Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 43876 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 13:06 - Aug 18 with 2661 viewsYorkRanger

loving the fulham struggles on 12:52 - Aug 18 by BlackCrowe

Who honestly gives a fck over who has more supporters in corresponding matches - utterly childish wok. I care that we fill our ground and it's great for the team and all involvedif our away support is good too but I honestly don't give a sh1t over who's got more.

And for those who get off on gloating at Fulham's start to the season, might want to do it from the safety of mid-table in premier league and not on the back of a defeat, no goals and no points albeit only after one game.

Rant over.

Agreed, never quite understood the Fulham baiting over attendances/support etc when all too often we are in a glass house ourselves....
loving the fulham struggles on 13:17 - Aug 18 with 2633 viewsTonto

loving the fulham struggles on 09:40 - Aug 18 by Konk

PS. I'm going to be using the "people on holiday" excuse if we're getting sh it crowds in November/January etc!

but that is the start of the skiing season dah-ling...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

loving the fulham struggles on 13:20 - Aug 18 with 2626 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:01 - Aug 18 by Mytch_QPR

Talking of food - I can confirm that Fulham have some 'working class' credentials: last time we played you in that evening game at The Cottage I endured the worst burger I have ever had the displeasure of consuming (I must have been hungry).

Not a smoked salmon sandwich or crayfish tail in sight.

I bought the burger in the park, btw, walking alongside the river. I haven't gone near one since.

Sorry to hear about your experience; you wanna come in from Hammersmith, mate; that's where you'll find the caviar vans and blokes knocking out lobster rolls. Bishops Park's rough.

Before games, I sometimes go to this Escargot stall - five minute walk down the river from Hammersmith bridge:

Or wait until I get into the ground, and nibble on some canapés as I make my way to my seat:

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 13:38 - Aug 18 with 2577 viewsJeff

loving the fulham struggles on 13:20 - Aug 18 by Konk

Sorry to hear about your experience; you wanna come in from Hammersmith, mate; that's where you'll find the caviar vans and blokes knocking out lobster rolls. Bishops Park's rough.

Before games, I sometimes go to this Escargot stall - five minute walk down the river from Hammersmith bridge:

Or wait until I get into the ground, and nibble on some canapés as I make my way to my seat:

does that Snails stall take any other currency other than Turkish Lira?

Only i work in Putney and i'd nip over the bridge if they accept Amex...

Can we not knock it?

loving the fulham struggles on 13:47 - Aug 18 with 2552 viewsClive_Anderson

loving the fulham struggles on 11:45 - Aug 18 by SpiritofGregory

No, we want them to spiral into the lower leagues. We need to build up the fan base even more to grow further as a club and that usually happens when you are successful and your neighbours are not. There is no charity in football, it's a ruthless business.

Competition increases crowds. More people would want to see Fulham Vs QPR than against Bolton or Wigan.

Spurs attendances went up when Arsenal relocated to North London.

In fact you can see what a lack of competition does to attendances long term at Celtic. It certainly hasn't gone up since Rangers imploded.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:49 - Aug 18 with 2548 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fair play to Konk. He gets his point across and shows a good sense of humour.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:49 - Aug 18 with 2546 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:38 - Aug 18 by Jeff

does that Snails stall take any other currency other than Turkish Lira?

Only i work in Putney and i'd nip over the bridge if they accept Amex...

I dunno if he takes cards, but I’ve definitely seen people paying in US $ and € - although I think he canes them on the exchange rate. Your best bet is to go to the Bureau de change in Hammersmith and get some TL. The Lobster and caviar places both take £.

loving the fulham struggles on 14:23 - Aug 18 with 2495 viewsTacticalR

Is it really about the numbers? I thought it was more about the size of your sugar daddy's oil reserves.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 17:44 - Aug 18 with 2422 viewsBrixtonR

loving the fulham struggles on 12:35 - Aug 18 by Konk

Been here before a few times!

The Putney end can’t hear the Hammersmith end and vice-versa. When we beat you 6-0, we barely heard you at all, but you obviously made a lot of noise. It’s the acoustics. The Riverside stand next to the away section is generally our most expensive/quietest stand. Every week, some away fans seem disappointed that it’s not full of gobby t wats spending the whole game giving it large and offering away fans out rather than watching the game.

