Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much do you spend on football attendance? 09:12 - Aug 20 with 2902 viewsTGRRRSSS

After reading the Fulham thread below and the usual thing about Fulhams attendences be it home or away it got me thinking just how much per season one would spend on football related activity (going to games not Sky subscription)

You have match ticket, and food, drink and travel costs and depends on all sorts your locations, your teams location and of course if you go to away games the extra cost of travelling often much further distances than for a home game.
As I am not a St er (Member though) I am not sure exactly my costs for the season as will depend on how many games I get to, but at say £40 quid for a ticket, then about £13 for train travel (unless I drive by car then not sure) then add another 20 on food and drink thats nearly 70 quid.
This adds maybe a meal at a pub and a couple of drinks somewhere along the line.
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 2107 viewstoboboly

Was a ST for a number of years then gave that up when it went higher than £600 and picked and chose games for the last 4-5 years. Lots of away games/new grounds and the home cup games.

So travel would normally be fairly expensive (trains) and a few drinks and food during the day too. Started cutting down the second season in the PL but did lots last year. This year I don't think I'll be doing many. PL seems to cost minimum of £100 a game and it just isn't feasible any more.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:19 - Aug 20 with 2110 viewsTGRRRSSS

This is exactly it mate I honestly think people are starting to struggle to justify the games, and we are starting to see a slight dip in attendances (though the PL etc says otherwise) partly its why I think its silly to slag sides about followings etc.
I know a number of Rangers who simply cannot justify going due to the high cost of going to games which isnt just the price of a match ticket.
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 2096 viewspaulparker

x2 tickets at say £40.00
Petrol from Northampton £30.00, will often park at family in Harefield & stay over
Beers = £60.00
tickets on tube= £15.00
Food £20- £40

that's one expensive day, its a tough one these days with kids & mortgage to consider that a day at football is my "going out budget" nearly for the month
when I can go to the local all day sunday and spend £30 getting lashed or go for a meal with the missus or go out , out, with friends for a lot less
when I go I still love it though and end up wishing I never sold my flat in Perivale
so I could have an excuse to jump on a train and see Rangers whenever I wanted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:27 - Aug 20 with 2091 viewsRangersw12

Last season I did 20 games with around 2/3 away from home

This season I will probably do around 10 mainly due to the cost of the match tickets

I won't do any CAT A home games as refuse to pay £45 for a crap seat in HU
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:47 - Aug 20 with 2048 viewsKonk

Maybe it’s just following Fulham, but the football is regularly the worst bit of the day, so whilst people say you could just get to the ground at 2:30 and go straight home, it’s always been about catching-up with mates and having a few beers in the pub/on the train before and after the game, and chatting with fans of other clubs. And I know that a lot of people are the same, so for me a typical PL away game — even in London — would be anywhere from £100-150 depending on whether or not cheap train tickets were available at the point when the TV companies stopped fannying about.

I refuse to travel on mega bus, take a packed lunch and travel to the other end of the country at some stupid hour, just to lend my support to a load of millionaires who won’t be around in a year or two. Fu ck that. I want to at least enjoy my day out, and that means a few drinks and something halfway edible.

I had a season ticket in the 4th division, but haven’t had one the last few years as other commitments and the choice to have a lot of weekends away meant that I was missing half the games anyway and getting tickets isn’t an issue. I actually enjoy picking and choosing now; stopped going to Cat A games a few years ago — even Chelsea — as I refuse to pay £55 to watch Fulham in a usually meaningless league game as it only encourages the bas tards to ramp the prices up again. I was always more likely to go to FFC v Wigan than FFC v Man Utd. I probably do about 20 games a season with 8 of those being away on average.

After all the stick Arsenal got for charging £62 for away fans at Cat A games last season, they’re now charging £65. Utterly shameless.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 2007 viewssaxbend

My season ticket is 600. The two away tickets I've bought so far average at 43.

19 of those makes 387.

Travel outside London is about 30 (basically when trains are much more than that I go for the coach which is about 30)

14 of those makes 420.

