Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh dear Ravel 08:46 - Jul 31 with 6952 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Oh dear Ravel on 12:52 - Jul 31 with 1660 viewsHunterhoop

Oh dear Ravel on 11:08 - Jul 31 by JonDoeman

Exactly. Guilty of this or not, for the sake of his career he needs to stop hanging round with dodgy fckers in the rough parts of Manchester.

Exactly. At what point when you're a millionnaire do you stop pretending to be a gangster??

Understand the "innocent until proven guilty" brigade, but worth remembering that "guilt" and "proving it" are different.

He may not get prosecuted and found guilty, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it, just that it couldn't be proven.

As Simmo points out, what's he doing at out 4am on Sunday in Manchester? Is he involved in pre-season training with West Ham?
Oh dear Ravel on 12:58 - Jul 31 with 1647 viewsTacticalR

Oh dear Ravel on 12:12 - Jul 31 by Cornish_oooRRRR

I'm afraid I'm tempted to go with this. Occam's Razor and all that

Is he one of the Manchester crew?

Air hostess clique

Oh dear Ravel on 13:02 - Jul 31 with 1633 viewssimmo

I understand it's hard to leave the people you grew up with, I grew up in an utter shithole and made good friends doing so, but whilst I don't forget where I am from, I don't associate with that world too much anymore because it's not positive for me. He needs to realise he's got an amazing opportunity to have a great life if he just makes some sacrifices. Nobody that is real will think any less of him if he decides to distance himself from certain elements to concentrate on being a world class professional.

He has easily the most potential of any of the above people, I hope he realises before it's too late because he could be as good as anybody if he makes the right choices.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Oh dear Ravel on 13:04 - Jul 31 with 1622 viewsthame_hoops

Let's wait to hear all the facts guy, charged yes as the cps think there is a chance of prosecution but let's wait to see what happens....
Oh dear Ravel on 13:06 - Jul 31 with 1617 viewsdaveB

Oh dear Ravel on 10:53 - Jul 31 by simmo

He has been charged though, which means he was involved in something at nearly 4 in the morning in Manchester, and I doubt it was practising his kick ups.

Lots of people get charged without having done anything.
He may well have done it and if so will deserve all he gets but I think we should wait and hear the evidence before passing judgement.
Oh dear Ravel on 13:13 - Jul 31 with 1591 viewsJuzzie

Oh dear Ravel on 13:02 - Jul 31 by simmo

I understand it's hard to leave the people you grew up with, I grew up in an utter shithole and made good friends doing so, but whilst I don't forget where I am from, I don't associate with that world too much anymore because it's not positive for me. He needs to realise he's got an amazing opportunity to have a great life if he just makes some sacrifices. Nobody that is real will think any less of him if he decides to distance himself from certain elements to concentrate on being a world class professional.

He has easily the most potential of any of the above people, I hope he realises before it's too late because he could be as good as anybody if he makes the right choices.

Same here. I grew up around Portobello Road & Ladbroke Grove. Most of the people I knew in the area ended up in trouble, in borstal, in prsion, dead and so on.

I'm still proud to be from that area but quickley distanced myself.

Seems these people don't want to do the same 'cos they don't want to lose 'face' or whatever.

hmmmm, have a great life, playing great football, earning a fantastic wage, a nice home, cars, motorbikes, family etc. or hang around with scum low lifes in shit hole areas, involved with drugs, stolen cars, gurning on stupid youtube clips etc.

Thick as two short planks, they really are.

Problem is, there are tens of thousands out there who all want to aspire to the same thing.
Oh dear Ravel on 13:38 - Jul 31 with 1552 viewshoops_legend

Sad thing is people wanted Ravel over Taarabt previous to this even despite his dodgy record... While Taarabt might be a big misled but definitely is a good guy at heart and wouldn't hurt anybody

So who is right sort now?
Oh dear Ravel on 13:48 - Jul 31 with 1526 viewssimmo

Refused bail. It's his ex and her mum apparently, the same person he apparently assualted twice before. I don't think they get on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear Ravel on 13:48 - Jul 31 with 1524 viewsMaggsinho

Oh dear Ravel on 13:38 - Jul 31 by hoops_legend

Sad thing is people wanted Ravel over Taarabt previous to this even despite his dodgy record... While Taarabt might be a big misled but definitely is a good guy at heart and wouldn't hurt anybody

Somewhere, as he reads this PinnerPaul is gripping the desk and counting to ten whilst beads of sweat form on his brow.
Oh dear Ravel on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 1522 viewsHarlesdon

Oh dear Ravel on 12:48 - Jul 31 by Juzzie

I agree. Add Shabazz Baidoo, Leonne Jeanne and hundreds of others to the list.