I was at a wedding on Saturday, but everything I’ve seen suggested Millwall had a good day out and appreciated being able to mix with Fulham in all the pubs, on the walk to/from the ground. No problems at all with them from what I’ve heard. They had a 4,000 allocation and whilst a lot obviously had tickets outside the away blocks, it didn’t look like more than 1,000 tops to me — the club took them off general sale a few weeks ago.

Fair enough I did actually read a few Millwall fans say that on another thread there. One even said he liked the fact that Fulham fans just went for a day out and didn't care too much about the score..... and that he wished he was more like that ! - presumably rather than battering someone or eating some babies.

You are very annoying Konk, I really cant stand anything to do with Fulham but you always come across as a really sound likeable bloke - can you kindly desist
loving the fulham struggles on 18:46 - Aug 18 with 2376 viewsWestbourneR

The thing I really don't understand is why do we have to reason and justify a bit of Fulham baiting on a QPR messageboard to a Fulham fan?

Is nowhere safe I ask???

I dislike Fulham, most of their fans dislike QPR. They've been relegated (at last) and have started the new season horribly. Let us enjoy it and laugh at their demise after years of smugness.

I want to be able to enjoy their failure without having to justify whether it is factually correct or not. This is a QPR MESSAGEBOARD FOR GOD's SAKE!

Thank you

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

loving the fulham struggles on 19:48 - Aug 18 with 2333 viewsTacticalR

loving the fulham struggles on 18:46 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

The thing I really don't understand is why do we have to reason and justify a bit of Fulham baiting on a QPR messageboard to a Fulham fan?

Is nowhere safe I ask???

I dislike Fulham, most of their fans dislike QPR. They've been relegated (at last) and have started the new season horribly. Let us enjoy it and laugh at their demise after years of smugness.

I want to be able to enjoy their failure without having to justify whether it is factually correct or not. This is a QPR MESSAGEBOARD FOR GOD's SAKE!

Thank you

It's political correctness gone mad.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 2286 viewsSpiritofGregory

Is nowhere safe I ask???

Thank you

Good for you, let's enjoy it the way they did when we were relegated.
loving the fulham struggles on 20:55 - Aug 18 with 2262 viewshoof_hearted

Wolves at home for them on Wednesday. I guess 2-3000 wolves fans but I reckon the first 2000 home faithful will be "busy" and the crowd will be 15000 or so. And the trend continues unless here is a sniff of promotion.
loving the fulham struggles on 07:14 - Aug 19 with 2143 viewsbeeeater

loving the fulham struggles on 20:55 - Aug 18 by hoof_hearted

Wolves at home for them on Wednesday. I guess 2-3000 wolves fans but I reckon the first 2000 home faithful will be "busy" and the crowd will be 15000 or so. And the trend continues unless here is a sniff of promotion.

Someone posted on this thread they'd like Fulham and Brentford promoted and us to stay up. Just wondering if R's , Fulham, Brentford and Chelsea have ever been in any division at the same time
loving the fulham struggles on 07:59 - Aug 19 with 2119 viewsderbyhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 12:29 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

" . If Fernandes manages to build you a 40,000 stadium, I do hope you learn to embrace the 20,000 non-QPR-supporting punters that Fernandes will be looking to flog tickets to every week. Especially the PL-curious ones from Holland Park who turn up in red trousers."

Now now Konk play nice !!

I don't have any gripe against Fulham except for this. To fill a 30-40k stadium we will need to attract the floating fans who have been going to Craven cottage for the last 10 years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 08:19 - Aug 19 with 2098 viewsKonk

Is nowhere safe I ask???

Thank you

Westbourne, If it’s any consolation, I don’t have a problem with people having a dig at Fulham, not liking Fulham or throwing a party every time we lose; you knock yourself out, mate. I do, however, find it a bit tedious when people don’t seem to be even vaguely in command of the facts or an understanding of English football history (Fulham perennial 4th division strugglers with 3k average until Al Fayed blah, blah, blah). That said, 90% of the Fulham stuff on here’s fair enough for me even if it's not exactly 100% accurate.

loving the fulham struggles on 08:34 - Aug 19 with 2081 viewsDiscodroid

Following on from the evening standard report on friday that 'oliver' and' jessica' are the most popular boys names in the country, with 'muhammed 'the most popular in london..i can confirm that the most popular name in an around the utopian borough of hammersmith and fulham is 'Nigel'

And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his work .

