Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 44026 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 11:46 - Aug 19 with 2289 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:16 - Aug 19 by ElHoop

FFS - Fulham skills, Shetland ponies, Kids' races - where would you start?

You wanna get yourself down Bishops Park for the face-painting and stilt-walking when we have a family day (I kid you not!). No Shetland ponies to the best of my knowledge, though.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 11:48 - Aug 19 with 2284 viewspaulparker

loving the fulham struggles on 11:39 - Aug 19 by Konk

Unfortunately, Big Dan Burn seems have been ostracised by Mad Felix after his traumatic outing at RB v Stoke. We also seem to be stockpiling CB's, so I fear BDB's days may be numbered at the Cottage.

Problem with Fulham is they don't have championship players or a good championship manager to get them out of that league
is all well and good having these good kids but they need to be played here and there and not fronting your challenge week in week out , its a horrible league for those kids to play in all the time without a few experienced championship players to help , I don't think Penfold will be there long either
they remind me a bit of us when we dropped into the championship in 96
Gallen, Dichio, Challis, Brazier, Quashie & Murray all good young players who we thought would p*ss that division how wrong were we,
as for the rivalry I hope Fulham lose every week same as Chelsea,
all Fulham fans would have p*ssed themselves at our demise over the years especially our last Prem Season so why should we show any mercy, ive been waiting for this since the days of Keegan & Wilkins (sorry Konk)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

loving the fulham struggles on 12:20 - Aug 19 with 2248 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:48 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Problem with Fulham is they don't have championship players or a good championship manager to get them out of that league
is all well and good having these good kids but they need to be played here and there and not fronting your challenge week in week out , its a horrible league for those kids to play in all the time without a few experienced championship players to help , I don't think Penfold will be there long either
they remind me a bit of us when we dropped into the championship in 96
Gallen, Dichio, Challis, Brazier, Quashie & Murray all good young players who we thought would p*ss that division how wrong were we,
as for the rivalry I hope Fulham lose every week same as Chelsea,
all Fulham fans would have p*ssed themselves at our demise over the years especially our last Prem Season so why should we show any mercy, ive been waiting for this since the days of Keegan & Wilkins (sorry Konk)

No need to apologise - I'm not offended by Rangers fans enjoying our difficulties. That's football, eh.

I'm pretty certain Magath's not the answer, but reckon he'll be given a few months. Personally, I would have been interested in BDB getting a game as he did pretty well at Blues and at least has some experience in this division.

loving the fulham struggles on 12:23 - Aug 19 with 2241 viewsElHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 11:46 - Aug 19 by Konk

You wanna get yourself down Bishops Park for the face-painting and stilt-walking when we have a family day (I kid you not!). No Shetland ponies to the best of my knowledge, though.

They'll certainly be putting the Down into Epsom Downs, for sure.

Got visions of nobody showing up for these Fulham skills except some ancient Wealdstone Raider type with a rolled up Racing Post and a pint of bitter - 'got no skills - got no points'
loving the fulham struggles on 12:28 - Aug 19 with 2223 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 12:23 - Aug 19 by ElHoop

They'll certainly be putting the Down into Epsom Downs, for sure.

Got visions of nobody showing up for these Fulham skills except some ancient Wealdstone Raider type with a rolled up Racing Post and a pint of bitter - 'got no skills - got no points'

I've no idea what Fulham skills are - it might not even be football-related. It might just be guidance on how to run a really shi t website with the world's worst ticketing system? Talent spotting shi t, unfit, big money wasters to play up front? Darren Bent chicken challenge?

loving the fulham struggles on 12:35 - Aug 19 with 2225 viewssimmo

Ruiz on his way to Werder Bremen apparently, that will do you guys a favour as you need him off the wage bill.

I don't get why anybody would be pleased about Fulham, I'm ambivilent to be honest. Although I did have a chuckle at them being 6k down against Millwall last week...

I hope Robertson gets loads of game time this season, the boy looks the real deal!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

loving the fulham struggles on 12:43 - Aug 19 with 2210 viewspaulparker

loving the fulham struggles on 12:20 - Aug 19 by Konk

No need to apologise - I'm not offended by Rangers fans enjoying our difficulties. That's football, eh.

I'm pretty certain Magath's not the answer, but reckon he'll be given a few months. Personally, I would have been interested in BDB getting a game as he did pretty well at Blues and at least has some experience in this division.

