Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the fulham struggles 13:34 - Aug 17 with 43916 viewsthemodfather

many said, when they come down, it's down all the way, fans will fall away and then the real cash worries begin.
so 2 games in, 0 pts and yesterdays game v millwall was 5-6000 under capacity, millwall likely had a few 1000 there and are joint top.
as hannibal smith says in the A TEAM, " i love it when a plan comes together"!
loving the fulham struggles on 09:18 - Aug 21 with 2128 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:11 - Aug 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

Righteous heartfelt reasoned eloquent indignance,Konk old boy.

I've looked on six different sites over night starting with the Beeb,still can't find that bleeding attendance figure for love nor money.

A Clued up Cottager on R5L last night said you should go for Steve Clarke ASAP. I 100% concur. Get rid of Oddbod Penfold tout-de-suite.. he's a dead mole walking.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 9:38]

I've emailed the club for you, mate, so please bear with me and I'll get that information to you as quick as I can. In the interim, I think there were 2,200 Wolves, and it looked like an okay crowd to me.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

loving the fulham struggles on 09:21 - Aug 21 with 2119 viewsBostonR

loving the fulham struggles on 08:57 - Aug 21 by Konk

Felix Magath is either completely insane or just taking the pi ss. I think we’ve used twenty players in our opening three games, which without injuries is surely a record? We never, ever play the same team in consecutive games, which was more understandable when he was familiarising himself with the sh it squad he inherited last season, but he’s had a pre-season with these players now. And there’s absolutely no logic to the majority of the decisions; Hyndman was probably our best player in the first two games; not even in the squad last night. George Williams did well against Millwall — not in last night’s team. We then get onto the frozen out players: Ruiz and Mitroglu I can sort of understand as we’re presumably looking to sell both, but after looking okay in the PL and having played in the 2nd division with Blues, Big Dan Burn hasn’t been anywhere near the first team — probably due to his traumatic game at RB against Stoke, Amorebieta could surely do a job in this division, but again, nowhere near the squad. Hutchison dropped after one game. Alex Kacaniklic, who’s form admittedly dipped badly last season, plays for Sweden and was good for Watford in the 2nd division — he doesn’t get near the squad, and instead we play a LB, wide-left in midfield. The worry is that chopping and changing all the time will destroy the confidence of the youngsters - they were booed off last night, but it was Magath rather than the kids people were booing.

Add in someone as decent as Hangeland saying the bloke’s a nightmare, as well as stories coming out of the club from all over the shop — I heard one almost straight from the horse’s mouth last night — and it seems that pretty much the entire staff think Magath is a complete oddbod/kno b; even some of the kids. And not an oddbod in a Brian Clough way, just in a very difficult to get along with and understand way.

Last season Mark Fotheringham was released by Notts County, who only just avoided relegation to the fourth. They presumably didn’t rate him. He started last night for us, should have been sent-off for a ridiculously late foul and managed to get ironic cheers on his substitution, 50 minutes into his debut; which again has to be some sort of a record, especially as we’re generally a pretty forgiving crowd. What’s he doing at Fulham? Oh, he’s mates of Peter Grant, another inspired coaching appointment.

We chop and change the team every game so we never have a settled side, we change the formation every week, we don’t appear to have any tactics and look utterly clueless, we ostracise players who could do a job, we spunk our entire transfer budget on one player, and play a shocking player who can’t get a game at Notts, ahead of a young lad who’s been great so far, and presumably doesn’t need a rest after two whole games. We are a mess.

Coming-up with have Derby (A), Cardiff (H), Reading (A), Forest (A), Blackburn (H), Blues (A), Bolton (H)…With Magath in charge, I’m going for our first point at Blues and our first win at home to Bolton. We are officially a shambles.

I’d have sacked him after playing Dan Burn at RB, but knowing our current leadership, we’ll give him £10m to spend on dross before the deadline and then sack him two weeks later.

On the crowd front — they didn’t announce it and I can’t see it published anywhere, so in the spirit of the various QPR fans who just make our crowds up, I’m going for 46,000 with thousands locked out!

PS. Nailed on that we will lose to bloody Brentford in the LC next week. Magath out.

Blimey some of the things you are saying are very similar to what happened at the R's when we were first relegated from the Prem.

Not sure what the stat is but having lost three games already you are going to struggle to make a top two finish in the Championship. One team always has a great season reaching 90pts plus and looking at the games coming up you are up against it.

Having said that, I still think you will finish in a play-off place, but you need to sack Magath now and and get Neil Warnock in there - now that would be interesting.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:28 - Aug 21 with 2091 viewsRangersw12

loving the fulham struggles on 09:10 - Aug 21 by Konk

I'm loving it! Roll on the third division!

