Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? 22:19 - Aug 14 with 16889 viewsloftboy

At the start of June I went for my annual blood pressure check at the Drs, he weighed me where to my horror at weight had gone up to exactly 150kilos ( nearly 24 stone) when I got married in 1991 I I was 96kilos (151/2 stone) anyway after some more blood tests he told me I was on the verge of diabetes , osteoporosis and would probably be dead within 10 years ( I'm only 47).
Thinking of the kids more than anything I immediately changed my diet and a couple of weeks later rejoined my local gym, I do what is known as the milon circuit 3 times a week and swim 32 lengths of the 25m pool twice a week, went back to the Drs yesterday for a follow up and now weigh 131 kilos, a 19 kilo loss which is exactly 3 stone, still got another 40 odd to go but already I can buy clothes from normal shops instead of the Fatman dept. I only wish I had had the kick up the arse years ago.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 15:00 - Mar 13 with 2168 viewsMytch_QPR

The real positive, Loftboy, is that you've probably added years on to your life. Given that QPR reach a Wembley final of some sort roughly every 20 years or so (on average), you should get to see a couple more big games - we may even win something!!!!!!

Fantastic achievement for you and Mrs Loftboy. You should celebrate with a pint of green tea and half a carrot.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 15:34 - Mar 13 with 2153 viewsdanehoop

Loftboy,

truly an inspiring achievement, well done!

I must admit reading that has already shamed me and made realise that I have slipped off my own regime over the past week. I was ill after Christmas and with the illness itself and then a change of diet imposed by the Dr. I found that I went from a slighty chubby 5ft 7 82KG to a much less chubby 75KG in a few weeks. I was going down the gym again too and reapidly found myself dropping a waist size and suit size.

However, for the past few weeks I haven't been as good at diet or exercise and just realised that weight is starting to come back. Reading your post has got me back on track and now I am off to the gym again tomorrow and taking control of the shopping basket again when we go to Sainsbury's in the morning. Time to get focused on getting healthy again!

Never knowingly understood

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 15:03 - May 11 with 2024 viewsloftboy

Haven't done an update for a while, was stuck on the same weight for several weeks, changed a few things in my diet and am now exactly 17 stone, 3 more pounds and I would have lost 7 stone, now in a size 38 trouser and need a belt so hopefully will be a 36 soon, my mrs lost over a stone having her op and has now lost 7 1/2 stone and she looks cracking. 2 more stone and I reckon I've cracked it.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 15:17 - May 11 with 2005 viewswestberksr

well done Loftboy

at least someone has some good news today! i've been stress eating for the past month or so with all of our shit going on; now it's decided once and for all i can get back into a non-chocolate & beer regime.

keep up the good work and the updates.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:05 - Oct 29 with 1807 viewsloftboy

Sorry to bump this again but I have just bought a pair of 36" waist jeans, first time in that size since 1990, my weight has stabalised at about 107kilos but am now running on the treadmill 5k 4 times a week uphill, have just gone below 30 minutes for the first time, doing lots of weights as well and have seen a noticeable increase in muscle size hence the weight not getting any lower.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:08 - Oct 29 with 1796 viewsBrightonhoop

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:05 - Oct 29 by loftboy

Sorry to bump this again but I have just bought a pair of 36" waist jeans, first time in that size since 1990, my weight has stabalised at about 107kilos but am now running on the treadmill 5k 4 times a week uphill, have just gone below 30 minutes for the first time, doing lots of weights as well and have seen a noticeable increase in muscle size hence the weight not getting any lower.

Good man, keep at it. Might have to tap you for ideas as I am rapidly going in the other direction....and now it's lunch time again already.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:11 - Oct 29 with 1790 viewsDiscodroids

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:05 - Oct 29 by loftboy

amazing loft boy. ive gone the other wa..y 13 stone to fifteen and a half in 3 years!!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 15:22 - Oct 29 with 1729 viewsMvpeter

Massive respect to you mate.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 16:39 - Oct 29 with 1688 viewsnix

Well done Loftboy.

