Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? 22:19 - Aug 14 with 16837 viewsloftboy

At the start of June I went for my annual blood pressure check at the Drs, he weighed me where to my horror at weight had gone up to exactly 150kilos ( nearly 24 stone) when I got married in 1991 I I was 96kilos (151/2 stone) anyway after some more blood tests he told me I was on the verge of diabetes , osteoporosis and would probably be dead within 10 years ( I'm only 47).
Thinking of the kids more than anything I immediately changed my diet and a couple of weeks later rejoined my local gym, I do what is known as the milon circuit 3 times a week and swim 32 lengths of the 25m pool twice a week, went back to the Drs yesterday for a follow up and now weigh 131 kilos, a 19 kilo loss which is exactly 3 stone, still got another 40 odd to go but already I can buy clothes from normal shops instead of the Fatman dept. I only wish I had had the kick up the arse years ago.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:11 - Sep 18 with 2290 viewsDiscodroids

well done loft boy, ive only just seen this thread.

what yourve done takes a lot of willpower.

well in mate.

i treated my body like a temple over the years, the temple of doom.

managed to sack all the stupid stuff a few years ago, thanks to the mrs but my weight has shot up 3 stone since doing so.i was easily drinking 4o pints a week when i worked in the city as well as the naughty stuff
.stupid and selfish.

cut back the pints as well but still hover round 15 1/2 stone and need to shift two.

still drinking around 15 pints a week so could do with knocking that down by another 5.

ive swaped charlie for nobbys nuts , my big weakness!so a bit less expensive but not so good for the gut.

its real bastard getting old !

well done again mate. you and others on this thread have inspired me.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2014 20:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 2284 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When I was commuting for work to Poland and England, I was at 17 stone. It was always going to be temporary but 17 stone shocked me.

Was put on the Fodmaps diet due to allergies and intolerances. It cuts out fructose and lactose and certain carbos. These are the triggers for IBS but also, it turns out, the diet plan does wonders for weight loss and other health gains.

It's not that restrictive but one of the side effects is no bread, and rice instead of pasta. The commute is over now, so I'm back exercising, but it's the diet that's done it. I'm at 14' 2" (the lowest since my surfing days) with very little effort, can eat all meats, most veg, rice, some fruits, stout or porter instead of lager and a whole lot more besides. What is immediately obvious is that the Western diet has far, far too much carbos in it.

I feel great, the stomach is as good as new, and it doesn't feel remotely like a sacrifice. Can't recommend it enough. Google it or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:17 - Sep 18 with 2279 viewsDWQPR

Well done Loftboy, as someone who also decided that enough was enough and started swimming every morning doing one kilometre without stopping and watching what I eat, (although I can still fit in a bar of chocolate most days), on my first weigh in on 1st September, 25 days after starting, I was down from 18st 10ib to 17st 12lb, a loss of 12ibs. Chuffed as Mr Chuff in Chuffland I was. A short that I bought to wear on holiday that was as tight as fûck across my chest now fits with ample room, a suit where I stopped wearing because I burst the button on the waistband now fits with the belt down a hole and larger shirts are now getting too large. Bloody enjoying it too, pretty much cut out bread altogether, I think that I have had two pieces of toast in the last three weeks and don't eat much pasta anyway, plenty of salads and fish and fruit. Looking forward to the next weigh in at the end of the month. looking forward to going to LR on Saturday and not having to squeeze throughh the turnstiles! Keep it going Loftboy.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 2264 viewsDiscodroids

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:14 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

When I was commuting for work to Poland and England, I was at 17 stone. It was always going to be temporary but 17 stone shocked me.

Was put on the Fodmaps diet due to allergies and intolerances. It cuts out fructose and lactose and certain carbos. These are the triggers for IBS but also, it turns out, the diet plan does wonders for weight loss and other health gains.

It's not that restrictive but one of the side effects is no bread, and rice instead of pasta. The commute is over now, so I'm back exercising, but it's the diet that's done it. I'm at 14' 2" (the lowest since my surfing days) with very little effort, can eat all meats, most veg, rice, some fruits, stout or porter instead of lager and a whole lot more besides. What is immediately obvious is that the Western diet has far, far too much carbos in it.

I feel great, the stomach is as good as new, and it doesn't feel remotely like a sacrifice. Can't recommend it enough. Google it or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

im gonna look into that bri, sounds good.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:25 - Sep 18 with 2261 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:24 - Sep 18 by Discodroids

Me too

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:27 - Sep 18 with 2258 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry, loftboy, meant to say "well done"!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 21:08 - Sep 18 with 2228 viewsDiscodroids

in the world of 3D printers electric cars and wind farms why cant some boffin invent zero calorie lager ,he could have a crack at me mrs.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 21:19 - Sep 18 with 2224 viewsWokingR

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 20:24 - Sep 18 by Discodroids

Just read the list of "bad" foods on that diet list.
The wife is going to love it because everything on the list makes me fart
Login to get fewer ads

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 01:02 - Sep 19 with 2163 viewsJAPRANGERS

All the best Loftboy!