TBF I used to work with a couple of Fulham fans , (good lads BTW) who were there during the Mickey Adams days( they actually wanted him rather than Keegan at the time) and before ,
I remember going to see Hayes play Fulham in the FA cup 90 or 91, at the time QPR were never on the radar, I think the rivalry got more intense from us especially when we started doing badly and Fulham started buying decent players and romping through the leagues , Without starting to sound like Morgantwin it did all come to a head in 99
when we infiltrated a lot of the Home Areas , I think Fulham's hatred of us got a lot more bigger after that, that's how I see the rivalry starting
that aside I think you have some very good youngsters I especially like Roberts & Woodrow I just think you need a Warnock, Dyche, possibly even a Mick Mcarthey to get you a decent championship team built around those youngsters

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

loving the fulham struggles on 12:52 - Aug 19 with 2196 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 12:43 - Aug 19 by paulparker

TBF I used to work with a couple of Fulham fans , (good lads BTW) who were there during the Mickey Adams days( they actually wanted him rather than Keegan at the time) and before ,
I remember going to see Hayes play Fulham in the FA cup 90 or 91, at the time QPR were never on the radar, I think the rivalry got more intense from us especially when we started doing badly and Fulham started buying decent players and romping through the leagues , Without starting to sound like Morgantwin it did all come to a head in 99
when we infiltrated a lot of the Home Areas , I think Fulham's hatred of us got a lot more bigger after that, that's how I see the rivalry starting
that aside I think you have some very good youngsters I especially like Roberts & Woodrow I just think you need a Warnock, Dyche, possibly even a Mick Mcarthey to get you a decent championship team built around those youngsters

Definitely the case that the '99 game at the Cottage pi ssed a lot of Fulham off who'd never been fussed by Rangers before - including me. Been discussed endlessly, so not wanting an argument with anyone about who was at fault, but it was definitely the start of the animosity that there is now from a fair chunk of our support.

The Micky Adams year is still possibly ahead of even the Hamburg year as my favourite ever season. We were fu cked, had just had our lowest ever finish, spent about £80k or something daft on half a new young team and went up, missing out on the championship on the final day. The absolute rebirth of FFC. Went to a meet the manager night the day they sacked Adams (good old, Fulham) and there was only one bloke who was happy with the decision to replace Micky with Keegan/Wilkins. Everyone else felt Micky deserved a decent crack of the whip with the new money.

Hayes - I'm not going to talk about that night!

Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 13:22 - Aug 19 with 2178 viewsR_from_afar

On the basis that hatred is a very negative, corrosive emotion and that I cannot think of anything Fulham have done to harm Rangers, I wish them no ill. They even swelled our coffers a few years back by paying to use Loftus Rd. That money was essential to keep us going back then.

There but for the grace of God and all that...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

loving the fulham struggles on 13:24 - Aug 19 with 2174 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:22 - Aug 19 by R_from_afar

On the basis that hatred is a very negative, corrosive emotion and that I cannot think of anything Fulham have done to harm Rangers, I wish them no ill. They even swelled our coffers a few years back by paying to use Loftus Rd. That money was essential to keep us going back then.

There but for the grace of God and all that...

RFA

And at the same crucial time, we gave you £2m+ for a player I still refuse to believe ever existed.

loving the fulham struggles on 13:30 - Aug 19 with 2160 viewsR_from_afar

loving the fulham struggles on 13:24 - Aug 19 by Konk

And at the same crucial time, we gave you £2m+ for a player I still refuse to believe ever existed.

Yep, that was vital, good call. Here's proof that holograms can score goals:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28647204

So, in 59 minutes of football, he has managed to score as many goals as SWP has in 35 months. OK, the level is different, but even so...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

loving the fulham struggles on 13:34 - Aug 19 with 2153 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 12:52 - Aug 19 by Konk

Definitely the case that the '99 game at the Cottage pi ssed a lot of Fulham off who'd never been fussed by Rangers before - including me. Been discussed endlessly, so not wanting an argument with anyone about who was at fault, but it was definitely the start of the animosity that there is now from a fair chunk of our support.

The Micky Adams year is still possibly ahead of even the Hamburg year as my favourite ever season. We were fu cked, had just had our lowest ever finish, spent about £80k or something daft on half a new young team and went up, missing out on the championship on the final day. The absolute rebirth of FFC. Went to a meet the manager night the day they sacked Adams (good old, Fulham) and there was only one bloke who was happy with the decision to replace Micky with Keegan/Wilkins. Everyone else felt Micky deserved a decent crack of the whip with the new money.

