Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. 07:58 - Aug 1 with 2509 viewsfreddieeddie

QPR manager Harry Redknapp says he's behind their Premier League rivals in trying to add to his squad, after eight players on loan last season returned to their parent clubs. (On Sky Sports Transfer News Website).

This was my point before. I have total faith in HR and TF but why does it take us so long? It seems Rio was the easiest deal ever and a matter of him just returning from Brazil to sign. So it has taken all of this time to get in just Caulker (which is a great coup).

Playing friendlies 3 weeks before the season starts with no fit strikers is just a joke. If Fer & anyone else is so hard to get in to the club then f*** them off and look elsewhere. Not looking good is it as we want to get off to a flier this season and take a bit of pressure off.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:09 - Aug 1 with 2141 viewsfacto

always maintain give a player 48hrs to sign or deals off!
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:15 - Aug 1 with 2118 viewsLewes_r

Did he say we were "down to the bare bones" whilst twitching

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:19 - Aug 1 with 2079 viewsPommyhoop

Excuses in early. Standard pre season fayre for our H.
Nothing to see here . Move along.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:20 - Aug 1 with 2085 viewsBlue_Castello

The answer is MONEY"...************

It's as simples as that, the board have decided not to throw money at every possible transfer but to negotiate for deals within an overall budget.

Clive has already explained time and again we are not an attractive club because of poor training facilities, small stadium and the knowledge that we are one of the favourites to be relegated.

Thankfully Harry has stated he only wants players better than the current squad, well as an example that rules out the majority of players bought by Burnley as an example.

Any players we do eventually get will hopefully be the " the right sort " on a realistic Premiership wage, let's hope the plan at least gives us a fighting chance to avoid relegation.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:32 - Aug 1 with 2035 viewsJonDoeman

The club not bending over for players & agents any more, I see as a positive.
Rather sign no one than mug ourselves of the way we used to, the message will soon sink in those days are over.

It Is What It Is !!

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:40 - Aug 1 with 1999 viewsfreddieeddie

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:32 - Aug 1 by JonDoeman

The club not bending over for players & agents any more, I see as a positive.
Rather sign no one than mug ourselves of the way we used to, the message will soon sink in those days are over.

Yeah I see ya point on that, that is a positive. There must be players out there though better than what we have that would want to join. I mean we only really have one fully fit, fully committed striker.

Oh well, time will tell and I do think we will end up with players in. Just hope they are the right ones and before the season starts.

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:47 - Aug 1 with 1972 viewsspencer

I think it good that the club have decided not to spend in the way we spent last time we were promoted and I'm amazed we managed to sign a player like Caulker.But , with two weeks to go till the start of the season, we are short.
Defence top be fair looks covered.
Midfield looks very light...Barton aside, with Phillips and Faurlin coming back from injuries, Hoillet and Traore who are both injury prone and Henry...we will struggle to create.

But its upfront what worries the most. We have ..Charlie Austin.

I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks, some of the targets we were after...get signed..rather than we panic buy any old has been.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:07 - Aug 1 with 1891 viewsTW_R

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:09 - Aug 1 by facto

always maintain give a player 48hrs to sign or deals off!

That would mean we would be worse off now as neither Caulker or Rio would've signed.
Login to get fewer ads

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:08 - Aug 1 with 1891 viewsMytch_QPR

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:20 - Aug 1 by Blue_Castello

The answer is MONEY"...************

It's as simples as that, the board have decided not to throw money at every possible transfer but to negotiate for deals within an overall budget.

Clive has already explained time and again we are not an attractive club because of poor training facilities, small stadium and the knowledge that we are one of the favourites to be relegated.

Thankfully Harry has stated he only wants players better than the current squad, well as an example that rules out the majority of players bought by Burnley as an example.

Any players we do eventually get will hopefully be the " the right sort " on a realistic Premiership wage, let's hope the plan at least gives us a fighting chance to avoid relegation.

This.
Any club can buy mercenaries - look where that got us last time (both financially and on the pitch).
No doubt we are in negotiations with a number of players / agents. There is a month until the window 'slams shut' and there will be a fair bit of movement from all clubs before this.
As another poster pointed out, we'd moan if we were bringing in Bosingwa types on huge money - and then we bemoan lack of transfer activity.