This is a sweeping generilisation but this whole gang-culture/wannabe gang culture is destroying society. It's creating a completely aggressive and intimidating attitude amongst a whole generation.

A mate of mine got hit by a car in his van the other day in NW London and the young lad, who was at fault, that hit him started abusing him, calling him all the names under the sun, trying to create an aggressive & intimidating atmosphere hoping my mate would back off. He didn't. My mate then asked for his insurance details and he quickly went quiet, jumped in his car and drove off. Hit & run. Now in the hands of the Police.

Sunday was a gorgeous sunny day so I washed the car. In one of the houses a teenage lad (I know this 'cos I know who lives there) was rapping, badly, out loud over background music. Talking about bitches, hoe's (not the garden kind), pussies (not cats), stabbing, 'britney', 'fuk wiv me and I fuk wiv you', muvva fukka, violence, fight, hate, bitches, whores, hate, violence.

What a fuking utter dickhead. And people wonder why woman get badly treated. Even more bemusing is how young woman seem to be happy to be part of that enviroment too considering the way the whole gang culture treats them.

Now, I know when I was his age I wouldn't be washing the car but I certainly would be out and about having a laff with my mates. Jeez, we get so little good weather each year as it is, not sitting in a darkened room fkin rappin'. It went quiet for half an hour, presumably 'cos mummy had just made his tea.

Then comes out with his stupid flat-peaked baseball hat and pisses about with his mates on their stupid crappy scooters and mountain bikes all pulling wheelies thinking they're 'ard, innit.

cnts, all of them.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 13:01]

So you say

"I would be out and about having a laff with my mates"

Quickly followed up with

"Then [he] comes out with his stupid flat-peaked basebcall hat and pisses about with his mates...."

Your post is basically you saying

I'M AN OLD/MIDDLE-AGED WHITE MAN WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOUTH CULTURE IN LONDON AND AM SLIGHTLY /VERY PREJUDICED BECAUSE OF IT.
Oh dear Ravel on 13:52 - Jul 31 with 1505 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh dear Ravel on 13:38 - Jul 31 by hoops_legend

Well done, you win today's spurious Adel mention award
Oh dear Ravel on 14:03 - Jul 31 with 1467 viewsJuzzie

Oh dear Ravel on 13:49 - Jul 31 by Harlesdon

So you say

"I would be out and about having a laff with my mates"

Quickly followed up with

"Then [he] comes out with his stupid flat-peaked basebcall hat and pisses about with his mates...."

Your post is basically you saying

I'M AN OLD/MIDDLE-AGED WHITE MAN WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOUTH CULTURE IN LONDON AND AM SLIGHTLY /VERY PREJUDICED BECAUSE OF IT.

Nope, I just dislike the fact people endorse violence, intimidation, attacking women etc. No predjudices, just don't like inconsiderate people, youths or not.

Me and my mates were all into bikes but we understood about having consideration for our neighbours. We enjoyed buzzing around on mopeds, 100/125cc motorbikes but we wouldn't be popping wheelies up and down our street.

Nice try though, even with the shouting. What's the colour of my skin got to do with it? I grew up in Portobello Road/Ladbroke Grove all through the 70's and 80's.

Seems to me you're the one pigeon-holeing people.

edit: I like the way you pick two short sentances out of 6 paragraphs to make a pointless remark. Try reading the jist of the whole post rather than trying to find something that's not there.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 15:37]
Oh dear Ravel on 14:05 - Jul 31 with 1459 viewsRangersDave

Just thinking laterally now......

Maybe a 500K bid to spam for him ( going up in appearances),

Then he's ours to sack if he gets found guilty, if not he's ours full stop?

Mercenary? Yup

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Oh dear Ravel on 15:14 - Jul 31 with 1364 viewsBklynRanger

Oh dear Ravel on 14:05 - Jul 31 by RangersDave

Just thinking laterally now......

Maybe a 500K bid to spam for him ( going up in appearances),

Then he's ours to sack if he gets found guilty, if not he's ours full stop?

Mercenary? Yup

That's really not the worst idea.

This does look bad but there is bound to be Ravel's side to it. Hitting women is wrong full stop, but if it's involving his ex and her mum again they may be pressing charges purely to cause him aggravation, i.e. without there being much in it.

