Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex McCarthy 23:16 - Aug 20 with 5062 viewsMarc

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4182482.ece

Long term replacement for Greeno
Alex McCarthy on 23:22 - Aug 20 with 3296 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Would be a great signing once again IMO. Have to give credit to Redknapp so far

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Alex McCarthy on 23:24 - Aug 20 with 3272 views18StoneOfHoop

Loving it. Lessons learnt.
#NoPantsPulledDown #DueDiligence #TheRightSort
More sensible business, whether short or long-term.
Great bonus of pissing off Fakes fans everywhere,Ted Hendrix will be happy.

Hat duly doffed by me to the oft criticized self-confessed non-football man Phil Beard for patiently,painstakingly - if far too slowly in a digital age for all our likings! - and bureaucratically efficiently in a NonDodgyAdhocPaladiniTypeOfWay getting these deals for Harry's targets over the line.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 10:23]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Alex McCarthy on 23:35 - Aug 20 with 3219 viewsganjR

Alex McCarthy on 23:22 - Aug 20 by RANGERS4EVER

Would be a great signing once again IMO. Have to give credit to Redknapp so far

Totally agree, although the article states that Leroy Fer became our 5th signing and it's not been announced, has it?
For all the Harry loves old and previously worked with signings, we have (apart from Rio) signed players coming into their career peaks.
I didn't like Harry's demeanour last year, but he has done an exceptional job for us by bringing us up at first attempt, after the huge mess we were in.
I stated that we were far from being near survival before the Hull game, but am glad (and wish) to be proved wrong, although we lost to an average team at home.
He is bringing the squad age down and putting real quality (if/when the deals go through) and if our squad performs, even near to ability, we will be a suprise package.
I know boys from the same Peckham estate as Rio comes from and he still goes and plays football with them and the yoots when he goes sees family.
He can be a Southern Clint Hill and could be huge factor, on and off the pitch for us.
I'm not a pro or anti Harry type, but he is a seriously good manager and no matter our opinions, we are not in the same profession to pass any educated criticism of him.
Alex McCarthy on 23:41 - Aug 20 with 3180 viewsSpiritofGregory

Alex McCarthy on 23:35 - Aug 20 by ganjR

Totally agree, although the article states that Leroy Fer became our 5th signing and it's not been announced, has it?
For all the Harry loves old and previously worked with signings, we have (apart from Rio) signed players coming into their career peaks.
I didn't like Harry's demeanour last year, but he has done an exceptional job for us by bringing us up at first attempt, after the huge mess we were in.
I stated that we were far from being near survival before the Hull game, but am glad (and wish) to be proved wrong, although we lost to an average team at home.
He is bringing the squad age down and putting real quality (if/when the deals go through) and if our squad performs, even near to ability, we will be a suprise package.
I know boys from the same Peckham estate as Rio comes from and he still goes and plays football with them and the yoots when he goes sees family.
He can be a Southern Clint Hill and could be huge factor, on and off the pitch for us.
I'm not a pro or anti Harry type, but he is a seriously good manager and no matter our opinions, we are not in the same profession to pass any educated criticism of him.

You mean to say that Rio did not buy his parents a nice house away from Peckham?
Alex McCarthy on 00:15 - Aug 21 with 3055 viewsrsonist

Was only saying earlier today that now is the time to bring in a good young keeper as they're generally happy to sit on the bench of a Prem side rather than get games as number 1 elsewhere (for better or more usually for worse).

McCarthy is the best young English keeper available, and £3m if true is a reasonable price. Would be an excellent signing.
Alex McCarthy on 00:18 - Aug 21 with 3042 viewsScubaHoop

Agree with all of that, but so you know Fer has been officially announced.... Yippeee
Alex McCarthy on 00:32 - Aug 21 with 3013 viewskysersosaqpr

Alex McCarthy on 23:41 - Aug 20 by SpiritofGregory

You mean to say that Rio did not buy his parents a nice house away from Peckham?

Miiiiaaoooowww

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Alex McCarthy on 00:48 - Aug 21 with 2987 viewsganjR

Alex McCarthy on 23:41 - Aug 20 by SpiritofGregory

It's cousins, aunties, uncles and non-related family there.
He has put money and time in improving things for youngsters there.
As much as his pre-world cup, media image, made him look like a clown. He has been a very humble and caring dude with regards to his roots.
People on the manor whose opinions matter to me, rate him.
I've never met him personally, but good mates of mine, have done and (sometimes begrudgingly) big him up.
I've DJ'd in Longsight back in the day and folk there said he'd come down on days off and play footie with youngsters.
Fair play to him.
A clown, maybe. But classier than Krusty.
Login to get fewer ads

Alex McCarthy on 07:04 - Aug 21 with 2755 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Alex McCarthy on 00:48 - Aug 21 by ganjR

It's cousins, aunties, uncles and non-related family there.
He has put money and time in improving things for youngsters there.
As much as his pre-world cup, media image, made him look like a clown. He has been a very humble and caring dude with regards to his roots.
People on the manor whose opinions matter to me, rate him.
I've never met him personally, but good mates of mine, have done and (sometimes begrudgingly) big him up.
I've DJ'd in Longsight back in the day and folk there said he'd come down on days off and play footie with youngsters.
Fair play to him.
A clown, maybe. But classier than Krusty.

