Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 43999 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 21:19 - Aug 20 with 3138 views18StoneOfHoop

Just bumping this up ready for Konk in the morning.

Never mind,as on another inferior thread,enjoying the schadenfreude of Celtic's european travails, I'm thoroughly enjoying Mr Malaprop Steve 'Peanut Head' Claridge's high-pitched whiny Radio Five Live's consternation at Fulham's hapless Felix Penfold's mysterious selections and peregrinations.
Do you know that when Luton got relegated from the top flight one time, poor old Steve went into a season of 'deep malay' ? So he knows how Fulham feels.

@ 70 mins:
"Up and back,up and back..straight lines.They're going nowhere." FFC are giving Steve a mini nervous breakdown.

Fools paradise,
Better think twice..

Much more important than the final score, me and the modfather have to urgently know..what was the attendance?

Laters Stop Press
+++++++++++++++

Turned ugly amongst the red troosered Tarquins at the whistle."Felix out' clearly audible on R5L. Taxi for Penfold after three games ? Hoist by his own petard he said tonight was a 'must win game'. Will he walk?
Schadenfreude is an ignoble emotion but have to admit I'm looking forward to at least 800 words about these dread Cottage shenanigans from Konk on the morrow. Where on earth do they go from here? Alan Mullery,Gordon Davies,AVB or the Hughie and Lily dream team?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28767650
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 22:17]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

loving the fulham struggles on 21:54 - Aug 20 with 2993 viewsbatmanhoop

mass exodus 0-2, oops no goalie saved it, 0-1
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 21:55]
loving the fulham struggles on 22:00 - Aug 20 with 2941 viewsJigsore

I don't hate Fulham (not like those c*nts at chelsea) but there's nowt wrong with a bit of good old fashioned local rivalry

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

loving the fulham struggles on 22:04 - Aug 20 with 2917 viewsbosh67

I think they are in serious trouble. Manager isn't up to it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

loving the fulham struggles on 22:05 - Aug 20 with 2906 viewsDWQPR

loving the fulham struggles on 22:04 - Aug 20 by bosh67

I think they are in serious trouble. Manager isn't up to it.

Doing a fine job by my reckoning!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

loving the fulham struggles on 22:09 - Aug 20 with 2889 viewsDieByYourSide

Finding this as funny as the next man but they'll probably get rid of Magath and do alright, just the 43 games to go...

Poll: And it's hi ho

loving the fulham struggles on 22:16 - Aug 20 with 2859 viewsEalingRanger

loving the fulham struggles on 22:09 - Aug 20 by DieByYourSide

Finding this as funny as the next man but they'll probably get rid of Magath and do alright, just the 43 games to go...

Still laughing about them paying 11 MILLION quid for Ross McCormack.
loving the fulham struggles on 22:21 - Aug 20 with 2813 viewsCiderwithRsie

Is it OK to not mind Fulham? I mean, they're West Londoners who hate Chelsea. OK by me.

A bit of a giggle now and then, mind.
Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 22:31 - Aug 20 with 2759 viewsRs_Holy

The peasants are revolting!!!....

http://www.voy.com/13865/
loving the fulham struggles on 22:39 - Aug 20 with 2717 viewsQPR1882

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1045333
loving the fulham struggles on 22:50 - Aug 20 with 2674 viewsDWQPR

loving the fulham struggles on 22:31 - Aug 20 by Rs_Holy

BrIlliant, you can also post without having to go through all the rigmarole of registering

loving the fulham struggles on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 2623 viewsstansleftfoot

" Wolves win at pointless Fulham" Come on children which word does the describing here?
loving the fulham struggles on 23:08 - Aug 20 with 2591 viewsDWQPR

loving the fulham struggles on 23:02 - Aug 20 by stansleftfoot

" Wolves win at pointless Fulham" Come on children which word does the describing here?

Pointless certainly has a double meaning in that sentence.

loving the fulham struggles on 23:15 - Aug 20 with 2573 views18StoneOfHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 22:31 - Aug 20 by Rs_Holy

Shirley that should be :
'The toffs are revolting!!!..'
Rs_Holy ?

Konk's manservant is going to be getting it in the neck in the morning.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 23:19]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

loving the fulham struggles on 02:04 - Aug 21 with 2420 viewsMark1

Anyone no the Gate,can't find any figures quoted.

