Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lesson from the North East... 14:07 - Jul 30 with 2359 viewsHadders

I just read about how Sunderland fans, on a forum like this, suggested raising a few quid to buy some flowers for the two Newcastle fans who died on the plane shot down over Ukraine recently, and ended up raising over 20 000 pounds. This is a massive credit to them, and serves as a reminder that football banter should be just that, and not something any decent person with half a brain takes seriously. Yet so many fans seem to pride themselves on the intensity of their hatred, in our case for Chelsea, as if behaving like a red faced, hate-filled sectarian lunatic in Glasgow or Belfast is something to be proud of.

Just as it is possible to be patriotic without belittling or hating any other country, I see no reason why you can`t be a passionate fan without hating anyone. Obviously when we play our rivals, we want to make a lot of noise, beat them and crow about it - nothing wrong with that. But it is, equally obviously, incredibly stupid to refer to all Chelsea fans (or fans of any other team) as "scum" and actually mean it; I know several longstanding Chelsea fans who are the loveliest people you could ever meet, and I`ve seen a few Rangers fans over the years who are deeply unpleasant, as you would expect. Lastly, if everyone associated with Chelsea is labelled "scum" (until the moment they come to us, of course), what words do you use to describe Jimmy Saville or Bashir Assad?

Unless every single Chelsea fan raped your mother. Then hate them all, sure:

[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 15:15]
A lesson from the North East... on 14:19 - Jul 30 with 2275 viewsScubaHoop

I think I'd call them Chelsea fans.
A lesson from the North East... on 14:50 - Jul 30 with 2175 viewsKonk

At the age of 38, for only the second time in my life, I met a Chelsea fan I liked. He's a lovely bloke and he even shares a lot of my views on CFC and the legions of divs that follow them. This has turned my world upside down. This and them winning the CL mean that today, I find myself not getting apoplectic every time I see or hear anything about them, and not getting angry, upset and depressed whenever they spawn some other win in a big game. The dirty truth is that having a likable Chelsea fan in my life has made me a happier person. I should add that he's from Fulham and from a mixed FFC/CFC family, so that's probably half of it - it's always the knobs from the Home Counties/South London who tend to annoy me the most.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

A lesson from the North East... on 14:53 - Jul 30 with 2153 viewssimmo

Love Louis CK

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

A lesson from the North East... on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 2146 viewsMytch_QPR

A lesson from the North East... on 14:19 - Jul 30 by ScubaHoop

I think I'd call them Chelsea fans.

Good point well made. We may dislike Chelsea as a club but every individual deserves respect (until they prove otherwise!)
The Glasgow clubs are a good example - I'm sure Celtic fans were initially delighted by the demise of Rangers, until they looked at the fixture list and realised that there was no derby game.
It's a love / hate thing - we all look for the Chelsea games as soon as the fixtures are available and look forward to it in the hope we can turn them over again.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

A lesson from the North East... on 15:05 - Jul 30 with 2094 viewspaulparker

No Doubt a fantastic Gesture on the Part of Sunderland fans, but this wont last to long
both sides hate each other with a passion, loads of clashes in the past and future
Sunderland with more hate than the Mags IMHO
its a bit like the 1st world war when the Germans came over the trenches to play football, the guns were stopped for a day then all out war again
I myself have never met a "decent Chelsea fan " and for me I hate that club with a passion and what they stood and still stand for (that's not meant to mean I want anyone Chelsea fan blown out the sky BTW )
When they come to HQ I hope they get the same treatment as they did last time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A lesson from the North East... on 15:08 - Jul 30 with 2073 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I have always believed that every Chelsea fan should be treated with repect and tolerance. Unless they come from Tipperary. Obviously.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A lesson from the North East... on 15:10 - Jul 30 with 2064 viewsQPunkR

"I know several longstanding Chelsea fans who are the loveliest people you could ever meet"

What - scum, you mean?

QPR - "shit but local"

A lesson from the North East... on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 1982 viewsDiscodroid

chelsea fans, take away their jiff bottles, knives, sharpened knitting needles and teach them personal hygiene , they make outstanding short haired domestic pets.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

A lesson from the North East... on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 1942 viewsheadhoops

A lesson from the North East... on 15:08 - Jul 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I have always believed that every Chelsea fan should be treated with repect and tolerance. Unless they come from Tipperary. Obviously.

thats a long way to come Brian

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

A lesson from the North East... on 16:01 - Jul 30 with 1921 viewsScubaHoop

culchies in general... up the Dubs.
A lesson from the North East... on 17:19 - Jul 30 with 1819 viewsLblock

A lesson from the North East... on 15:42 - Jul 30 by Discodroid

chelsea fans, take away their jiff bottles, knives, sharpened knitting needles and teach them personal hygiene , they make outstanding short haired domestic pets.

But what about the smell Disco?

And they are notoriously difficult to house train

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A lesson from the North East... on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 1786 viewsMonahoop

Most Chelsea fans I know are fine and a bit of banter and joking does no harm. I used to share digs with four Chelsea fans, in the days before before the rich crowd turned up. Great lads, but on derby days I was a bit cautious, but they were fine really. It's the 'fans' or glory hunters that jumped ship from smaller clubs to follow them when Gangstervitch took over that lose any respect or credibility with me.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

A lesson from the North East... on 17:34 - Jul 30 with 1772 viewskingshill

I tend to find that the ones from West London are not too bad in general. It's the one's from Surrey,Berkshire Sussex etc that are the dicks
A lesson from the North East... on 17:35 - Jul 30 with 1771 viewsMrSheen

Purely hypothetical. St Patrick cast the snakes out of Ireland and the Chelsea fans out of Tipp. It's obvious they would head south towards Cork airport.
A lesson from the North East... on 17:53 - Jul 30 with 1722 viewsElHoop

Are you taking the piss or something?
A lesson from the North East... on 18:35 - Jul 30 with 1668 viewsMrSheen

A lesson from the North East... on 16:01 - Jul 30 by ScubaHoop

culchies in general... up the Dubs.

Lock up the barn, here come the Western Scousers.
A lesson from the North East... on 01:35 - Jul 31 with 1448 viewsSonofNorfolt

I have many old Girlsname mates.
All of a similar age to me, and a lot of the ones that were there when they were shiit.
Mainly non plussed by success because they have come to expect it, and remember what it was like to lose regularily.
For me it was extremely important that they didn't win the EC, but once they did, proved that money can buy everything.
Mostly, they understand my loathing of the stereotype new Surrey kunt, but your team is your team nonetheless.
Moneylaundering basstards.
A lesson from the North East... on 01:59 - Jul 31 with 1440 viewseastside_r

Thanks for the lecture but I agree with the OP to a certain extent.

Therefore I try to mix it up a bit by referring to 'them' as the filth or pondlife.

Feel free to judge me for this, you're welcome.

Where I am from you traditionally used to meet (very old school) 'ponders' who tended to be NF types. Now they are all post Harding-death-culters.

I think I just about prefer the latter, although they have no idea of the rivalry that the former pretend does not exist.
A lesson from the North East... on 07:57 - Jul 31 with 1345 viewshoops_legend

Funny when some fans genuinely get angry with a rival fan just because of the team they support and it actually makes them a slightly angry person overall...

My feelings go for as when I look between the crowds of qpr and chelsea I'm always thinking 'salt of the earth good people' for qpr and then I see the chelsea and generally think less of them but wouldn't say I hate them!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024