Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 43667 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 3090 viewsTacticalR

loving the fulham struggles on 13:06 - Aug 21 by FredManRave

David Moyes is surely the answer.

But what is the question?

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 13:31 - Aug 21 with 3047 viewsKonk

I’ve wanted Eddie Howe for ages now. Him or Glenn Hoddle. No idea if either would be any good, but either would surely be preferable to any more mental Felix bingo madness. Mark fu cking Fotheringham is straw that broke the camel’s back.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 13:52 - Aug 21 with 3016 viewsNov77

loving the fulham struggles on 13:31 - Aug 21 by Konk

I’ve wanted Eddie Howe for ages now. Him or Glenn Hoddle. No idea if either would be any good, but either would surely be preferable to any more mental Felix bingo madness. Mark fu cking Fotheringham is straw that broke the camel’s back.

I would so love it if your chairman instructed his secretary to appoint Eddie Howe, and due to some typo you ended up with ......

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

loving the fulham struggles on 14:00 - Aug 21 with 2995 viewsBostonR

loving the fulham struggles on 13:31 - Aug 21 by Konk

I see Warnock turned down the Huddersfield job. He still has a home in London and my money would be on him. He would be great at Fulham.
loving the fulham struggles on 14:04 - Aug 21 with 2984 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 14:00 - Aug 21 by BostonR

I see Warnock turned down the Huddersfield job. He still has a home in London and my money would be on him. He would be great at Fulham.

I would sooner w ank a dog off on the pitch at half-time that have NW down at Fulham. I wouldn’t let him in to watch a game, never mind manage the club. He’d use his programme notes every week to moan about Liverpool resting players against Fulham when Sheff Utd were relegated.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:11 - Aug 21 with 2953 views18StoneOfHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 14:00 - Aug 21 by BostonR

Hmmmm.. interesting good shout,Boston.
NW surely does love cycling round Richmond Park - very handy for The Cottage. His whole family, young William 'nd all, loved living in that desirable SW London neighbourhood..might be a good,temporary fix.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/interviews/london-is-perfect-for-my-family-says-

Our glamorous Glenn Hoddle? Behave yerself Konk, you've got 15x less chance than Croydon's Crippled Alice of that one... way out of your league..quite literally.

Like HR, grizzled old campaigner NW would absolutely relish one last stab at promotion too..could be a temporary good fit.. FFS FFC could certainly do a lot worse.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 14:27]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:12 - Aug 21 with 2950 viewspaulparker

loving the fulham struggles on 14:04 - Aug 21 by Konk

I would sooner w ank a dog off on the pitch at half-time that have NW down at Fulham. I wouldn’t let him in to watch a game, never mind manage the club. He’d use his programme notes every week to moan about Liverpool resting players against Fulham when Sheff Utd were relegated.

We all thought the same KONK Before he came to us, in my lifetime one of the best managers we've had, he would get you up and build a team around young Roberts
still has a house around Richmond I believe
the only thing you would need to put up with is him banging on about the "cottage" as a proper football stadium etc, oh and expect Paddy Kenny in goal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

loving the fulham struggles on 14:12 - Aug 21 with 2950 viewsBostonR

I must admit when I first heard he was coming to R's I threw the towel in. I am not his greatest fan but as a Chanpionship manager he nails it.

He would keep you in the Championship, make you hard to beat and he can conjure up a miracle now and then - he took us to the Premier. He is a perfect fit.
Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 14:16 - Aug 21 with 2938 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think he's happily doing a bit of media and enjoying his farm in Cornwall now isnt he? Just turned down Huddersfield, mind you one final final pay day at Fulham living back in Richmond part time might suit him, but think he won't
loving the fulham struggles on 14:16 - Aug 21 with 2938 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 14:12 - Aug 21 by BostonR

I must admit when I first heard he was coming to R's I threw the towel in. I am not his greatest fan but as a Chanpionship manager he nails it.

He would keep you in the Championship, make you hard to beat and he can conjure up a miracle now and then - he took us to the Premier. He is a perfect fit.

I would genuinely rather go down with Magath than have NW managing Fulham. Can’t stand the bloke. His last words on Earth will probably be, “what still rankles is that we’d definitely have stayed-up if Liverpool hadn’t rested players against Fulham”.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:19 - Aug 21 with 3007 viewsToast_R

I never like him either when he was at Sheffield United. He's not a likeable bloke when he's not working for your team.

Given that, he is one of the finest football league managers around.

Fulham's predicament smacks of what QPR went through in the mid to late 90s. The fans believe they have a God given right to be at the top of the table and can't understand the inept performances against "lesser" teams. Spending big money on "Proven" Players who will score goals to get you back up but for some reason look totally useless.... Ah yes we've all been there.

