Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 44193 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 13:58 - Aug 17 with 7626 viewsRs_Holy

Couldnt give a monkeys to be honest.... That said I hope brentford beat them in the league and cup
loving the fulham struggles on 16:43 - Aug 17 with 7394 viewssmegma

Maybe they stayed away in numbers as the opposition had sold 6,000 tickets???
loving the fulham struggles on 17:00 - Aug 17 with 7354 viewsGetMeRangers

loving the fulham struggles on 16:43 - Aug 17 by smegma

Maybe they stayed away in numbers as the opposition had sold 6,000 tickets???

Having 'Big' teams in your league can boast your attendances... have Milwall in your league and watch the attendances be suppressed!
loving the fulham struggles on 17:08 - Aug 17 with 7318 viewsStantheman

I'd rather have our rivals play in the same league so we get the chance of beating them twice a year, and for the X factor a local derby brings to the atmosphere in the ground and the field of play.
But I do find their current situation f*king funny (sry konk) but I hope they get promoted.
loving the fulham struggles on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 7282 viewsQPR1882

loving the fulham struggles on 17:00 - Aug 17 by GetMeRangers

Having 'Big' teams in your league can boast your attendances... have Milwall in your league and watch the attendances be suppressed!

We always sold out v Millwall

Chelsea,Cardiff,West Ham to name just a few have just as bad a reputation as Millwall but Fulham always sold out against them in the Premier. I think Fulhams crowd had more to do with the division they are in rather then who they were playing.
loving the fulham struggles on 19:40 - Aug 17 with 7047 viewsLazyFan

loving the fulham struggles on 17:21 - Aug 17 by QPR1882

We always sold out v Millwall

Chelsea,Cardiff,West Ham to name just a few have just as bad a reputation as Millwall but Fulham always sold out against them in the Premier. I think Fulhams crowd had more to do with the division they are in rather then who they were playing.

Hi,
I have to agree. Often I would hear about neutrals using Fulham as the place to go and watch a Prem game. As you stood a chance of getting a ticket on general sale against the smaller Prem clubs like Wigan and so on.

So, now there is no Prem football, these types will have to travel the extra to Burnley :P

zzzzzzzzzz

loving the fulham struggles on 20:57 - Aug 17 with 6934 viewsenfieldargh

according to Radio London, 4,000 wall

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

loving the fulham struggles on 22:38 - Aug 17 with 6840 viewsJuzzie

loving the fulham struggles on 20:57 - Aug 17 by enfieldargh

according to Radio London, 4,000 wall

4000 officially sold. I think there is still the neutral section so another thousand or so in there.

I'm not revelling in any supposed struggle. Whatever's happens to them this season, happens. If it's not good then all those that took the piss out of us a year or so ago will know exactly how they are feeling.

Besides, we have our own tough season to face.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 22:51]
Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 23:24 - Aug 17 with 6779 viewsganjR

Half Ful are like Brentford to me:
Nice little club that I guess I hope do well.
If/when we play them, I want us to thrash them to get local bragging rights and shut the mouthy online warriors up. Apart from that I find them quaint.
I hate Chelsea, Hearts and Luton and Mark Hughes.
loving the fulham struggles on 08:37 - Aug 18 with 6594 viewsKonk

Modfather:

Last year you got 15,725 against Millwall late in the season when going for promotion. Of that, 1,7000 were Millwall, 14,000 QPR. We got 18,988 against them when a lot of people are on holiday, and of that somewhere between 4,500-5,000 (absolute tops) were Millwall, meaning there were something like 14,000 Fulham in — i.e. the same number as you had at home v them last season. Half of my lot were at weddings (me), on holiday or watching/playing cricket, and I think there must have been something like 1,000+ season tickets not used on Saturday, as the ticket office were reporting over 20,000 tickets sold including season tickets.