Ignoring travel within London and any other costs, that comes to
£1507. It doesn't seem a lot spread over the year, but this is only 38 games, so you're really not getting the value you got in the Championship.
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:01 - Aug 20 with 1987 viewsRangersw12

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:47 - Aug 20 by Konk

Maybe it’s just following Fulham, but the football is regularly the worst bit of the day, so whilst people say you could just get to the ground at 2:30 and go straight home, it’s always been about catching-up with mates and having a few beers in the pub/on the train before and after the game, and chatting with fans of other clubs. And I know that a lot of people are the same, so for me a typical PL away game — even in London — would be anywhere from £100-150 depending on whether or not cheap train tickets were available at the point when the TV companies stopped fannying about.

I refuse to travel on mega bus, take a packed lunch and travel to the other end of the country at some stupid hour, just to lend my support to a load of millionaires who won’t be around in a year or two. Fu ck that. I want to at least enjoy my day out, and that means a few drinks and something halfway edible.

I had a season ticket in the 4th division, but haven’t had one the last few years as other commitments and the choice to have a lot of weekends away meant that I was missing half the games anyway and getting tickets isn’t an issue. I actually enjoy picking and choosing now; stopped going to Cat A games a few years ago — even Chelsea — as I refuse to pay £55 to watch Fulham in a usually meaningless league game as it only encourages the bas tards to ramp the prices up again. I was always more likely to go to FFC v Wigan than FFC v Man Utd. I probably do about 20 games a season with 8 of those being away on average.

After all the stick Arsenal got for charging £62 for away fans at Cat A games last season, they’re now charging £65. Utterly shameless.

Exactly the same for me it's all about the day out and the football becomes secondary
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:03 - Aug 20 with 1976 viewskysersosaqpr

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:24 - Aug 20 by paulparker

x2 tickets at say £40.00
Petrol from Northampton £30.00, will often park at family in Harefield & stay over
Beers = £60.00
tickets on tube= £15.00
Food £20- £40

that's one expensive day, its a tough one these days with kids & mortgage to consider that a day at football is my "going out budget" nearly for the month
when I can go to the local all day sunday and spend £30 getting lashed or go for a meal with the missus or go out , out, with friends for a lot less
when I go I still love it though and end up wishing I never sold my flat in Perivale
so I could have an excuse to jump on a train and see Rangers whenever I wanted

Paul, have you noticed that the dearest part of your match day is beer! £60 on beer, at say £4/pint that's 15 pints. I doff my cap young lad.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Login to get fewer ads

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:07 - Aug 20 with 1947 viewsTonto

I gave up my season ticket 2 years ago. not really regretted it. I also now pick and chose games, but I can assure you i wont be chosing the Man Utd, Citeh, Arsnal type games, as these are the ones that bore me to giving up my ST. I would rather come to the meaningful games - so i have a ticket for Sunderland for example.

I still find £35 a bit steep, plus of course the bloody booking fee, just so i can print out my ticket at home. As a result I no longer buy anything at the stadium. If I meet friends we might buy something to eat, but that is likely to be a burger froma well known chain rathern than at or near the ground.

The cost is ridiculous. I dont have kids, but couldnt afford to bring them if i did. £100+ a gmae is silly money.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:07 - Aug 20 with 1956 viewskysersosaqpr

I am a ST along with my son. Costs me about £700 and because he's a "young adult" about £300. Was getting worried about next season when he hits 21 and gets charged the full whack, until he pointed out I turn 60, and so get charged £300 oap rates. Talk about the tables turning!!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:14 - Aug 20 with 1927 viewsHollowayRanger

season ticket and tube fare

dont spend a penny more

no programme no food no drinks no club shop no bets nothing!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:18 - Aug 20 with 1927 viewspaulparker

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:03 - Aug 20 by kysersosaqpr

Paul, have you noticed that the dearest part of your match day is beer! £60 on beer, at say £4/pint that's 15 pints. I doff my cap young lad.

That would be pretty impressive , as an average by the time you get a couple of rounds, a few drinks of p*ss at HQ, then back to the pub after , I seem to do at least £40-£60
mind you I don't count the mountains of change I seem to always come home with

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:25 - Aug 20 with 1913 viewsKonk

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:07 - Aug 20 by Tonto

I gave up my season ticket 2 years ago. not really regretted it. I also now pick and chose games, but I can assure you i wont be chosing the Man Utd, Citeh, Arsnal type games, as these are the ones that bore me to giving up my ST. I would rather come to the meaningful games - so i have a ticket for Sunderland for example.