The management changes will come next, then inevitably the ownership...
loving the fulham struggles on 14:23 - Aug 21 with 2998 viewsBostonR

loving the fulham struggles on 14:16 - Aug 21 by Konk

I would genuinely rather go down with Magath than have NW managing Fulham. Can’t stand the bloke. His last words on Earth will probably be, “what still rankles is that we’d definitely have stayed-up if Liverpool hadn’t rested players against Fulham”.

konk-trust me, you do not want to fall into League 1. We were there and I can tell you it is a very long way back! I actually like you lot, (6-0 hammering apart) but I would fear for you if that happened as both us and Brentford would seriously pull away from you.

You need to stay in the Championship or bounce back immediately. Only a few mangers have that experience and desire. NW would be one and perhaps Chris Hughton could do it.
loving the fulham struggles on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 2982 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 14:23 - Aug 21 by BostonR

konk-trust me, you do not want to fall into League 1. We were there and I can tell you it is a very long way back! I actually like you lot, (6-0 hammering apart) but I would fear for you if that happened as both us and Brentford would seriously pull away from you.

You need to stay in the Championship or bounce back immediately. Only a few mangers have that experience and desire. NW would be one and perhaps Chris Hughton could do it.

I've watched Fulham in divisions 3 and 4 for plenty of years, and I'd cope with it again if the worst came to the worst. There are only 2-3 managers/players that I desperately wouldn't want at my club and whilst I don't doubt NW would do a decent job, I just couldn't wish him well.

As for God-given right to be in the top division - might be true of some of our fans, but I think most of our 30+ fans are pretty realistic about who and what we are; our natural spot is probably somewhere round the middle of the second division. Very few were expecting us to go up this year, with the general consensus being that the play-offs would represent a good season.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 2972 viewsTacticalR

Konk, that sounds like a great idea for half-time entertainment, and should bring the missing fans back to the Cottage.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 14:48 - Aug 21 with 2929 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 14:35 - Aug 21 by TacticalR

Konk, that sounds like a great idea for half-time entertainment, and should bring the missing fans back to the Cottage.

I've suggested it to the club in the past - even said I'd bring a dog along at no cost to the club, but apparently it's "illegal" - whatever that means.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:49 - Aug 21 with 2926 views18StoneOfHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 14:35 - Aug 21 by TacticalR

Spot on Tactical. Rope Keith,Lily,Hughie and Diddy David in too and you've got a sure fire wholesome canine bukkake shower family fun friendly fiesta 15 minute hit on your hands. Genius.

Memories,misty-coloured watered memories of the way Fugham were:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1160342/Credit-crunch-hit-Lily-Alle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1277952/Lily-Allen-breaks-tears-bel

We're full of helpful suggestions for our good FFC neighbours,Konky old pip.
I can easily see this thread cruising past 15 pages at least.
I'd even suggest The Hooped Friends of Fulham could become a bigger,more influential, LFW cult clique than the ginger hedgepigs or Frankie Knuckles lovers.

BTW are you off to Griffin in the League Cup on Tuesday night?
I'll be there!

I can see what Konk is about to print below and have to admit in all honesty that that Margot Robbie is a 100% right classy genuine pneumatic bonza Aussie minx.
Mind you, DH might be pushing 60 now but we'll always have the super fit back in the 78-80 day Debbie Harry,thanks to Chris Wright - [otherwise boo!] - and his Crysalis records company.
Even the dear little Bees have Cameron Diaz thanks to their California exiled restaurant owning ex-Chairman Dan Tana but she is prone to shocking spots unlike the other two nubile blonde hotties.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 15:19]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:59 - Aug 21 with 2902 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 14:49 - Aug 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

Spot on Tactical. Rope Keith,Lily,Hughie and Diddy David in too and you've got a sure fire wholesome canine bukkake shower family fun friendly fiesta 15 minute hit on your hands. Genius.

Memories,misty-coloured watered memories of the way Fugham were:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1160342/Credit-crunch-hit-Lily-Alle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1277952/Lily-Allen-breaks-tears-bel

We're full of helpful suggestions for our good FFC neighbours,Konky old pip.
I can easily see this thread cruising past 15 pages at least.
I'd even suggest The Hooped Friends of Fulham could become a bigger,more influential, LFW cult clique than the ginger hedgepigs or Frankie Knuckles lovers.

BTW are you off to Griffin in the League Cup on Tuesday night?
I'll be there!