Just think you only need another 50 points to stay up and around 70/75 to get in the play offs !
loving the fulham struggles on 09:32 - Aug 21 with 2081 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:28 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

Just think you only need another 50 points to stay up and around 70/75 to get in the play offs !

We're only one point from safety at the moment, so a draw at St Andrews and a win against Bolton and we should be fine. And now you're gonna believe us - the Whites are staying-up!

loving the fulham struggles on 09:38 - Aug 21 with 2055 viewsTGRRRSSS

Have to say that run of games you mention look pretty tough, however anyone can beat anyone in Champ so that first win is vital really, once you've got that bit of confidence it should help.
I would play some of the star names for now if possible to eeek out a result, before you know it its back end of September and you've only got 4-6 points then you could really be in trouble.

Not sure I agree Penfold will get you out of it, despite what he has done elsewhere, but guess we will see.

However a real concern is who Khan might appoint next, its been something of a disaster his appointments so far.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:39 - Aug 21 with 2047 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:11 - Aug 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

Righteous heartfelt reasoned eloquent indignance,Konk old boy.

I've looked on six different sites over night starting with the Beeb,still can't find that bleeding attendance figure for love nor money.

A Clued up Cottager on R5L last night said you should go for Steve Clarke ASAP. I 100% concur. Get rid of Oddbod Penfold tout-de-suite.. he's a dead mole walking.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 9:38]

The news you've all been waiting for - last night's attendance: 18,627 (2,200 Wolves according to their website and maybe a couple of dozen elsewhere in the Putney).

Average to date: 18,807 - we are mega.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:42 - Aug 21 with 2028 viewsElHoop

Fulham seem to have tightened up at the back but now you can't score. If you go tight it has to be 1-0's to you but you presumably need a big man up front to knock it up to and buy some time, and you bought a midget. At this rate you'll lose every game 1-0 forever and ever amen.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:45 - Aug 21 with 2017 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:38 - Aug 21 by TGRRRSSS

Have to say that run of games you mention look pretty tough, however anyone can beat anyone in Champ so that first win is vital really, once you've got that bit of confidence it should help.
I would play some of the star names for now if possible to eeek out a result, before you know it its back end of September and you've only got 4-6 points then you could really be in trouble.

Not sure I agree Penfold will get you out of it, despite what he has done elsewhere, but guess we will see.

However a real concern is who Khan might appoint next, its been something of a disaster his appointments so far.

Well, on the Khan regime's track record to date, I'm going with:

31th Aug: FFC sanction £18m signing of Neil Mellor

2nd Sep: FFC sack Felix Magath. Peter Grant promoted to first team coach

18th Sep: Ray Wilkins drafted in to assist Peter Grant

Login to get fewer ads

loving the fulham struggles on 09:48 - Aug 21 with 2006 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 09:42 - Aug 21 by ElHoop

Fulham seem to have tightened up at the back but now you can't score. If you go tight it has to be 1-0's to you but you presumably need a big man up front to knock it up to and buy some time, and you bought a midget. At this rate you'll lose every game 1-0 forever and ever amen.

Yeah, we're not conceding so many goals, but the ones we're are conceding are just as amateurish as last season. Continuity's important, so it's good to see we've maintained the same level of disorganisation despite a complete change in personnel. We officially don't know what we're doing.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:54 - Aug 21 with 1992 viewsthame_hoops

loving the fulham struggles on 09:48 - Aug 21 by Konk

Yeah, we're not conceding so many goals, but the ones we're are conceding are just as amateurish as last season. Continuity's important, so it's good to see we've maintained the same level of disorganisation despite a complete change in personnel. We officially don't know what we're doing.

on a positive note, i think the Jacksonville jaguars could suprise a few people this year, especially if they go with their no1 draft pick Blake Bortles.... and he has a super hot girlfriend
loving the fulham struggles on 09:56 - Aug 21 with 1984 views18StoneOfHoop

Bang on TGRRRSSS, 'tis very reminiscent of our horrorshow 96/97 season after our 13 consecutive seasons in the top flight,when Gallen ominously broke his leg scoring in the first match at Pompey.
But who can Penfold be compared to? Bumbling Stewart Houston,or ineffective bullies who lost the dressing room Sergeant Majors Rioch or Harford?
FM is vasillating and disassembling and generally appearing absolutely clueless in everything he does more even than those 3 infamous managerial R's villains.
Current Craven Cottage shenanigans are a touch like France in 1792 or Cambodia under Pol Pot - back to Year Zero. Except that FFC have the great silver lining of an exceptional crop of youth talent - not just Patrick Roberts - and as SoN wrote earlier they will come good in the next couple of seasons sooner or later (but deffo not under Felix)
I repeat; surely they should get Steve Clarke in ASAP.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 10:16]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

loving the fulham struggles on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 1980 viewsnadera78

Can I just officially state that I didn't give a flying one about Fulham when they were PL and we were broke, and I still don't give a flying one about Fulham.
loving the fulham struggles on 09:59 - Aug 21 with 1974 viewsdaveB

Fulham are showing that Redknapp did a good with us last season, not easy to bounce straight back.

