Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going or staying 17:52 - Aug 1 with 796 viewskropotkin41

Surely there comes a point when HR and the club just have to say that AT and LR are staying and that's that. I'm getting fed up of this "he's part of our plans unless someone comes in with enough money" line........... and I don't see how it can be anything but detrimental to the team's preparations for the season.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Going or staying on 17:54 - Aug 1 with 793 viewsToast_R

Usually by 11pm 31 August.
Going or staying on 19:06 - Aug 1 with 681 viewsingeminate

Going or staying on 17:54 - Aug 1 by Toast_R

Usually by 11pm 31 August.

So lomg as a club comes up with the money then nothing HR can do - release clauses.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Going or staying on 19:27 - Aug 1 with 644 viewskropotkin41

Going or staying on 19:06 - Aug 1 by ingeminate

So lomg as a club comes up with the money then nothing HR can do - release clauses.

Yes of course, it was a silly question........... it's just been getting on my nerves........ a phoney pre-season for some.

Going or staying on 19:30 - Aug 1 with 641 viewsMaggsinho

That applies to any player though, offer enough money and you can sign anyone.
Going or staying on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 629 viewskropotkin41

Going or staying on 19:30 - Aug 1 by Maggsinho

That applies to any player though, offer enough money and you can sign anyone.

Yep, I suppose you're right. My frustration has been born from this situation which I suppose arose out of the last couple of seasons where we've had "stars" playing all over the shop and now they come back.......... or don't........... stay to play or don't............ at the same time as our manager is predictably banging on about the squad's deficiencies.

Of course, I appreciate that modern football is just a sporting stock market. Sad though that is.

Going or staying on 19:51 - Aug 1 with 604 viewsWeaverQPR

The only reason Taarabts back in is because we are short on numbers.

@WeavQPR

Going or staying on 20:14 - Aug 1 with 576 viewsbosh67

Well there are worse players than Remy and Adel to stay around for the squad. At least both know the club well so no problem settling in again. Enough tough characters to deal with his antics and probably enough to deal with anything Remy has as well.

On Remy, he has a lot to prove now so we might a well put him up front with Austin, that's not exactly shabby.

The worry is that no one had really beaten a door down to him even though he is a proven striker at top level. No one exactly beat the door down for Adel but we all know that both can be match winners. Maybe our psychologist can get their heads right and we get something great from them both.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Going or staying on 10:56 - Aug 2 with 401 viewsLoft1979

Going or staying on 19:51 - Aug 1 by WeaverQPR

The only reason Taarabts back in is because we are short on numbers.

Remy is crucial. Less so taarbs who could go at anytime if someone would take him.
Login to get fewer ads

Going or staying on 11:06 - Aug 2 with 380 viewstimcocking

I quite agree it's detrimental in many ways, but the problem is, we don't have a leg to stand on. You can't keep a player who won't play for you and you can't sell a player who won't leave or is unsellable. We seem to get the rough end of the stick every which way you look at it.

My guess is, we'll be stuck with Adel who won't play for us, or he'll leave for nothing, and Remy will leave on transfer deadline day.

The whole situation p!sses me off no end. And to think it's this stuff that is getting us in the sh!t with the FFP bollox! Talk about injustice...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024