Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPAD/Storage of pictures help required 10:18 - Aug 21 with 560 viewsfreddieeddie

Any help appreciated.

I just really want some sort of computer for internet and mainly storing videos and pictures of family etc.

Would like an IPAD but believe not great for storing pictures etc.

What would people recommend?

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 12:02 - Aug 21 with 509 viewsTripper

Just use a cloud based service like dropbox to store your photos then you never have to worry about losing them and can access them from any device you choose.
IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 14:19 - Aug 21 with 458 viewsJuzzie

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 12:02 - Aug 21 by Tripper

Just use a cloud based service like dropbox to store your photos then you never have to worry about losing them and can access them from any device you choose.

Cloud type services are only any good if you have Wifi/internet connection. What if you need to access something and have no connection?

A lot of other tablets allow you to add extra SD cards (up to about 64Gb) on top of it's own internal memory. So, a 32Gb tablet with a 64Gb SD card will give you 96Gb and you can access them straight away.
IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 14:34 - Aug 21 with 441 viewsfreddieeddie

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 14:19 - Aug 21 by Juzzie

Cloud type services are only any good if you have Wifi/internet connection. What if you need to access something and have no connection?

A lot of other tablets allow you to add extra SD cards (up to about 64Gb) on top of it's own internal memory. So, a 32Gb tablet with a 64Gb SD card will give you 96Gb and you can access them straight away.

I am a tad impatient and just bought an IPAD with 64GB, that should be enough shouldn't it. I don't do all that gaming etc on it, really just for internet and pictures/videos.

Thanks for advice all.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 14:39 - Aug 21 with 432 viewsJuzzie

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 14:34 - Aug 21 by freddieeddie

I am a tad impatient and just bought an IPAD with 64GB, that should be enough shouldn't it. I don't do all that gaming etc on it, really just for internet and pictures/videos.

Thanks for advice all.

I'd say pictures and video (and music) take up more space than games! I have a 16Gb model and have had to delete some music albums to free up space.

The largest app I have is a Sat Nav (about 700Mb) 'cos the maps are so huge.

64Gb though should be more than plenty.
IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 14:56 - Aug 21 with 413 viewsdanehoop

I regularly clear ours down and email myself any of the photos I want to keep. I then down load via my laptop onto external hard drive when I have a spare hour or two.

Never knowingly understood

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 15:48 - Aug 21 with 377 viewsBasingstokeR

Imho you'll need some sort of cloud account like Dropbox or Google Drive on top of the free Apple 5GB Cloud space.

I got the 64GB Ipad 2years ago and have been at the limits for almost a year. Maybe consider reducing the default photo quality if you want to save space. That and remember to delete the QPR Podcast once you've listed to it
IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 16:56 - Aug 21 with 346 viewsToast_R

Ipads are rubbish.

No USB port. How you supposed to upload pictures from your camera?
IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 21:38 - Aug 21 with 300 viewsBasingstokeR

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 16:56 - Aug 21 by Toast_R

Ipads are rubbish.

No USB port. How you supposed to upload pictures from your camera?

Bluetooth
Ipad SD card reader
By email
From a photo sharing site
Via a computer
Take the photo with the ipad
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 21:39]
Login to get fewer ads

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 22:05 - Aug 21 with 278 viewsjoolsyp

IPAD/Storage of pictures help required on 21:38 - Aug 21 by BasingstokeR

Bluetooth
Ipad SD card reader
By email
From a photo sharing site
Via a computer
Take the photo with the ipad
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 21:39]

Also more and more cameras are coming out with the facility to wirelessly transfer images to iPads/tablets. Plus apps like Photo Transfer will allow you to transfer images from your phone to your iPad.

And lastly the new iOS 8 out soon will include a new photos app that will make the process of storing and sharing your photos much easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024