For me, sex, running, sex, boxing and did I mention sex, keeps my weight steady.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:13 - Sep 19 with 2118 viewsMytch_QPR

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 21:08 - Sep 18 by Discodroids

in the world of 3D printers electric cars and wind farms why cant some boffin invent zero calorie lager ,he could have a crack at me mrs.

I might be a bit slow this morning, Droid - been up all night in a Glasgow curry house with Nicola Sturgeon (she was in a right state, I can tell you)...

Anyway, what I'm trying to establish is this: are you offering your good lady wife for recreational purposes to the inventor of Lager Lite, or are you suggesting that your dearly beloved consumes too much of the old amber nectar, and therefore 'having a crack at me mrs' refers to supplying said 0% lager on a sort of guinea pig basis (not comparing Mrs Droid to a guinea pig, you understand)...

Just clarifying, like.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:37 - Sep 19 with 2106 viewsDiscodroids

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:13 - Sep 19 by Mytch_QPR

I might be a bit slow this morning, Droid - been up all night in a Glasgow curry house with Nicola Sturgeon (she was in a right state, I can tell you)...

Anyway, what I'm trying to establish is this: are you offering your good lady wife for recreational purposes to the inventor of Lager Lite, or are you suggesting that your dearly beloved consumes too much of the old amber nectar, and therefore 'having a crack at me mrs' refers to supplying said 0% lager on a sort of guinea pig basis (not comparing Mrs Droid to a guinea pig, you understand)...

Just clarifying, like.

'ere mytch, if a bloke comes along in a white coat with biro's sticking out of his pocket a'la 'les' from vic reeves big night out with the formulae to zero calorie lager , i'll even give him a gam!.

hope your heads ok this morning mate!

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:55 - Sep 19 with 2090 viewsMytch_QPR

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:37 - Sep 19 by Discodroids

'ere mytch, if a bloke comes along in a white coat with biro's sticking out of his pocket a'la 'les' from vic reeves big night out with the formulae to zero calorie lager , i'll even give him a gam!.

hope your heads ok this morning mate!

I'm alright mate, but little Nikki S is gently weeping into her tartan pillow, while Alec is downstairs smashing up the kitchen and drawing up plans for an invasion (he's got those arrows like the ones at the beginning of Dad's Army). It's all going to kick off, big time.

In terms of the original thread, the only solution (immediate) to the lager issue is to expend as much energy as the number of calories in the can / drinking receptacle (i.e. drink it on a treadmill in a sauna). It's not ideal, but it's something.

Half Marathon for me in Farnham on Sunday, followed by a few pints in the evening (pain and pleasure principle).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 11:43 - Sep 19 with 2067 viewsFredManRave

Well Done, Loftboy. Keep up the good work.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 12:08 - Sep 19 with 2043 viewspaulparker

Good stuff Loft Boy , it kin tough shifting the weight mate
4 years back I was 14 stone, Mrs was cooking me desperate dan meals every night ,as well has me drinking pints after work & zero exercise
I remember taking Mrs P from behind one evening and noticed my gut resting on her ar*se , enough was enough I needed to change
im only 5"8 and stocky build so the weight made me look like odd job as well
anyway I done the weight watchers diet and bought a running machine , I used to run 12km a week nothing to major anyway I got my weight down to just under 11 stone
I was cock of the walk being able to buy waist 32 inch waist again
it did become a bit obsessive as anything bad I would eat I would then have to go running or do press ups and pull ups so I didn't feel fat again
alas I stopped the running and went back to my old ways and have gone back up to just over 12 stone ,
may have to get the running shoes on again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 12:39 - Sep 19 with 2024 viewsDiscodroids

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 12:08 - Sep 19 by paulparker

4 years back I was 14 stone, Mrs was cooking me desperate dan meals every night ,as well has me drinking pints after work & zero exercise
I remember taking Mrs P from behind one evening and noticed my gut resting on her ar*se , enough was enough I needed to change
anyway I done the weight watchers diet and bought a running machine , I used to run 12km a week nothing to major anyway I got my weight down to just under 11 stone
it did become a bit obsessive as anything bad I would eat I would then have to go running or do press ups and pull ups so I didn't feel fat again
alas I stopped the running and went back to my old ways and have gone back up to just over 12 stone ,

I remember taking Mrs P from behind one evening and noticed my gut resting on her ar*se , enough was enough I needed to change ..

