Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 43918 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 13:06 - Sep 22 with 2030 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:57 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

They say you shouldn't judge someone by their looks, but in the case of Magath you can tell he's completely mad just by looking at him.

The most surprising thing about the whole affair is that it isn't happening at Loftus Road.

By the way why was the bloke that was in charge before him get the boot? Seems he was only there five minutes.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 11:58]

Rene Meulensteen - he was appointed to assist Jol about five minutes before we sacked Jol. We then gave Meulensteen the job, drafted in Ray fu cking am I really typing this Wilkins to help out and after the two of them pi ssed themselves laughing after we went out of the cup v Sheff United in a truly dismal game, we gave him the whole transfer window before getting rid and appointing a bloke who everyone in Germany knew was an absolute loony ar sehole. Ace. We're a very well run club these days.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 13:21 - Sep 22 with 1994 viewsToast_R

The Premiership graveyard that is League 1 beckons.

So how long until Khan decides enough is enough and gets visions of Craven Cottage being for the most expensive piece of Real Estate the market will ever see? Not as though it hasn't been tried before.

As for 16,000 core fans.

Numbers are dwindling rapidly. My brother who has a season ticket (Stood next to Hangeland in the bogs on Saturday apparently, I've no idea) reckons he practically had a whole row to himself on Saturday when the opening game was practically sold out.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:25 - Sep 22 with 1987 viewsClive_Anderson

loving the fulham struggles on 13:06 - Sep 22 by Konk

Rene Meulensteen - he was appointed to assist Jol about five minutes before we sacked Jol. We then gave Meulensteen the job, drafted in Ray fu cking am I really typing this Wilkins to help out and after the two of them pi ssed themselves laughing after we went out of the cup v Sheff United in a truly dismal game, we gave him the whole transfer window before getting rid and appointing a bloke who everyone in Germany knew was an absolute loony ar sehole. Ace. We're a very well run club these days.

Ha ha I didn't realise Super Ray Wilkins was part of the previous management team. He really is a Jonah isn't he? Even Chelsea started losing when he turned up there.

Should have kept Jol in retrospect. Wouldn't be sitting bottom of the Championship if you had.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:26 - Sep 22 with 1975 viewsJigsore

loving the fulham struggles on 13:21 - Sep 22 by Toast_R

So how long until Khan decides enough is enough and gets visions of Craven Cottage being for the most expensive piece of Real Estate the market will ever see? Not as though it hasn't been tried before.

As for 16,000 core fans.

Numbers are dwindling rapidly. My brother who has a season ticket (Stood next to Hangeland in the bogs on Saturday apparently, I've no idea) reckons he practically had a whole row to himself on Saturday when the opening game was practically sold out.

he's clearly lying, no one could piss with 6ft 5 Hangeland standing next to them

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

loving the fulham struggles on 13:29 - Sep 22 with 1977 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:21 - Sep 22 by Toast_R

As for 16,000 core fans.

Gates have actually been pretty consistent in the opening games - about 16k home fans with away fans making up the difference. Millwall had about 5k on the opening day, which boosted the crowd.

loving the fulham struggles on 13:35 - Sep 22 with 1964 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:25 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

Ha ha I didn't realise Super Ray Wilkins was part of the previous management team. He really is a Jonah isn't he? Even Chelsea started losing when he turned up there.

Should have kept Jol in retrospect. Wouldn't be sitting bottom of the Championship if you had.

The problem was not getting rid of Jol a lot sooner than we did (should have gone at end of the previous season). You're only ever one sh it appointment away from trouble and history shows we've ultimately made three sh it appointments on the spin. And now we're in a position where we're a lot less an attractive prospect than we would have been at the end of last season, so will end up with more dross unless we're surprisingly inspired. Boo.

loving the fulham struggles on 13:37 - Sep 22 with 1954 viewsClive_Anderson

loving the fulham struggles on 13:35 - Sep 22 by Konk

The problem was not getting rid of Jol a lot sooner than we did (should have gone at end of the previous season). You're only ever one sh it appointment away from trouble and history shows we've ultimately made three sh it appointments on the spin. And now we're in a position where we're a lot less an attractive prospect than we would have been at the end of last season, so will end up with more dross unless we're surprisingly inspired. Boo.

Was Jol really all that bad?

Perhaps it would have been best all around if Mark "needs to be blasted into space" Hughes hadn't flounced off from Fulham for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:41 - Sep 22 with 1942 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:37 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

Was Jol really all that bad?

Perhaps it would have been best all around if Mark "needs to be blasted into space" Hughes hadn't flounced off from Fulham for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Hughes did a decent job at Fulham. Impossible to warm to, but I was frustrated when he left. I think he's generally been more than acceptable for a club like Fulham/QPR/Stoke/Blackburn.

Yep, after a promising start, Jol was pretty bad and we were a complete shambles. And unforgivably we had a clearly unfit squad with a number of absolute bloaters.

Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 16:57 - Sep 24 with 1728 viewsthemodfather

a whopping 8000+ there last night at the cottage.
danny murphy who?? is in papers moaning at magath running the club down...surely the players did, with wages, and losing...and the games lost meant a long run of sackings, so no stability.
fayed saw it coming, like most qpr fans..and jumped ship taking the beloved jacko statue with him and it's all been to plan since.
i really hope for a cup run for them, as games mount and soon the p-p start and games pile up...and when you are struggling, it all gets too much.
loving the fulham struggles on 17:10 - Sep 24 with 1710 viewspaulparker

TBF 8000 for a league cup tie against Doncaster is not bad at all
we would have got about the same if we could be a rsed to actually take cup completion seriously

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

loving the fulham struggles on 17:13 - Sep 24 with 1706 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 16:57 - Sep 24 by themodfather

a whopping 8000+ there last night at the cottage.
danny murphy who?? is in papers moaning at magath running the club down...surely the players did, with wages, and losing...and the games lost meant a long run of sackings, so no stability.
fayed saw it coming, like most qpr fans..and jumped ship taking the beloved jacko statue with him and it's all been to plan since.
i really hope for a cup run for them, as games mount and soon the p-p start and games pile up...and when you are struggling, it all gets too much.

I'd take a different tack if I were you - the crowd angle's not really working at the moment. NB. This was not a friendly played behind closed doors.

loving the fulham struggles on 17:24 - Sep 24 with 1694 viewsMytch_QPR

loving the fulham struggles on 17:13 - Sep 24 by Konk

I'd take a different tack if I were you - the crowd angle's not really working at the moment. NB. This was not a friendly played behind closed doors.

Blimey, Konk - I think that's our old friend the League Cup again isn't it?

In the spirit of neutrality, I would agree with you on the crowd front - we managed to haul in a massive 16,000 for our top flight clash with the titans of Stoke. The bottom line is that with 17 or so professional clubs in London, only Arsenal and Spurs can really have a crow about attendances - the problem we have is that Tony Fernandes seems blind to this and ploughs on regardless with the new stadium plans. He might have a rethink if we end up in the bottom 3 again (apparently he's got to stump up some sort of fine as well, but that's all a bit hush hush - comprendez?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

loving the fulham struggles on 23:05 - Sep 24 with 1603 viewsTeddRanger

Quite hard to get into the stand when it's closed isn't it Konk? I was at that game and they shut the Ellerslie as they often do for League Cup games in the early rounds.

However,I certainly don't remember dropping nigh on 40% of our fans when we dropped a division either.

To my mind, it's not about the number of fans, it's about the loyalty of the fan base -those that stick with a club through thick and thin(think Man City).

Fulham just have one of the biggest fickle fan bases I can think of.
loving the fulham struggles on 23:59 - Sep 24 with 1571 viewsBrightonhoop

1 point. To Forests 18. Mid September.
loving the fulham struggles on 00:08 - Sep 25 with 1564 viewsTacticalR

Free cheese and wine would bring back the neutrals.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 00:15 - Sep 25 with 1554 viewsCanadaRanger

loving the fulham struggles on 13:35 - Sep 22 by Konk

You're right, Konk. As our many managerial bad experiences in the Paladini / Briatore years shows.

Maybe time to find a hungry League 1 or 2 success story type who has the enthusiasm to keep Fulham up, rather than a managerial old head looking for one last paycheck.
loving the fulham struggles on 08:36 - Sep 25 with 1481 viewsElHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 00:15 - Sep 25 by CanadaRanger

You're right, Konk. As our many managerial bad experiences in the Paladini / Briatore years shows.

Maybe time to find a hungry League 1 or 2 success story type who has the enthusiasm to keep Fulham up, rather than a managerial old head looking for one last paycheck.

Not strictly speaking true - the managers we had during that era didn't make us any worse and we were in fact accumulating a decent squad of players until Warnock came in. Unusually, instead of putting a bit of icing on the cake, Warnock put a bit of cake under the icing. He admitted himself that he'd never have signed some of what turned out to be our better players.

Fulham on the other hand seem to have insufficent cake or icing at the moment.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 9:09]
loving the fulham struggles on 08:56 - Sep 25 with 1461 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 23:05 - Sep 24 by TeddRanger

Quite hard to get into the stand when it's closed isn't it Konk? I was at that game and they shut the Ellerslie as they often do for League Cup games in the early rounds.

However,I certainly don't remember dropping nigh on 40% of our fans when we dropped a division either.

To my mind, it's not about the number of fans, it's about the loyalty of the fan base -those that stick with a club through thick and thin(think Man City).

Palace are exactly the same
loving the fulham struggles on 10:02 - Sep 25 with 1427 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 23:05 - Sep 24 by TeddRanger

We only get about 7-8,000 for the early rounds of the LC, whether we’re in the PL or the 2nd division. My point is that Modfather keeps having a pop at our crowds, and yet it’s not difficult to find examples of Rangers turnouts similar or worse (like last Saturday, when he again dug out our crowd). There were 4,755 at Loftus Road for the game from which that pictures taken — hardly puts Modfather in a position to laugh at 8,000 at Fulham for a similar fixture.

