Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st Pint & what pub 16:56 - Aug 21 with 7800 viewspaulparker

Ok to lift the gloom of Left vs Right, Beheadings and everyone getting on at each other t*ts
I thought I would start a thread on the one thing we all have in common
Beer & Alcohol
so how old was you when you had your 1st pint & where was it
ok 1st Pint was with the old man in the Turks Head in Hillingdon I was 14 and I think the old man needed a drinking partner as my Mum had left him, 4 pints later I was zig Zagging home , thinking this was the best feeling in the world & oblivious to the fact the old man & old girl were getting divorced

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

1st Pint & what pub on 17:04 - Aug 21 with 4711 viewsRangersw12

I was about 15 and had Pint of Carling in a Pub called Trader Jacks in Hastings

Same sort of time we used to drink this stuff on the beach or arcades when we couldn't get into pubs

or this horrible stuff

1st Pint & what pub on 17:10 - Aug 21 with 4691 viewskarl

First pint in a pub would have been a Hotel in Port St Mary, Isle of Man aged 16. Think it was the Bayqueen, it was run by Asians and they had no idea on age restrictions it seemed as every customer was underage occasionally a girl would have a boyfriend over 18 but these people just looked wrong in there. Of course didn't last forever and one member of this board may divulge the details of his criminal record attained during the inevitable police crackdown but it served us nicely till we were nearly legal aget. Ah the memories of PC Pendlebury!
1st Pint & what pub on 17:16 - Aug 21 with 4676 viewswood_hoop

1st Pint & what pub on 17:04 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

I was about 15 and had Pint of Carling in a Pub called Trader Jacks in Hastings

Same sort of time we used to drink this stuff on the beach or arcades when we couldn't get into pubs

or this horrible stuff

I was 14, could barely see above the bar, think it was called The White Horse at top end of Putney High St right near the bridge.

My tipple was.....a pint of Red Barrel
1st Pint & what pub on 17:25 - Aug 21 with 4645 viewskarl

Forgot. Sickened myself at that time on home brew so didn't drink pints so my first pub drink was Bells Whisky and Lemonade, don't like whisky now but had that for a while before progressing to Malibu bizarrely!
1st Pint & what pub on 17:26 - Aug 21 with 4637 viewspaulparker

1st Pint & what pub on 17:25 - Aug 21 by karl

Forgot. Sickened myself at that time on home brew so didn't drink pints so my first pub drink was Bells Whisky and Lemonade, don't like whisky now but had that for a while before progressing to Malibu bizarrely!

Malibu ???

and there was me thinking all you scots drunk Babycham

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

1st Pint & what pub on 17:40 - Aug 21 with 4611 viewsBrightonhoop

Ha! The Turks Head PP. Mine was up the road at The Prince of Wales, three pints of London Pride and staggered down Vine Lane and back into Uxbridge. Got a right taste for it. Still drink it today. I guess I was 15 or so, no chance of getting a pint in the Red Lion, and Chris of the Prince of Wales knew my mates older brothers so just looked the other way and pulled you a pint. Magic times. First the lips, mouth, cheeks all numbing, legs going and falling over. A cheeky puff in the graveyard by the Cricket Pitch on the way home. Great days.
1st Pint & what pub on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 4605 viewssuperhoop67

Black and Tan Windmill Acton
1st Pint & what pub on 17:46 - Aug 21 with 4596 viewsYorkRanger

Horse and Groom in Streatham. I'm guessing late 1982 when just turned 16. Everyone went there from school when in the sixth form and they were relaxed about the under age stuff.

Almost certainly a pint of gassy, unmemorable lager...
Login to get fewer ads

1st Pint & what pub on 17:49 - Aug 21 with 4594 viewskarl

1st Pint & what pub on 17:26 - Aug 21 by paulparker

Malibu ???

and there was me thinking all you scots drunk Babycham

Drank it for ages, progressed to Red Wine or Heavy now but have an urge for a bottle of Creme De Menthe or Malibu at xmas!!?
1st Pint & what pub on 17:55 - Aug 21 with 4580 viewsCHUBBS

1st Pint & what pub on 17:25 - Aug 21 by karl

More like
1st Pint & what pub on 18:02 - Aug 21 with 4566 viewskarl

1st Pint & what pub on 17:55 - Aug 21 by CHUBBS

More like

Me granny always had a bottle of this 'tonic wine' in her cupboard next to the orange squash. She hated drink and drinkers but would have a small glass if she needed a pick me up, yeah believed it at the time haha. Vile stuff but one of our Scotland group has to have a quarter bottle of it before a game, never drinks it otherwise. Peculiar
1st Pint & what pub on 18:06 - Aug 21 with 4557 viewsbatmanhoop

1st Pint & what pub on 17:42 - Aug 21 by superhoop67

had a name for under-age drinkers, may have been my second pub, Princess Vic, pint of red
1st Pint & what pub on 18:16 - Aug 21 with 4539 viewslondonscottish

