Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arlesey v QPR U21 Saturday 2nd 09:17 - Jul 30 with 1630 viewsWalnut

For anyone going to (Rufus Brevitt managed) Arlesey on Saturday, I'll chuck some travel tips on here later (used to live there)
Arlesey v QPR U21 Saturday 2nd - Travel info on 16:56 - Jul 30 with 1560 viewsWalnut

Whilst the first team are in Ireland, the U21s are at Arlesey, managed by Rufus Brevitt, on Saturday. A few pointers for anyone fancying the trip, though be warned, I write these notes as a former resident & to hell with full on research! I'll mainly concentrate on rail travel though if coming by car, you want J10 of the A1, then follow the A507 west / signs / your SatNav. If coming from the south, a SatNav may take you off at J9 & through Letchworth. Arlesey station is on the KX to Peterborough line served by 2 trains an hour, one slow, one quicker (stops Finsbury Park THEN Stevenage) given the choice jump on this one. If coming from the south, cross the bridge once off the train. The key point about Arlesey staion is, it's 2 miles walk to the ground and as far as I know, there's no taxi rank at the station. Walk up Station road & at the Old Oak pub, turn right & keep walking. Alternatively, there's a bus-stop a tad beyond the pub (you need the other side of the road to the pub), but as for times, google is your friend. If you don't fancy the walk or randomness of the buses, I'D SUGGEST USING LETCHWORTH STATION INSTEAD. This is three miles away but has a busy taxi rank outside. Just to complicate matters, Arlesey & Letchworth are on different lines, Arlesey is KX to Peterborough & Letchworth is KX to Cambridge. The line splits at Hitchin and these stations are the first on each line after the split (basically you can wait at KX or Hitchin for your preferred train).
OK, just to teach those going by train to suck eggs..
Arlesey station i) 2 mile walk, passing three maybe four pubs ii) No taxis here but you could use yer phones to find a local firm to meet you at the station iii) walk 100 yds to the Old Oak pub & ask in there for a cab number iv) buses from just beyond the Old Oak pub (toward Letchworth or Hitchin, not Stotfold)
Letchworth station, cab rank outside - if you're there early, Hogshead pub opposite the station plus two or three others dotted about town.
Arlesey FC also has a social club/bar but not sure if you can use it before paying to get in the ground. Complicated enough? Anyone with any better local knowledge, please wade in. Good luck......
Arlesey v QPR U21 Saturday 2nd on 12:57 - Aug 1 with 1474 viewsWalnut

Nudge to the top for those still considering going......
Arlesey v QPR U21 Saturday 2nd on 16:04 - Aug 2 with 1413 viewsWalnut

Ht 0 3 up
Arlesey v QPR U21 Saturday 2nd on 17:44 - Aug 2 with 1332 viewsganjR

Anyone got full time score/scorers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024