HAHAHAHAHA.....

12 stone!!! i used to do lines of ching that weighed more!!.

love you pp.

xx

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 12:55 - Sep 19 with 2014 viewsFredManRave

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 12:08 - Sep 19 by paulparker

So on the one hand Loftboy is blowing his own trumpet on here whilst on the other Mrs P won't be blowing yours for a while?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:01 - Sep 19 with 2006 viewspaulparker

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 12:55 - Sep 19 by FredManRave

So on the one hand Loftboy is blowing his own trumpet on here whilst on the other Mrs P won't be blowing yours for a while?!

Mrs P never reads what's on here Fred, any case you may be right as she has gone to Magaluf for a week with the "Girls " (Gawd help Magaluf especially that carnage tour)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:36 - Sep 19 with 1955 viewsqprcanadabc

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:41 - Aug 14 by bobby

Well done mate..
I have never been overweight but was diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol..
didn't want to go on meds so I went on a raw food diet and researched nutrition and exercise ..
I have learnt that most diseases are reversible..
quit all junk food, processed wheat, all foods labelled low fat that have healthy fat replaced with chemicals..
I drink raw milk, bucket loads of fruit and veg, organic meat (mainly game and lamb), wild fish, and avoid stress (apart from QPR)..
and get loads of fresh air and exercise
I will outlive all the doctors that tried to poison me with drugs and I feel like Tarzan..

where do you get the raw milk? it is impossible to find over here...so no BP meds eh? brilliant...and good for you...any websites you would suggest re nutrition (i have hypertension too, and tomorrow i will blame MH for it rather than myself ;))
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 10:40 - Sep 20 with 1917 viewsAunt_Nelly

Good work Loftboy.

Keep on keepin' on.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 21:24 - Oct 17 with 1868 viewsloftboy

Up to 4 1/2 stone now, the speed of weight loss has slowed down but I have a visible increase in muscle size, I used to be a size 46" trouser and that was wearing my jeans below the belly so was probably nearer 50", I managed to buy a pair of jeans today that is 40" so well chuffed.
Still attending the gym 3 days a week on circuit training, swim 50 lengths of the 25 metre pool twice a week, I even tried out a spinning class yesterday but by Christ that was hard.
Sorry to bump this again but I use this thread for motivation.
Still haven't had a chocolate bar since June!

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:04 - Oct 17 with 1840 viewswestberksr

Well played mate. The weight loss will slow down but as long as you can see/feel the improvements that's all that matters.some people are naturally big but the difference is between healthy or not.

Stay off the chocolate, your doing a great job.

My kid brother had a gastric bypass and went back to eating crap, complete waste of time and breaks my heart to see the state he is in, terrible example to the kids.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:12 - Oct 17 with 1830 viewskensalriser

1.25km is a pretty serious swim! Key to it all is to change your diet for good You don't have to be a hairshirt as long as you stay off the junk most of the time, but you'll probably find that that the less of it you eat the less you'll like it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:28 - Oct 17 with 1821 viewsBrightonhoop

Keep up the good work Loftboy, the path of the righteous is littered and all that. Pretty impressive results.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:38 - Oct 17 with 1814 viewsDWQPR

Doing great Loftboy, the real test is getting through the turnstiles at HQ without cursing that the bloody things are too small. My own monthly weigh in at the start of October showed that I had gone down to 17st 4lb from my original 18st 10lb on 5th August, Swim 1km each weekday and on a Saturday morning, which gives me a free breakfast calorie wise, not starving myself of chocolate, enjoy a bit most days, but pretty much cut out bread, both white and brown and generally the only real carbs I eat in a meal now is brown rice. Have gone down from a 42 waist size to a 38 waist and am back wearing suits that I gave up on 5 years ago! Will only weigh once a month at the start and looking forward to seeing those scales get back into the 16st area rather than seeing the needle wizz past! Oh and the turnstiles have certainly gotten bigger over the last month!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:55 - Oct 18 with 1773 viewsade_qpr

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 21:24 - Oct 17 by loftboy

Up to 4 1/2 stone now, the speed of weight loss has slowed down but I have a visible increase in muscle size, I used to be a size 46" trouser and that was wearing my jeans below the belly so was probably nearer 50", I managed to buy a pair of jeans today that is 40" so well chuffed.
Still attending the gym 3 days a week on circuit training, swim 50 lengths of the 25 metre pool twice a week, I even tried out a spinning class yesterday but by Christ that was hard.
Sorry to bump this again but I use this thread for motivation.
Still haven't had a chocolate bar since June!

Well done LB. Keep going, remember with the exercise any extra muscle weights more than fat and the bodies metabolism tries to slow as you eat less too so don't be alarmed if the weight loss slows a little. Belt size is great measure.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024