I still find £35 a bit steep, plus of course the bloody booking fee, just so i can print out my ticket at home. As a result I no longer buy anything at the stadium. If I meet friends we might buy something to eat, but that is likely to be a burger froma well known chain rathern than at or near the ground.

The cost is ridiculous. I dont have kids, but couldnt afford to bring them if i did. £100+ a gmae is silly money.

Weird isn’t it — I’ve stuck money in buckets for various clubs in the past, and I would always have something to eat at the Cottage and get a programme because the club genuinely needed every penny it could get — it wasn’t like they were skint because they were paying sh it players £30kpw back then. Now, it’s very, very rare that I will spend a penny more than I have to at Fulham — most people I know who go to watch their team feel the same way; resentful of being treated like a mug. The £1.50 per ticket booking fee even if you’re buying six together and they’re being sent out in the same envelope is exactly the sort of thing that means I no longer feel a sense of responsibility to help my club.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 11:48 - Aug 20 with 1840 viewsrobith

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 09:47 - Aug 20 by Konk

In the relegation season there was always that horrible moment around 2pm when I remember I was in the pub having a great time with my mates because we supported QPR and we were going to have to leave to watch that horror show. Every week it was mooted just staying there, but no, the masochist in me always refused and went
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 12:26 - Aug 20 with 1794 viewssimmo

All the monies. It depends what I have left after the usual rent, bills, etc but a typical home match usually runs at about £100 - 150. Away games usually less as although it's extra for travel there is less time in the pub and we just get a couple of bottles of booze for on the train - supermarket prices > london pub prices....

The LFW crew once worked out roughly how much we spent and put behind the bar at the Crown a few seasons ago, needless to say it was so much we now get tables reserved for us :-D

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 13:33 - Aug 20 with 1749 viewsderbyhoop

ST was £449 (with a concession). But travel to games is 270 mile round trip. At 15p per mile that works out at £40 per game.
Maybe have a pint before and a tea at HT,but don't buy any programmes or food.

Total bill for the season will be between £1100 and 1500.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 13:54 - Aug 20 with 1716 viewsTonto

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 10:25 - Aug 20 by Konk

Weird isn’t it — I’ve stuck money in buckets for various clubs in the past, and I would always have something to eat at the Cottage and get a programme because the club genuinely needed every penny it could get — it wasn’t like they were skint because they were paying sh it players £30kpw back then. Now, it’s very, very rare that I will spend a penny more than I have to at Fulham — most people I know who go to watch their team feel the same way; resentful of being treated like a mug. The £1.50 per ticket booking fee even if you’re buying six together and they’re being sent out in the same envelope is exactly the sort of thing that means I no longer feel a sense of responsibility to help my club.

totally agree - why is it a booking fee per ticket, not a booking fee per booking?

can we get trades descriptions on them?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 14:00 - Aug 20 with 1711 viewsthemodfather

this is why the fsf are protesting about high prices for fans, there are BILLIONS of £££££££ in football and too much goes to players and agents, little thought for the fans.
i have long thought a price tariff per league should be considered, then you know what you are paying, ok "prime" areas may cost more but you have a "range" in that tairff, ie qprfc from £35-50, so you have a scale

only if numbers drop dramatically will clubs/fa act.
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 14:36 - Aug 20 with 1676 viewsSonofNorfolt

Fukkin bundles.............
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:20 - Aug 20 with 1626 viewsJeff

So, thumbnail sketch, i'm a season ticket holder in silver, so that's £600 before anything's happened.

I drink with Simmo and Clive amongst others, who drink a lot, and which means that i spend at least £100 in the pub on a match day on top of this. So home matches, not including cups (ha!) costs me:

£1900 food / drink
£600 match tickets
£2500 Home Games Spend

away games, i used to do almost all of them, now i will probably only do about half of them this season. Clive's some sort of Train Ninja, meaning that i get to far flung places for £30 as opposed to £70, but throw in a match ticket and you're still looking at close to £75 before my first beer. i still spend close to £100 on an match day in the pub, on the train there and on the train back in food and drink, meaning that for this season:

£900 Food and Drink
£675 Away ticket and travel
£1575 Away Games Spend

Total Spend this season £4075.

and that's a 38 game season, as opposed to last season, which was a 46 game season, plus wembley. last season would have been £5000 easy.

it's lucky that a) i don't have kids, b) i have a lot of disposable income and c) my missus is also a ST holder and therefore doesn't mind the expense!