Hayes - I'm not going to talk about that night!

One of the reasons we had tickets in your end was because at first you only gave us half the Putney end ( think you trialled it with Charlton a week or two before ) we sold out and then people bought tickets all over the ground

In the end we got the whole end but by then the damage had been done

Wasn't all about what happened in the ground that day anyway as it was going on all day and night.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:34 - Aug 19 with 2153 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 13:30 - Aug 19 by R_from_afar

Yep, that was vital, good call. Here's proof that holograms can score goals:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28647204

So, in 59 minutes of football, he has managed to score as many goals as SWP has in 35 months. OK, the level is different, but even so...

RFA

The greatest trick the R’s ever pulled was convincing the world Lee Cook existed.

By the time we found out we’d been had, everyone was too embarrassed to do anything about it.

loving the fulham struggles on 13:56 - Aug 19 with 2118 viewsJuzzie

"Definitely the case that the '99 game at the Cottage pi ssed a lot of Fulham off who'd never been fussed by Rangers before - including me. Been discussed endlessly, so not wanting an argument with anyone about who was at fault, but it was definitely the start of the animosity that there is now from a fair chunk of our support."

Thing is though, it's Fulham fans who won't let it go. What ever the rights & wrongs of QPR fans that night, it was just one game. I'm sick and tired of being called a 'bitter' when I meet a Fulham fan (in person or on a forum) because of that period. It was 15 years ago ffs. I was at that game, got a seat in the away end, watched the game & went home.

It's like Brentford fans still hating QPR for something that actually didn't (thankfully) happen 50 odd years ago. It's ridiculous.

edit: It would be a bit like us hating Spurs because of something that happened some 70+ years ago. If I've got my history right, we won the old 3rd Division south, with a lot of ex 1st Division players (a bit like Fulham under Keegan etc.). Something happened with the FL and we didn't get promoted and Spurs did in our place. They went on to become a big club and all our big players left and we fell back into obscurity until the late 60's.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 14:06]
loving the fulham struggles on 15:33 - Aug 19 with 2040 viewsTacticalR

loving the fulham struggles on 13:56 - Aug 19 by Juzzie

"Definitely the case that the '99 game at the Cottage pi ssed a lot of Fulham off who'd never been fussed by Rangers before - including me. Been discussed endlessly, so not wanting an argument with anyone about who was at fault, but it was definitely the start of the animosity that there is now from a fair chunk of our support."

Thing is though, it's Fulham fans who won't let it go. What ever the rights & wrongs of QPR fans that night, it was just one game. I'm sick and tired of being called a 'bitter' when I meet a Fulham fan (in person or on a forum) because of that period. It was 15 years ago ffs. I was at that game, got a seat in the away end, watched the game & went home.

It's like Brentford fans still hating QPR for something that actually didn't (thankfully) happen 50 odd years ago. It's ridiculous.

edit: It would be a bit like us hating Spurs because of something that happened some 70+ years ago. If I've got my history right, we won the old 3rd Division south, with a lot of ex 1st Division players (a bit like Fulham under Keegan etc.). Something happened with the FL and we didn't get promoted and Spurs did in our place. They went on to become a big club and all our big players left and we fell back into obscurity until the late 60's.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 14:06]

How soon they forget. As Wenger would say, 7th place is a trophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1907%E2%80%9308_Southern_Football_League

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 16:34 - Aug 19 with 1999 viewsbatmanhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 09:25 - Aug 18 by Konk

He's supposedly not fit (we only ever spend serious money on unfit players).

thought he looked a bit lardy, him and Kenny eating buddies?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 16:44]
loving the fulham struggles on 17:54 - Aug 19 with 1940 viewswood_hoop

loving the fulham struggles on 12:19 - Aug 18 by Konk

I don't think you know very much about Fulham - the area, club; the history of both.

Have to agee with you Konk, very different place 30/40 years ago, a few seasons in the Championship will certainly sort out the 'glory hunters' ,never worry about the size of a club's support, in fact got more respect for those clubs where it can be two men and a dog that turn up week in week out.