I don’t know anyone who’s expecting us to sell-out this season, and as I’ve said numerous times, we probably have a hardcore support of about 15-16,000 these days, who I would expect to turn-up regardless of form or opposition. The fact that a lot of us have big reservations about Magath, we’re playing a team full of kids, and McCormack aside, have spent nothing, means that everyone I know is expecting a bit of a slog this season; hopefully the two opening defeats will have focused the relevant minds on the urgent need to add some experience and physical strength to the side.

I’m not going to flap after two games, though; 44 games left to get things right and hopefully we’ll see some movement on the transfer front between now and the end of August. In terms of disappearing into the abyss, I’d have thought there was as much chance of that happening to Rangers as Fulham; we have no debt, a massively reduced wage bill, owner worth $2bn, ground redevelopment going ahead to take us up to 30,000 (permission granted, tenders out, contracts being signed), successful academy, top notch training ground etc, so theoretically not in the worst position, whereas Rangers have a ground that holds under 19,000, no training ground, debts of £170m+, a potentially huge FFP penalty on the horizon…

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 08:47 - Aug 18 with 6559 viewsganjR

loving the fulham struggles on 08:37 - Aug 18 by Konk

Modfather:

Last year you got 15,725 against Millwall late in the season when going for promotion. Of that, 1,7000 were Millwall, 14,000 QPR. We got 18,988 against them when a lot of people are on holiday, and of that somewhere between 4,500-5,000 (absolute tops) were Millwall, meaning there were something like 14,000 Fulham in — i.e. the same number as you had at home v them last season. Half of my lot were at weddings (me), on holiday or watching/playing cricket, and I think there must have been something like 1,000+ season tickets not used on Saturday, as the ticket office were reporting over 20,000 tickets sold including season tickets.

I don’t know anyone who’s expecting us to sell-out this season, and as I’ve said numerous times, we probably have a hardcore support of about 15-16,000 these days, who I would expect to turn-up regardless of form or opposition. The fact that a lot of us have big reservations about Magath, we’re playing a team full of kids, and McCormack aside, have spent nothing, means that everyone I know is expecting a bit of a slog this season; hopefully the two opening defeats will have focused the relevant minds on the urgent need to add some experience and physical strength to the side.

I’m not going to flap after two games, though; 44 games left to get things right and hopefully we’ll see some movement on the transfer front between now and the end of August. In terms of disappearing into the abyss, I’d have thought there was as much chance of that happening to Rangers as Fulham; we have no debt, a massively reduced wage bill, owner worth $2bn, ground redevelopment going ahead to take us up to 30,000 (permission granted, tenders out, contracts being signed), successful academy, top notch training ground etc, so theoretically not in the worst position, whereas Rangers have a ground that holds under 19,000, no training ground, debts of £170m+, a potentially huge FFP penalty on the horizon…

So technically we are in a better position than you then?
loving the fulham struggles on 09:03 - Aug 18 with 6522 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 08:37 - Aug 18 by Konk

Modfather:

You had no debt when MAF left that could of changed by now and another season in the Championship and your "hardcore" support will dwindle even more and the debt will start going up.

The main thing is if you don't get promoted this season all your best kids will be snapped up and you will be left with a massive rebuild next summer and having FFP to contend with.

I'm sure this redevelopment of your ground has been talked about for years and a bit like our new ground I will believe it when I see it .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2014 9:07]
loving the fulham struggles on 09:05 - Aug 18 with 6516 viewsElHoop

I see that the £11 million munchkin can't even get a game now.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:10 - Aug 18 with 6491 viewsDiscodroid

konks a nice guy and a very witty poster but i just think of that line from american gangster from corrupt copper Turpo

"When’s the last time I was in Jersey? Let me think. Never".

ive got no interest in fulham, brentford or chelsea. none at all.

the fact that swp scored against chelsea means no more to me than him scoring against west ham , spurs etc.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2014 9:21]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

loving the fulham struggles on 09:14 - Aug 18 with 6473 viewspaulparker

i hope they go down as I had a bet at the start of the season at 40-1 that they would

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

loving the fulham struggles on 09:24 - Aug 18 with 6445 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:03 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

You had no debt when MAF left that could of changed by now and another season in the Championship and your "hardcore" support will dwindle even more and the debt will start going up.