Can't see them getting any points against Derby or Bardiff either.

Magath IN!!!
loving the fulham struggles on 03:13 - Aug 21 with 2387 viewsSonofNorfolt

Magath is certainly no idiot, he won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, a massive achievement. Given time he'll succeed, but he won't necessarily get that.
Fulham have a good youth team, and in the long run, under his leadership will get it right. How long this is, who knows?
loving the fulham struggles on 03:50 - Aug 21 with 2372 viewsCanadaRanger

BBC: "Magath's team included six players aged 21 or under, with 20-year-old left-back Sean Kavanagh making his senior debut. "
loving the fulham struggles on 04:04 - Aug 21 with 2368 views18StoneOfHoop

loving the fulham struggles on 03:13 - Aug 21 by SonofNorfolt

Magath is certainly no idiot, he won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, a massive achievement. Given time he'll succeed, but he won't necessarily get that.
Fulham have a good youth team, and in the long run, under his leadership will get it right. How long this is, who knows?

Not so sure about that,SoN,think he might get his cards tout-de-suite.
Listen to Brede here - especially from 1:50 giving Felix massive damning hammer:
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9377004/hangeland-slams-magath-

loving the fulham struggles on 07:49 - Aug 21 with 2246 viewsRs_Holy

One positive for the Fools...apparently the attendance was around 22,000... fair play!
loving the fulham struggles on 08:51 - Aug 21 with 2193 viewsheadhoops

Look on the bright side - next up they are away at Derby - they only need to take 10 men and have one shot.......

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

loving the fulham struggles on 08:57 - Aug 21 with 2134 viewsKonk

Felix Magath is either completely insane or just taking the pi ss. I think we’ve used twenty players in our opening three games, which without injuries is surely a record? We never, ever play the same team in consecutive games, which was more understandable when he was familiarising himself with the sh it squad he inherited last season, but he’s had a pre-season with these players now. And there’s absolutely no logic to the majority of the decisions; Hyndman was probably our best player in the first two games; not even in the squad last night. George Williams did well against Millwall — not in last night’s team. We then get onto the frozen out players: Ruiz and Mitroglu I can sort of understand as we’re presumably looking to sell both, but after looking okay in the PL and having played in the 2nd division with Blues, Big Dan Burn hasn’t been anywhere near the first team — probably due to his traumatic game at RB against Stoke, Amorebieta could surely do a job in this division, but again, nowhere near the squad. Hutchison dropped after one game. Alex Kacaniklic, who’s form admittedly dipped badly last season, plays for Sweden and was good for Watford in the 2nd division — he doesn’t get near the squad, and instead we play a LB, wide-left in midfield. The worry is that chopping and changing all the time will destroy the confidence of the youngsters - they were booed off last night, but it was Magath rather than the kids people were booing.

Add in someone as decent as Hangeland saying the bloke’s a nightmare, as well as stories coming out of the club from all over the shop — I heard one almost straight from the horse’s mouth last night — and it seems that pretty much the entire staff think Magath is a complete oddbod/kno b; even some of the kids. And not an oddbod in a Brian Clough way, just in a very difficult to get along with and understand way.

Last season Mark Fotheringham was released by Notts County, who only just avoided relegation to the fourth. They presumably didn’t rate him. He started last night for us, should have been sent-off for a ridiculously late foul and managed to get ironic cheers on his substitution, 50 minutes into his debut; which again has to be some sort of a record, especially as we’re generally a pretty forgiving crowd. What’s he doing at Fulham? Oh, he’s mates of Peter Grant, another inspired coaching appointment.

We chop and change the team every game so we never have a settled side, we change the formation every week, we don’t appear to have any tactics and look utterly clueless, we ostracise players who could do a job, we spunk our entire transfer budget on one player, and play a shocking player who can’t get a game at Notts, ahead of a young lad who’s been great so far, and presumably doesn’t need a rest after two whole games. We are a mess.

Coming-up with have Derby (A), Cardiff (H), Reading (A), Forest (A), Blackburn (H), Blues (A), Bolton (H)…With Magath in charge, I’m going for our first point at Blues and our first win at home to Bolton. We are officially a shambles.

I’d have sacked him after playing Dan Burn at RB, but knowing our current leadership, we’ll give him £10m to spend on dross before the deadline and then sack him two weeks later.

