Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vargas. 13:52 - Aug 18 with 9190 viewsTheBlob

Keep banging on about this guy - have been following him sice his Gremio days.Between us and Sunderland apparently - mate of Isla.
Can be out and out striker....

Or attacking midfielder/winger.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Vargas. on 14:08 - Aug 18 with 4712 viewsadhoc_qpr

Any indication we are actually in for him?

Fer, De Guzman and Sigthorsson are the only ones i've actually heard 'Arry comment on.
Vargas. on 14:11 - Aug 18 with 4694 viewsganjR

I get the feeling that he and Isla could be our Chilean version of Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham, but only because Chile and Argentina are South American countries and us and West Ham are London clubs in the prem.
You get what I mean though?
Vargas. on 14:16 - Aug 18 with 4655 viewsadhoc_qpr

Vargas. on 14:11 - Aug 18 by ganjR

I get the feeling that he and Isla could be our Chilean version of Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham, but only because Chile and Argentina are South American countries and us and West Ham are London clubs in the prem.
You get what I mean though?

Use us as a vehicle to get moves to bigger premier league clubs you mean?
Vargas. on 14:19 - Aug 18 with 4641 viewsTheBlob

Vargas. on 14:08 - Aug 18 by adhoc_qpr

Any indication we are actually in for him?

Fer, De Guzman and Sigthorsson are the only ones i've actually heard 'Arry comment on.

I know it's another Di Marzio sourced story but what the hell.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/eduardo-vargas-not-heading-to-arsenal-sunderla

Vargas. on 14:25 - Aug 18 with 4612 viewsadhoc_qpr

Vargas. on 14:19 - Aug 18 by TheBlob

I know it's another Di Marzio sourced story but what the hell.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/eduardo-vargas-not-heading-to-arsenal-sunderla

I'm happy with any scraps of potential transfer progress at the moment!

After last week's underwhelming activity following TF's tweet, let's hope we kick into gear this week...
Vargas. on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 4432 viewsganjR

Vargas. on 14:16 - Aug 18 by adhoc_qpr

Use us as a vehicle to get moves to bigger premier league clubs you mean?

It would mean they did well though I guess?
Vargas. on 22:45 - Aug 18 with 4323 viewsMaggsinho

Agreed to join on a season long loan according to George Culkin at The Times.

Vargas. on 22:48 - Aug 18 with 4296 viewsEalingRanger

He looked a serious handful at the world cup, all action dynamo type player. Really hope this come off. I think we could be excellent to watch this season if all goes according to plan.
Login to get fewer ads

Vargas. on 22:49 - Aug 18 with 4292 viewsTheBlob

Vargas. on 22:45 - Aug 18 by Maggsinho

Agreed to join on a season long loan according to George Culkin at The Times.

Probably indicates Remy will be on his bike then.Would have loved to see the pair of them buzzing around up front.

Vargas. on 22:54 - Aug 18 with 4241 viewsHollowayRanger

£1 million loan plus wages if true

or £9 mill to buy

cant see remy staying hope at least we can try to get holtby as part of the deal

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Vargas. on 22:58 - Aug 18 with 4219 viewsEalingRanger

Vargas. on 22:54 - Aug 18 by HollowayRanger

£1 million loan plus wages if true

or £9 mill to buy

cant see remy staying hope at least we can try to get holtby as part of the deal

Holtby/Townsend for Remy with Vargas and the Ajax guy coming in wouldn't be so bad would it?
Vargas. on 23:13 - Aug 18 with 4114 viewsrsonist

Exciting stuff. Hopefully the paperwork doesn't take as long as it did for Isla.

Plenty of good players get lost at bigger clubs and are looking for football, as long as we don't commit to taking big punts on them it's a sensible way to work. Of course if they're really good then someone else will probably buy them but still...
Vargas. on 03:34 - Aug 19 with 3843 viewssilky

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/chile-world-cup-star-agrees-to-join-qpr

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Vargas. on 06:08 - Aug 19 with 3751 viewsHayesender

Vargas joined Napoli in 2012 and is yet to score a league goal for them, but he did net three times in 17 La Liga appearances while on loan at Valencia during the second half of last season.

