Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 43950 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 17:52 - Sep 18 with 2338 viewsNov77

Penfold gone?

That's a shame, one of my favourite managers!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

loving the fulham struggles on 18:56 - Sep 18 with 2249 viewseghamranger

Surprised he did last that long..,
loving the fulham struggles on 19:54 - Sep 18 with 2182 viewsFredManRave

loving the fulham struggles on 07:31 - Sep 18 by smegma

With six defenders in the starting line up, it's like Felix is the long lost brother of Paul Hart.

F.Hart

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

loving the fulham struggles on 22:00 - Sep 18 with 2083 viewsCiderwithRsie

loving the fulham struggles on 17:52 - Sep 18 by Nov77

Penfold gone?

That's a shame, one of my favourite managers!

Would do a decent job, have him down here like a shot.

Hang on, maybe not in this case
loving the fulham struggles on 08:45 - Sep 19 with 1946 viewsKonk

So, it looks like my threats of direction action forced the club to get shot of Magath.

Felix — you were a bloody awful manager,
You made me sad,
You made me mad,
But now I’m glad,
Because you've gone.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 08:57 - Sep 19 with 1929 viewssimmo

loving the fulham struggles on 08:45 - Sep 19 by Konk

So, it looks like my threats of direction action forced the club to get shot of Magath.

Felix — you were a bloody awful manager,
You made me sad,
You made me mad,
But now I’m glad,
Because you've gone.

Congrats Konk, doesnt fix the real issues but sticking with him would have been a disaster given how you've started. I'd worry about who could darken your door next though....

Looks like the fun times will be less frequent for the rest of us :-(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29261059

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

loving the fulham struggles on 08:59 - Sep 19 with 1925 viewsqueensparker

A shame for all fans of hubris, but that looks like the end of our fun.

Reminds me of when Sunderland were bottom a few years back, appointed Keane and went up. It can be done Konk!
loving the fulham struggles on 09:16 - Sep 19 with 1902 viewsKonk

I loved Kit Symons as a player and he’s doing a great job with the kids at the moment. Very happy that he’s getting a chance to see what he can do as I think it will be a popular move and unite the support (until it all goes ti ts-up and he plays Big Dan Burn on the right wing). If it doesn’t work out for Kit, then I’d like to see us try and get Eddie Howe or a dog wearing a pirate hat and sunglasses (for the feel good factor).

With Kit in charge and Super Ross on a roll, I have no doubt at all that we will now go on a ridiculous winning streak and be promoted by Christmas, by which point we’ll be able to look back on Magath’s twenty game reign of lunacy with bemused affection.

Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 10:11 - Sep 19 with 1860 viewsPinnerPaul

Play offs possible but top 2 going to be difficult given how many you've lost so far.

With the loan market still open to you, obvious worry is if new manager wants to bring in even more new faces
loving the fulham struggles on 10:20 - Sep 19 with 1853 viewsQPR442

loving the fulham struggles on 10:11 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

Play offs possible but top 2 going to be difficult given how many you've lost so far.

With the loan market still open to you, obvious worry is if new manager wants to bring in even more new faces

Fulham wont make the top 8. They will go the same way we did after we went down in 96. The club needs a big clear out and needs to start again with some of the younger players.
Nothing against Fulham, I don't see them as rivals just another London Derby.
I reckon Norwich and Derby will be the top 2 in the Championship.
loving the fulham struggles on 11:30 - Sep 19 with 1814 viewspaulparker

Keep the faith fellow R's , their squad is still all over the shop and they may still c ock up when they appoint another full time manager
im clinging to this as I had £5 on them to be relegated at 40-1
I also had a a £5 on Brentford to go up at 12-1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

loving the fulham struggles on 15:54 - Sep 21 with 1668 viewsTacticalR

Felix Magath recommended 'ridiculous' cheese treatment
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29302031

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 16:29 - Sep 21 with 1635 viewsthemodfather

gates down to 16500
the neutral end suddenly meshed off to insinuate "segregation" rather than
1000s of empty seats
still bottom, with 1pt
their red card yesterday, well the fulham player should be banned for the season, it was a shocker. as the small faces sang "it's all too beautiful"
loving the fulham struggles on 16:39 - Sep 21 with 1619 viewsDiscodroids

loving the fulham struggles on 16:29 - Sep 21 by themodfather

gates down to 16500
1000s of empty seats
still bottom, with 1pt
their red card yesterday, well the fulham player should be banned for the season, it was a shocker. as the small faces sang "it's all too beautiful"

i was just about to coat this 13 page fulham thread off, until i saw modfathers last line...

a beautiful thing..

'here comes the nice', modfather..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

loving the fulham struggles on 10:51 - Sep 22 with 1468 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 16:29 - Sep 21 by themodfather

gates down to 16500
1000s of empty seats
still bottom, with 1pt

Modfather: I would have thought there was enough to be taking the pi ss out of us for, without bringing crowds into it — especially as you only managed 16,163 in the PL for a game that plenty of you were wan king yourselves hoarse about when the fixtures came out. I’ve said all along that I reckoned we’d have a hardcore of about 16,000 home fans unless we were doing well. Fortunately we're not building a new 40,000 stadium.