That is all good to hear. I changed my mind about him when I saw his world cup punter work and also Rio on Rio.
Alex McCarthy on 07:50 - Aug 21 with 2596 viewsDiscodroid

bloddy hell harold, im staring to warm to you!

excellent signing, again!!!

and no stuart downing or niko in sight.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Alex McCarthy on 08:06 - Aug 21 with 2557 views18StoneOfHoop

Alex McCarthy on 07:50 - Aug 21 by Discodroid

bloddy hell harold, im staring to warm to you!

excellent signing, again!!!

and no stuart downing or niko in sight.

#TrustInGoodOldHarry

What a tremendous triple transfer coup - I think the days August 20th and 21st 2014 will go down in chisseled granite blue and white hooped letters in Superhoop history - Leroy Fer, Eduardo Vargas and now the squad balancing much needed back-up keeper Alex McCarthy would be cushty too,eh Disco?
(BTW any news of Coquelin from The Arse too? Or would that be overegging our perfectly baked and seasoned Harry pie?)

Never felt this excited and expectant since that day returning from Scottish hols I saw on the back of an August '79 copy of the Evening Standard a Bernard Joy (or was it Peter Blackman or Michael Hart?) scoop that classy England internationalTony Currie was coming to lil ole QPR from mighty Dirty Leeds for #400,000.

Dance with me Droid:

Still I well understand some,perhaps wiser,certainly calmer, LFW punters who would counsel against premature elation before we have even got a single point on the board.
We're still too close to August 2012 when SWP - - amongst others had played a blinder - v Sunderland,was it? - and some punters were saying on threads on here that that was the best QPR squad of this century.

Beware the false bright new dawn and don't go counting your chickens mid-stream and countless other aphorisms and platitudes.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 8:34]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Alex McCarthy on 08:15 - Aug 21 with 2505 viewsDiscodroid

Alex McCarthy on 08:06 - Aug 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

#TrustInGoodOldHarry

What a tremendous triple transfer coup - I think the days August 20th and 21st 2014 will go down in chisseled granite blue and white hooped letters in Superhoop history - Leroy Fer, Eduardo Vargas and now the squad balancing much needed back-up keeper Alex McCarthy would be cushty too,eh Disco?
(BTW any news of Coquelin from The Arse too? Or would that be overegging our perfectly baked and seasoned Harry pie?)

Never felt this excited and expectant since that day returning from Scottish hols I saw on the back of an August '79 copy of the Evening Standard a Bernard Joy (or was it Peter Blackman or Michael Hart?) scoop that classy England internationalTony Currie was coming to lil ole QPR from mighty Dirty Leeds for #400,000.

Dance with me Droid:

Still I well understand some,perhaps wiser,certainly calmer, LFW punters who would counsel against premature elation before we have even got a single point on the board.
We're still too close to August 2012 when SWP - - amongst others had played a blinder - v Sunderland,was it? - and some punters were saying on threads on here that that was the best QPR squad of this century.

Beware the false bright new dawn and don't go counting your chickens mid-stream and countless other aphorisms and platitudes.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 8:34]

good to have you back 18stnr, ive missed you mate.
has to be the best squad since 1993 ??.

just about remember the currie deal, i was the same for andy king !!

never doubted harry for a second!!
harry is king!!
were here for you king harold!

aye, magic.

takes me back...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 8:23]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Alex McCarthy on 08:31 - Aug 21 with 2451 viewsrosseeles

Blimey how things have changed a very good, young player for a very reasonable fee. Feels like im watching a different team to transfer business this season.

Excellent
Alex McCarthy on 08:43 - Aug 21 with 2395 viewsElHoop

He makes the odd blunder, as does Green. I'd just be worried that they'd undermine each other's confidence a little bit. Depends on how Harry wants to play it really.
Alex McCarthy on 09:01 - Aug 21 with 2325 viewsDaBurgh

Knowing our luck they will sign Charlie McCarthy...*

* Disclaimer - Those under the age of 50 won't have a clue who I'm talking about.

Alex McCarthy on 09:09 - Aug 21 with 2274 viewslondonscottish

Great post Ganj.

Totally agree.

Enjoy carnival!

(I am missing it yet again due to family holiday commitments. But looking forward to Norman Jay in Sep....)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Alex McCarthy on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 2266 viewsTGRRRSSS

Peckham is a very trendy area these days, some lovely places overlooking Peckham Rye.

As for McCarthy I rate him highly and would be delighted with this, other than to a degree you have 2 number 1's again but a big age gap, so McCarthy could be one going forward
Alex McCarthy on 09:11 - Aug 21 with 2263 viewssimmo

Planning for the future of the club by identifying a good young player from a lower league, to purchase at a reasonable price so they can eventually take over a currently filled position.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH QPR?

