Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Max Ehmer 21:16 - Aug 1 with 1544 viewsWeaverQPR

Is he good enough for a place in the 25,should we take a chance on him? I think he is at the age where he must be named in the 25.
What is his best position? Is he a CB or DM?
Certainly got the physique to make a fist of it.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 21:18]

@WeavQPR

Max Ehmer on 21:24 - Aug 1 with 1518 viewsGloucs_R

one more season on loan and then possibly replace one of the old guard who will almost certainly retire at the end of the coming season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Max Ehmer on 21:26 - Aug 1 with 1510 viewsWeaverQPR

With Ned,Rio,Dunne,Hill,Caulker do we need a 6th CB in the 25? Thats why didnt know if he can cover in MF?

@WeavQPR

Max Ehmer on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 1468 viewsbosh67

Ehmer is the real deal. Built like Shittu, fast and the kid can pass too. Comfortable at CB and could play a Roeder type sweeper role too. If I was in charge I would put him in the 25 without a second thought. We have to give our youth players the step up and Ehmer is certainly big enough and technically good enough to hold his own. If we do this kid will be in the German squad before the end of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Max Ehmer on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 1436 viewsMarc

Not sure he needs to be included in the 25 to be eligible to play.

Apparently the rules state that if a player is 21 years of age or under on the 1st of January in the year the season commences then they are classed as U21.

Ehmer turned 22 in February so he would fall into that category.
Max Ehmer on 21:55 - Aug 1 with 1425 viewsBklynRanger

Max Ehmer on 21:50 - Aug 1 by Marc

Not sure he needs to be included in the 25 to be eligible to play.

Apparently the rules state that if a player is 21 years of age or under on the 1st of January in the year the season commences then they are classed as U21.

Ehmer turned 22 in February so he would fall into that category.

That's what I thought. So if we do send him out on loan (which we should) it should be with a pretty clear and slightly callous recall clause.
Max Ehmer on 22:39 - Aug 1 with 1333 viewskensalriser

Paid particular attention to Ehmer when watching the Orient game. Even on the sketchy stream it was clear that he always took the safe or easy option, usually passing back or to the nearest teammate. It would be good to see him play with a little more confidence.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Max Ehmer on 22:49 - Aug 1 with 1302 viewssmegma

Max Ehmer on 22:39 - Aug 1 by kensalriser

Paid particular attention to Ehmer when watching the Orient game. Even on the sketchy stream it was clear that he always took the safe or easy option, usually passing back or to the nearest teammate. It would be good to see him play with a little more confidence.

Took the words out of my mouth. He did the same in Germany as well. In the the two games I've been to so far Doughty is the only fringe player who looked good enough BUT he has about 6-7 midfielders to compete with so has little chance of getting in the team.
Max Ehmer on 08:46 - Aug 2 with 1127 viewsLoft1979

Max Ehmer on 21:36 - Aug 1 by bosh67

Ehmer is the real deal. Built like Shittu, fast and the kid can pass too. Comfortable at CB and could play a Roeder type sweeper role too. If I was in charge I would put him in the 25 without a second thought. We have to give our youth players the step up and Ehmer is certainly big enough and technically good enough to hold his own. If we do this kid will be in the German squad before the end of the season.

Nice
Login to get fewer ads

Max Ehmer on 09:02 - Aug 2 with 1100 viewsbosh67

Max Ehmer on 22:49 - Aug 1 by smegma

Took the words out of my mouth. He did the same in Germany as well. In the the two games I've been to so far Doughty is the only fringe player who looked good enough BUT he has about 6-7 midfielders to compete with so has little chance of getting in the team.

Doughty has been good enough for about 2 years. It is the strange affliction of QPR these days not to put players like this in the squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Max Ehmer on 09:08 - Aug 2 with 1083 viewsMarc

Max Ehmer on 09:02 - Aug 2 by bosh67

Doughty has been good enough for about 2 years. It is the strange affliction of QPR these days not to put players like this in the squad.

Good enough but has only been playing league one football bosh
Max Ehmer on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 1069 viewsisawqpratwcity

i might be wrong, , but doesn't he have to be under 22 AND british?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Max Ehmer on 09:21 - Aug 2 with 1044 viewsMarc

Max Ehmer on 09:13 - Aug 2 by isawqpratwcity

i might be wrong, , but doesn't he have to be under 22 AND british?

Homegrown as opposed to being english

Homegrown means a player could have come from abroad at 15/16 to join the academy and after spending four years there they will qualify

As for the age thing, see my first post in this thread
Max Ehmer on 09:22 - Aug 2 with 1042 viewssaxbend

Nope. There is a home grown quota required for the 25 but that's a separate rule. Any youngsters are eligible to play without taking a 25 spot.
Max Ehmer on 09:24 - Aug 2 with 1039 viewsisawqpratwcity

Max Ehmer on 09:21 - Aug 2 by Marc

Homegrown as opposed to being english

Homegrown means a player could have come from abroad at 15/16 to join the academy and after spending four years there they will qualify

As for the age thing, see my first post in this thread

ta.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Max Ehmer on 14:27 - Aug 2 with 915 viewsbaz_qpr

I don't think Ehmer or Doughty are the real deal, the fact that neither has yet to play championship football would also suggest this, our kids have to play at championship level not league one if they are to step up. Sadly I don't think we have anything at the moment having lost the two most promising to other clubs before they turned 16
Max Ehmer on 14:55 - Aug 2 with 887 viewsDunstable_hoop

I'm at Arlesey now and it looks like emmer, doughty, Sutherland and a few other prominent youngsters are playing. I'll let you know how they get on.
Max Ehmer on 21:03 - Aug 2 with 802 viewsW12SG2

Ehmer was poor/average for Stevenage - season before last playing left midfield - but had his moments. At his age though he should be knocking on the door, not another season on loan. Doughty was quality at Stevenage last season. Wouldn't have any worries about him in the championship, not sure about the premier league but a decent prospect if he gets the right coaching. Andrade was at Stevenage as well last year - could out run a cheetah but can't cross. If we could get rid of SWP we'd have an identical player on the books at a fraction of the cross. Again, might be a prospect with the right coaching but not holding my breath on that & he'll probably end up at MK DOns/Brentford etc.
I do watch QPR as well as Stevenage by the way, but their ground is a short walk from my house and they need all the support they can get. I was in the away end though for the friendly back in 2009ish. Worried for a while Stevenage would overtake QPR as they rose and QPR sunk - looks like a distant prospect now but the Sheffield clubs, Wolves, Coventry etc probably never expected the Stevenage experience in the league.
Max Ehmer on 21:48 - Aug 2 with 774 viewsWeaverQPR

You do feel its make or break for some of this crop now.

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024