A good friend was a Fulham supporter both footall and rugby league, I was going there from the early seventies whenever a free ticket was offered, think the average gate then was pretty low, not much above five thousand or so,remember the rugby league when the Aussies were on tour in the mid eighties I think, and played at Fulham, my first taste of the game live, so no real anomisity against your club, just the usual misfortune whenever you play us.
loving the fulham struggles on 22:28 - Aug 19 with 1858 viewsJuzzie

loving the fulham struggles on 15:33 - Aug 19 by TacticalR

How soon they forget. As Wenger would say, 7th place is a trophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1907%E2%80%9308_Southern_Football_League

Over a hundred years ago? Wow! Certainly a defining moment. Had we got promoted the big players would have stayed. Who knows what would have happened.

Spurs went onto greater things, we didn't.
loving the fulham struggles on 00:01 - Aug 20 with 1781 viewsTacticalR

loving the fulham struggles on 22:28 - Aug 19 by Juzzie

Over a hundred years ago? Wow! Certainly a defining moment. Had we got promoted the big players would have stayed. Who knows what would have happened.

Spurs went onto greater things, we didn't.

Everything that's wrong with football.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 09:16 - Aug 20 with 1685 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fulham have somebody in charge who currently knows little about English football hence the problems although there is an argument the relegation was brewing for a while, I remember thinking at that 3-2 win for them when we went down they weren't all that and given how poor we were it was probably quite a worrying sign for them.
40/1 isnt bad odds for a ten or twenty quid, but I think if they ditch Megathe and get in somebody who knows the league better and like Konk suggets a couple of older heads then it will look very bad value.
However can see early struggles for Fulham and a lateish surge sending them into the Play offs which might be stronger value than relegation bets.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 12:20]
loving the fulham struggles on 10:41 - Aug 20 with 1643 viewsCanadaRanger

I blame the lack of statue...

Take MJ away and karmagheddon ensues...
loving the fulham struggles on 10:47 - Aug 20 with 1636 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 17:54 - Aug 19 by wood_hoop

Have to agee with you Konk, very different place 30/40 years ago, a few seasons in the Championship will certainly sort out the 'glory hunters' ,never worry about the size of a club's support, in fact got more respect for those clubs where it can be two men and a dog that turn up week in week out.

A good friend was a Fulham supporter both footall and rugby league, I was going there from the early seventies whenever a free ticket was offered, think the average gate then was pretty low, not much above five thousand or so,remember the rugby league when the Aussies were on tour in the mid eighties I think, and played at Fulham, my first taste of the game live, so no real anomisity against your club, just the usual misfortune whenever you play us.

Thanks mate. Yep, most of us have known that during the PL years, we've had a lot of not-that-ars ed-who-wins day trippers in the ground, whether locals, tourists or corporates. I expect most of that to drop-off and then we're left with 15-16,000 that I'd expect us to get with a decent season.

Millwall crowd wasn't amazing, but with people on holiday and Millwall's reputation and the prospect of 5,000 turning-up, maybe putting off the more casual fan, I wasn't surprised.

loving the fulham struggles on 15:41 - Aug 20 with 1542 viewsthemodfather

we'll see tonight
huge game v wolves, a bench mark side, they have good support and travel.
maybe the deals and incentives that filled the cottage aren't on offer?
maybe some have gone back to watching arsenal/spurs/chelsea on tele??
only another 40 odd games to go and it's lge one

qpr know their hard core is 12000, that's what we have been for ages, a few seasons of debatable success has seen gates around 15000...most of our kims.ting tongs etc have long gone.
loving the fulham struggles on 16:02 - Aug 20 with 1522 viewsbatmanhoop

17,000 tonight would be a decent turnout for the Ruperts
loving the fulham struggles on 16:19 - Aug 20 with 1507 viewsJuzzie

loving the fulham struggles on 10:47 - Aug 20 by Konk

Thanks mate. Yep, most of us have known that during the PL years, we've had a lot of not-that-ars ed-who-wins day trippers in the ground, whether locals, tourists or corporates. I expect most of that to drop-off and then we're left with 15-16,000 that I'd expect us to get with a decent season.

Millwall crowd wasn't amazing, but with people on holiday and Millwall's reputation and the prospect of 5,000 turning-up, maybe putting off the more casual fan, I wasn't surprised.

Didn't stop Fulham fans taking the piss out of us for not selling out LR when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup 4th round a couple of years ago.

The fact it was just after Christmas (money tight), live on ITV, noon kick off and lots of people with kids staying away 'cos of reported threats (giggle) towards QPR fans on social media sites due to the Ferdinand/Terry situation seemed to be lost on people who don't bother letting facts get in the way of a good opportunity to gloat.

Everyone does it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024