Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy, is he or isn't he? 10:43 - Jul 30 with 3786 viewswarwickhoop

HR should write down, or record all that he says to stop himself from continually contradicting his last statement!
"His (Remy) fitness has never been in doubt. You won't find a fitter lad"
"Charlie is our only fit striker, we've got no-one else who can play up front "
Remy should have been back days ago, failed Medical doesn't give you another week off flight back and return to training.
So either he is the fittest lad and ergo should be in tonight's line up or he is not fit and Liverpool were right to be cautious .
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 3779 viewsJonDoeman

Difference in being fit & match fit ?

It Is What It Is !!

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 3781 viewsMaggsinho

He's not back at the club yet - returns on Monday after the World Cup and an extended break.
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:46 - Jul 30 with 3762 viewsdaveB

Funny how Yun doesn't get the same stick for having an extended break after the World Cup.
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:47 - Jul 30 with 3749 viewswarwickhoop

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:44 - Jul 30 by JonDoeman

Difference in being fit & match fit ?

Granted, but how do you get match fit if you don't play in matches?
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:53 - Jul 30 with 3696 viewsLoft1979

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:47 - Jul 30 by warwickhoop

Granted, but how do you get match fit if you don't play in matches?

he did. World cup.
I doubt he needs much 'fitness' training. He would be the fastest man in Harlington straight off the bus. I think he just needs a good reason to stay on and sweeten his value.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 10:54]
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:56 - Jul 30 with 3678 viewswarwickhoop

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:46 - Jul 30 by daveB

Funny how Yun doesn't get the same stick for having an extended break after the World Cup.

Not having a go at Remy, purely the situation we find ourselves in.
We are going to have new players with only one opportunity to play together before KO, and that depends on them all be signed sealed and delivered before PAOK, in addition, we actually have players, Remy, who are ours and in the same situation.
If Yun isn't back either then it really is a bit if a shambles. Potential first teamers who do not play or train with the team in pre-season...
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:03 - Jul 30 with 3640 viewsHayesender

Another shambles of a pre-season.

We never seem to learn

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:03 - Jul 30 with 3640 viewsMaggsinho

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 10:56 - Jul 30 by warwickhoop

Not having a go at Remy, purely the situation we find ourselves in.
We are going to have new players with only one opportunity to play together before KO, and that depends on them all be signed sealed and delivered before PAOK, in addition, we actually have players, Remy, who are ours and in the same situation.
If Yun isn't back either then it really is a bit if a shambles. Potential first teamers who do not play or train with the team in pre-season...

I think Yun is back, Remy was given extra time off after playing in the knockout stages.

Regardless, how is it a shambles? We've followed a standard practices to give players in the World Cup a couple of extra weeks off after they've spent time training and playing in Brazil when the rest of the team were lying on a beach somewhere.

The club presumably expected Remy to have gone by now anyway so it would have been a moot point.
Login to get fewer ads

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:14 - Jul 30 with 3583 viewsHayesender

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:03 - Jul 30 by Maggsinho

I think Yun is back, Remy was given extra time off after playing in the knockout stages.

Regardless, how is it a shambles? We've followed a standard practices to give players in the World Cup a couple of extra weeks off after they've spent time training and playing in Brazil when the rest of the team were lying on a beach somewhere.

The club presumably expected Remy to have gone by now anyway so it would have been a moot point.

So far we've signed Caulker (good signing) and an ageing injury prone Rio Ferdinand.

The season is less than three weeks away!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:34 - Jul 30 with 3540 viewsPinnerPaul

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:14 - Jul 30 by Hayesender

So far we've signed Caulker (good signing) and an ageing injury prone Rio Ferdinand.

So everyone who signs anyone after today - and there will be plenty - are also shambolic then?!
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:40 - Jul 30 with 3506 viewsdaveB

how many pre season games did Joey Barton start last season? He wasn't even part of the two tours we went on and was ok in the end
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:44 - Jul 30 with 3493 viewsessextaxiboy

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:14 - Jul 30 by Hayesender

True but its not a shambles is it ?
A lot of teams doing some brinksmanship and we have a couple of players coming off loans Adel and Remy who if they commit (and get fit) will be like new signings.

They said at the fans forum that they had 30-40 targets depending on what division we ended up in . We went up via the playoffs so didnt know that until late.

Only Liverpool and Hull have really got the deals done early and they both have early European games.

We have got Steve Black on board early and he has said that he works hard to integrate new arrivals .

Holtby , Morrison , Deeny, deals like that are going to take time and no doubt there will be some debatable ones like Ronaldhino and E'to .
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 3441 viewsLoft1979

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:44 - Jul 30 by essextaxiboy

A lot of teams doing some brinksmanship and we have a couple of players coming off loans Adel and Remy who if they commit (and get fit) will be like new signings.