Everyone chill.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:08 - Aug 1 with 1882 viewsIrishR

I dont believe we will sell both Remy and Taarabt in the next week so we could well start the season with them.

Easier said than done but get Fer, Holtby, Isla Laschelles and Deeney through the down by next week TF :P

Green
Onouha/Rio/Caulker
Isla/ Traore
Barton
Holtby Taraabt
Austin/Remy

Bench
Cesar
Laschelles
Fer(I feel barton will be replaced overtime)
Faurlin
Deeney
Ehmer
Hoillet
Phillips
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:13 - Aug 1 with 1866 viewsCFW

Some good points made within this thread.

Going back the reason Warnock could not carry on in the long term was his inability to attract players of a higher standard to the club. When Hughes (who I hate with a passion) came in to be fair we signed players who would never in a million years want to play for QPR - they came for the money (I accept) but also because of him.

Moving on to HR whilst people moan about him he does have the ability to attract players to the club, Rio for instance came because of him and in turn Caulker because he wants to play and learn from him. My problem with the club now and in the recent past is its inability to get deals over the line.

Forget for a moment the standard of player other teams do not, it would appear, to have the same problem. West Ham, Burnley, Hull etc all get players they target and I cannot see them paying sky high wages - well perhaps West Ham.

This situation is not new - we have been in this situation for months and months so why was this not addressed earlier? We cannot afford to get off to a bad start this season but unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat very soon think we will be in trouble.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:18 - Aug 1 with 1838 viewsfreddieeddie

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:13 - Aug 1 by CFW

Going back the reason Warnock could not carry on in the long term was his inability to attract players of a higher standard to the club. When Hughes (who I hate with a passion) came in to be fair we signed players who would never in a million years want to play for QPR - they came for the money (I accept) but also because of him.

Moving on to HR whilst people moan about him he does have the ability to attract players to the club, Rio for instance came because of him and in turn Caulker because he wants to play and learn from him. My problem with the club now and in the recent past is its inability to get deals over the line.

Forget for a moment the standard of player other teams do not, it would appear, to have the same problem. West Ham, Burnley, Hull etc all get players they target and I cannot see them paying sky high wages - well perhaps West Ham.

This situation is not new - we have been in this situation for months and months so why was this not addressed earlier? We cannot afford to get off to a bad start this season but unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat very soon think we will be in trouble.

Exactly my point.

TF desperately wanted promotion, we got it and I thought we'd really be on the ball and get players in early doors and have a good pre-season. Just over 2 weeks to the start of the season is quite frightening I think.

We have Barton in CM but you can't tell me we can't find anyone better than Henry, Faurlin that would come to us.

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:19 - Aug 1 with 1832 viewsIrishR

I think Hull in particular and WH have signed some cracking players(a few potential stars of the future i have no doubt we would of been able to attract had we shown interest). WH however seem to be building a squad the size of Man City's so wont come cheap. Eto next up.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:29 - Aug 1 with 1773 viewsadhoc_qpr

I agree we are behind the curve with our signings given the number of player who have left this summer. Other clubs may have been quiet too, but not many have the same number of holes to fill.

I think actually negotiating with players/agents about wages, rather than just flashing the cash, is a new experience for TF and PB and is a bit of a struggle given our reputation and status as a club.

Let's face it, Hughes only signed the profile of player he did because him, Kia Joorabchian and the players were all in it together and cashing in at the clubs expense.

Currently we can field a fairly solid team (with a weak bench) which won't score many and is very vulnerable to injuries to Barton and Austin. Hopefully that will be addressed but it's a shame we aren't all set and poised to get off to a flying start.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:33 - Aug 1 with 1739 viewsPommyhoop

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:13 - Aug 1 by CFW

I agree with what you are saying . To me its the way we go about this transfer lark.We seem to target a player, let all and sundry know we are going after the player ,then hang about for eons waiting for A) mercenary player to get more bunce,B) player get offer from 'bigger' club or club he has more affinity to.. ( was that thelongest sentance in the world)
F@cking seal the deal FFS.
Or at least have a plan B so we can say after 3 weeks of waiting and crawling for some dodgy agents Yea or Nay we can move on .
Bit like Austin and Hooper ..Proof that plan B can sometimes be better than plan A..
Soz had to get dig in at H there.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 9:38]

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:49 - Aug 1 with 1675 viewsSpiritofGregory