Loving everything about this transfer window so far. It's like someone has given me the power to control the club, football manager style. I just hope we know when to stop!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Alex McCarthy on 09:43 - Aug 21 with 2159 viewsLoft1979

Alex McCarthy on 23:24 - Aug 20 by 18StoneOfHoop

Loving it. Lessons learnt.
#NoPantsPulledDown #DueDiligence #TheRightSort
More sensible business, whether short or long-term.
Great bonus of pissing off Fakes fans everywhere,Ted Hendrix will be happy.

Hat duly doffed by me to the oft criticized self-confessed non-football man Phil Beard for patiently,painstakingly - if far too slowly in a digital age for all our likings! - and bureaucratically efficiently in a NonDodgyAdhocPaladiniTypeOfWay getting these deals for Harry's targets over the line.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 10:23]

? Uhh, didn't Phil sign Cesar, bosingwa, Granero, Green, Mbia, AJ, BZ, SWP?
Point is this: as Harry is often quoted, he asks for players and TF and Phil go get them. There have been some large disagreements ( hooper and bridge), and Harry was very vocal at the start that miracles would need to happen. Even last year he mocked our chances saying playoffs was the goal. Interesting that last year we could not get any money in transfers for that group. ...for one reason or another.

This year his plan is kicking up a notch. Hopefully that it all comes together on the pitch.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 9:56]
Alex McCarthy on 09:49 - Aug 21 with 2143 viewsElHoop

Alex McCarthy on 09:43 - Aug 21 by Loft1979

? Uhh, didn't Phil sign Cesar, bosingwa, Granero, Green, Mbia, AJ, BZ, SWP?
Point is this: as Harry is often quoted, he asks for players and TF and Phil go get them. There have been some large disagreements ( hooper and bridge), and Harry was very vocal at the start that miracles would need to happen. Even last year he mocked our chances saying playoffs was the goal. Interesting that last year we could not get any money in transfers for that group. ...for one reason or another.

This year his plan is kicking up a notch. Hopefully that it all comes together on the pitch.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 9:56]

Exactly. It's Harry who has made the difference.
Alex McCarthy on 09:56 - Aug 21 with 2121 viewssimmo

Alex McCarthy on 09:49 - Aug 21 by ElHoop

Exactly. It's Harry who has made the difference.

No, it's Harry coupled with the fact the board are determined not to make the same mistakes as last time, so are operating under a strict policy of not paying more than they feel a player is worth (current market considered).

We all know if Harry had his way we would have made twice as many signings and he would be happy to pay what people want for players, as it is the board will only pay if they feel the player adds value and can be acquired for a justified amount. Between the two it's working out perfectly so far and having Redknapp has definitely been a help to attract higher profile players.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Alex McCarthy on 10:03 - Aug 21 with 2089 viewsLoft1979

Alex McCarthy on 09:56 - Aug 21 by simmo

No, it's Harry coupled with the fact the board are determined not to make the same mistakes as last time, so are operating under a strict policy of not paying more than they feel a player is worth (current market considered).

We all know if Harry had his way we would have made twice as many signings and he would be happy to pay what people want for players, as it is the board will only pay if they feel the player adds value and can be acquired for a justified amount. Between the two it's working out perfectly so far and having Redknapp has definitely been a help to attract higher profile players.

Just a rebuttle on that. (No, I am not a HR fan, but liking his results so far).....
Why has Harry been such a supporter of Green, Clint, BZ, And Barton? ...showing faith in players who he did not bring in?
Harry was blatant in his attack on the salaries of previous signings....I think HE taught /advised the board on what was sensible...a board who previously showed they were out of their depth in dealing with agents.
Alex McCarthy on 10:03 - Aug 21 with 2086 viewsnadera78

Whilst I like the idea of signing a young GK who could be with us for a long time to come, I'm not entirely comfortable with how Green will react to this. We know he's very fragile in terms of confidence and, having only just got rid of Cesar, he might well have trouble with this signing.

Secondly, Reading would be left without a keeper, so not sure why they'd be keen on this at all, especially with a new owner coming in.

I suppose we could always sign McCarthy and then loan him back to Reading for the season (with a recall if Green picks up a serious injury).
Alex McCarthy on 10:10 - Aug 21 with 2059 viewsPommyhoop

If this comes off along with our other very impressive signings it shows that indeed the Lessons have been learnt.
Very strange things are afoot down at The Bush

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Alex McCarthy on 10:16 - Aug 21 with 2036 viewsElHoop

Alex McCarthy on 10:03 - Aug 21 by Loft1979

Just a rebuttle on that. (No, I am not a HR fan, but liking his results so far).....
Why has Harry been such a supporter of Green, Clint, BZ, And Barton? ...showing faith in players who he did not bring in?
Harry was blatant in his attack on the salaries of previous signings....I think HE taught /advised the board on what was sensible...a board who previously showed they were out of their depth in dealing with agents.

Exactly.

He's a top manager whether some like it or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024