I can see what Konk is about to print below and have to admit in all honesty that that Margot Robbie is a 100% right classy genuine pneumatic bonza Aussie minx.
Mind you, DH might be pushing 60 now but we'll always have the super fit back in the 78-80 day Debbie Harry,thanks to Chris Wright - [otherwise boo!] - and his Crysalis records company.
Even the dear little Bees have Cameron Diaz thanks to their California exiled restaurant owning ex-Chairman Dan Tana but she is prone to shocking spots unlike the other two nubile blonde hotties.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 15:19]

Didn't get a ticket as I don't have a season-ticket these days and the season-tickets that were available didn't have enough loyalty points on them, so no I won't be there - expect us to lose against them too! Wonder if Felix will make any changes for a LC game...

Bit of an upgrade on Lily Allen - Margot Robbie. Aussie actress and long time White (the wife from Wolf of Wall Street). Classy girl.

loving the fulham struggles on 15:01 - Aug 21 with 2898 viewsElHoop

Howe is a good call. He looks the part. People used to keep going on about that bloke at MK Dons but Howe has actually done it and is still doing it.
loving the fulham struggles on 15:54 - Aug 21 with 2829 viewsbatmanhoop

18,800 is a cracking gate to be fair, especially if Wolves brought under 3,000. Listened to the game on radio 5 last night, Claridge ripped into Mr. Magoo. Need to make a decision to replace him soon, still think there is enough there to challenge for promotion
loving the fulham struggles on 23:55 - Aug 21 with 2652 viewsNortholt_Rs

loving the fulham struggles on 09:57 - Aug 21 by nadera78

Can I just officially state that I didn't give a flying one about Fulham when they were PL and we were broke, and I still don't give a flying one about Fulham.

I do....I hate 'em with a vengeance

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

loving the fulham struggles on 02:07 - Aug 22 with 2597 viewsSonofNorfolt

loving the fulham struggles on 23:55 - Aug 21 by Northolt_Rs

I do....I hate 'em with a vengeance

I don't.
In my lifetime we've never really been enemies, not really.
Chelsea v Fulham. Rangers v Brentford. They were the derbies.
However, since the '60's the relative success has changed and we, for a little while, on the pitch at least, went from last to first of the four West London clubs in terms of hierachy.
Brentford haven't beaten us for nearly fifty years, and although hold a genuine disdain for ourselves, many Bees I know, are looking forward to duelling with Fulham more, as their previous encounters are much more recent in the memory.
Chelsea are stellar now, but most of their older followers from West London, not Surrey or Sussex, understand what a thorn in their side we became in the '70's, '80's and early '90's. Emphatically reinforced with our win in the Ferdinand/Terry game.
Some of the Cottagers younger following tried to manufacture a full blown rivalry, with many younger 'R's rising to the bait, but schadenfreude, a word surely designed for football usage, has now ruined their superior than though overtones. The original Fulham followers who were there when they were shiit, like Konk, know better.
In the next decade or so, I can envisage us developing a hatred for someone like Bayer Leverkusen or Sevilla after or disgraceful treatment in '17, or the blatant penalty not given in 2020. Be nice wouldn't it?
loving the fulham struggles on 08:52 - Aug 22 with 2469 viewsthame_hoops

loving the fulham struggles on 14:59 - Aug 21 by Konk

Didn't get a ticket as I don't have a season-ticket these days and the season-tickets that were available didn't have enough loyalty points on them, so no I won't be there - expect us to lose against them too! Wonder if Felix will make any changes for a LC game...

Bit of an upgrade on Lily Allen - Margot Robbie. Aussie actress and long time White (the wife from Wolf of Wall Street). Classy girl.

is that fulhams new jersey or a training top?
loving the fulham struggles on 09:00 - Aug 22 with 2457 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 08:52 - Aug 22 by thame_hoops

is that fulhams new jersey or a training top?

It’s part of the club’s confused marketing strategy that emphasises our history and place as London’s oldest senior club, makes a lot of tradition etc, and then has us playing at home in a grey and white striped shirt with orange trim, wan ky modern badge and 1950’s Sci-fi font sponsor. It’s bloody terrible, isn’t it.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:21 - Aug 22 with 2442 viewsderbyhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 10:04 - Aug 21 by Jamie

As already mentioned, they've used 21 separate players in 3 games. Seem to be just chucking lineups around until something sticks.

Has Penfold stolen Redknapp's team picking to bola machine?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 09:37 - Aug 22 with 2431 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:21 - Aug 22 by derbyhoop

Has Penfold stolen Redknapp's team picking to bola machine?

It's the mad world of Felix Bingo, where literally anything can happen. The bookies have suspended betting on Magath naming a changed side at Derby tomorrow. The really interesting thing will be seeing what he does in the LC — will he go all out and give debuts to eleven more players? Don’t cry, young boy on the sidelines, sooner or later everyone gets a game at Fulham/the Cubs district six-a-side cup.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024