On the subject of our former manager, if you haven’t seen it, this is well worth a read. What an absolute loon:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-feli

loving the fulham struggles on 10:55 - Sep 22 with 1453 viewsTacticalR

loving the fulham struggles on 10:51 - Sep 22 by Konk

Modfather: I would have thought there was enough to be taking the pi ss out of us for, without bringing crowds into it — especially as you only managed 16,163 in the PL for a game that plenty of you were wan king yourselves hoarse about when the fixtures came out. I’ve said all along that I reckoned we’d have a hardcore of about 16,000 home fans unless we were doing well. Fortunately we're not building a new 40,000 stadium.

On the subject of our former manager, if you haven’t seen it, this is well worth a read. What an absolute loon:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-feli

The bit about Dan Burn is pretty sad.

On MOTD Danny Murphy was saying that Magath's antics had driven out a lot of the senior players.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 10:56 - Sep 22 with 1451 viewswombat

loving the fulham struggles on 10:51 - Sep 22 by Konk

konk haven't you just got planning permission for a new stand at Craven cottage ? think it allows you to increase capacity by another 6k , 8k if they are Korean fans

Poll: which is your favouite foot

loving the fulham struggles on 11:00 - Sep 22 with 1440 viewshoof_hearted

Geezer's a proper fruitcake. You have to worry about the top brass at Fulham. Decision making that has promoted us to being only the second most ridiculous club in West London at the moment.
loving the fulham struggles on 11:28 - Sep 22 with 1399 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:00 - Sep 22 by hoof_hearted

Geezer's a proper fruitcake. You have to worry about the top brass at Fulham. Decision making that has promoted us to being only the second most ridiculous club in West London at the moment.

Absolutely. Rumours that the CEO has been side-lined under Khan and that Magath was reporting directly to Khan’s people. Either way, the amount of people Magath is meant to have upset — especially senior staff from our Academy - and you’d have thought someone would have got shot at the end of the season.

loving the fulham struggles on 11:35 - Sep 22 with 1389 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 10:55 - Sep 22 by TacticalR

The bit about Dan Burn is pretty sad.

On MOTD Danny Murphy was saying that Magath's antics had driven out a lot of the senior players.

We absolutely needed to get rid of the vast majority of senior pros, but to clear 20-odd of them out and then just side-line the remaining players like Ruiz, Mitroglu, Stekelenburg etc was stupid. Despite Sidwell giving away one of his trademark stupid fouls in a dangerous area on Saturday, I’d have kept hold of him and tried to keep Richardson and Dejagah. When you have an all-round good egg like Hangeland absolutely slating Magath, you know there’s something wrong with the bloke. Hangeland was in the Hammersmith End on Saturday, btw.

As for Big Dan Burn — the jury’s still out on whether he’s too slow for this division, but anyone could see that he’s not a PL RB. Magath should have been apologising to DBD after putting him through that, not ripping into him. I hope Dan makes it — the most I’ve wanted a player to make the grade since Seany Davis came through. Just seems like a nice, down to earth lad and a real trier.

loving the fulham struggles on 11:44 - Sep 22 with 1353 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 10:56 - Sep 22 by wombat

konk haven't you just got planning permission for a new stand at Craven cottage ? think it allows you to increase capacity by another 6k , 8k if they are Korean fans

Yep, it would increase the Riverside by 4k, taking the ground up to 30k.

loving the fulham struggles on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 1335 viewswombat

loving the fulham struggles on 11:44 - Sep 22 by Konk

Yep, it would increase the Riverside by 4k, taking the ground up to 30k.

presume double tier sort of development id guess . brave move to do it now while your in freefall even allowing for how long it will take to come to fruition

Poll: which is your favouite foot

loving the fulham struggles on 11:56 - Sep 22 with 1315 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:48 - Sep 22 by wombat

presume double tier sort of development id guess . brave move to do it now while your in freefall even allowing for how long it will take to come to fruition

Yep, it's not looking overly necessary at the moment. Personally, I hope it gets built regardless because it will be a sign of commitment from Khan, 30k will be us set forever in terms of capacity, and visually it will be a big improvement.

loving the fulham struggles on 11:57 - Sep 22 with 1313 viewsClive_Anderson

They say you shouldn't judge someone by their looks, but in the case of Magath you can tell he's completely mad just by looking at him.

The most surprising thing about the whole affair is that it isn't happening at Loftus Road.

By the way why was the bloke that was in charge before him get the boot? Seems he was only there five minutes.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 11:58]
loving the fulham struggles on 12:01 - Sep 22 with 1309 viewsTheBlob

There's always been a touch of the bizarre and surreal about Fulham.My uncle and aunt were Fulham supporters,lived right near the ground in Ellerby Street.Uncle looked like he'd been the product of semen that had been strained through a blanket and auntie had the habit of placing plastic covers on everything - on his cock also it seems since the union was fruitless.
There was the bizarre Tommy Trinder who was a funny as a pantechnicon running over a puppy,Jimmy Hill who looked and moved like a cloth clad toilet brush,the incongruous partnership of Rodders and George and so on.....got dragged along to Craven Cottage to witness some of that.And now the myth is perpetuated,who knows what alien with crunched genes and dubious mental capacity is going to show up next.The Cottage may have all the atmosphere of a nematode worm's birthday party but it's always amusing - in a head scratching kind of way.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 12:10]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024