Hmmmmmm, hardly a goal scoring machine is he!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Vargas. on 06:29 - Aug 19 with 3715 viewsEsgaroth

I asked the question on talk sport this morning to Tim Vickery (thier resident south American footy expert) and he said Vargas would aim higher than QPR so dont read too much into it

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Vargas. on 08:01 - Aug 19 with 3499 viewskysersosaqpr

More worried about losing hoddle. We need a decent coach - look how our form went after McLaren left last season.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Vargas. on 09:02 - Aug 19 with 3348 viewsTheBlob

Vargas. on 06:08 - Aug 19 by Hayesender

Vargas joined Napoli in 2012 and is yet to score a league goal for them, but he did net three times in 17 La Liga appearances while on loan at Valencia during the second half of last season.

Hmmmmmm, hardly a goal scoring machine is he!

That's because they played him wide,almost as a winger.

Vargas. on 10:01 - Aug 19 with 3192 viewsrsonist

As I understand it he's like a poor man's Alexis Sanchez, so a direct, attacking modern wing-forward type. Not as quite clear as saying he's a bad striker because he doesn't score or he's a good striker who's suffered from having been played on the wing.

3-4-3 with Vargas and Remy either side of Austin sounds tasty - although I think Phillips could do that role for us very well too so it's possibly a bit of a shame in that respect. Still, good to have a strong versatile squad (especially since Phillips is coming back from injury).
Vargas. on 10:08 - Aug 19 with 3162 viewsrsonist

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/16/universidad-de-chile-tactics-bielsa-sampa

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/12/chile-like-in-2010-the-most-attacking-sid

These make for interesting reading in terms of how the Chileans fitted into a wing-back system previously. Canny signings for HR I suppose, saves him having to explain anything...
Vargas. on 10:08 - Aug 19 with 3155 viewsDevonWhite

David McIntyre ‏@davidmcintyre76

Update on Vargas story from last night: #QPR looking to do this deal now he's indicated he wants to come. Medical arranged for tomorrow.
Vargas. on 10:10 - Aug 19 with 3143 viewsMaggsinho

Having his medical tomorrow according to Dave Mc.

Vargas. on 10:12 - Aug 19 with 3127 viewsQPunkR

rsonist - especially as Phillips is *always* coming back from injury!

QPR - "shit but local"

Vargas. on 10:15 - Aug 19 with 3101 viewsrsonist

True.

Ha that Dave Mc tweet makes it sounds like we never thought about it until the papers linked him and the player's camp responded positively. Isn't that how we got Ravel as well?
Vargas. on 10:38 - Aug 19 with 3002 viewsDiscodroid

will his eyebrows have to have a seperate medical??.

ive not seen such geometric patterns since larry blackmons cod piece or steve strange when he faded to grey.

amazing.

like alien patterns in corn fields.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 13:37]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Vargas. on 13:24 - Aug 19 with 2742 viewsTheBlob

Redknapp told Sky Sports News HQ: “Vargas is a quality player — he is sharp, he is bright. He can play up front, he can play as a No 10. I liked him in the World Cup and he’s someone we’ve been following for a while. So we’re hoping it’s a possibility that we can bring him in.

“We’ve had reports on him for quite a while. One of our scouts who lives abroad has been following him for years now. It’s not done yet, but hopefully it is going to be done.”

And on the imminent capture of the combative Fer, he added: “He will be an excellent signing — a Dutch international who played in the World Cup. He is an outstanding midfield player and will bring a lot of qualities to the club.

“He’s got a great physique, gets box to box — I think he’ll be a good signing for us. We were a bit light (in midfield). You need cover everywhere"

"living abroad" does he mean Wales?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024