1st Pint & what pub on 18:06 - Aug 21 by batmanhoop

had a name for under-age drinkers, may have been my second pub, Princess Vic, pint of red

In 79 or 80 aged 15/16 in the Brig Tavern in Dunfermline. Probably a cider and black currant. Black and tans and snake bites also featured heavily in those early drinking days.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

1st Pint & what pub on 18:17 - Aug 21 with 4536 viewsPlumsteadQPR

I reckon I was 14 so it would have been either 1992 or 93. Canny pinpoint exactly but it was definitely either The Dog & Duck in North Wembley, The Spinning Wheel in Northfields or The Railway Hotel in Wealdstone. Probably the former. It will have been a pint of Fosters or some other such muck. Unsurprisingly none of the three pubs are still available for a pint of Fosters or anything else for that matter - barely any pub I spent any significant period of my youth in still does :-(
1st Pint & what pub on 18:18 - Aug 21 with 4536 viewskysersosaqpr

15, horrible light and bitter in Duke of Sussex in Edward woods estate.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

1st Pint & what pub on 18:48 - Aug 21 with 4480 viewsDWQPR

15 years old on the day Chas & Di got married, up the Paddington British Legion with my dear old Dad, drunk the same as him, light and bitter, as you got more than a pint with that old combo!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

1st Pint & what pub on 19:03 - Aug 21 with 4445 viewsLblock

North Star in Ealing Broadway when I had just turned 15.

Can't be sure but think it may have been Castlemaine XXXX

They had a purge on under age drinker's soon after and we then laughably became the regulars at The Old City Arms on Hammersmith bridge!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

1st Pint & what pub on 19:04 - Aug 21 with 4445 views81A

All a bit hazy but seem to remember it being a pint of Benskins at The Case is Altered up on Old Redding at Harrow on the last day of my O Levels
1st Pint & what pub on 19:13 - Aug 21 with 4433 viewsFredManRave

1st Pint & what pub on 18:18 - Aug 21 by kysersosaqpr

15, horrible light and bitter in Duke of Sussex in Edward woods estate.

Was also 15 and also chose light and bitter as my introduction to pub drinking. I'd never liked the taste of lager so instead of just drinking what everybody else was I decided to go for what I liked. Obviously that's all changed now and I drink lager and do what everybody else does. The first nights out were down the Hoppers in Crawley, great nights, 5 quid was all you needed for 4 drinks and a pack of fags...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

1st Pint & what pub on 19:22 - Aug 21 with 4417 viewsCHUBBS

1st Pint & what pub on 18:02 - Aug 21 by karl

Me granny always had a bottle of this 'tonic wine' in her cupboard next to the orange squash. She hated drink and drinkers but would have a small glass if she needed a pick me up, yeah believed it at the time haha. Vile stuff but one of our Scotland group has to have a quarter bottle of it before a game, never drinks it otherwise. Peculiar

Very peculiar,but as vile as you find it i loved the stuff.
Was on a course up north for a few months years back and a Glaswegian lad Tam used to bring a few bottles down to last the week,w@nkered most nights on the stuff.

Btw my 1st official pint in a pub was a Tennents Extra in The Fox And Goose Hanger Lane.
Used to drink cans long before that though
1st Pint & what pub on 20:05 - Aug 21 with 4353 viewsqueensparker

Would have been a pint of bitter in either the White Hart in Chiswick, the Queen Vic in Ealing or the Kent in Ealing. All known haunts for the 14/15 year old drinker in the late 80s... And a few cheeky pre match halves in the Crown and Sceptre courtesy of the old man
1st Pint & what pub on 20:07 - Aug 21 with 4348 viewsjc67

16...light and bitter (cos you got more than a pint)...Western Savoy Circus (where Homebase is now)
1st Pint & what pub on 20:13 - Aug 21 with 4336 viewsloftboy

14 Mum and dad left me lone at a hotel in Majorca for a night with a friend I had made, several bottles of San Miguel later and I get my first hangover.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

1st Pint & what pub on 20:16 - Aug 21 with 4330 viewsloftboy

I'm glad I was 16 when I was, never got asked for ID and every pub in Bracknell served you, none of this sitting in a park swigging cider from a plastic bottle.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

1st Pint & what pub on 21:03 - Aug 21 with 4265 viewsMonahoop

1st Pint & what pub on 17:42 - Aug 21 by superhoop67

Wow! Black and Tan, that's a tipple from the past. My old man used to refer that as a Boilermaker. I never knew why and I don't think he knew either, but there you go.

My first beer in a pub was when I was 15 at some young farmers do somewhere in the middle of Wiltshire. Can't remember the name of the pub or place, probably the Ye Olde Dung Carte at Udder -Under- Moocow. I was with a bunch of yokels I got to know in a village we were holidaying in. I got well and truly pie faced and threw up on the way back in some blokes ancient Vauxhall Victor along with a couple of others. The driver who was drunk too[!!] seemed none too concerned.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024