If you are going to spend within a lower budget, you should invest in a quality scouting network.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:52 - Aug 1 with 1664 viewsdaveB

problem is we are now going for good players who are also good characters. When you are signing arseholes you just need to offer them money and they sign in seconds. When you are after the right sort it takes longer as they have other options and we're not the best looking girl in the room
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:53 - Aug 1 with 1658 viewssmegma

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 08:15 - Aug 1 by Lewes_r

Did he say we were "down to the bare bones" whilst twitching

He said those exact words to my mate in Gera last weekend.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:55 - Aug 1 with 1649 viewsPommyhoop

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:49 - Aug 1 by SpiritofGregory

If you are going to spend within a lower budget, you should invest in a quality scouting network.

QPR scout hard at work..

Thats Panini 2006 BTW..

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 15:26 - Aug 1 with 1331 viewsHollowayRanger

if the problem is players wages ie money

fine no problem with us saying no

but why not look at young quality players from championship/divison 1 who would be desperate to make it into the big time at a preimership club

it might not work but at least we would be religated with quality young players who would give us a real chance of getting straight back up again

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 15:44 - Aug 1 with 1295 viewsdaveB

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 15:26 - Aug 1 by HollowayRanger

if the problem is players wages ie money

fine no problem with us saying no

but why not look at young quality players from championship/divison 1 who would be desperate to make it into the big time at a preimership club

it might not work but at least we would be religated with quality young players who would give us a real chance of getting straight back up again

problem with that is if they are any good they'd be sold the minute we got relegated like Caulker at Cardiff.
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 16:15 - Aug 1 with 1212 viewsMatch82

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:49 - Aug 1 by SpiritofGregory

Good grief I actually agree with you
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 1169 viewsLoft1979

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 09:33 - Aug 1 by Pommyhoop

I agree with what you are saying . To me its the way we go about this transfer lark.We seem to target a player, let all and sundry know we are going after the player ,then hang about for eons waiting for A) mercenary player to get more bunce,B) player get offer from 'bigger' club or club he has more affinity to.. ( was that thelongest sentance in the world)
F@cking seal the deal FFS.
Or at least have a plan B so we can say after 3 weeks of waiting and crawling for some dodgy agents Yea or Nay we can move on .
Bit like Austin and Hooper ..Proof that plan B can sometimes be better than plan A..
Soz had to get dig in at H there.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 9:38]

this...................

Players agents are trolling waiting for desperation moves to drive up prices. QPR are repotedly in on Fer, Isco, Amalfitano, Sanchez for midfield. Potentially add Valbuena. Nico and Vaart also. Interesting to see who does come in.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 16:36]
HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 16:40 - Aug 1 with 1151 viewsSomersetHoops

I agree and I really think this where we have and continue to fail. Relying on Harry's old boys and remnants promoted by agents is never going to work. If we are ever to succeed we need the most effective chief scout who can judge a player from how they play rather than how they once were able to play and a team of scouts who can pick out the gems for consideration.

The next step is to have the best quality coaching and a club with a reputation for improving players. QPR has a recent history of taking in players past their best and making them worse. Its no surprise, therefor, that its difficult to persuade in demand players to join QPR except by paying them more than any other club would.

We are also failing in having a pointless pre-season with half a team and once again will be panic buying the dregs that nobody else wants or are prepared to pay what they demand, at the end of the transfer window probably after we've lost our first games.

Tony Fernandes needs to be aware that it wasn't always like this and yet, despite his good intentions, it has been and continues to be under his management.

Who's Next?

HR saying we are behind rivals in adding to squad. on 17:44 - Aug 1 with 1081 viewsbarbicanranger

Agree with a lot of the points on here.

I actually see the speed with which we are doing things as a positive because it indicates to me that we have learnt our lesson. Take this lad Coal Mine Fig Dawson from Ajax we had an offer accepted for him at least a month ago, why hasnt he signed yet? - due to personal terms, i.e. can I have more cash please...in days gone by it would have been yes sure, but now we are taking a more considered approach and assessing if this is the right type.

So there's that aspect.

I also think we've been unlucky, we clearly had some targets who we went hard on early doors like Bryson, maybe we didnt read the situation right or should have done more background work but looks like he wasnt interested in a move to us so we missed out. So I think another aspect is we have been unlucky.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024