On the crowd front — they didn’t announce it and I can’t see it published anywhere, so in the spirit of the various QPR fans who just make our crowds up, I’m going for 46,000 with thousands locked out!

PS. Nailed on that we will lose to bloody Brentford in the LC next week. Magath out.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 09:04 - Aug 21 with 2118 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 08:57 - Aug 21 by Konk

Felix Magath is either completely insane or just taking the pi ss. I think we’ve used twenty players in our opening three games, which without injuries is surely a record? We never, ever play the same team in consecutive games, which was more understandable when he was familiarising himself with the sh it squad he inherited last season, but he’s had a pre-season with these players now. And there’s absolutely no logic to the majority of the decisions; Hyndman was probably our best player in the first two games; not even in the squad last night. George Williams did well against Millwall — not in last night’s team. We then get onto the frozen out players: Ruiz and Mitroglu I can sort of understand as we’re presumably looking to sell both, but after looking okay in the PL and having played in the 2nd division with Blues, Big Dan Burn hasn’t been anywhere near the first team — probably due to his traumatic game at RB against Stoke, Amorebieta could surely do a job in this division, but again, nowhere near the squad. Hutchison dropped after one game. Alex Kacaniklic, who’s form admittedly dipped badly last season, plays for Sweden and was good for Watford in the 2nd division — he doesn’t get near the squad, and instead we play a LB, wide-left in midfield. The worry is that chopping and changing all the time will destroy the confidence of the youngsters - they were booed off last night, but it was Magath rather than the kids people were booing.

Add in someone as decent as Hangeland saying the bloke’s a nightmare, as well as stories coming out of the club from all over the shop — I heard one almost straight from the horse’s mouth last night — and it seems that pretty much the entire staff think Magath is a complete oddbod/kno b; even some of the kids. And not an oddbod in a Brian Clough way, just in a very difficult to get along with and understand way.

Last season Mark Fotheringham was released by Notts County, who only just avoided relegation to the fourth. They presumably didn’t rate him. He started last night for us, should have been sent-off for a ridiculously late foul and managed to get ironic cheers on his substitution, 50 minutes into his debut; which again has to be some sort of a record, especially as we’re generally a pretty forgiving crowd. What’s he doing at Fulham? Oh, he’s mates of Peter Grant, another inspired coaching appointment.

We chop and change the team every game so we never have a settled side, we change the formation every week, we don’t appear to have any tactics and look utterly clueless, we ostracise players who could do a job, we spunk our entire transfer budget on one player, and play a shocking player who can’t get a game at Notts, ahead of a young lad who’s been great so far, and presumably doesn’t need a rest after two whole games. We are a mess.

Coming-up with have Derby (A), Cardiff (H), Reading (A), Forest (A), Blackburn (H), Blues (A), Bolton (H)…With Magath in charge, I’m going for our first point at Blues and our first win at home to Bolton. We are officially a shambles.

I’d have sacked him after playing Dan Burn at RB, but knowing our current leadership, we’ll give him £10m to spend on dross before the deadline and then sack him two weeks later.

On the crowd front — they didn’t announce it and I can’t see it published anywhere, so in the spirit of the various QPR fans who just make our crowds up, I’m going for 46,000 with thousands locked out!

PS. Nailed on that we will lose to bloody Brentford in the LC next week. Magath out.

But apart from all that your enjoying life in the Championship ?
loving the fulham struggles on 09:08 - Aug 21 with 2107 viewsstevec

loving the fulham struggles on 03:50 - Aug 21 by CanadaRanger

BBC: "Magath's team included six players aged 21 or under, with 20-year-old left-back Sean Kavanagh making his senior debut. "

Kind of puts into perspective all the slagging Harry got last year for filling the team with shall we say 'seasoned professionals'.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 2099 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:04 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

But apart from all that your enjoying life in the Championship ?

I'm loving it! Roll on the third division!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 09:11 - Aug 21 with 2098 views18StoneOfHoop

Righteous heartfelt reasoned eloquent indignance,Konk old boy.

I've looked on six different sites over night starting with the Beeb,still can't find that bleeding attendance figure for love nor money.

A Clued up Cottager on R5L last night said you should go for Steve Clarke ASAP. I 100% concur. Get rid of Oddbod Penfold tout-de-suite.. he's a dead mole walking.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 9:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024