Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal 14:15 - Jul 30 with 2206 viewssimmo

Immense signing. Real big move for them!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 08:31 - Jul 31 with 448 viewsElHoop

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 14:32 - Jul 30 by Tonto

I thought Moyes had done a reallly good job there and would be difficult to replace. Martinez seems to be doing even better.

I can see him going to one of the big 4 in the PL the next time a vacancy comes along, or take over at Barca or Real Madrid for a couple fo years...

We shall see - I don't think that Martinez has any chance of reaching that sort of level. His sides have something a bit soft about them.

Wigan were in fact relegated under him. How many managers of the sort of quality you are talking about have taken sides down from the top league?

We shall see how good Everton and Liverpool really are this season. With a few decent signings at our end, I'd fancy us to take a fair few points from them.
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 09:20 - Jul 31 with 434 viewsJamie

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 08:31 - Jul 31 by ElHoop

We shall see - I don't think that Martinez has any chance of reaching that sort of level. His sides have something a bit soft about them.

Wigan were in fact relegated under him. How many managers of the sort of quality you are talking about have taken sides down from the top league?

We shall see how good Everton and Liverpool really are this season. With a few decent signings at our end, I'd fancy us to take a fair few points from them.

They also won the FA Cup that season, on a budget that a Conference club would find tough.
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 09:25 - Jul 31 with 429 viewsElHoop

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 09:20 - Jul 31 by Jamie

They also won the FA Cup that season, on a budget that a Conference club would find tough.

Surely a really top class manager can manage to preserve the status a team capable of winning the FA Cup? Go through the profiles of the truly great managers. How many relegations are there?
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 11:16 - Jul 31 with 400 viewssimmo

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 09:25 - Jul 31 by ElHoop

Surely a really top class manager can manage to preserve the status a team capable of winning the FA Cup? Go through the profiles of the truly great managers. How many relegations are there?

Relegation from a league they had no right to be in, after successive seasons defying the odds and keeping them up. Truly great managers rarely take charge of poorly supported small northern teams with zero budget.

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 11:31 - Jul 31 with 389 viewsElHoop

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 11:16 - Jul 31 by simmo

Relegation from a league they had no right to be in, after successive seasons defying the odds and keeping them up. Truly great managers rarely take charge of poorly supported small northern teams with zero budget.

I don't think that their 2012/13 squad was inferior to that of plenty of other Premier League sides that season. If he's Barcelona/Real Madrid sort of quality then surely he ought to have been able to prevail in those circumstances? It's all about opinions but in my view the generally held view on Martinez's abilities is by some distance in excess of his actual abilities.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 11:31]
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 11:36 - Jul 31 with 381 viewsadhoc_qpr

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 11:31 - Jul 31 by ElHoop

I don't think that their 2012/13 squad was inferior to that of plenty of other Premier League sides that season. If he's Barcelona/Real Madrid sort of quality then surely he ought to have been able to prevail in those circumstances? It's all about opinions but in my view the generally held view on Martinez's abilities is by some distance in excess of his actual abilities.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 11:31]

I think no one really knows Martinez's true level of ability yet.

Last season, although it was stylishly done, he really just kept up the status quo with Everton and didn't do much better than Moyes had.

If this season Everton make a real, concerted push for 4th place and Champions League and get really close - then Martinez can claim improvement.
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 12:34 - Jul 31 with 364 viewssimmo

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 11:36 - Jul 31 by adhoc_qpr

I think no one really knows Martinez's true level of ability yet.

Last season, although it was stylishly done, he really just kept up the status quo with Everton and didn't do much better than Moyes had.

If this season Everton make a real, concerted push for 4th place and Champions League and get really close - then Martinez can claim improvement.

Do you not think it's an achievement to keep a club at a similar or slightly improved level after losing the consistency of having such a long serving manager? It wasn't just a whole new regime they had to adapt to , it was a philosophy and way of playing. They play less caustiously and more attacking/flowing football, all achieved in a really short space of time.

I'm not saying Martinez is 'Barca/Real' quality, but he could be, he's made jumps to bigger clubs with each appointment and done brilliantly with each of them, the next step, if he's successful at Everton, will be for a team that can challenege for a league title.

I would have him as my first choice manager for QPR over any other manager in this league I think.

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 12:48 - Jul 31 with 345 viewsheadhoops

I would have him as my first choice manager for QPR over any other manager in this league I think.

this. Has to be one of the best in the division would love to see him at the R's

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 343 viewsHunterhoop

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 08:21 - Jul 31 by Vish

he scored 16 goals. he's also only 21.

Settling is in to the country/team/league not an issue.

£28m is the market for a player like that nowadays.

And barring his 10 games for the scum, he's a 1 in 2 striker.

The fact he's 21, and has all the physical attributes you could want in a striker....I think it's a big price but probably accurate.

Don't understand what Chelsea didn't like about him. He'll be a better version of Drogba if he continues to develop.

He's probably the closest forward to Sir Les since the great man roamed the hallowed turf at LR. But Lukaku is bigger!
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 341 viewsdaveB

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 12:48 - Jul 31 by headhoops

this. Has to be one of the best in the division would love to see him at the R's

We should have gone for him after Hughes went, he was looking to move on from Wigan and might have been tempted. After winning the FA Cup he was always going to get a much bigger club
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 327 viewsJamie

Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 13:05 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

And barring his 10 games for the scum, he's a 1 in 2 striker.

The fact he's 21, and has all the physical attributes you could want in a striker....I think it's a big price but probably accurate.

Don't understand what Chelsea didn't like about him. He'll be a better version of Drogba if he continues to develop.

He's probably the closest forward to Sir Les since the great man roamed the hallowed turf at LR. But Lukaku is bigger!

Mourinho decided that having shown at WBA that he was ready to play every week, he should sit on the bench behind Torres, Eto'o & Ba and 'learn' from them, despite none of those playing anything like him.

Lukaku unsurprisingly chose to go and play every week, scoring 15, whilst Chelsea missed out on the title because they didn't score enough goals.

This, in the sort of logic only possible in the terminally deluded proved Mourinho right and now Chelsea fans are seemingly glad to see Lukaku sold.

All rather strange.
Lukaku to Everton - 5 year deal on 20:21 - Jul 31 with 299 viewsBrazilNutR

28 million is a lot.. Liverpool paid 10 million for the other Belgium striker, who is younger and seemed to be preferred starter in the Belgium team. Unproven in the Prem I give you...but Liverpool may have got themselves a bargain..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024