Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The good old days 17:32 - Jul 30 with 1069 viewssimmo

Playing against a team in pre season and then signing their best player!

Here is our full story on the news that Chesterfield have rejected a bid from Leeds United for centre-back Liam Cooper. The 22-year-old is said to have impressed in a pre-season friendly against the Whites on Saturday, prompting them into making an offer, but chief executive Chris Turner said it was below the club's asking price

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The good old days on 17:46 - Jul 30 with 1020 viewsJuzzie

I remember when we played York City over two-legs in a League Cup tie early on in the season. We then nabbed their striker shortly after (no transfer windows in them there days).

I give you .... Johhny Byrne. One week everyone was wolf-whistling him 'cos of his flowing blonde locks, a few weeks later we were cheering him on in the hoops!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 17:48]
The good old days on 17:48 - Jul 30 with 1012 viewsloftboy

Andy sinton was another

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The good old days on 18:56 - Jul 30 with 913 viewsenfieldargh

the great, awesome , majestical, worldbeating......................Brian Williams Bury

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The good old days on 19:37 - Jul 30 with 843 viewsVish

Lee Charles and Leory Griffiths were bought after 'impressing' against us i believe
The good old days on 19:56 - Jul 30 with 806 viewsNoDiddley

Adam Miller from Aldershot I think signed by Ollie.
The good old days on 20:00 - Jul 30 with 787 viewsSnipper

The good old days on 17:48 - Jul 30 by loftboy

Andy sinton was another

We signed Andy Sinton late 1988/89 season without playing Brentford.
Scored on his debut on Easter Monday if I remember right.
The good old days on 20:35 - Jul 30 with 719 viewsloftboy

The good old days on 20:00 - Jul 30 by Snipper

We signed Andy Sinton late 1988/89 season without playing Brentford.
Scored on his debut on Easter Monday if I remember right.

We played them pre season, they won 1-0 and sinton scored

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The good old days on 00:19 - Jul 31 with 521 viewsSonofNorfolt

He scored against Villa, but pretty sure he made his debut in the 2-0 win at Hillsboro two days before.
I recall a friendly at Griffin Park when he was playing for us, his free kick went in, hit the back stanchion and came out and wasn't given. (See Clive Allen Coventry v Palace 1980) I think they scored late on.
Remember, Brentford have not beaten us in a competitive game since Aug '65. So unless we are drawn in the Cups this season, when you can virtually guarantee we'll lose, it is half a century roughly this time next year. Remind any Bee of that who persistantly irritates. I do.
Login to get fewer ads

The good old days on 11:31 - Jul 31 with 384 viewsW7Ranger

Was Stuart Wardley another one?
The good old days on 11:39 - Jul 31 with 372 viewspaulparker

The good old days on 00:19 - Jul 31 by SonofNorfolt

He scored against Villa, but pretty sure he made his debut in the 2-0 win at Hillsboro two days before.
I recall a friendly at Griffin Park when he was playing for us, his free kick went in, hit the back stanchion and came out and wasn't given. (See Clive Allen Coventry v Palace 1980) I think they scored late on.
Remember, Brentford have not beaten us in a competitive game since Aug '65. So unless we are drawn in the Cups this season, when you can virtually guarantee we'll lose, it is half a century roughly this time next year. Remind any Bee of that who persistantly irritates. I do.

Pretty Sure, Sinton signed on transfer deadline day in the 88/89 season
was there for the Villa game, think we scored in the last 10 minutes ?
we done some good business that season , Reid, Spackman, Andy Gray, Sinton, Colin Clarke
and had a great end of season by beating Wimbledon, Man utd, and Spuds
I really thought we were going to have a real go at the League for the following season
gutted when we sold Gray& Martin Allen , then Francis fell out with Spackman, sold Reid and then Wright Left for Aberdeen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The good old days on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 353 viewsaston_hoop

Eric Sabin...kind of. His only decent game that season for Swindon was against us apparently!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024