[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 8:49]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

loving the fulham struggles on 08:51 - Aug 19 with 2062 viewsTonto

loving the fulham struggles on 08:34 - Aug 19 by Discodroid

Following on from the evening standard report on friday that 'oliver' and' jessica' are the most popular boys names in the country, with 'muhammed 'the most popular in london..i can confirm that the most popular name in an around the utopian borough of hammersmith and fulham is 'Nigel'

And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his work .

[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 8:49]

I always thought it was happy in his world...

preferred Sgt Rock though, which is on my ipod.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

loving the fulham struggles on 09:00 - Aug 19 with 2053 views00calben

Fulham will be a good team to watch this year. Just need to settle down in that League.

Some very very good youngsters there. I'm very envious of the youth set up there and, given they are now in the League below, they are being given a chance this season.

Pat Roberts in particular, is the b*ll*cks.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:09 - Aug 19 with 2044 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:00 - Aug 19 by 00calben

Fulham will be a good team to watch this year. Just need to settle down in that League.

Some very very good youngsters there. I'm very envious of the youth set up there and, given they are now in the League below, they are being given a chance this season.

Pat Roberts in particular, is the b*ll*cks.

The problem is, though, we’ve gone from one extreme to the other — we had something daft like eight players under 21 playing on Saturday, and a fair few of them are pretty physically slight. Technically very good, but inexperienced, used to playing in successful sides (which could soon be an issue in terms of confidence) — we desperately need at least a couple of physically strong, experienced older heads in the mix too.

All the big clubs are watching Pat Roberts, so it’ll be interesting to see how much we see of him. My hunch at the moment is that he’s better off coming off the bench and running at tired defences, than perhaps starting. Certainly looks like a great prospect, though.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:18 - Aug 19 with 2025 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 09:09 - Aug 19 by Konk

The problem is, though, we’ve gone from one extreme to the other — we had something daft like eight players under 21 playing on Saturday, and a fair few of them are pretty physically slight. Technically very good, but inexperienced, used to playing in successful sides (which could soon be an issue in terms of confidence) — we desperately need at least a couple of physically strong, experienced older heads in the mix too.

All the big clubs are watching Pat Roberts, so it’ll be interesting to see how much we see of him. My hunch at the moment is that he’s better off coming off the bench and running at tired defences, than perhaps starting. Certainly looks like a great prospect, though.

I think it shows the academy system needs to be changed and it needs to go back to proper reserve football where youngsters get used to playing against men and not just people in their own age group

It's a massive learning curve for some of your players which might wreck their confidence and possibly their careers

Saying that Roberst looks quality and also Chris David whenever I have seen him play
loving the fulham struggles on 09:23 - Aug 19 with 2014 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:18 - Aug 19 by Rangersw12

I think it shows the academy system needs to be changed and it needs to go back to proper reserve football where youngsters get used to playing against men and not just people in their own age group

It's a massive learning curve for some of your players which might wreck their confidence and possibly their careers

Saying that Roberst looks quality and also Chris David whenever I have seen him play

Yeah, I can see the value in that. I suppose one way around it is to send players out on loan, but then their development's out of your club's hands for the season.

loving the fulham struggles on 11:16 - Aug 19 with 1967 viewsElHoop

FFS - Fulham skills, Shetland ponies, Kids' races - where would you start?

loving the fulham struggles on 11:36 - Aug 19 with 1949 viewsTacticalR

Now is the time for Big Dan to step forward.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 11:39 - Aug 19 with 1942 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:36 - Aug 19 by TacticalR

Now is the time for Big Dan to step forward.

Unfortunately, Big Dan Burn seems have been ostracised by Mad Felix after his traumatic outing at RB v Stoke. We also seem to be stockpiling CB's, so I fear BDB's days may be numbered at the Cottage.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024