Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr Martins 21:36 - Aug 18 with 3485 viewskysersosaqpr

Times reporting CEO changing at Dr Martins. Brought back memories of the first pair I bought. 8 hole "oxoxox" in shop next to hammersith town hall. Felt a million dollars with white stay press!
Anyone here remembers their first DMs and where from ?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Dr Martins on 21:37 - Aug 18 with 3484 viewskysersosaqpr

Typo - oxblood

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Dr Martins on 22:04 - Aug 18 with 3412 viewsloftboy

My first pair would have been 1978 10 hole brown, had loads of pairs down the years especial steel toe cap shoes for week, by Christ do the blisters hurt breaking them in.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dr Martins on 22:28 - Aug 18 with 3363 viewsFredManRave

Only ever had 8 holed black ones. One of my favourtie photos of my youth is one of me with said boots on, red stay press and green bomber jacket, with mandatory ska badges, on. I thought I was as hard as I was cool, I was about 10 years old at the time.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dr Martins on 22:35 - Aug 18 with 3341 viewsKerryE

Used to go to Robot on Kings Road, they always had the latest designs.

When I was in there once, in strolls Joe Strummer, points at some outrageous white creepers and was off in seconds without paying! Someone said, oh his record company has an account.
Dr Martins on 23:23 - Aug 18 with 3295 viewsKernowRanger

Wearing my first pair right now! Got them just under a year ago on my first visit to New York.
Dr Martins on 01:20 - Aug 19 with 3247 viewseastside_r

Dr Martins on 22:28 - Aug 18 by FredManRave

Only ever had 8 holed black ones. One of my favourtie photos of my youth is one of me with said boots on, red stay press and green bomber jacket, with mandatory ska badges, on. I thought I was as hard as I was cool, I was about 10 years old at the time.

Off topic, but I finally saw Alexei Sayle on his last stand up tour. (Slightly too young to have seen him in his pomp.) Was slightly disappointed by his appearance as he has eschewed the tight four-button suit for some more comfortable baggy clothing. I know he is getting on, but he has a reputation to live up to.

The material was still quite sharp, although I would have to say he has mellowed in his older age (OK just a bit - still quite a lot of the second worst 'C' word.)

He is an amazing author and that is his main thing now, Would recommend any of his stuff. Barcelona Plates would be good starting point, if you're not familiar.
Dr Martins on 12:56 - Aug 19 with 3072 viewsDiscodroid

ive got quite a nice red or dead pair which cuts quite a dash in and around the pubs and bars of north chingford and epping.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Dr Martins on 16:00 - Aug 19 with 3033 viewsheadhoops

went to posh grammar skool so rebellion in 1976 came in the shape of 10/12 holed black DM's. One with a white lace and naturally one with a blue lace. Also had an earring but had to wear a plaster over that - any one else old enough who remembers being made to wear their rock against racism badges under their lapels? Fvck me the late 70's were sh1t.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Dr Martins on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 2985 viewswood_hoop

Dr Martins on 23:23 - Aug 18 by KernowRanger

Wearing my first pair right now! Got them just under a year ago on my first visit to New York.

Been wearing them on & off since my first pair in about 1970, got two pairs of boots and two pairs of shoes I wear constantly, so comfortable would never think again of not having them as part of my wardrobe.

Been getting mine from here for a while and never any problems......

http://www.jeanwise.co.uk/cat/dr-martens-223
Dr Martins on 19:57 - Aug 19 with 2928 viewsloftboy

Still trying to work out what's wrong with the original post for someone to vote it down?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dr Martins on 19:58 - Aug 19 with 2926 viewsHayesender

The shop next to Hammersmith town hall would have been Shelly's.

Best shoe shop ever, ATAF!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dr Martins on 21:17 - Aug 19 with 2902 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Dr Martins on 19:58 - Aug 19 by Hayesender

The shop next to Hammersmith town hall would have been Shelly's.

Best shoe shop ever, ATAF!

Spot on. Had another branch in Kensington High Street too. Was a regular in Hammersmith branch. Brogues, smooths and the like.

Bought my first pair of DM's in Goldhawk Road in the shop close to and next to the chip shop by the station. Did working means clothes but also the skins look. Enlighten me of the name someone, please.

Still wear DM's as issued at my work. More padded in the heel now so big relief and minimal breaking in.
Dr Martins on 23:42 - Aug 19 with 2847 viewskarl

Dr Martins on 19:57 - Aug 19 by loftboy

Still trying to work out what's wrong with the original post for someone to vote it down?