Great effort.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 18:43 - Oct 29 with 1641 viewsjohncharles

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 13:11 - Oct 29 by Discodroids

amazing loft boy. ive gone the other wa..y 13 stone to fifteen and a half in 3 years!!

Well all that weight had to go somewhere Disco. He's shifted a fair bit on me as well.
Loftboy, as my clothes get too small for me perhaps we do a swap ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 18:55 - Oct 29 with 1626 viewsDiscodroids

downfall for me Mr Charles.... lager, nuts, crisps, the love of a good woman/contentment and of course , giving up the bugle in 2010 after twenty years !.

Loftboy has shown me the way. Iron will and determination .ive been saying that ever since this thread started!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:13 - Apr 18 with 1336 viewsloftboy

Having had my marriage break up in December,moe back to Bracknell after 25 years away I stopped going to the gym, finally joined a local one today, got on the scales to find my weight has dropped to 100 kilos exactly, so I've lost exactly 1/3 of my body weight, could only manage 2k on the treadmill which was a disappointment but I'm sure it won't take long to build the stamina back up, extra weight loss must have been down to stress I reckon.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:49 - Apr 18 with 1320 viewsHitch

Keep going mate, everyday a little bit further. Pump some weights, that's gives you a buzz.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 08:25 - Apr 19 with 1280 viewsWokingR

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:49 - Apr 18 by Hitch

Keep going mate, everyday a little bit further. Pump some weights, that's gives you a buzz.

It will also help you fill out some of that excess skin that everyone gets left with after a big weight loss. You will start to fill out again and put a bit of weight back on but in a good way.
Good luck mate
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 17:01 - Apr 19 with 1207 viewsisawqpratwcity

I have to say kudos: losing 50 kg, and 33% of your body weight, are both seriously impressive.

I don't know about you, but I don't trust my scales to weigh that accurately. Although they are, in theory, supposed to be accurate to 50g, I've got a reading, stepped off and waited for the scales to turn themselves off (about 3 seconds) then got back on them and got a hugely different reading. Two point two kilos is the biggest variation between contiguous readings and I've had that margin several times. So I go more on trends and smooth out readings over several days. A bloke was telling me that his old Dad was told by his doctor to weigh himself frequently to determine by the variation in readings if he was getting dehydrated; I thought that was ludicrous!

Anyway, good stuff!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 18:31 - Apr 19 with 1191 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well done to Loftboy and all the others who have stuck at getting fit and healthy, it isn't easy as I can testify. After our first home game of the season against Cardiff I went to run back to the car to get a quick getaway down Bloemfontein Rd. to the M40 and only got about 50m before stopping and gasping for breath. I went to the doctors and had a check up as I am 61 and didn't want to do anything without being assessed first. Well, I was 108 kgs, B.P. was 185/ 92. Cholesterol was 5.6 (high) and I was told I had a 20% chance of a fatal heart attack within 10 years. I was offered Statins etc. but I asked if I could have a go at sorting it myself with diet and exercise then come back in 6 months, which he was happy to do. Since then I have limited my food intake to 12-1300 calories a day and only "healthy" foods like porridge and half a banana for breakfast. An apple and a banana for lunch, nutritious evening meals of around 5-600 calories and several cups of green tea a day. I also began going to the gym in November and now do a gruelling 3 hours, 3 times a week which, coupled with the exercise I get doing archery 2-3 times a week has meant that when I revisited the doctors a fortnight ago my B.P. was 118/60 with a resting heart rate below 50 regularly. My Cholesterol was down to 4.2 of which 4.1 was the good cholesterol (LDL) and my weight was down to 77 Kgs. with body fat below 20%. I can also do 5 miles in under 50 minutes on the high impact Interval Programme and a welcome bonus is I sleep like a baby every night, no more tossing and turning with interrupted sleep. I can also now run back to the car at a fair lick now and only be slightly winded LOL.

The grass is always greener.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 18:43 - Apr 19 with 1178 viewsBrightonhoop

Seriously impressive Loftboy, 50kg down is outstanding.

Stick with it.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 18:46 - Apr 19 with 1178 viewsBoston

'Blowing ones own trumpet'....you'd have to be pretty thin really, or double jointed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024