The Fulham support hasn’t been fickle — my guess is that even when we were selling-out the Cottage, maybe only 16-17,000 of those were "proper" Fulham. Everyone I spoke to over the summer and most people on forums thought we’d average 14-16,000 home fans with an average season (and one point from eight games isn’t a great start) pushing 20,000 home fans if we were in one of the automatic spots and playing good football (we’re neither). The missing thousands aren’t Fulham fans, they’re the corporates, the PL curious who live in W/SW London, the on-tour overseas U-14 football teams and away fans. Our support so far has been pretty much where I expected it to be.

In terms of support dropping off, how about a club that can have 38,000 fans at Wembley kitted out in jesters hats, foam hands and afro wigs and then have15,500 turn out at home, three games later, with 1,500 unsold home tickets for a game against Public enemy No1?

Oh, and I'm going to have to change my signature - I haven't seen a single pair of red trousers this season. Shocking.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 10:07]

loving the fulham struggles on 10:23 - Sep 25 with 1418 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 10:02 - Sep 25 by Konk

We only get about 7-8,000 for the early rounds of the LC, whether we’re in the PL or the 2nd division. My point is that Modfather keeps having a pop at our crowds, and yet it’s not difficult to find examples of Rangers turnouts similar or worse (like last Saturday, when he again dug out our crowd). There were 4,755 at Loftus Road for the game from which that pictures taken — hardly puts Modfather in a position to laugh at 8,000 at Fulham for a similar fixture.

The Fulham support hasn’t been fickle — my guess is that even when we were selling-out the Cottage, maybe only 16-17,000 of those were "proper" Fulham. Everyone I spoke to over the summer and most people on forums thought we’d average 14-16,000 home fans with an average season (and one point from eight games isn’t a great start) pushing 20,000 home fans if we were in one of the automatic spots and playing good football (we’re neither). The missing thousands aren’t Fulham fans, they’re the corporates, the PL curious who live in W/SW London, the on-tour overseas U-14 football teams and away fans. Our support so far has been pretty much where I expected it to be.

In terms of support dropping off, how about a club that can have 38,000 fans at Wembley kitted out in jesters hats, foam hands and afro wigs and then have15,500 turn out at home, three games later, with 1,500 unsold home tickets for a game against Public enemy No1?

Oh, and I'm going to have to change my signature - I haven't seen a single pair of red trousers this season. Shocking.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 10:07]

Fulham have always been the same decent crowds in the top division supplemented by thousands of hangers on and tourists so nothing has really changed in that respect difference is a lot of your "new" support are finding that out for the first time.

Lets hope you don't get relegated again as we know how bad the crowds dropped last time.........
loving the fulham struggles on 10:30 - Sep 25 with 1405 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 10:23 - Sep 25 by Rangersw12

Fulham have always been the same decent crowds in the top division supplemented by thousands of hangers on and tourists so nothing has really changed in that respect difference is a lot of your "new" support are finding that out for the first time.

Lets hope you don't get relegated again as we know how bad the crowds dropped last time.........

If we go down this season, then I’d expect us to average 12-13k home fans next season in the 3rd division. Been here a thousand times before, but our worst ever period took place at a time when English crowds in general were shocking and we had thirty years of almost uninterrupted sh ite, which would impact most club’s support at the best of times, never mind when people were deserting the game in droves.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 10:45]

loving the fulham struggles on 10:48 - Sep 25 with 1390 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 10:30 - Sep 25 by Konk

If we go down this season, then I’d expect us to average 12-13k home fans next season in the 3rd division. Been here a thousand times before, but our worst ever period took place at a time when English crowds in general were shocking and we had thirty years of almost uninterrupted sh ite, which would impact most club’s support at the best of times, never mind when people were deserting the game in droves.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 10:45]

May not be a bad thing if you went down again as it hasn't done Wolves any harm
loving the fulham struggles on 10:53 - Sep 25 with 1381 viewsJuzzie

I recall standing on the terraces at the old Wembley for some game I can't quite remember (!) back in 1986 with 55k+ QPR fans there and my dad looked around and said "where are these cnts on a saturday afternoon?".

Any top 2 divion, maybe even a 3rd tier, club can take 40k+ to Wembley for a final. Our home League Cup attendances have been crap but it's understanable as for years, the team hasn't bothered turning up either.
loving the fulham struggles on 11:07 - Sep 25 with 1363 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 10:48 - Sep 25 by Rangersw12

May not be a bad thing if you went down again as it hasn't done Wolves any harm

Not so sure! I really want the Riverside redevelopment to go ahead — might happen if we stabilise, can’t see it happening if we go down. Plus, I’ve had my fill of depressing Saturdays for the time being, so hoping for some sort of revival. I’d very happily settle for mid table, signs of improvement and a coherent approach to trying to get a play-off spot next season. I’d be delighted with that.

I try not to get to down about football, but some of the people sat around me will be topping themselves if we go down again.

loving the fulham struggles on 15:54 - Sep 26 with 1160 viewsTGRRRSSS

Still no sign of a permanent manager arriving down at the Cottage.

See Penfold is coming out in the papers etc going on about the "English" not liking his German" ways"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024