In some ways he seems to be West Ham's version of Adel - I mean that only in the sense that the manager has (possibly justifiably) largely given up on him and he needs to leave. He wasn't a problem with us at all and I still don't think he's a completely lost cause.
Oh dear Ravel on 15:32 - Jul 31 with 1345 viewspaulparker

Sorry he can f uck right off now
if we buy him then we are no better than Oldham,Coventry, Plymouth,Birmingham & Swindon
we all had a pop at them for signing, Marlon King, Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick & Nile Ranger , as someone said earlier if Fergie cannot control him then there is not a lot of hope that we will, as far as I can see Ravel is the new Jermaine Pennant

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oh dear Ravel on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 1277 viewsrosseeles

can bid all we like....... as he's currently remanded in custody with bail denied he wont be going far
Oh dear Ravel on 15:43 - Jul 31 with 1239 viewsdaveB

Oh dear Ravel on 15:32 - Jul 31 by paulparker

if we buy him then we are no better than Oldham,Coventry, Plymouth,Birmingham & Swindon
we all had a pop at them for signing, Marlon King, Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick & Nile Ranger , as someone said earlier if Fergie cannot control him then there is not a lot of hope that we will, as far as I can see Ravel is the new Jermaine Pennant

yeah I think anyone would have to be crackers to buy him now until this case is dealt with
Oh dear Ravel on 15:50 - Jul 31 with 1224 viewsessextaxiboy

Oh dear Ravel on 15:32 - Jul 31 by paulparker

He was perfectly under control while he was with us.

I dont know where he was every night but no trouble reported and he was always giving his best on the field despite carrying a groin injury.
Oh dear Ravel on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 1218 views08olesen

If he doesnt becoming the next Gaza and instead becomes the next nile ranger, it will be such a shame.

We all have to remember how young he is though, we all make mistakes and that doesnt excuse his actions, but he lives in the spotlight now and like the Remy rape case, everyone is out to fark u over and he has to be prepared for that in the future.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to him and he now goes on to fulfill his potential and becomes a decent bloke. Young lads his age would kill for his ability and he has a duty i believe to respect how lucky he is and really pursue it.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Oh dear Ravel on 16:00 - Jul 31 with 1201 viewspaulparker

im all for 2nd chances but we are moving into Marlon King territory here
he was already in trouble for assaulting the same woman & got in trouble for intimidating a Witness, as I said earlier we all had a pop at the likes of Ranger, Hughes, & King , What's the difference now then ?? some on here look the other way because he can dribble a football or make silly excuses like he wasn't a moments bother while here,
sorry why do we want him here ?
mark my words he will never amount to anything and will hop around clubs like Pennant did, another potential English talent wasted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oh dear Ravel on 18:12 - Jul 31 with 1126 viewsBrightonhoop

Not a good sign when Bail is denied.
Oh dear Ravel on 18:56 - Jul 31 with 1095 viewskysersosaqpr

My son and I are season ticket holders. On the odd occasion my misses or daughter comes along (and I have tried to get them on season ticket but they don't want to). I don't want my team to have a player that seems to think bullying a woman is the thing to do. My team should stand for more than that.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Oh dear Ravel on 21:50 - Jul 31 with 1032 viewsLblock

Sorry but I'd still buy Ravel.

He's a job for Geordie Steve Black and the reformed Joey Barton to get into and put him on the straight and narrow.

We've an angry young generation out there who have few boundaries, are wannabe G men and don't respect women or anything else. There's also a whole section of society like this and are pure takers and trouble -- some of them are mothers and daughters.
Now I'm not for a second saying it's the case here but I know of a few proper choice young ladies round my way who aren't shy of goading, intimidation, aggression and various other lovely practices.

Maybe he is a lost cause, who Knows? But I'd still accept a right cheap transfer for us to find out.

Sorry if that offends and believe me there's a large part of my morals that's against it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oh dear Ravel on 22:19 - Jul 31 with 1006 viewskysersosaqpr

Oh dear Ravel on 21:50 - Jul 31 by Lblock

Sorry but I'd still buy Ravel.

He's a job for Geordie Steve Black and the reformed Joey Barton to get into and put him on the straight and narrow.

We've an angry young generation out there who have few boundaries, are wannabe G men and don't respect women or anything else. There's also a whole section of society like this and are pure takers and trouble -- some of them are mothers and daughters.
Now I'm not for a second saying it's the case here but I know of a few proper choice young ladies round my way who aren't shy of goading, intimidation, aggression and various other lovely practices.

Maybe he is a lost cause, who Knows? But I'd still accept a right cheap transfer for us to find out.

Sorry if that offends and believe me there's a large part of my morals that's against it.

Doesn't offend and I get your argument (don't agree, but that why we have a forum). However, how many chances do you give morons like this. Anyone and everyone fecks up sometime, and I agree people should be given a second chance. But this is serial bullying ( which is a man hitting a woman - no matter how provocative).

I still think your football club should be linked to the local society and reflect its values. You should be able to call it your club with pride. I'd find that hard if we buy Morrison - would still support qpr, but would lose some of that pride.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Oh dear Ravel on 10:00 - Aug 4 with 827 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024