Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mauricio isla 09:46 - Jul 30 with 19926 viewsconnell10

Having med is what im hearing! Could be b.s just passing on!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

mauricio isla on 09:49 - Jul 30 with 6577 viewspaulparker

If he is the lad at Juventus then he would be a good signing, can play right back or Midfield ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

mauricio isla on 09:51 - Jul 30 with 6545 viewsWestminsteRs

with whom is he having a medical?
mauricio isla on 09:55 - Jul 30 with 6509 viewseghamranger

mauricio isla on 09:51 - Jul 30 by WestminsteRs

with whom is he having a medical?

Another right back!!!!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 9:59]
mauricio isla on 10:00 - Jul 30 with 6446 viewsTacticalR

I thought this was one of those holiday destination threads.

Air hostess clique

mauricio isla on 10:08 - Jul 30 with 6380 views08olesen

mauricio isla on 09:55 - Jul 30 by eghamranger

Another right back!!!!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 9:59]

Need another one badly, if simpson gets injured we are down to Harriman! He can also play defensive RM, which could be handy. Just from watching videos of him, you can see he crosses the ball well, which is probably why Harry is getting him in, Danny isnt the best crosser of the ball which is needed for this new formation.

Poll: Who will the other play off

mauricio isla on 10:10 - Jul 30 with 6365 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 10:08 - Jul 30 by 08olesen

Need another one badly, if simpson gets injured we are down to Harriman! He can also play defensive RM, which could be handy. Just from watching videos of him, you can see he crosses the ball well, which is probably why Harry is getting him in, Danny isnt the best crosser of the ball which is needed for this new formation.

We are fine for right backs.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

mauricio isla on 10:14 - Jul 30 with 6308 viewsconnell10

Im not saying this is gospel lads, it could be b.s. But the geezer called dunne, doyle and simpson correct so it could be a goer!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

mauricio isla on 10:23 - Jul 30 with 6238 viewsHAYESBOY

A very good player. Can play centre mid but normally a right winger.

Juve paid near £12m for him 2 years ago. Maybe contract is up next year.

Wouild be a good addition IMO.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

mauricio isla on 10:27 - Jul 30 with 6198 viewsBrianMcCarthy

mauricio isla on 10:00 - Jul 30 by TacticalR

Tactical, you do make me laugh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

mauricio isla on 10:37 - Jul 30 with 6100 viewsHollowayRanger

mauricio isla on 10:10 - Jul 30 by simmo

We are fine for right backs.

we have simpson ,onough harriman

so thats

a championship a centreback and a kid

we need better

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

mauricio isla on 10:45 - Jul 30 with 6051 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 10:37 - Jul 30 by HollowayRanger

we have simpson ,onough harriman

so thats

a championship a centreback and a kid

we need better

Everyone always says we need 'better', all the time. That was our mantra last time, when we won 4 fcking games all year.

We have Simpson who should be first choice no matter what. If for some reason he is out, we have Harriman to cover until Simpson is good to return. If we are extremely unlucky we have other more desperate options to cover, including Barton, SWP at RWB or Onouha at RB. If this Isla guy can play a number of positions, great, bring him in. But if we are signing someone to replace Simpson then we are doing things wrong.

Why don't we just concentrate on the areas where we don't have any 1st or 2nd choice options and leave the rest alone.

mauricio isla on 11:00 - Jul 30 with 5916 viewsrsonist

Agree. I dont see the right side as a priority position at all. Simpson's done very well for us and deserves to be stuck with on principle regardless of who else might become available. We're not talking about a Gary O'Neil pointless charity case here, Simpson has a lot of worthwhile attributes for a wing back role, it's only crossing and experience in the position he really lacks for. Shame HR probably thinks crossing is some innate God-given talent that can't be improved upon on the training ground.
mauricio isla on 11:13 - Jul 30 with 5787 viewsDevonWhite

Agree it's not a position we need, but can't see it happening. Bigger clubs are in for him. Is there any source for this rumour whatsoever?
mauricio isla on 11:14 - Jul 30 with 5785 viewsRanger78

mauricio isla on 10:45 - Jul 30 by simmo

Everyone always says we need 'better', all the time. That was our mantra last time, when we won 4 fcking games all year.

We have Simpson who should be first choice no matter what. If for some reason he is out, we have Harriman to cover until Simpson is good to return. If we are extremely unlucky we have other more desperate options to cover, including Barton, SWP at RWB or Onouha at RB. If this Isla guy can play a number of positions, great, bring him in. But if we are signing someone to replace Simpson then we are doing things wrong.