They said at the fans forum that they had 30-40 targets depending on what division we ended up in . We went up via the playoffs so didnt know that until late.

Only Liverpool and Hull have really got the deals done early and they both have early European games.

We have got Steve Black on board early and he has said that he works hard to integrate new arrivals .

Holtby , Morrison , Deeny, deals like that are going to take time and no doubt there will be some debatable ones like Ronaldhino and E'to .

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/391710/Liverpool-could-go-back-in-for-
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 13:31 - Jul 30 with 3319 viewswarwickhoop

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:44 - Jul 30 by essextaxiboy

Only Liverpool and Hull? Really?
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/summer-transfer-window-2014
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 13:32]
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 13:44 - Jul 30 with 3277 viewswarwickhoop

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 11:03 - Jul 30 by Maggsinho

Which only illustrates further the failings.
If Remy was as you say "moot" then surely everything should have been done to secure a striker at the earliest opportunity. I don't mean by that have our pants pulled down, but we were found wanting in the Championship with just Chaz pulling his weight, win promotion to the premier league and charge forward with.... Chaz. Brilliant, definitely a sign that we are in total control of our squad additions.
Our season ended 9 weeks ago, three weeks left, no hard evidence of any striking additions.
I admire your faith, and I am not generally one to get involved in semantics and opinion bias, I am not disheartened or unhappy. Just wish the club at least appeared to have definitive decisions made, the strikers we have been reportedly interested in aren't of the same irk, so is it striker for strikers sake, or a real idea of what is needed and wanted?
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 3250 viewsEastR

if evidence was ever needed that the world is going soft, this thread would be it.
Drama Queens Park Rangers.
I'd hate to depend on some of you lot in a real crisis.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 13:59 - Jul 30 with 3224 viewswarwickhoop

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 13:50 - Jul 30 by EastR

if evidence was ever needed that the world is going soft, this thread would be it.
Drama Queens Park Rangers.
I'd hate to depend on some of you lot in a real crisis.

So the assumption would be that you only ever post when lives depend on it? It's a forum , about football where people discuss ideas and concerns.
I think you meant to log on to www.unitednations.com
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 14:21 - Jul 30 with 3140 viewsTW_R

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 13:59 - Jul 30 by warwickhoop

So the assumption would be that you only ever post when lives depend on it? It's a forum , about football where people discuss ideas and concerns.
I think you meant to log on to www.unitednations.com

No. The assumption should be to look at past transfer windows and see how clubs coming from the Championship via the play-offs have fared.

The assumption should also be made based on the fact there is still a full month before the transfer window closes and it could perhaps be possible that some players have more than one offer on the table or they are happy to bide their time to make a decision on where they want to play.

Another assumption could be that as there's nothing you or any of us can do about it, the best course of action is to wait and see what happens instead of making random statements about our failings when:-

1) You have absolutely no idea who we're talking to and how far those conversations have gone.

2) Remy looked like he was going to leave and had pretty much signed on the dotted line. We had no control over that. How could we have predicted it?
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:20 - Jul 30 with 3057 viewsNorthernr

I don't think Derby will be able to live with him, could be the difference at wembley.
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:31 - Jul 30 with 3017 viewsTW_R

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:20 - Jul 30 by Northernr

I don't think Derby will be able to live with him, could be the difference at wembley.

I wouldn't have thought so. Taraabt won't ever pass him the ball. Not only that, Derby are so f*cking good they'll completely annihilate us. It could be a bloodbath. I can see them scoring 6 or 7.
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:32 - Jul 30 with 3011 viewsdaveB

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:31 - Jul 30 by TW_R

I wouldn't have thought so. Taraabt won't ever pass him the ball. Not only that, Derby are so f*cking good they'll completely annihilate us. It could be a bloodbath. I can see them scoring 6 or 7.

agree it's going to be humiliating, they are so much better than us, 4 or 5 at least
Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:53 - Jul 30 with 2969 viewsEastR

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:20 - Jul 30 by Northernr

The French FA won't release him early knowing our luck and then we'll be relying on that crock BZ

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 16:05 - Jul 30 with 2947 viewsJonDoeman

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 15:31 - Jul 30 by TW_R

Yep, could get messy!

It Is What It Is !!

Remy, is he or isn't he? on 17:16 - Jul 30 with 2884 viewskensalriser

Derby aren't as good as Hull, who after their mega squad strengthening are at least Champions League qualifying material this year. We'll be lucky to get zero against their 6.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024