Can we not knock it?

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:24 - Aug 20 with 1618 viewsJuzzie

Funnily enough, for me the biggest part of the day is actually watching the football.
Apart from a cafe fry-up, going to the ground and then home again is my day.

I see so many people whose whole day is revolved (at vast expense) around everything else, especially beer, I wonder why they actually go to the game.

Especially when you have hoardes of people turning up at 3.10pm, going for a piss at 3.30pm, coming back, leaving at 3.40pm "to get another pint in", coming back at 4.10pm, going for a piss at 4.30pm then finally leaving 5 minutes before the end so they can get to the pub before everyone else.

Maybe it's just me....
How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:27 - Aug 20 with 1604 viewskysersosaqpr

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:20 - Aug 20 by Jeff

So, thumbnail sketch, i'm a season ticket holder in silver, so that's £600 before anything's happened.

I drink with Simmo and Clive amongst others, who drink a lot, and which means that i spend at least £100 in the pub on a match day on top of this. So home matches, not including cups (ha!) costs me:

£1900 food / drink
£600 match tickets
£2500 Home Games Spend

away games, i used to do almost all of them, now i will probably only do about half of them this season. Clive's some sort of Train Ninja, meaning that i get to far flung places for £30 as opposed to £70, but throw in a match ticket and you're still looking at close to £75 before my first beer. i still spend close to £100 on an match day in the pub, on the train there and on the train back in food and drink, meaning that for this season:

£900 Food and Drink
£675 Away ticket and travel
£1575 Away Games Spend

Total Spend this season £4075.

and that's a 38 game season, as opposed to last season, which was a 46 game season, plus wembley. last season would have been £5000 easy.

it's lucky that a) i don't have kids, b) i have a lot of disposable income and c) my missus is also a ST holder and therefore doesn't mind the expense!

Ok Jeff, I think your in the same league as Paul here. Majority of spend is on booze - there is definitely a common denominator here - either all rangers fans are babbling hincaholics, or it's just impossible to watch the hoops sober for the last few years. Now which is it? Paul, Jeff, be honest!!

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:30 - Aug 20 with 1601 viewssimmo

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:27 - Aug 20 by kysersosaqpr

Ok Jeff, I think your in the same league as Paul here. Majority of spend is on booze - there is definitely a common denominator here - either all rangers fans are babbling hincaholics, or it's just impossible to watch the hoops sober for the last few years. Now which is it? Paul, Jeff, be honest!!

Both.

I saw a few rangers games without any beer at all last season and it was HORRIFIC. If you took away the alcohol I am not sure how my rangers games would go. I am not sure Clive, Jeff and I even like each other, we just havent spent enough time sober in each others company to find out :-D

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:34 - Aug 20 with 1588 viewskysersosaqpr

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:30 - Aug 20 by simmo

Both.

I saw a few rangers games without any beer at all last season and it was HORRIFIC. If you took away the alcohol I am not sure how my rangers games would go. I am not sure Clive, Jeff and I even like each other, we just havent spent enough time sober in each others company to find out :-D

Brill

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:35 - Aug 20 with 1585 viewsRangersw12

How much do you spend on football attendance? on 15:24 - Aug 20 by Juzzie

Funnily enough, for me the biggest part of the day is actually watching the football.
Apart from a cafe fry-up, going to the ground and then home again is my day.

I see so many people whose whole day is revolved (at vast expense) around everything else, especially beer, I wonder why they actually go to the game.

Especially when you have hoardes of people turning up at 3.10pm, going for a piss at 3.30pm, coming back, leaving at 3.40pm "to get another pint in", coming back at 4.10pm, going for a piss at 4.30pm then finally leaving 5 minutes before the end so they can get to the pub before everyone else.

Maybe it's just me....

Going to the game is the excuse to get pissed in far flung places of the country

I would never of visited ( and got drunk) in lovely places like Yeovil , Chesterfield , Barnsley , Burnley etc if wasn't for football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024