niko's fitness.

The thing is, though, Adel has attitude problems in addition to fitness ones....

RFA

Enter Steve Black stage left.
Come on remember Joey's tweets??

Redknapp on Adel on 12:54 - Aug 1 with 838 viewsdaveB

Redknapp on Adel on 23:37 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

Good point, Baz. You're right there is a difference.

I think 3-4-2-1 would be a bit of a disaster because those '2' are neither wide so you don't have true width nor are they CMs so you only have 2 CMs and can promptly get overrun there.

The beauty of 3-5-2 against a 4-2-3-1, is you have 3CBs on the 1CF and 1CAM, so have one spare. Your wing backs, cover the wide plays in the '3', this then leaves you a man up in CM and with 2 strikers against their 2CBs, so a straight shoot out. Admittedly you could get doubled up on wide BUT that's where the spare CM is responsible for shifting sideways and supporting the full back. What you've effectively done is jettison the 'extra' wide on the opposite flank for a 2nd striker. You are open to a big switch ball, but if we're forcing Prem sides to resort to 50yard passes to break us down, things are going well!

3-4-2-1 will mean we're very narrow going forward AND we'll have Austin isolated up top.

My view anyway.

Green
Onouha Rio Caulker
Simpson Traore
Barton AN OTHER Faurlin
Austin AN OTHER

Faurlin sand Barton sit and support their full back when we're defending. The 3rd CM is the legs up and down. You always have an outlet with two forwards. One can play off Austin slightly or both as genuine CFs.

That's why I was excited about the Glenn Hoddle rumour, I think he could come in and make it work, I'm not so sure it will work with Harry judging by how we played 3 at the back last season
Redknapp on Adel on 13:02 - Aug 1 with 822 viewspaulparker

Redknapp on Adel on 12:54 - Aug 1 by daveB

That's why I was excited about the Glenn Hoddle rumour, I think he could come in and make it work, I'm not so sure it will work with Harry judging by how we played 3 at the back last season

Not often I agree with you Dave , but I think Hoddle would be an excellent addition to the coaching team, Hoddles teams always played 3-5-2 system with a ball playing sweeper so who better to have us coaching it
im no HR fan but I will give him credit where its due in the fact he isn't afraid to get named coaches in who are better than him to Assist

Redknapp on Adel on 13:36 - Aug 1 with 792 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Redknapp on Adel on 13:44 - Aug 1 with 784 viewsimustbemad

Redknapp on Adel on 13:36 - Aug 1 by Nov77

He/we needs to Adel fit so we can sell him. Will be harder to shift if he is unfit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024