The main thing is if you don't get promoted this season all your best kids will be snapped up and you will be left with a massive rebuild next summer and having FFP to contend with.

I'm sure this redevelopment of your ground has been talked about for years and a bit like our new ground I will believe it when I see it .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2014 9:07]

I’m not sure our support will drop off too much — in the latter years of the PL as the capacity went up, it was clearly the case that there were a few thousand there most weeks (usually when we played the bigger clubs) who weren’t proper Fulham. I don’t reckon we’ll have that many fewer Fulham fans in this season than last - anywhere between 15/16,000 — 20,000 if we’re doing okay.

In terms of finances — we have massively reduced our wage bill and I would still expect to see Ruiz, Mitroglu and Rodallega shifted on in the next couple of weeks. If that happens, then we should make a profit during this transfer window. I could well be wrong, but I’m not sure that FFP is going to be a huge issue for us with our recruitment/retention policy to date.

As Southampton have seen, if the kids do well then we’ll lose them regardless of what division we’re in or how well/badly we’re doing. Sadly, that’s a fact of modern football. But, yeah, it would be nice to at least have a year or two of watching them develop, and if a few of them could do so at the same time, then so much the better.

Redevelopment wise, we’ve started to award contracts for the redevelopment and it’s slated to begin at the end of the season. Of course, it might not happen, but I reckon it will.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:25 - Aug 18 with 6442 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:05 - Aug 18 by ElHoop

I see that the £11 million munchkin can't even get a game now.

He's supposedly not fit (we only ever spend serious money on unfit players).

loving the fulham struggles on 09:26 - Aug 18 with 6430 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:14 - Aug 18 by paulparker

i hope they go down as I had a bet at the start of the season at 40-1 that they would

I've got a couple of mates who were all over it at those odds too.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:40 - Aug 18 with 6396 viewsKonk

PS. I'm going to be using the "people on holiday" excuse if we're getting sh it crowds in November/January etc!

loving the fulham struggles on 09:42 - Aug 18 with 6388 viewsElHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 09:25 - Aug 18 by Konk

He's supposedly not fit (we only ever spend serious money on unfit players).

What do you mean by 'not fit'?

Less fit than Adel was when he played for you?

Blimey, if so then that's definitely not fit!
loving the fulham struggles on 09:47 - Aug 18 with 6375 viewsKonk

We’re quite scientific about it: we’re looking for ongoing weight issues, a history of knackered knees, hamstrings and cruciates, and if possible a degree of sh itness/mediocrity that renders them unfit for purpose (i.e. scoring more than four goals a season). The holy grail is a £40m striker who’s fat, sh it and knackered.

Super Ross looks like he's lost about a stone since signing.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:53 - Aug 18 with 6346 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 09:40 - Aug 18 by Konk

PS. I'm going to be using the "people on holiday" excuse if we're getting sh it crowds in November/January etc!

As long as we can you use the "it's on sky and too expensive " for some away games then it's a deal !
loving the fulham struggles on 09:55 - Aug 18 with 6323 viewsLblock

Foolham and hardcore used in the same paragraph

A rare sight indeed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

loving the fulham struggles on 09:55 - Aug 18 with 6339 viewsBrianMcCarthy

loving the fulham struggles on 09:40 - Aug 18 by Konk

That Brentford gang have been on holidays for decades!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

loving the fulham struggles on 10:08 - Aug 18 with 6291 viewsSpiritofGregory

The problem is that most Fulham fans are used to watching Premier League football or their successful periods in the lower leagues, they don't want to watch a struggling team. They also won't get the neutral fans who used to show up to watch Man Utd, Liverpool..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024