Has to be the white stay press and ox blood boots combo and someone jumping to conclusions?
Dr Martins on 16:09 - Aug 20 with 2769 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Dr Martins on 19:57 - Aug 19 by loftboy

Presumably the incorrect spelling of Dr Martens as Dr Martins and Sta-Prest as stay press?

Made me think of some legendary hooky gear from down the years: Adidas 2 or 4 stripe, LeShark polo shirts..
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 16:11]
Dr Martins on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 2748 viewsisawqpratwcity

ffs, never wore a pair in my life, but that op -1 had to go.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Dr Martins on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 2739 viewsJuzzie

Wore them all the time during the ska (Madness, Specials, etc) days of the late 70's/early 80's. Usually the shoes or ankle boots, never the ones half way up my leg!

Always black, didn't go in for the other colours.

Usually bought around Portobello Road or Notting Hill Gate, Westbourne Grove, Queensway/Paddington.
Dr Martins on 18:31 - Aug 20 with 2696 viewskarl

Dr Martins on 16:52 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

Wore them all the time during the ska (Madness, Specials, etc) days of the late 70's/early 80's. Usually the shoes or ankle boots, never the ones half way up my leg!

Always black, didn't go in for the other colours.

Usually bought around Portobello Road or Notting Hill Gate, Westbourne Grove, Queensway/Paddington.

You might appreciate this one Juzzie but as a youngster in the Isle of Man I crashed my first bike and was ko'd and off to hospital with dislocated collarbone and large dent in head (never fastened helmet, dick!).Still unconscious at hospital they cut off my jeans and also my 10 hole DMs, not through the laces but down the side, totally wrecked the b***ards!
So in those poor days I was winged and off work, bikeless and shoeless apart from a pair of boots I had to tie on as well as lace up, should have put a zip in them?!
Dr Martins on 19:04 - Aug 20 with 2679 viewsJuzzie

Dr Martins on 18:31 - Aug 20 by karl

You might appreciate this one Juzzie but as a youngster in the Isle of Man I crashed my first bike and was ko'd and off to hospital with dislocated collarbone and large dent in head (never fastened helmet, dick!).Still unconscious at hospital they cut off my jeans and also my 10 hole DMs, not through the laces but down the side, totally wrecked the b***ards!
So in those poor days I was winged and off work, bikeless and shoeless apart from a pair of boots I had to tie on as well as lace up, should have put a zip in them?!

Ouch!! You'd think cutting through laces would be easier than leather??
Dr Martins on 19:20 - Aug 20 with 2667 viewskarl

Dr Martins on 19:04 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

Ouch!! You'd think cutting through laces would be easier than leather??

Never figured that out, they also never 'popped' my collarbone in so I still go about with a strange lump just to the side of my neck. Did ask a couple of days later why it was like that and they said if I was a girl they would have put it back and then walked off! Never asked again, just a young loon and never thought much about it tbh.
Bizarrely early this year my other collarbone decided to dislocate itself (very gradually as there is a benign growth in the socket) bit weird but doctor doesn't want to operate in case it affects my shoulder more than the dislocation currently does. I love growing old!
Dr Martins on 19:25 - Aug 20 with 2650 viewsqueensparker

There was only one shoe that you had to have at our school in the late 80s, the greased brogue DM from Shelleys in Hammersmith. Nothing else would do

DMs had fallen off the map a bit to the point I couldn't find any when I was looking for a pair a few years back. Shelleys going bust didn't help, they had a great shop outside Oxford Circus tube for a good while as well. A good chance for a new CEO to bring them back
Dr Martins on 19:27 - Aug 20 with 2645 viewsCamberleyR

I was 13 when I was bought my first pair a brown 10 eyelet pair, something like this. They looked the dogs when polished up.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dr Martins on 19:41 - Aug 20 with 2631 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Dr Martins on 19:27 - Aug 20 by CamberleyR

I was 13 when I was bought my first pair a brown 10 eyelet pair, something like this. They looked the dogs when polished up.

A pair of Docs all polished up still look the absolute b@llocks. They couldn't half tear you to pieces whilst being broken in mind. I know there were always supposed to be shortcuts etc (I seem to recall one involving a warm spoon or something) but it never worked for me. Sheer blood sweat and tears was the only path I ever took.

I remember breaking a pair in aged about 21 when I lived in Haringey. My feet were so ruined it took me about 20 minutes to pull myself up the stairs at Manor House tube! Great days :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024