We all wanted younger players in the side last season but they have gone way to far with no experience at all and they are going to really struggle until they change managers and philosophy. All very well having good kids but they are being hung out to dry at the moment

They'll bounce back eventually but not looking good in the short term.
loving the fulham struggles on 10:04 - Aug 21 with 1954 viewsJamie

As already mentioned, they've used 21 separate players in 3 games. Seem to be just chucking lineups around until something sticks.
loving the fulham struggles on 10:21 - Aug 21 with 1912 viewssimmo

loving the fulham struggles on 09:54 - Aug 21 by thame_hoops

on a positive note, i think the Jacksonville jaguars could suprise a few people this year, especially if they go with their no1 draft pick Blake Bortles.... and he has a super hot girlfriend

Wow.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

loving the fulham struggles on 10:27 - Aug 21 with 1897 viewsPommyhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 10:21 - Aug 21 by simmo

Wow.

PLUS 1..
A vision..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

loving the fulham struggles on 10:28 - Aug 21 with 1892 viewsPommyhoop

loving the fulham struggles on 10:27 - Aug 21 by Pommyhoop

PLUS 1..
A vision..

To be honest I'd much rather Norwich shrivle up and die than Fulham.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

loving the fulham struggles on 10:42 - Aug 21 with 1856 viewsN12Hoop

loving the fulham struggles on 10:04 - Aug 21 by Jamie

As already mentioned, they've used 21 separate players in 3 games. Seem to be just chucking lineups around until something sticks.

Sounds a bit like Harry's match day tombola approach last year.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

loving the fulham struggles on 10:46 - Aug 21 with 1843 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 10:42 - Aug 21 by N12Hoop

Sounds a bit like Harry's match day tombola approach last year.

It's been known as Felix Bingo at our place for quite some time. It's the only possible explanation.

loving the fulham struggles on 11:04 - Aug 21 with 1801 viewsTacticalR

loving the fulham struggles on 09:54 - Aug 21 by thame_hoops

It's a key part of the modern game to inspect a player's WAG. In my opinion it's as important as a medical.

Air hostess clique

loving the fulham struggles on 11:08 - Aug 21 with 1788 viewsRs_Holy

loving the fulham struggles on 10:46 - Aug 21 by Konk

It's been known as Felix Bingo at our place for quite some time. It's the only possible explanation.

sounds to me like he's had enough and is trying to get the sack!
loving the fulham struggles on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 1742 viewsthemodfather

the misery piles up...25% missing , again...
the "we'll never play you again" comes to mind, after we'd had 2 stretchered off and lost at the r's 0-2 to foolham.
i'm loving this.
more sackings soon, more boardroom troubles...and yes we have been there ( and worse) , not gloating, enjoying.
loving the fulham struggles on 11:49 - Aug 21 with 1708 viewsKonk

loving the fulham struggles on 11:30 - Aug 21 by themodfather

the misery piles up...25% missing , again...
the "we'll never play you again" comes to mind, after we'd had 2 stretchered off and lost at the r's 0-2 to foolham.
i'm loving this.
more sackings soon, more boardroom troubles...and yes we have been there ( and worse) , not gloating, enjoying.

25% down on capacity, but I don’t think many Fulham fans are missing at the moment. I’ve always said on here that my guess is a hardcore of 16,000 these days. That’s about how many turned-up last night. The missing punters are largely day-tripping tourists, local PL-curious types and corporates.

loving the fulham struggles on 12:13 - Aug 21 with 1661 viewsthemodfather

konk, fair play to you mate...your team is your team, "your" team, it means a lot to you...and that goes for all fans at all clubs.
you stand by your team and are very fair in your views.

the championship is a very hard league to get out of, the 46 games is a long season, 2 games a week without pile ups...and most teams in it have been in the prem lge and want to get back.
loving the fulham struggles on 13:06 - Aug 21 with 1621 viewsFredManRave

David Moyes is surely the answer.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024