Why don't we just concentrate on the areas where we don't have any 1st or 2nd choice options and leave the rest alone.

Spot on.

I do think this guy can play a number of positions but is Right Back by trade

Would make better sense to focus on critical areas
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 11:14]
mauricio isla on 11:18 - Jul 30 with 5742 viewsLofthope

mauricio isla on 10:00 - Jul 30 by TacticalR

well it is somewhere in the 'med' according to the original post.
mauricio isla on 11:21 - Jul 30 with 5716 viewsNorthernr

mauricio isla on 10:08 - Jul 30 by 08olesen

Out of interest, is there a position on the field that you don't think we're "badly" in need of half a dozen new signings for?
mauricio isla on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 5687 viewsLoft1979

mauricio isla on 10:45 - Jul 30 by simmo

All you need to do as look at how we did with Simpson out last year. We felt that lost considerably. His play at Wembley was stellar. We may have no other choice than Onouha as cover.
mauricio isla on 11:26 - Jul 30 with 5670 viewshoof_hearted

mauricio isla on 11:21 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Out of interest, is there a position on the field that you don't think we're "badly" in need of half a dozen new signings for?

I think we're in agreement that we're okay for sports psychologists. Although maybe a shaman would help?
mauricio isla on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 5608 viewsWestbourneR

Be amazed if we get Isla he's a big player, very good player. I thought he was key at Juve.

But this does feel like a Harry signing. Hope it happens

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

mauricio isla on 11:44 - Jul 30 with 5563 viewssimmo

mauricio isla on 11:24 - Jul 30 by Loft1979

All you need to do as look at how we did with Simpson out last year. We felt that lost considerably. His play at Wembley was stellar. We may have no other choice than Onouha as cover.

If we had Harriman as an option while he was out, the loss would not have been felt so keenly.

At the moment we have

no 2nd choice striker that can do 90mins
No advanced/forward thinking central midfielder
No box to box goal scoring central midfielder

Let's get those sorted as a priority and leave the rest. It will save us money, relationships and you never know, we might find that we already own somebody that can do a job we apparently need a new player for.

mauricio isla on 11:49 - Jul 30 with 5524 viewsQPR_Jim

mauricio isla on 11:24 - Jul 30 by Loft1979

No other choice than onouha, Harriman and possibly Phillips or Swp if we're playing with wing backs. That's our only four choices.

I.don't mind them getting this lad if he's going to add something and is reasonably priced, but we're not desperate.
mauricio isla on 11:51 - Jul 30 with 5517 viewsessextaxiboy

mauricio isla on 11:44 - Jul 30 by simmo

If we had Harriman as an option while he was out, the loss would not have been felt so keenly.

At the moment we have

no 2nd choice striker that can do 90mins
No advanced/forward thinking central midfielder
No box to box goal scoring central midfielder

Let's get those sorted as a priority and leave the rest. It will save us money, relationships and you never know, we might find that we already own somebody that can do a job we apparently need a new player for.

True Harriman would have been fine last year to deputise for Simpson but he has just one dead rubber game to his name in the Prem .

If we are going to play 3 at the back maybe Redknapp thinks he need cover to play that way .
mauricio isla on 11:52 - Jul 30 with 5505 viewsjohnhoop

Agree totally that full backs aren't a priority and also concerned about the effect it may have on the much vaunted "Band of Brothers" mentality if a key member of that group in Danny Simpson is effectively marginalized for no good reason. It's a bit like buying Julio Cesar when we already had Rob Green.
mauricio isla on 11:52 - Jul 30 with 5501 viewsballbag

mauricio isla on 11:26 - Jul 30 by hoof_hearted

I think we're in agreement that we're okay for sports psychologists. Although maybe a shaman would help?

Apparently we're in talks with an ex-Mongolian international shaman.

Right age, right sort.

First job is to exorcise Adel's kebab demons.
mauricio isla on 11:55 - Jul 30 with 5475 viewsdaveB

I've no idea if this bloke is any good or not but if Redknapp wants him it must be for a reason. Harriman is never going to be our back up right back, he'll go out on loan again.

Maybe he is going to be a right wing back with Simpson as back up or play in central midfield. Who knows but I am sure we are looking at all areas of the team. I know it's fun to worry about it all but I'd wait and see what we end up with before getting angry about it all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024