Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's the James Foley thread gone? 14:09 - Aug 21 with 5348 viewsW7Ranger

???
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:15 - Aug 21 with 3639 viewsjohnhoop

Presumably to the same place as the thread that Hayesender started on a similar subject.
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:21 - Aug 21 with 3610 viewsdaveB

perhaps someone pasted a link to the video
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:28 - Aug 21 with 3579 viewsW7Ranger

There was nothing inflammatory or anything like that said was there? I just typed a long post in there and the thread had disappeared! Thought there was in interesting discussion going on.

Oh well...
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:41 - Aug 21 with 3519 viewssimmo

I know this board has a wider range of topics and conversations than just football, but I am not sure a thread with people talking about their experiences of watching beheadings is wholly appropriate or necessary.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:45 - Aug 21 with 3486 viewsessextaxiboy

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:41 - Aug 21 by simmo

I know this board has a wider range of topics and conversations than just football, but I am not sure a thread with people talking about their experiences of watching beheadings is wholly appropriate or necessary.

I posted on it and I totally agree with your judgment .

Thanks for getting rid of it .
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:59 - Aug 21 with 3404 viewsW7Ranger

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:41 - Aug 21 by simmo

Everyone agrees it's barbaric and abhorent, whether they have seen it or not. No one has glorified it and everyone agrees it should not be watched. I think the bigger issue about the war and terrorism etc... is still worthy of discussion/debate no?

The point I tried to make on the other thread was that we as a civilsed nation find this kind of thing incredibly disturbing. There are hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the middle of war zones that see this kind of horror every day. Families destroyed either by bombings or individual acts of barbarism and murder, these poor people must be scarred for life.

The very worrying thing is that the perpetrators of these horrific acts are now desensitised to committing such atrocities. I do worry about what's to come...
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 15:27 - Aug 21 with 3309 viewssimmo

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 14:45 - Aug 21 by essextaxiboy

I posted on it and I totally agree with your judgment .

Thanks for getting rid of it .

I didn't get rid of it.

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 15:31 - Aug 21 with 3271 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bollox missed both on mobile.

Typical

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 15:34 - Aug 21 with 3253 viewsNorthernr

I got rid of it. And this one's about to go the same way.

For future reference, threads where people talk about beheading videos they've seen or not seen will always be deleted. Sorry about that.

The thread yesterday went, and any future ones like it will go as well. Everybody on here knows what everybody else thinks on that issue, who thinks we should let everybody in and all hold hands, who thinks we should let nobody in, who thinks it's funny to tell paki jokes, who thinks who is an idiot with their head in the sand and so on. Those threads go on and on and on and on and on, 15, 16, 17 pages sometimes, filled with posters abusing one another. I'm not willing to sit and moderate that pointless sht, and I don't want visitors to the site logging onto the message board and seeing 17 pages of bile like that at the top of the board.

Sorry about that also.
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:03 - Aug 21 with 3168 viewsJAPRANGERS

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 15:34 - Aug 21 by Northernr

For future reference, threads where people talk about beheading videos they've seen or not seen will always be deleted. Sorry about that.

The thread yesterday went, and any future ones like it will go as well. Everybody on here knows what everybody else thinks on that issue, who thinks we should let everybody in and all hold hands, who thinks we should let nobody in, who thinks it's funny to tell paki jokes, who thinks who is an idiot with their head in the sand and so on. Those threads go on and on and on and on and on, 15, 16, 17 pages sometimes, filled with posters abusing one another. I'm not willing to sit and moderate that pointless sht, and I don't want visitors to the site logging onto the message board and seeing 17 pages of bile like that at the top of the board.

Sorry about that also.

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:12 - Aug 21 with 3119 viewsGloucs_R

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 15:34 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Sorry about that also.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:16 - Aug 21 with 3102 viewsRangersw12

Careful you don't damage your windows with those toys your throwing................
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:22 - Aug 21 with 3070 viewsdanehoop

How else can I display my ignorance and vent my ill conceived bile without the opportunity of these fruitless threads?

Never knowingly understood

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:26 - Aug 21 with 3036 viewsdubaistu

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:22 - Aug 21 by danehoop

How else can I display my ignorance and vent my ill conceived bile without the opportunity of these fruitless threads?

There must be a mosque nearby or perhaps some journal's with some cartoon pictures you could speak too?
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:27 - Aug 21 with 3029 viewsNorthernr

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:16 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

Careful you don't damage your windows with those toys your throwing................

Well the wonderful thing about this is there are lots of other QPR sites and message boards to use if you don't like the way I run this one.
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:28 - Aug 21 with 3015 viewsDiscodroid

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:22 - Aug 21 by danehoop

join a yevette cooper coffee morning with a young muslim dane hoop, have you still got that apron from 1970's sit com robins nest, the one with the naked lady..terribly un pc., quite a demand for halal battenburg fancies down eastham high street theses days.

made a note in my diary...simply says ..."hope clive didnt see my cara delevinge thread"..
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 16:33]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:28 - Aug 21 with 3020 viewsFredManRave

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:12 - Aug 21 by Gloucs_R

Impressive meat and one veg.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:31 - Aug 21 with 2987 viewsDiscodroid

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:28 - Aug 21 by FredManRave

Impressive meat and one veg.

lol!

well in fred.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:36 - Aug 21 with 2959 viewsRangersw12

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:27 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Well the wonderful thing about this is there are lots of other QPR sites and message boards to use if you don't like the way I run this one.

Isn't that the cyber equivalent of being told by your mum when you're 15 "if you don't like it move out "
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:40 - Aug 21 with 2938 viewssimmo

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:36 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

Isn't that the cyber equivalent of being told by your mum when you're 15 "if you don't like it move out "

Usually 15 year olds are fcking idiots

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:43 - Aug 21 with 2923 viewsNorthernr

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:36 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

Only if you're not old enough to be able to go and find another message board to use.
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:43 - Aug 21 with 2918 viewsdanehoop

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:40 - Aug 21 by simmo

Usually 15 year olds are fcking idiots

I guess the difference is that in this case you can genuinely go.

Never knowingly understood

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:47 - Aug 21 with 2900 viewsRangersw12

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:43 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Only if you're not old enough to be able to go and find another message board to use.

I quite like this message board thanks despite your moderating....
Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:50 - Aug 21 with 2885 viewsDiscodroid

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:43 - Aug 21 by danehoop

I guess the difference is that in this case you can genuinely go.

his early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when BROMLY HOOP put me on the ignore list (again),I think he really came into his own, commercially and artistically.

all his postings have a clear, crisp vibe , and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the message board a big boost. He's been compared to walter kronkite , but I think pam aryes has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor..

[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 16:51]

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:53 - Aug 21 with 2858 viewsNorthernr

Where's the James Foley thread gone? on 16:47 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

I quite like this message board thanks despite your moderating....

Can't be doing too bad a job then. Cheers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024